Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In the bottle: Very light and softly fruity, definitely picking up the grapes and peaches, maybe that's the moonflower that's adding to the flora portion. Sweet but not bubblegum-ish.

On me wet: Soapy, very very fruity soap. Like a kid's peach bubble bath. With just a touch of something - ooooh, that's snapdragon! - giving it a touch of a spicy buttery scent.

On me drying: Maintaining the soapy buttery kind of scent - it's more like a candle really. It's all floral, no fruit in it at all. Lots and lots of musk rose and snapdragon, luckily the snapdragon is making the sweet pea take a hike.

On me dry: Still soapy and very sweet, incredibly sweet. Like sugar-candy or cheap strawberry soda.

Final conclusion:
1 Hour Later - The sweet has worn off finally, letting the grapes and peaches come slithering out from under the snapdragon and rose vines. The moonflower's supporting them - with a vague touch of sweet pea somewhere in the background getting tangled with the snapdraggon - and lending it the aura of a garden at moonrise on a balmy night in the mountains. Wild and sweet but tame because of the humidy and air. Playful but secretive, it's like playing hide-and-go-seek with a black kitten in a dark room, trying to locate any one scent in this blend.

Finale:
While playful and pretty, this scent is way too sweet and soapy to me. Even after the fruits start to come out, it reminds me of one of Calgon's cheap kiddy perfumes - the ones I used up until a few months ago, actually. One of the advantages this one had was very little throw, after the initial soap-assault on my sense(it was bad, my eyes watered). But still, as fun and light-hearted as this blend is, it's not for me. Edited by Elri

Holy cow. This smells exactly like my ex. He, uh, he was very metro. Spent more on one pair of pants than my whole wardrobe. ::laughs:: Man, if I mixed this with DeSade, it'd be him to a T.

It's gorgeous and feminine despite who it reminds me of. This is definitely one for me to wear when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Bright, fruity, and flowery. More fruits than flowers, at first, but then flowers come out. A bit more floral that Kitsune-Tsuki, but to my nose it's in the same vein. This is a great springtime scent, and I wish I'd had a bottle of this for spring this year. I might get a bottle anyway... I like it a lot. It smells cheerful and playful.

Bottle: the pear and grape are most insistent, the peach follows mingled with a vague summer bouquet affect without any of the floral notes standing out, yet.

Wet: still mostly fruit, I can identify the moonflower more clearly.

Dry: good lord this is sweet. I think the moonflower is doing something funky on me, as I almost caught the sweet pea, then it was totally swallowed up again and the floral is getting decidedly sweet and sharp-edged.

Later: escalating sweetness = headache. very unpleasant - but hey, it's not mine! LOL

Emma reviewed this with me since it's hers. She snatched it up - loves the fruitiness. Yay! We've pleased the unpleasable! (believe me, nothing has pleased this child today. maaaan.)

I had a feeling I was really going to like this, and I was soooo right! In the imp, the peach and pear are what I smell most; when I put it on, it blooms into a fabulous mixture of fruit and light florals that I can't stop sniffing. I put some on my arm, so that I could fall asleep with it right near my nose.

Big bottle, here I come!

Bought a bottle for me mum, and... well, I had to try it, didn't I? Shhh! :P

In the bottle: ...... Fruit. Correction: FRUIT! Smells like a grape-peach juice cocktail, with a giant sweet pea flower stuck in it and a side order of baked pears. Thick, syrupy, and, Christ in cream cheese, is it fruity and flowery. I'm not sure what moonflower and snapdragon smell like, but I can't smell any rose.

Wet: Oh, that's better. It calms down considerably, taking on a slightly powdery edge that balances out the overwhelming OMGFRUIT! of the first olfactory assault. It's probably the rose going soapy on me behind layers of other things, but for once I'm glad of it.

Dry: There's a certain bubblegum aspect to this I'm not terribly keen on... a better comparison, actually, might be a super-fruity alcoholic drink, as this has a slightly sharp twinge I tend to associate with the lab's booze notes. It's bold, sweet, in-your-face, a little mischievious, and, much like Titania, totally over the top. I'm glad my mum likes it, but I'll stick to my Fr00t M00n.

