Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Enraged Bunny Musk

Extracted directly from the twitching nether-regions of the wild Eastertime bunny rabbit: a snarling, slavering, buck-toothed, fluffy, floppy-eared, horny-as-hell Springtime beast. Soft cotton blossom, white musk, baby's breath, clover and pale powder notes.

In the bottle:
Sweet powder

On me:
This goes on just like a sweet powder - powdery notes with the white musk I'm assuming, since white musk always smells slightly sweet to me. There is something sharper and green in the background, and I'm guessing that's the clover. This is a very clean scent - not quite soapy though there is a touch of soapiness in the background, mostly powdery.

Final note:
A very simple scent, pretty much sweet powder straight up.

enraged bunny musk-

In the imp it smelled sweet yet strong, very perfumy-kind of old fashioned. I could imagine a grande dame wearing this. On me, it's very very strong, so not an everyday scent; there is musky spice, and I wanted it to be a scent I could wear, but on me after about half an hour it morphs into] what I imagine is the interior of a handbag (a very elegant one) that's been in storage for a while worn by a much dressier elegant woman than I can seem to be. q

:P

I really wanted you to be a keeper, but I feel like I'm enveloped by something screaming at me "MUSK MUSK MUSK PERFUME "at the top of its little imps lungs.Oh well, there are so many more to try :D

Oh, this is just like a white bunny rabbit's fluffy little tail. It's light and airy, fluffy and soft, and little powdery. This is very pretty and light and a little perfumey.

In the vial, this is a light, semi-sweet cool floral and musk scent. There is something tangy and piercing about this blend on my skin, but the base note has become a warm, light musky scent behind the tang. After a while on my skin, I can smell a beautiful cloud of powdery sweet musk around me. Sniffing my wrist, the piercing note has practically vanished, leaving the soothing, sweet muskiness on my skin; it’s quite pretty.

i think the bunnies in question must be Peeps... there's no other reason this would be so sweet and innocent-smelling.

i really like this blend and am glad i have a bottle of it. much lighter than the EOM or most other musk-type blends, except maybe Dorian

in fact, it sortof reminds me of something that'd fit in with Dorian, The Unicorn, Leanan Sidhe or even Shub. work-friendly or gift-friendly.

ADDED 12/2/07:

how have i not reviewed this? i wear this frequently as a comfy-i'm-home type of scent, and for times when i'm feeling fluffy and don't want the mental complication of many BPAL scents.

sniffed from the wandcap: smells almost like a scented laundry detergent, but in the good way.

on skin: there's a sweetness like granulated sugar - not like frosting or brown sugar - but also a clean and innocent sort of smell. the Philosophy "Inner Grace" reminds me a bit of this, i think that's why i like that scent.

i've worn it and layered it well with B&BW "cotton blossom" but it doesn't smell exactly like it by any means. i've also worn it with the Body Shop's White Musk, and it goes nicely with that. i hate the smell of baby powder and i've never gotten anything remotely like that kind of powder.

sometimes it almost makes my nether-regions twitch, but only almost. :P

i bought several bottles, but i don't think i'll ever have enough.

Oh my. I wasn't expecting to like this but, WOW, it's wonderful. Very soft and pleasant. Not too strong but just enough to were you can tell you are wearing something :P A nice, powdery, clean, feminine scent

This is the first BPAL I bought (from another addict) simply because I liked the name.

In the bottle: clean laundry. It reminds me of a muskier version of Demeter's 'Laundromat'.

Initial application: same as above. The musk gets a bit stronger, but quickly dwindles back to merely enhancing the freshly washed clothes scent.

Drydown: this is a clean, feminine but not girly scent that makes me think of crisp white cotton sheets. Very office-appropriate, this isn't a "hey, check me out!" scent, but more subtle and laidback. :P

I, too, bought this one, simply because of the name. However, it ended up being a very happy, happy ending.

When I was a little girl during the summer I would stay with my grandmother. When I would get out of the bath, and my grams would pat me down with all types of good-smelling things.

Oddly enough this smells like those things. Very powdery and pleasant. It's a touch strong at first, but it fades down quickly.

This is definitely a keeper.

Old fashioned scented pressed powders, fresh Spring flowers, with a basket of sweet, fluffy spicy marshmellows. This is really crazy! I love it!

Edited by lookingglass

at first: this is white and powdery. actually, it's even beyond white and powdery. crazy.

on: i just spilled a whole bunch of this on my arm and...woah. that's some strong stuff.

2.5 hours later: this is very soapy and white.

4 hours later: this is just overwhelming.

overall: this oil is far too clean-smelling and...i don't know...white on me.

Mama like! The cotton, clover, musk, and powder all come through. This is grown-up, and yet girly at the same time. It sort of reminds me of a more mature version of Love's Baby Soft.

Score: 5 out of 5

Enraged Bunny Musk-

In Bottle: Oh, very pretty and lightly floral. Very clean-smelling. A bit powdery and citrusy.

Wet: The citrus comes out a bit more. Kind of orange-cherry. Very nice!

Dry: I like the orange-cherry-ness of this. There's something powdery-weedy on the edge of it that nearly comes close to provoking sneezes for me, but it doesn't. Interesting, pretty scent.

Overall: I like quite a bit.

I loves me the white musk, so I'm hoping this'll be neither too sweet nor floral. Not that I can see either baby's breath or cotton blossom being the most heady of florals... Still, let's see what the bunny does on me.

