Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

The UK made Soft Coer smells like HIWTK. My least favourite Lush scent - ever. But I'd so much want one that smells of vanilla, mint and chocolate! :P I'm a sucker for vanilla-mint things.

Now I have yet an other reason to get to Australia!

whoops, I had celestia and saracakes mixed up :P Sorry! So now it's sounding like UK and NA Soft Couer smell the same but Australian ones might be a little different...

celestia, have you ever tried any of the various Lick It Yule LEs (there were several: Lick It, Lick It Again and Lick It One More Time, although I don't think they were intended to be vastly different). They're all sugary peppermint-vanilla blends. Monster Bait Tokyo Stomp is also a minty vanilla. Maybe a dab of one of those with a sweet chocolate blend like Candy Butcher might get you into the territory that you're seeking? At least you would have fun trying!

has anyone come across a bpal scent similar to the light woody patchouli scent in aromaco? i bought a six pack of patchouli-based imps based on the recs in the patchouli thread and they mostly turned too dark or 'red' for me.

has anyone come across a bpal scent similar to the light woody patchouli scent in aromaco? i bought a six pack of patchouli-based imps based on the recs in the patchouli thread and they mostly turned too dark or 'red' for me.

There are some patchouli bpals that have that note. I'm not a big patchouli collector, so I don't know of any but Goblin which mixes it with coconut. I think of that patchouli as a bpal dirt note.

whoops, I had celestia and saracakes mixed up :P Sorry! So now it's sounding like UK and NA Soft Couer smell the same but Australian ones might be a little different...

celestia, have you ever tried any of the various Lick It Yule LEs (there were several: Lick It, Lick It Again and Lick It One More Time, although I don't think they were intended to be vastly different). They're all sugary peppermint-vanilla blends. Monster Bait Tokyo Stomp is also a minty vanilla. Maybe a dab of one of those with a sweet chocolate blend like Candy Butcher might get you into the territory that you're seeking? At least you would have fun trying!

:D ahh. is the vanilla in the LEs you mention similar to the soft coeur? If so, i'm more than game to go 'ISO' some. haha

Aureus seems like a good match for aromaco; it has that same clean/dirty smell. Dance of Death is similar, to my nose, and Sri Lanka was also similar on my skin. I just tried Umbra, and while that didn't work for me, it did have that more "hippy" sort of patchouli I associate with aromaco.

Edited by TereFaerie

wow thanks Tempest and TereFaerie for your replies...you gave a lot of great suggestions for me to peruse thru!

Okay everyone.. I'm going to go through my stash of BPAL and give each one a sniff and tell you what kind of Lush it smells like, what it would go well with, what shares similar notes, ect. Hope this helps!

Kabuki: You Snap the Whip, Skin Sin

Biobhan Sith: Sexy Peel & Sandstone Soap

I Died for Beauty: Bathos, Gratutious Violets, Daddy-O Shampoo

Ladon, the Hesperides: Temptation Soap

Bon Vivant: Champagne Snow Showers, Champagne Supernova bath bomb

The Lady of Shallot: Lily Savon Soap

Jack: Porridge Soap, smells very sweet like Soft Coeur and Mange Too

Gluttony: Porridge!! Honey I Washed the Kids

Velvet: Choco La La Massage Bar, Chocolate Whipstick Lip Balm

Juke Joint: Demon in the Dark Soap, Fair Trade Foot Lotion

Sudha Segara: The Soft Touch, Butterball, (would be amazing with Wiccy Magic Muscles)

Cockaigne: Wiccy Magic Muscles, Porridge Soap

Annnd this is also amazing and all Cockaigne Lovers should experience it at least once!

Travel to Paradise

1 Butterball Bath Bomb

1 Ma Bar Bubble Bath

1/6 Wiccy Magic Muscles as a Bath Melt

-Wash with Porridge Soap

-Shave with Almond and Coconut Smoothie

-Slather on Sympathy for the Skin and Cockaigne

Sigh.. lasts all day and feels sooo good

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any one has compared lush's Youki-Hi Bath Bomb to any of the bpal oils? I did search the thread, but Youki-Hi didn't bring anything up... I love this bath bomb, and would love to find a bpal similar!