Verdict: That's some... uh.... that's some... wow, that's some fruit, isn't it?

Wet: MMMMM I want to drink this magnificent creation... Sweet, soft, mysterious yet bright.

Dry: Let me just put it this way. My friend was engaged in conversation with other friends, my hand went up in the air as I was making silly gestures and dances, she grabbed my wrist (scared the heck out of me) and demanded to know where I obtained this scent!

Rating: 10000/5 =)

My signature scent!

Just lovely--sweet, fresh, and still a little juicy. A bright and shimmery perfume, the perfect scent for a hot summer night. I agree with Melantha; this is one I'd love to smell just as I'm going to sleep.

First of all I'd like to say wow! This is potent, it lasted ages on me and wafted soooo much people kept saying what's that fruity smell?

When first applied, its grape all the way, very very sharp grape, as it dries though it becomes alotmore complex, but for me not floral at all. It's like a very full fruit basket. I coudn't really pickout any in particular but it started strong and stayed strong...... fruity all the way.

The fact that the description says iced pear is probably the best way I can dedribe the scent. Iced fruits, refrigorated fruits. Sharp tangy icy fruits. (whoops went on a bit there!!!) :P

Beautiful for summer definatley!

This is a happy, fruity blend to me and it doesn't seem nocturnal to me at all. It's almost citrussy to my nose; bright, yellow and cheerful. And oddly enough, I thought I caught a whiff of hot candle wax in the distance, warming it up just a tad. Maybe it was the flowers, I'm not sure.

Light and fresh, I think this would make a lovely summer scent for someone who likes fruity, fruity florals.

In the vial this one almost smells like bubblegum to me.

When I put it on the only note I can really detect is the pear. Now that is has dried down some I get a little but of grape and peach, but I also am getting a lot of sweet pea, and me and sweet pea don't get along!!

I think we have called a truce so that I may wear this inoocent, fruity blend. Probably wouldn't purchase a full bottle, but the imp brings a smile to my face!

This is circulating as part of the general catalog sniffing circle. It's not a blend I'd be drawn to otherwise as it sounded too floral and fruity. But I bravely opened the imp to sniff it anyway since I am determined to sniff 'em all.

In the imp: Sweet and fruity. Is that grape nehi I smell or is it Starburst? After the first whiff there is a lingering floral finish on the back of my palate. It's a soft, sweet floral, making me think of delicate pink and white bouquets of small flowers.

I did not apply this as sniffing it in the imp induced a sneezing fit. I decided discretion was the better of valor with regard to my floral sensitivity.

Titania - Once upon a time, Titania was one of my favorite BPALs and probably my #1 favorite fruit-floral BPAL scent. I was quite surprised when I discovered that Titania’s fruits are powerful and abundant and ripe and juicy and fill the entire room with juiciness. The soft florals were what kept the juiciness from being overwhelming. When I would wear it on my skin, the scented lasted for several hours, but when I wear it in a scent locket, the scent lasted for several days and is so strong that while I normally will put 2-3 drops of an oil in a scent locket, with Titania, I just put the tiniest dab that probably doesn’t even equal a full drop. It’s one of my favorites, and I bought a bottle.

And then it changed on me. I'm not sure what happened, but this past spring I started noticing that when I'd wear it, it would start off with all of the loveliness I described above, but then as it dried, it would get incredibly subtle and turn into a strange aquatic scent. Others who sniffed my wrists agreed that the final result was aquatic. I have since swapped my bottle away since it doesn't work for me anymore.

Delicious, juicy fruit with a complimentary floral base. A lovely, vibrant scent!

In the bottle: I'd say that peach is the strongest note; you get a hint of the grape and sweet pea, and a definite sense of ripeness.

Wet on the skin: the fruit scents really come alive! Beth's magic transforms this from a fruit perfume to the essense of fruit itself: it's the smell, but also the sensation, the roundness of the fruit, the way it feels to take a bite. Simply mah-velous.