In the vial - Dear gods, I love that clover note! It's so fresh and almost lemon like! This could be so a new favorite.

Wet - The clover really DOES smell like lemon, only much paler.

Drying - This is so subtle. The clover is backing off to let some of the floral and the sweetness through and the musk is so... I wish I knew how to explain it. It's there, but it's almost a translucent scent. You can sense it, but not smell it, if that makes any sense.

Dry (1 hour) - This powdered out quite a bit and the clover is just the barest hint. It's certainly not a strong scent, but it does have a nice, easy throw. This reminds me of Antique Lace. Closer to the skin, the musk is really warm and sexy.

Overall - I do like this, but it's so light that I'm not sure I could wear it with slathering it on every few minutes. I adore the wet stage, so perhaps this would work well in a locket for it. It's not terribly sweet, which is a good thing, and just is a lovely floating scent.

I loved the smell from the bottle, and on my skin, but after a few hours, it just smelt like baby powder and dryer sheets, to the point where ALL of my guy friends thought I had fallen into a vat of powder.

Lovely, but alas, not on me. :P

So, how is it that I've not reviewed this one? Anyway, this is a very fresh, light green sort of scent, perfectly reminscent of new spring growth. Not an everyday scent, to be sure, but definitely something fun to have around.

When I first smelled this, I did not really like it. But I put it on, and then later went about my day, kind of forgetting I was testing a scent. Later on, I caught a wiff and was like "OH WOW WHAT IS THAT!" then I remembered what I had *lightly* applied to my wrists a few HOURS earlier.

This scent is a little bit soaplike and cloying at first, but as soon as it dries it really is lovely. It's a soft, warm, sexy, fresh fragrance. It's a bit more perfumey than I am used to BPAL scents being, but that's alright. It also is the longest lasting bpal I've ever tried -this stuff lasts 8+ hours on my skin. Whoa!

Sweet, powdery floral from start to finish. I'd call it light, but that clover's pretty strong and almost sharp, acts as a sort of focal point.

Verdict: A very pleasant, springtime, feminine scent - and thus not for me.

Wet: Mmm, musky and kind of powdery. I like it already.

First on: *_* So good and light. I don't exactly know what cotton blossom smells like, but I'm getting the baby's breath with musk and powder. Smells great.

Dry: Despite the name this is a pretty mellow scent. I love it. Why oh why did I only get a partial imp...

First sniff: Oh, this is just funny. It’s lemon, and linens, and powderfluff, and completely innocuous. One might think this just an ordinary rrrabbit and overlook the big nasty pointy teeth.

Wearing: And there it is… glorious shimmering white musk that turns this into SO much more than a powdery lemon scent. I’ve gone from laughing to swooning – this is gorgeous.

Enraged Bunny Musk is powdery, sweet, and soft musk. The bunny on the label might look grumpy but this scent is all gentleness and fluff, like a sweet white baby bunny. Enraged Bunbun is a lovely springtime scent and I am happy I found a bottle! :P

This turned out to be nothing like I thought it would be, but I've worn it every day for the past week'ish, so it's all good!

The citrus smell (clover?!) is overwhelming the first minute or so when I put this on, but it quickly fades and the white musk comes out. It's faintly sweet on me, and it lasts for a couple of hours or three.

I definitely love this, even though I don't get a spring feeling from it like I thought I would - this scent seem to be an all year round'er and I'm very happy I bought it unsniffed!

As I'm doing a bottle clearance, I realize that I haven't even reviewed some of these scents, and someday I'm going to wonder why I didn't keep them! This may be one I regret getting rid of. My notes on it are fairly positive: It is light and creamy with a hint of lemony sweetness, not tartness. The white musk doesn't dominate until much later hours. It's powdery and there's a slight spiciness to it as well. Huh. Very pretty. ETA: I just did a little test swipe, and there's something about it that reminds me of an element of Et Lux Fuit!

Edited by cordia

Bottle: Hmmmm very sweet and clean, definitely get the cotton blossom.

Wet: Bit of lemon, and floral. Clean linen. It smells a lot like a dryer sheet. Actually any sort of cleaning product that says it's "spring" scented. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! It's a very fresh, clean smell.

Dry: It gets very powdery as it drys. Kind of like I rubbed a Snuggles fabric sheet on my hand. :-p It's a nice smell, but there's nothing particularly distinct or interesting about it.

I misgave the lemon notes some people were getting, but on me...naah, it's a nifty little critter.

In the decant, I was getting something reminiscent of candy easter eggs??? and cotton.

Wet, there is that cottony smell first, then a lovely clover scent comes out. It took me back to the old Sweet Earth Clover perfume, which was my favorite in college.

Drying down, there was some note that was more like the powdery lemon note in Morella that came out, but it quickly went super-subtle, and blended nicely with the musk. When it first dries, there is a powdery lemonish cotton-candy undertone, but when it's dry, it's just sweet musk with a hinting of lemon and clover. The cotton note drops out as it dries, but that's okay. It wasn't really dominant to begin with.

It's definitely a Fuzzy Bunny scent. :P

I was pleasantly surprised when I smelled this on my wrist. It smelled like light spicy musk. That must be the white musk. I don't think that I have anything with that in it. The citrusy note came out after I had been wearing it for awhile, but it was very subtle. I don't smell floral per se, but I do detect a clean scent that is spicy and pleasing. This has lasted several hours on me with no sign of letting up yet. This would be nice in my scent locket in addition to wearing it. :P