Thanks!

I don't think there is a BPAL similar to Youki-Hi as Beth's jasmine is wildly different from the one in Lush products as far as my experience goes. I'm sorry. Maybe someone else knows of something that still gets close.

Something else: I just got myself a Green Day bbs the other day and found it to be a bit similar to Magus and a couple of other greenish cedar blends that I don't seem to be able to recall by name right now.

I recently layered Melisande and Athens, and it was in the Flying Fox / Youki-hi / Godiva ballpark. I'm thinking a honey-intensive blend layered with a jasmine-heavy scent is the way to go, though BPAL jasmine and LUSH jasmine seem pretty different. Something dark and smoky or some ylang-ylang in the background of one of the components would be a plus... can you tell I'm experimenting? lol

Lines Written Among the Euganean Hills after drydown is quite similar to Lush's Ginger on my skin.

Edited by blu°

Hello

I was just wondering whether anyone who has tried Hanerot Halalu could comment on whether it's similar to Lush's olive branch? I got the impression the two might be similar....

Thank you!

Hello

I was just wondering whether anyone who has tried Hanerot Halalu could comment on whether it's similar to Lush's olive branch? I got the impression the two might be similar....

Thank you!

I don't find them remotely alike, Sarri - on my skin, Hanerot is creamy, smoky beeswax with none of that soft citrusy goodness that is The Olive Branch. But since so many people have mentioned getting some orange notes from it, maybe you should put it on your list, and I would be interested to hear what someone who does get the orange from it has to say!

Of all the sweet BPALs I've tried, Candy Phoenix is the most similar to the Candy Fluff - Rock Star - Melting Marshmallow Moments - Think Pink family of scents. (I know some people find these four Lush scents to be vastly different, but to me they are very similar despite some wee differences.)

Wet and in the first hour or so, the black currant in Candy Phoenix makes it a very black currant-y scent, but as it dries down the black currant fades into a more generally fruity-sweet note, losing the tartness and tangy edge, and this is where I start getting the Candy Fluff whiffs. If you positively despise black currant, you may not want to take a chance on it, and of course we never know what our chemistry is going to do when we hand it a new combination of BPAL notes :P

But even this old grinch, who doesn't like sweet scents very much (I draw the line at Snow Fairy and won't let her in my shower, I couldn't stand to wear either of the Beaver Moons) has always loved Candy Fluff, MMM and Think Pink and I'm doing cartwheels for Candy Phoenix!

Does anyone know of something that smells like I Should Coco soap from Lush? It has coconut, orange, coriander and vetivert. For some reason this just smells so good to/on me.

Does anyone know of something that smells like I Should Coco soap from Lush? It has coconut, orange, coriander and vetivert. For some reason this just smells so good to/on me.

It isn't the same, but, you might try Snake Charmer ressurected before it vanishes. I love I Should Coco soap, myself, and though Snake charmer is not the same...it still has(to me) a similar feel, with the spicyness and the smoothness.

Even if it doesn't have coriander, which I am always looking for more of.

I do think a scent with coconut, orange(or even orange wood, which might last longer on my skin), coriander and vetiver would be wonderful.

I did a search on this but couldn't find it : did anyone find a bpal that smelled like ooh la la/a french kiss ? It is lavender but much more herbal and sexy !

kyaatje, I was wearing On Darkness yesterday and was thinking it's very similar to Ooh La La (which I'm currently using as hand soap in my bathroom). If you want to compare them, better hurry as On Darkness is only available for a few more days!

I am a LUSH fan and extremely new to BPAL. I will be placing my first order soon and was curious to know if there are any BPAL scents that are similar to Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds Bubble Bar / Blue Skies SG, The Soft Touch (other than TKO which was previously mentioned), and Jungle Solid Conditioner. Thanks in advance!

I'ma put my two pennies worth in to say that Candy Phoneix = Rock Star soap!!! It's not similar to Mmm marshmallow moment to my nose, MMM seems to be more fluffy...Rock Star more fruity. But Rock Star..almost identical to me. YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

It's effing brilliant!!!

Edited by ouch!