Drying/dry: As this scent dries, the floral becomes a bit stronger. It's here that I get the smallest hint of bubblegum: not traditional bubblegum flavour, but a fruity gum. Like Fruitstripes gum. Anyone remember that one? :D The floral and fruit balance so well: if it were just the fruit, I think it would be just a little bit too sweet, but the florals (especially the moonflower and snapdragon, I think?) mellows it out well.

Overall: This scent definitely presents the image it describes: ripe fruit in the moonlight, enhanced by flower petals strewn about Titian's bower. I love this scent. Definitely going to get a big bottle. :D

I wanted a good summer scent, and Titania certainly fits the bill!

In the bottle: Grape mostly--quite strong, kinda scary...

On wet: Still grapey, but with some peach as well. Really fruity.

Dry: Oh, YUM. This is delicious! still fruity but softer, almost creamy.

This is so nice--I love it. On a hot day it's refreshing and light. Very happy

that I have 5ml!

In the imp: woo! sliding down a rainbow of peaches and pears!

on wet: I start to smell a bit of sweet peas and a hint of grape. The peach is staying as well.

dry: it stays the same as on wet, but I smell the pear again

This is a bit sweet even for me, but it would be lovely as a candle!

At first, this is all fruit! I guess what I'm smelling are the peaches and grapes, but before I looked at the list of notes I could have sworn I smelled honeydew melons too! After it dries, the florals come out more and turn kind of soapy on my skin. It's a nice, clean, fresh and fruity sort of scent that would be perfect for spring. I actually like its beginning stage best, before it turns soapy, so I may try it in a scent locket and see how it does in that. Those who love girly, fruity florals need to check this one out.

In the bottle: I can only pick up a strong alcoholic peach scent, with a wisp of floral. Uhoh...and a faint trace of bubblebath?

On wet and dry down: The scent turns into some sort of strange cheap peach bubblebath smell. I can't smell any of the florals anymore. What happened to that rich fruity smell? Oh no!

What others think: "Mmmm, you smell like peach" and "mmmm, you smell like fruit lollies." From this, I can deduct that I must have a faulty sniffer when wearing this, as only I get the bubblebath effect fragrance...

I won't buy any more, but since it smells so good on me based on other people's sniffings, I will continue to wear it.

In the bottle: I ordered this one in a 10ml bottle unsniffed, and I am so very glad I did! The fruits are much more prominent than any of the florals, especially the peach and grape. My first thought was "It smells like faeries!"

Wet on skin: Still very fruity, a bit lighter than in the bottle. It smells almost good enough to lick. I can detect a faint hint of flowers, but not strongly enough to tell what flower it is.

Dry on skin: Five hours later at a concert I still caught a whiff of peaches and grapes and pears. My boyfriend liked it, too.

Verdict: One of my absolute favorite BPAL scents ever. It's light and lovely and longlasting and makes you feel like a faerie queen.

This is a cool scent, somewhat piercing, and perhaps a touch fruity in the background. On my skin, it warms up and begins to smell of sweet pea over sugary, juicy fruit... Mmm, delicious. After a few hours on my skin, this is a quietly soft, sweet floral scent that has cooled down and become rather gentle.

it's sort of fruity. I can smell the rose in there - yeah, definitely a musky rose.

It's pretty, but it's not for me. Just doesn't do it right with my skin.

off it goes!

First review...we'll see if I can do this right.

In the bottle Titania smells bright. That's the only word I can think of. I didn't get the overwhelming fruit scent...just really bright happy floral.

Wet on skin: There's the fruit! Peaches, with the lightest hint of the Fruit Stripes gum that someone mentioned. Oh wow. This smells so good!

About an hour later: Ick. After an hour of blissful sniffing of my wrist...it suddenly went plasticky and now it smells like cheap children's perfume. Exactly what Kitsune-Tsuki did.

Later: The plastic scent didn't last very long and now I'm getting a mix of light florals and fabric softener. What a clean and pretty scent. Pink and the Snuggle Bear. That's what I'm thinking about as I sniff now.

This is definitely going on my list of must haves for a big bottle.

Soft fruits. I'm getting mostly peaches with a bit of grape and florals. I can't tell the florals apart yet, mostly because I haven't smelt them individually, but this is a great fruit-floral blend. There's something eternally youthful about it.