Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Jabberwocky

An earthy yet buoyant scent: pine, eucalyptus and orange.

I think this is a refreshing summer scent. The eucalpytus and pine fade into a creamyness that has me repeatedly sniffing my wrist in confusion.

You know, this may wear well in a lotion for those days you want to feel bright, as it pops a lot more than say Kumiho.

Bella

Well, others have said it about what the notes in this are, woods and citrus, mostly pine and eucalyptus with a juicy orange that seems to come out on drydown. I got this in a swap and I figured it was not going to be a winner. BUT. . .

I used the imp to mix up some bubble bath and I have to say it is SUPER. I would not necessarily wear this as a perfume again but I would DEFINITELY put a splash in a bath while relaxing and trying to re-energize in the evening, or possibly put some in a massage oil.

I can see using it to scent a candle or anything like that, too. I really like this scent around me. I am not sure it's what I want to smell like myself, so the fact that it's not one to linger for hours is not all bad.

Jabberwocky is definitely on my list to buy a bigger bottle for projects.

In the bottle: Eucalyptus and just a smidge of pine.

Wet: More pine. Bordering on the OTT pine overload that Skadi had for me.

Drydown: Toilet bowl freshener.

Later: Yup. Eau de la loo. Bum. Oh well, the Jabberwocky always did scare me. :P

This is my first big bottle. I won't be wearing it much as a personal scent, but it is just SUCH a good feel good scent that I plan to use it to scent my world. It started as a huge breath of eucalyptus and then setttled down to creamsicles in the back yard!! It is the smell of raising small boys in a home with a big pine tree filled back yard. I love it for the rush of good feelings it brings.

Edit to add: My boys also love this scent as A "Mommy I don't feel good" scent It really does seem to help clear congestion and soothe the stomach! Most scents can make a headaces, stomachaches worse, this one is clearing and cleansing without leaving a waft of vicks vapor rub in its wake. The dry down is creamsicle with a tiny dab of real fresh pine. I hope this one is around for a LONG time.

ADDED Feb. 25:

Conclusion:

I now have a 10 ml! Try it in a room diffuser, it's all that vick wanted to be but cannot, what great stuff!

Try it WITH somunus for bedtime... YUMMY!

Edited by mmcfa2

First sniff from the bottle- Vicks Vaporub.

After 10 minutes- Vicks Vaporub.

After 30 minutes- Vicks Vaporub and Pine O Pine floor cleaner.

Summery- This would be great to rub on my chest if I were sick, other than that I don't want to smell like Vaporub and Pine floor cleaner. :P

This scent is bright and sparkly, and it always lifts me up while be somewhat grouding at the same time. I don't wear it extremely often, but I use it regularly to scent the room.

This is very refreshing. Pure eucaplyptus wet, the orange and pine start to peek through and sweeten it after it dries. Not a fruit juicy orange, more orange zest which I definitely prefer. I think this may become my oil for pulling all-nighters. It clears my head as well as my sinuses.

First Impression: Vick's VapoRub, it's the eucalyptus.

Second Impression: The eucalyptus fades into the background and the lovely pine takes center stage. The long drydown reveals very tart, juicy orange. Really refreshing and really wonderful.

Final Analysis: This was another that I didn't think I'd like, but thanks to the lab tossing it in, I found another scent that is really wonderful.

In bottle: Sharp with a dark sense of forboding. This scent puts me deep in the forest and I'm all alone, and it's dark in the shade of the trees. I have just heard the snap of a twig behind me, and I am afraid to turn and see what is there. Super-strong pine and eucalyptus.

On me: Amazing. The pine mellows considerably and the orange blossoms for something sweet and light. It fades very quickly but it is absolutely lovely. The sun came out in the forest, and when I turned around the cracking twig was just a rabbit hopping by. The difference from the bottle to the skin is amazing.

In the vial, Jabberwocky is so medicinal that it makes me gag and not want to put it on my skin at all. Eucalyptus out the freaking wazoo, man!

Once on my skin, it burns, it burns! The eucalyptus just sinks into my skin and my hand feels like it's on fire where I applied it! But I gritted my teeth and waited for about ten minutes, till that passed.

I smell eucalyptus, pine, and the vaguest breath of orange peel.

Unfortunately, while I like the end result, the burning skin turned me off.

After reading how strong Jabberwocky was on so many people I was hesitant to try this, but was surprised when it faded down quickly on me. In the bottle and wet, it's extremely strong, with that eucalyptus/Vicks smell. Within minutes it had faded to a subtle, creamy, orangepine scent. It was OK, but really didn't suit me.

Edited by bodegaselkie

I really couldn't take this one. It was overpoweringly strong and kept making me feel like I had smeared a cross between one of those agent orange cleaners (you know the ones, they have loud infomercials) and a christmas tree on my arm instead. Just not my kind of scent, and perhaps a reaction with my skin caused it to morph. I was relieved when this one faded quickly.

In bottle: I can smell each note separately and I like the combo. It reminds me of going to the Redwood Forest when I was little.

Wet: Definitely pine in there...but not overpowering. It's softened by the frankincense and orange. There's just a hint of eucalyptus in my nose.

Dry: Stupid, stupid frankincense...why do you have to ruin it all with your baby powder reaction to my body chemistry??? :P

This scent did disappear rather quickly on me.

