Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Enraged Orangutan Musk

Five dark, aggressive, furious musks with ambergris bouquet, Malaysian rainforest plant extracts, black amber and orange peel.

This is very sweet musk, almost caramely on me...I get a whiff of the orange, and it is not foody per se, in that it smells like cake or something, but it is a very sweet creamy blend on my skin. I like it, but it is not quite what I was expecting...

That's some musky monkey musk! I don't get the orange peel at all but the musks, amber and ambergris are all there. The florals are very light and refreshing and keep the musks from being too in your face. Enraged Orangutan Musk is so amazing! So glad I tracked down a bottle of this. I am in love!

Enraged Orangutan Musk is highly musky and feral on my skin, which is not something I would normally like, but I find it oddly appealing. The musk is the very first note I smell and it has a very subtle tinge of orange zest to it, but upon dry-down, a soft dirt scent begins to show itself, and maybe even... banana leaf? Could it be? This dirt/banana leaf scent remains the dominant note for about 60-90 minutes, resting on a bed of soft musk. At about the 60-90 minute point, the dirt/banana leaf scent fades and is replaced by a warm, creamy ribbon of vanilla flowing through the orangey-musk. This is a really fabulous scent. I will be using this as an every day/every situation scent -- similar to the way I use Smut. EOM is soft and subtle, but very distinctive. The throw is minimal, but the lasting power (especially for a musk on my skin) is truly phenomenal.

:P This is one funky monkey! A truly fun scent. The orange adds a real twist on the musks. This scent is just plain fun to wear.

In the vial, Musk, floral, spice

On me: One of the best musk scents I've ever tried. I detect florals and gorgeous amber when I apply it, as well as a hint of orange. This blend is absolutely gorgeous.

Verdict: Got a bottle. I love this!

Rating: 5/5

this smells like ambery musk on me- the musk is a bit strong at first, but once it calms down it melds with my skin and smells warm and golden and beautiful. definitely a keeper.

i'm really glad i went nuts and bought 4 bottles of eom. because, seriously, if i could bathe in this stuff?

yeah.

can't tell what's in it besides musk. it's just sweet, with a hint of cool forest, and um, i love it.

oro

Loving Smut the way I do, I thought for sure I'd love this. I didn't, however. It was too strong and aggressive for me; I felt overwhelmed by it, and even after a half hour, it was too much.

I know there are other who will enjoy my bottle.

Deep, strong, sexy musk. Like man musk... :P Drying out, the jungle notes brighten the feral scent a bit, a bit of an orange glowing green scent. I am wearing ambergris and loving it! Dried out, this reminds me of Chanel #5. Really. It has that old time perfumey feel, but also smells great on DH.

First Impression: Light Musk.

Dries down to: A complex, yet soft, musky glow.

Additional Comments: I think the amber and orange peel do a lot to make this tolerable to me. I'm not usually a big fan of musk, but in the right blend - which this one definitely is - it can be indispensable.

Lasted: Several Hours.

Rating: 3 out of 5

I am a fan of musk so the description really drew me in. The orange peel combined with the other notes, especially the amber reminds me a bit of orange blossom. It isn't overly floral, but adds brightness to this blend. The whole thing is very subdued and well blended. It doesn't change much during the wearing, but just gets deeper and richer. I don't get much throw from this, but it does last for hours and stays close to the skin. The mad monkey must be napping because the longer this is on, the more mellow it gets. I'm glad that I was able to locate a bottle of this.

This is kinda sour on me. Maybe it's the civet. In addition to the musks, I smell a rotten orange. Man, this really hates my skin chemistry. Off to the swaps with it.

I bought this so I could anoint a professor's monkey god shrine with it... uh, and it's not as wierd as it sounds. But I still haven't done it. This scent sort of got lost in the shuffle of madness that was my life for most of Spring.

Something about it is reminding me a little bit of Shub, without the sweetness. I only did a little patch test, because musks react badly on my skin, sometimes, but this is very woodsy and well behaved. There's also a hint of spice, which I love. I think I may need to get bold and wear it out, though I may wait for late fall. It's that kind of scent. I don't get civet, so it must be behaving as well. I like this one, but I don't love it. I will be keeping it for the name, the novelty, and the shrine.

