Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdoll

Roadhouse

Truck stop sleaze. Weedy dandelion and hops with a whiff of tobacco and hemp and a swirl of booziness.

In the vial: It does smell sort of green and weedy, with a cutting booze overtone (cheap vodka?).

Wet: Sweeter immediately, still on that green weedy base. I rather like it.

Half an hour: Sweet floral grassy scent with something naughty in the background, I'm not sure what. Don't get any hemp or hops, though.

One hour: Something smokyish, but still mostly grassy and a touch of floral. There's something a little sharp in there, too, though.

Two hours: This seems like it's got a lot of the same notes as "Hellhound," but it's stronger, smokier, and boozier. Grassy floral, still.

Three hours: This smells kind of disreputable, but I'm not sure why. It's starting to smell like the downside of a big party now, kind of sharp and stale.

Four hours: Now it smells like sweet grass and the dregs of light beer. This doesn't actually work on me, but it's been a fascinating scent to observe, and I enjoyed the experience quite a lot.

I love this one! At first sniff I thought it would be way too green for my liking...but after putting it on it becomes an instant dandelion that fell in a mug of beer. Yay! It softens to a mossy smell to me after a while. This scent reminds me of running around in a field on a summers day and cooling off with a swig of beer. I don't get hillbilly at all with this, but then again that could be my roots that make me oblivious! :P

I can see myself wearing this in the spring and summer! Just maybe not at work...

:D

It's weird--everyone says they can smell the dandelions and beer, but on me this scent just smells like the inside of a candle store. i can't identify any of the individual scents. plus, it fades REALLY quickly on me. i just put it on about an hour ago and i can't smell it anymore.

it smells nice, but i wish it lasted longer.

This goes on as weedy and green with yellow dandelions and a slightly boozy backdrop, but as it dries down it becomes a faint scent of greens and hops. It's a great combination, but it fades out within a couple hours, so this isn't a long-term scent.

Recaplet: Weedy and playful, but gone really fast.

My rating: 4 of 5 (I really like this!)

Color impression: Bright yellow.

imp: yep, weeds.

wet: whoa! boozy weeds!

dry: this dries back down to weeds.

who had thought that I would like this blend?

me?

no one. is my guess :tongue:

but I do. I do. I do like this weirdy Roadhouse :heart:

it reminds me of being outside and during summertime.. also the smell of wet street stones are there

which is the best scent ever!

the tobacco is fine with me, I am a floral girl, but there are SOOOO many Dandelions in this

that it is good enough for me to go and order a bottle soon, atleast before summer starts ^_^n

In the imp: Dandelion beer. Seriously, in the best way. It smells so nice in the imp.

On, wet: Green and fresh, with a floral note underneath. It smells like spring.

On, dry: It's very faint after about 20 minutes, but it's a clean smell with maybe just a touch of something boozy underneath. A little bit like dryer sheets, but not unpleasantly so.

Imp: Green florals. "clean"

Wet: Flower stems.

Drydown: I really like the drydown. It's a clean, fruity floral scent. I think of spring rain. Further drydown, I smell beer. Yum. :P

Overall: I like this scent. This will be a fun summer weekend scent. :lol:

This is the chirpiest cleanest sleazy truck stop I have ever smelled, and I have been to one or two truck stops.

Clover-sweet, if you ever took a blooming clover head, tugged out the petals and sucked the tips for their honey. A touch of wood (hops/tobacco/hemp?) during drydown, but otherwise, a light happy floral.

I think what is supposed to come off as dandelions, just smells like green apples mostly. Up close is more of the "hemp" smell. Very very green smell. After several minutes, the dandelion fades to the background, and the hops seem to move forward. The scent is turning much dryer and grainier. The hops are twinging on beer smell.. almost with that little bit of carbonation. Strangely, I dont really mind the scent... The hops are actually pretty nice, as long as they stay hops, and not full fledged beer. This will make a good spring scent.

Eep. I get a sharp dandelion/clover scent with a too-sweet booze layer on top. Really strong throw. Not for me, unfortunately.

I looked at the description of this fragrance and thought that I would probably leave it on my wrist for 4.5 minutes before I washed it off. WRONG. If I thought it would never fade, I wouldn't wash my arm again. EVER.

It starts out with a tartness. I could have sworn I smelled apple but I think that it is the dandelion greenery. I wouldn't know what hops or hemps smell like but if they are what makes this scent turn sweet, then I want them in everything I wear from this moment forward.