Piney! at first. Then very pleasant: soft and sweet pine-orange. I know this is going to sound weird, but on me it had a hint of suntan lotion or some other product I recognize--perhaps that's the eucalyptus? But it's more of a coconut/vanilla I smell there. I love that scent, but it's driving me nuts that I don't know what it is. Overall, a high wakeup note with a soothing undertone.

Touch of pine but mostly eucalyptus. Not even a hint of the orange in this one. Very Vicks Vaporub to me :D Couldn't get past that to actually try it on my skin. However, my son really liked it. More "piney" on him. Definitely more of a masculine blend I think :P

Jabberwocky

In the imp: Pine and eucalyptus aplenty! This really clears the sinuses…not that they are blocked, but from first sniff, I know this would be good when I get a cold! The pine is lovely and fresh-like it's straight from a forest-and I can make out the orange.

Wet on skin: I can't really tell, as this oil evaporates incredibly quickly! But in the process, it has a strange effect-it cools the skin down!

Dry on skin: oh my…this smells exactly like those pine sweets, and Badedas bath!!! Yes, I remember eating pine flavoured sweets, they had a very refreshing piney flavour (quite nice in fact, has the same effect on your mouth as mint) and I love Badedas bath too, this reminds me of it…this is sweet, refreshing pine, like a mountain forest in winter…or even the Tulgey Wood! There's also the sweet tang of orange there, and the unmistakable sinus cleansing smell of eucalyptus.

After a while: the orange is strengthening nicely, adding a sunny, tangy feel. It's like the sunbeams peeping through the pine needles, it's sipping a freshly squeezed orange juice under a pine tree. This may be one of those blends to use when revising or for exams, as it really clears my head, may also work wonders on headaches.

Verdict: this isn't a scent I'd normally wear as everyday perfume, but as a room fragrance, nose and sinus clearer, or head clearing blend, it's fantastic-it's refreshing and medicinal in a good way. It's got a wonderful fresh feel, with a pine note that is like a real forest, with a nice fruitiness thanks to the orange. The Jabberwocky was one of my childhood poems, and this smell certainly lives up to my expectations, and makes me proud to have a verse from the poem in my sig.

In the vial: Piney! Yay!

Wet: Mmm...still piney. And sweet too. It's similar to Nocnitsa when I first apply it. This reminds me of Christmas, actually. Spicy, orangey piney goodness.

Drying/Dry: This is gorgeous, but somehow too masculine on me (which I can't quite explain, as I love pine). It also disappears on my skin in a manner of minutes, so it's not quite practical.

Go slather this on a boy! :P

When I was very little I adored the smell of Pine-Sol; to the point that I would wait to be unobserved, steal a capful, and then go furtively wash something in the house.

I also loved Vicks, which came in heavy glass pots. It was a treat to be given the empty container, and lie on the floor looking up at the light through cobalt glass, getting a little high off the residual eucalyptus.

Jabberwocky has all that, and a generous dose of orange peel. This would be suitable for the oil burner, to generate some happy childish energy.

Oh good golly, what a sinus-clearer. Medicinal tangerine is what it smells like on me. It gets nicer as the pine subsides, but it's still a very strong citrus. The pine makes it a bit of a masculine citrus, too - actually, this would be gorgeous on a guy (especially in the summer when everyone's all sweaty & earthy-smelling).

At first on me, Jabberwocky is mainly eucalyptus, with a strong blast of pine. I made my boyfriend smell it and he said, "Smells like a monster!"
That is so cute. :P
When I was very little I adored the smell of Pine-Sol; to the point that I would wait to be unobserved, steal a capful, and then go furtively wash something in the house.
Also very cute. :D

This definitely would make a nice, refreshing room scent - I'd use this in a diffuser after a big mid-summer cleaning when I wanted to really know everything was clean and fresh, and I was ready to wind down & relax.

...I just remembered what this reminds me of - it smells exactly like this bottle of essential oil that came with a CD I got of Native American themed meditation music. Kind of gimmicky, but I have really nice associations with playing the music and using the oil in rooms I stayed in when I was travelling a few years ago.

Bother. Now I want a bottle of this too. (It's going to be one big honkin' order next lunar update. Sigh.)

Bottle: all wood. Pine forests. A little Christmas tree.

Wet: the orange hits almost immediately. The slicing whine of the eucalyptus never takes the forefront, but brightens the orange even further. Orange and pine begin to settle together after a few minutes.

Drydown: fades a bit quickly on me, but is piney-wonderful when it does. The orange, too, is still fantastic, a background note of Florida summer days. This is a fantastic scent for me and definitely a keeper.

Jabberwocky smells exactly like what's in it: pine, eucalyptus, and orange, no surprises. Strong, herbal, uplifting, bright. My sinuses feel a little better after sniffing so many imps today! :P

Wow. Its a bitter scent, with the eucalyptus overpowering at first, but then the orange comes out...and it isnt a sweet orange...no, it reminds me of chewing the pith or peel...its a pungent orange, and those, mixed with the pine, make this a very strong scent. Strong, but doesnt seem to last longer than 10 minutes...

In short, its ok, but certainly not me.

it smells very potent in the bottle. hello eucalyptus!

i didn't think i'd like this on, but i do. as it dried, the eucalyptus totally went away. you know the smell you get on your hands when you cut oranges? the orange rind kind of smell? that's what this smells like on me. i like it.