This is a rounded deep musky scent – with a hint of oranges blended into it – from the vial. On my skin this is still a rounded, deep musk that reminds me of another BPAL (perhaps Al-Shairan when I first put it on? It smells nothing like Smut to me!); the musk is sweetened just a little with the plants and orange peel, making it quite nice if deep. After a couple of hours this is still a deep musky fragrance though it has lightened up, and my skin has caused it to sweeten up just a touch more – probably the orange peel – to give it a lift as it fades, though it is still quite a prevalent fragrance.

the Frat i hang out at GA Tech has... well. its a long story, but the end of it is that there's a framed picture of an Orangutan... a monkey, really, whose name is goD.

i cleaned it and oiled the wooden frame with a bit of this oil so there's a yummy waft of scent on one side of the room for no apparent reason. hee! [=

anyway, i'd had an imp/decant of this for awhile and finally got around to trying it... and OMG wow, yum.

this isn't as animalic as it might seem... yes, it is very thick, rich and musky but isn't overwhelming or "stanky" at all.

there is an eensy bit of orange (get it?) in there somewhere, but it drifts away and then comes back....

i'm not sure what the 'Malaysian rainforest plant extracts" would be, but whatever it is, it makes me think of figs.

and the only amber i get is a very dark, non-powderrific rich sortof scent.

overall, i really like this. [=

I definitely smell the orange. Which was lovely until it hit my skin and then it turned sour. It's not terrible but doesn't work well with my body chemistry.

First sniff: I was somehow expecting this scent to be darker. It’s quite musky, and one of those musks is doing the funky animal thing, but there’s a lightness to it. Citrus, maybe?

Wearing: It’s surprisingly subtle! I just put a dab on my wrists because I was a little afraid of the funk, but what’s happening is nice, if a bit less warm than I generally expect from a musky scent.

In the imp, EOM is musk with a lot of spicy tropical scents; it's really not the incredibly animalistic musk that I expected, it smells clean and tropical. On the body, the musk is relatively light, with citrus and spicy tropical plant notes predominating on the initial dry down. After a half hour or so, the musk is completely taken over by some very spicy, tropical notes and a touch of banana. To me, EOM smells like a very manly pirate who has been hiding out on a tropical island! Rather than the "ooo-ooo-ooo" orangutan ape sound, EOM makes me want to walk around with a glass of rum, mumbling "arrggghh!" a passersby!

:P

I was always worried about the "five furious musks" in EOM, but had to buy it just for the novelty of it being the first forum exclusive I'd been around for (Formula 54, hello!). But I thought that maybe with the rainforest and orange that I could pull it off. I tend to be 'musky' myself, so why not add a little more? Besides, red musk (at least the kind in Corazon and Kabuki) loves me, so hopefully the darker kind will too!

Well, I just received my bottle (mailed courtsey of interception of my lovely Mom!) and... ugh. I highly doubt I'll be reaching for this EVER. It smells like stale perfumey old ladies and, really, bandaids!! :D oh no! Is this the furious monkey musks? The ambergris? Not sure, but if somebody has any insight into what is smelling this awful on me I'd appreciate being told since I'd like to avoid it in the future. Aww, damn. that was a long way for a mad monkey to travel to create such a smell. Oh well. Maybe when I'm in mailing distance again I can swap it to a better home. for now, it's back in the bubble wrap and hiding in the deep dark depths of my suitcase.

In the imp this smells incredibly waxy and plant-like, as all that comes to me is the rain forest plants, which made me incredibly doubtful of this entire test. It started out as a strong, but thick musk which vanished immediately into a soap scent minutes later. Having written this one off at waxy and soapy, I left it alone for a good thirty minutes. But then I was knocked off by a big surprising. I sniffed it curiously and suddenly there was neither.

Sniff. The scent had become an orange-flavored musk. Another hour. Sniff. The scent became the ambergris, amber and musk collection. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. Attempt to breathe in wrist skin without needing to breathe. Oooh, luscious gift, you will be kept. I got this as a gift sniffer but I'll be adding this one to my wish list.

A lighter musk than I expected from the description. Strong and heavy at first in dry-down, and I smelled a hint of orange in that stage only. Dried to a straightforward, elegant musk with a hint of sweetness.

There must be a drop of civet in here, it comes to the fore right when applied to my skin. Initially this is very musky :P, then as it dries the civet fades away and the ambergris, orange, amber, and some florals come out. It's very light when fully dry and less musky than floral/citrus on me. Nice blend and I will hang on to the imp, but it didn't end up as musky as I had hoped.

This is interesting. Smells what I imagine a tropical rain forest would smell like. I'm not getting the orange, thank goodness. Bit of amber. This smells more "perfumey" than a lot of the BPAL scents. Clean smelling, though. I like EB Musk better, though.

Score: 3 out of 5