Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Titania

A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

In the imp:Pure, fruity goodness. Rich and deep without being heavy.

Wet: It's still pure, fruity goodness. It really does smell like a blue summer night.

Dry: Sometimes little whiffs of two kinds of flowers come through the fruit. One is sweet and almost honeysuckle-like (I want to say it's sweet pea, but I've never smelled sweet pea on it's own), while the other is a little crisper, adding a touch of moonlight to the night. It's still predominantly fruity, though, and it's truly gorgeous. It makes me feel both a bright and a calm kind of happiness at the same time. And it's got great staying power.

A week later: Cantaloupe. Cantaloupe in the vial, cantaloupe when first applied, cantaloupe in the drydown, with the beautiful fruity smell I loved hovering faintly in the background. ::cries:: I thought Titania was going to be my Great BPAL Love, and then... cantaloupe. Drat.

Edited by Narmir

Titania reminds me of the headresses that most productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream place on the head of Titania and her attendants---some kind of ethereal twining of fruits and tulle, with a delicate branch of something sylvan as an underpinning. Sort of a cross between faerydom and Carmen Miranda.

This is one of my Illyria favorites. On my skin I get a fruity/floral mix of the grape, the pear, and the sweetpea, with the moonflower trailing behind. It truly is sparkling, and embodies late spring/summer for me.

In the vial: Luscious white floral with fruity notes.

Wet: This smells like a summer garden at twilight. Beautiful light floral with sweet fruit.

Dry: This is a very girly floral. Sweet and pretty.

In the vial: fresh, white florals. Very light and nice.

Wet on me: Whoa, smells like berries bursting. Fruity yummy goodness with the florals staying in the background. It's sweet but not cloying sweet.

Drydown: The fruit sweetness softens and blends beautifully with the florals. This is the second scent that has sweet pea and smells lovely on me (first one being Annabel Lee).

Verdict: This smells so delicious :P. I want a big bottle!

Edited by mandragora

In the Bottle: Oh my god this is nice. Smooth, succulent and absolutely drenched with yumminess. I absolutely adore this. It’s a soft sweet floral that I can just see myself wearing on a bright summer day.

Wet: On my skin everything calmed down to a nice soft murmur of lovliness. She’s purring deliciously in the ear of a lover while teasing his skin with a bundle of grapes.

Dry Down: This is fantastic I just can’t see myself wearing it. I hope It works better on someone else though.

This is very pretty and feminine. The adjectives that come to mind are light, luscious, and juicy. The fruits and flowers combine perfectly so it's hard to pick out individual notes, but I do catch a breath of a melon-like scent.

Of all the scents I've tried, this reminds me the most of Blue Moon. This is very fae--a perfect scent for Titania. :P

This may be the one I like best so far! I wanted to jump into the bottle when I sniffed it! I'm a fan of fruity fragrances and this one takes the cake in that department. Now to see if it lasts...

Edited by abbycomix

Wet: Sweet floral with a zing, almost citrusy. No one note stands out.

Dry: Still sweet, but started turning sour and a bit fermented, kind of like a hoppy beer.

Final: Sourness eased, but it's too aggressively cheerful. I like light, cheerful scents well enough, but this one is the annoyingly perky cheerleader who wants you to get up and do the wave when all you want to do is sit in the stands and make snarky comments. It could just be a mood/scent mishmash today, though.

Oh wow, sweet pea and peach. Both in the bottle and on my skin.

I can't even say anything else coherent about this. I LOVE IT.

I love LOVE this one in the bottle. Smelling it just transports me to a place that I would be content to stay.

However...

It dries down to smell like a generic 'old lady' perfume smell. This fairy queen broke my heart :P

Fruits, certainly. A very fragrant melon. I was hoping for something more like Welch's white grape and peach juice, something that would make my mouth water, but this is much too floral.

Eventually the floral note fades, but it is still not an edible fruitiness. It doesnt jibe with any of my personalities, sadly.

Very girly. teenaged. informal. I might wear it on an occasion at which I dont care how others perceive me. I'm disappointed because it doesnt evoke A Midsummer Night's Dream for me at all.

Hmmm, now it seems almost candy-ish. Later, even more hard-candy-like.

I actually prefer to sniff the residual burial on my other arm, even though it irritated my nose.

*shakes head sadly*

It's either too sweet and floral, or seems like artificial flavoring. The ripe, cool juicyness evoked by the description is sadly missing.

Absolutely stunning. I'm so glad "musk rose" didn't turn me away from ordering it. Peach always smells divine on me and it was once again the dominant note in this according to my chemistry. It's very reminicent to the beauty of my dear Fae, but less peachy, less sunny and more foggy enchanted orchard.

Titania is very sweet and light. I reminds me of a picnic in a spring garden. I can't pick out much in the way of individual notes except for peach and maybe melon of some sort- it all blends together nicely. It's a very nice scent, but a little too cheerful for my tastes.

Sweet and cloying. An amalgam of fruit and flowers, none dominant enough to be identified. Not quite to my taste, but pretty.

3 months later, it's softened and lost that plasticky bite it had. Still a bit sweeter than I really like, but I could see wearing it in very girly moods.

Edited by tereshkova2001

Wet, this is pure white grape juice with a hint of pear. Very sweet. As it dries, there is a hint of cool white floral, but it remains predominantly very sweet, slightly fizzy grape. I love BPAL peach, and was disappointed that the grape completely overpowered the peach. My perfume-hating BoyCreature loves this blend, and I think it's pretty enough, but because there are fruity-floral BPALs that I truly love (Tamora, Marquise de Merteuil) I can't see this being a big bottle (though I might spring for the occasional imp).