The tobacco is what I smell at the very end here- and it reminds me of cherry pipe tobacco.

Whatever. I really like this fragrance.

At first this is incredibly light green and fresh, bottled sunshine and dandelions. Then it starts to get slightly smokier, and the hops and hemp come out.

Edited by AmandaKay

Smells like pure dandelion. No mistaking the floral note in this one! After a few minutes, it dries down to a nice, warm dandelion scent, with a hint of green grass and maybe a little booze, too.

this scent really surprised me, i was expecting "truck-stop sleaze" but it ended up being very floral. it didn't change much at all from in the imp to my skin and in fact the dandelion (i never knew dandelions smelled so sweet) was about all i could pick up except for maybe a very slight hint of alcohol. i think Dandelion Wine might be a more fitting name than Roadhouse for this oil

Vial: My goodness. I smell dandelion flower when it is still yellow, smoke and the bitterness of malt liqueur in the background. Impressive!

On: Dandelion and hops, with a fresh, slightly bitter bite. Actually quite nice, surprisingly (I am always worried about tobacco notes, and was fearing a scent disaster from the notes quoted). Sweetens a bit more as it dries, but is still fresh and feels very original. Once dry, I get more full-fledged beer and smoke, kept in check by the fresh green weeds.

Later: Turns into a brown hemp-and-tobacco scent; the dandelion and booze fade. This is quite a morpher, but might just be interesting enough to get more of. I will see as I keep using the imp.

At first, this was lemon booze in the imp. But as it's drying down on my skin, all I get is dandelion's. Pure rolling fields of big 'ole yellow dandelion's. Which, I don't mind dandelion's, but I really don't want to smell like one. Every now and then I get a hint of tobacco, maybe some hops (or the booze note). Not my thing for sure.

Sigh. I love this scent so much--sweet and clean and green and prettyyyy. Unfortunately, when it hits my skin, it loses that freshness and turns into an air freshener, flat and muddled sweetness.

This is the ultimate smell for any of us who had a mispent rural youth. :drunk: The exact smell that is the precursor to crazy-hot outdoor teenage sex. :thumbsup: It's the smell of drinking cheap American beer followed by a passionate make out session on the grass. It's the smell of summer nights, pick-up trucks, dirt roads, and wild outdoor parties - minus the gross smells like pee, barf, and cow poo. :sick:

Dandelions - green and freshly crushed, the smell of laundry detergent and cigarettes when you nuzzle into his shirt, the beer that you spilled on your jeans - warmed by body heat...

Edited by 13magpies

On the skin: Very grassy.... and bitter

I am afraid that I am not liking this one at all.

This scent makes me so happy!

It's light and bright and it feels like a party in a bottle to me.

If I didn't know I wouldn't have guessed dandelions, but just some sweet floral with bright green juicy sap mixed in. I don't get the cigarettes or beer, so really none of the listed notes present the way I thought they would, but I'm really loving it anyway. It makes me smile when I sniff it :lovestruck:

*edit to add. I bought a bottle new from the lab and when it got here it seemed really sharp and kind of just ~too much. Two months later.... I put it on today and it's sooo wonderful. Bright flowers and pretty greenery and when it's dried down underneath there's a very lovely warmth and a little spice, maybe from the tobacco? I'm so glad I held onto my bottle, aging it a little did wonders.

Edited by strahlend

Sparkling dandelion wine!

:wub2:

Something about the combination of hops and dandelion makes this really fizz! I can't believe how fresh and lively it is, especially as I was expecting dark and dusty. As it dries more, the sweet dandelion fades a bit so that the hops come through more, but on me it never becomes a strong beer scent at all. Sadly, it fades pretty quickly, but then it's still a lovely muted green scent. Not at all what I expected, but it's gorgeous!

:cheers:

The intial stage is wet and dewy, like freshly snapped dandelions with fresh cut grass in the background. This scent just screams summertime to me, lounging around when I was little after my dad had cut the grass. It's very invokative of this, and very heart warming. After it dries down, a soft gritty dirt note comes up from the background, very subtle and doesn't seem to overpower the dandelions. This scent is a lot better then I thought it would be. I might keep the imp for summer days for something light and cool. There is a creamy note that comes out near the end that reminds me of the milky sap in there as well. It's really delightful.