Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allamanda

Delight

In ancient India it was believed that a specific combination of flower petals, when strewn across a couple’s bed, would amplify desire and sexual pleasure. This blend is a blend of the same floral essences, refined into a gloriously sinful perfume blend. Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

it s nice, lots & lots of frangipane blooms.. :P
little Indian touch, it s tropical in a city way :D

sometimes jasmine works on me, and sometimes it doesn’t. here…not so much. this sort of smells like nail polish remover on me. i can smell a little bit of the rose and the exotic frangipani, but the jasmine is by far the strongest note and unfortunately it’s gone all sour and acidic. off to swaps so it can meet someone it gets along with better.

In the imp: VERY strong, almost overwhelming florals. It's kind of bitter.

Wet: Not too much of a difference once out of the imp and on my skin.

Dry: It's not as strong, but I'm not satisfied. I can't detect the rose at all - the other scents dominate.

I don't hate this scent, but I'm not in love with it either. This fragrance would make a lovely soap, or a nice air freshener, but I'm not particularly fond of it on my skin. I'll probably swap this one away.

I like florals, and I usually like anything with rose... but there's something intensely sweet in this (I'm not sure what, but I'm inclined to blame the frangipani (since I don't know what that smells like) but jasmine does any number of awful things on my skin, so that could be the problem as well. This reminds me of bathroom air freshener. I'm got many BPAL florals that are far nicer on me.

Rose and jasmine both hate me. My chemistry amps both of them and neither one smell good on me unfortunately. In this scent though, I would have thought the rose would be the strongest, but it turns out it's the jasmine. And for having notes in it that I normally consider rather "heavy", it's a really light scent on me. It is vaguely sweet.

This is the easiest review I've ever written: Delight is pure rose on me, start to finish. [sigh]

Delight is delightful, but somewhat familiar, and, I hate to say it, a bit boring (sorry!). I kept thinking of one of the white floral Calvin Klein perfumes (but more sweet). Maybe Eternity?

I get sweet, well-behaved jasmine as the strongest note (I prefer my jasmine poorly behaved and stinky :P)

...then something even sweeter (the frangipani? Not very familiar with that one)

...and then perfume-y rose.

For me, this is very similar in all stages...imp, wet, drydown. It does become a bit less sweet and a bit more powdery as it dries.

It is very strong -- my husband could smell it across the room. He thought it smelled like vanilla...I didn't get this at all, but there was a distinctive sweetness to it I don't think was from the jasmine.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Delight, but also nothing to make me very excited.

(This process of testing imps is so interesting. I used to think I was more of a floral & green girl, but the more BPAL oils I try, the more I pass the florals over for the darker, incense-y scents. Even more surprisingly, I'm loving the sweeter floral/fruit/honey-creamy blends in the Mad Tea Party grouping...)

Jasmine and rose.... DEATH! Aiiiieee.

If neither of these attempt to clobber you to death, I'd say give this a whirl. And let me know how it works out for you.

Rose and something else--a very sweet floral. The jasmine's very well-behaved here. There's not much here that differs from other rose/jasmine blends but it's pretty enough, and not going powdery or sour.

wet: strong sour florals.

dry:light powdery sour florals.

i think it's the rose/tuberose/jasmine combo that is creating the sour floral smell.

his will have to be passed on.

In the imp, sweet and bubbly.

Wet on the skin - I was guessing blindly at what was in this and I thought, not rose, but rose powder maybe? Orchid? Plumeria? champagne? Then, I read the description and I was floored. I historically do so horribly with florals that I can't believe that this is working so well with me.

Drydown: I swear there's gotta be some sort of fruit and champagne in it! It's just so bubble and not florally. Yeah, I can detect the florals, but the blend is so well done that it somehow is a way of wearing florals for people who historically don't like them.

Note - This scent reminds me of a richer "glitter" without the bubblegum-like sweetness

Note - I really can't stop sniffing my arm; this scent is great.

Note - Delight in a bottle for reals!

Big bottle here we come!

This is a really heavy and thick floral compared to, say, Psyche. It had good throw and lasting power, but alas, the scent is just too floral and heady for me.

The Jasmine in this is very prominent, I'm not a hater of Jasmine, but I ain't a lover either... I can smell the tuberose too..it's that kind of powdery innocent smelling rose.

I'm not really sure what Frangipani smells like to be honest...but..if it's gonna add another floral element to this then, I don't really need it.

I don't think I'd ever wear this outside. It's just one of those florals that I dread smelling. I think the Jasmine may be ruining this for me a little bit.

:P

Edited by ouch!

I think it's the jasmine that's ruining this one for me... it's so strong, it's almost making me nauseated. I'd love to try and wait it out, to see if it changes, but I think I need to wash it off :P

In the bottle – Jasmine, jasmine and yet more jasmine

Wet on me – Jasmine is still the only note that I can smell. It’s less astringent than it was in the bottle, but it’s still jasmine

Dry on me – A faint, powdery floral

Overall – Jasmine and I really do not get on so this blend is not for me

Imp: Jasmine! With the tuberose!

Wet on Me: More jasime but balanced with the tuberose

Drying Down: rose…regular rose is coming out and stepping on everything.

Dry: Sad. Stale. Once the rose started stepping on

everything it all went south for me. Off to the trade pile

Starts with mass quantities of lilac. It's starting to separate into the individual notes, which is nice. A little bit of a salty overtone — not so good. That moves in and out, hopefully mostly out. The florals are well-matched, with no single one dominating.

In the imp: Okay, this is weird, but my very first impression of this one is

flowers and cunt

. It's, um... interesting.

On, wet: The background of this is exactly like plumeria scents that I've smelled before, but the foreground is something sharp and unpleasant to my nose. It's unexpectedly tangy.

On, dry: Yep, sharp, unpleasant, dirty. I stand by my first impression.

Jasmine and tuberose mainly to me, with some frangipani in the background. Not much rose at first sniff in the imp. Wet it's pretty much masses of jasmine. Uh oh... here comes the rose. Get's sour and dry and blach :sick:

This blend doesn't really change much from wet to dry. I find it is a cloying, creamy, sweet heady floral, most likely of the jasmine type. *shudders*. I have yet to find a bpal jasmine that works on me. Off to swaps.

imp sniff: of course this splatters all over me as I open it! >_< The tuberose, in the imp, brightens this out nicely.

Splattered on skin, nothing unexpected from ROSE/JASMINE tag team of frumpiness. Swap awaaay.

in the bottle - strong, sweet, cloying, complex floral.

first sniff after applying to wrist - jasmine and maybe a touch of incense. i smell another floral but it doesn't smell like rose. i can't place what it is.

after 30 minutes - it reminds me of taking walks with my mom as a child on hot, muggy summer nights. we would always stop to smell the mimosa blooms and tickle our faces with them. maybe frangipani smells like mimosa?

very nice. takes me back to a sweet spot in my childhood. great summer fragrance.

I love frangipani, so I couldn't wait to try this one.

At first this smelled very green and astringent, with the faintest hint of fresh, young rose. After a little while I picked up a faint trace of powdery franipani, and the tuberose was very nice. Both of these were overwhelmed by the rose, however. Overall nothing in this scent works with me. I never really picked up any particular scent in this, it just turned into a jumbled mess of way too strong floral. I never smelled anything even remotely jasmine in this, and the rose overpowered any frangipani I get.