I was torn on trying this one. I love fruity scents, especially peach, but I can't do most florals. Still, Zombi convinced me that rose isn't necessarily evil, so I gave my imp a try.

In Bottle: I smell melon and a light rose, fairly equally. Very wet smelling, but chilly.

Wet: Hello, melon! Some floral as well, but not overpowering.

Dry: Per usual, my skin gobbles up the floral as quickly as it appears. Most a soft fruity scent. Very pretty and cheerful, but a little icy, which is quite "me" actually. :P I definitely smell some pear now, but the peach isn't as strong as Imp or Agalea.

Much, much later: This one definitely has staying power! Luckily it doesn't turn "sour" as fruity scents are apt to do (BBW Raspberry body spray makes me smell like spoiled beer after 3 hours).

Verdict: I really really like this. It's feminine, fun and not too exotic for my incredibly uptight office. I do think I would need to re-apply for best results, 'cause the floral notes, while lovely, completely dissapear on me.

ohmygood god, yum. lush and fruity, sweet, light, juicy, delicious. florals come out more on the drydown.

chilled, like cool morning dew. refreshing & sensual. absolutely divine. :P

Wet this is very sweet fruits and smells like springtime. When first on this is a bit dewy and I can also smell pears. This mainly stays the same on me- sweet pears mixed with berry notes. It's very long lasting and reminds me of Fae. I think this would be a good springtime scent. This is nice but is a bit too sweet for me.

Initially, this is all freshly cut pear and grape. :P It's a sweet, juicy grape, not dry or tart, and it adds a certain sparkle to the scent.

As it dries down, a sweet and soft floral emerges, merging perfectly with the fruit.

This is a beautiful Spring scent!

I first tried Titania during my lovely afternoon with Laurel the Woodfairy. I fell in LOVE with it then, and then tonight, when I received a belated shipment of imps from a friend in Massachusetts, I tried it again to see if it was really as delicious as I remembered it being.

In the bottle: Oh, how lovely! This really does seem to sparkle, like the glitter they sprinkled so liberally over everything in the movie. I'm smelling a balance between the fruits and florals, which is good. Sometimes fruity things can be vomit-inducing.

Wet: God, this just gets better and better. This is a cool summery fragrance that can work with my skin. The notes are all sweet and cool as though there were a basket of fruits, scattered throughout with blossoms, and then very delicately dewed and iced so that everything is crisp and fresh, but glittering with tiny little ice crystals. This is like the fruit and vegetable dinners my mom favors in the summer when it's just too hot to cook anything.

Settling: This is the BPAL equivalent of my mood niche that has traditionally been filled by fragrances like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden and Calyx by Prescriptives. The sweet, wet, GREEN fragrance, appropriate for summer, but with oomph. This is delicious. The florals are really blooming on my skin--sweet pea and moonflower, I think, are the midsummer night's king and queen in this blend. How utterly beautiful.

Drydown verdict: Heaven. Heaven in a few drops of perfume. Fruity, sweet, but cool and delicate and light--I see beautiful Titania, draped in a length of pale silvery-white silk charmeuse, naked underneath. She is slightly aloof, sprinkled with glitter, but with a warm, alluring smile. I have found my faery perfume.

Now all I have to do is justify a bottle in my next order. :P

Today is yet another rainy day, but the signs of spring are unmistakable; budding leaves and flowers on the trees and a lush greenness permeates as the earth awakens from its winter dormancy.

That said, Titania is, to me, the epitome of the wet sweetness of spring. It's a happy scent that is more fruity than flowery, and has the same budding greenness of this time of year.

It really is a lovely springtime scent.

First Impression: Fizzy fruit juice - almost feels like white grape juice mixed with club soda.

Dries down to: Fruit (primarily peach) ambrosia with soft marshmallows.

Additional Comments: I like this one - it'll be very nice for the summer, light and refreshing - like a fruit gelato with whipped cream on top. The florals are very subtle and just serve to decorate the "plate".

Lasted: Surprisingly long on me - overnight.

Rating: 4 out of 5

In the imp: Is that . . . watermelon? Honeydew? Something fruity. Hmm. On my skin, the fruitiness turns a little rancid, though. I think it's the peach note and the sweet pea, two notes that don't work on me very well.

After the initial sourness wears off, the pear and grape notes pick up. There's a sweet floral in there too -- maybe the moonflower? I'm not too great with florals, but there's something there. The overall effect is very innocent and lovely. It's definitely worth waiting through the bad phase.

In the bottle: Pretty fruity although I can't really pick out which fruits (not red ones)...and there's an underlying scent of pine?

Wet: Strong melon scent, fairly refreshing. Still some note in the background that I want to call pine but I know it's not. It kind of takes away from the spring feeling of the scent.

Dry: Pretty much the same as when it was dry. A lot of melon...and I've decided that the note int he background basically makes it smell like a Yankee candle.

Overall: Not really sure if I'll keep this or not. It's a nice spring scent, the melon smells very ripe! But I don't know if the scent is me. I also don't really want to smell like a candle. I think I'll keep the imp for now and try it again in a couple days before really deciding.

mmm... I got Titania as a frimp (it was on my wishlist, too!). Out of the scents I received, this one was my favorite!

at first, it is a little bit of the floral I can smell,but mostly peach? pear? fruity... maybe the sweet pea? This is DELICIOUS!

This scent lasted quite a while, too! the fruity candy smell was something I wanted to keep sniffing on every few minutes!

bonus points, of course, for my boyfriend liking this one, too! :P