Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The sticky sweet scent of candy corn!

Wet: Caramel tinged sugar syrup.

Dry: Like they took the syrup leftover from making Sugar Skull, and boiled it way down til caramelized. There is smokiness, and it's more adult and less outright SUGAR!!! than I thought. It's quite nice!

100% brown sugar to me. I wanted to drink the bottle.

After a while it toned down and I kept thinking who is baking cookies? Oh, it's me.

Several hours later....a very faint scent of black licorice. Seriously.

I kinda like it.

I love Candy Corn.

In t he bottle it smelled like buttered rum to me and all my friends.

Wet: syrup sweet

Dry still over poweringly sweet.

Sadly this one needs to find a new home where it will be loved. :P

first whiff from bottle....wicked buttery corn....silly indeed :P

ok...when i just dab it from the cap on my wrist this morphs into a gigantic

scent of cinnamon and hazelnut....this is every bit as strong (if not

stronger) than gluttony so gluttony fans will love this .....woot,woot!!

ok, this is really an amazing and completely different scent than

anything i have really ever experienced from the lab.......

i think i am in love and feel so fortunate that i was able to "know" i

needed a bottle of this......niiiiiiiiice..... :D

Trick or Treat smells like a mixture of other BPAL scents to me, all in different stages.

In the bottle: smells sweet and buttery. I don't know what Candy Corn smells like, but I don't know if this is something for me. I love sweetness, but no butter please!

Wet: Hey, this smells like Sugar Cookie! I smell cinnamon and sugar! I'm glad the butteryness (is that a word?) is gone now. Sugar Cookie had more spices in it, this is a more light version of it, but it eminds me a lot of it.

Dry: Sugar Cookie is gone now, and Sugar Skull has teken her place. Although I can't wear Sugar Skull, this is rather nice. It doesn't smell like burned sugar like Sugar Skull does, and it's a more friendly and more light scent. This could be a wearable Sugar Skull.

Overall: Very intrigued by the different stages. It really changes throughout the day. It smells foody at first (Sugar Cookie-ish), and then changes into something more mysterious (Sugar Skull-ish).

In the vial, its all carmel and it makes me hungry.

On my skin, it turns into cinnamony cookies.

I was hoping the carmel would stay when it dried. but it didn't

I didn't order a bottle of this initially, because I was afraid of being overwhelmed by sugar. But I got an imp from a lovely forumite, and I fell in love with it. I promptly ordered a bottle and am eagerly awaiting it. :P

It's definitely sweet, and it smells just like candy corn to me - but it's surprisingly light and non-sickening despite the candy smell. It's warm and soft and sweet, and it goes really well with Three Witches (I get no spice from Trick or Treat alone, but with Three Witches it's extra spicy and delicious). I'm so glad I tried this one, and so pleased that it worked out for me!

In the bottle: butterscotchy with a teeny bit of corn.

On skin: it became cinnamony with a wicked almost perfumey bite...the same fake-cinnamon/perfume scent you find on pinecones at craft stores around the holidays. Nauseating and headache-inducing.

After a while: slightly plasticy but still that same fake cinnamon smell.

I think this one has got to go...

I actually really like Trick or Treat. I feel that it's pretty unique for a sweet foody scent....i definately get loads of syrupy brown sugar...very warm and yummy...I would have to say after plenty of reflection, it smells like banana foster...you know that baked banana with the brown sugar melted all over it...maybe a touch o liquor or rum....YUM.

I definitely get a rum note in this one, but it quickly gets overwhelmed by butterscotch/caramel. Initially it's a bit much for me being that foody scents and I tend not to get along, but after about an hour the hyperbutteryness (can you tell I made that word up?) calms down and it becomes a nice, subtle sweetness. This stage seems to have a pretty long life, at least five or six hours.

I have a bottle of this, and I don't see myself using the whole thing but I would keep it just to have at least one foody scent, and because the artwork is so nice.

Edit - well, I've really been noticing a prominent nutty beginning to this one, which just isn't working for me. So once again I'm on a foody that works for me quest.

Edited by BelladonnaBarbie

I don't really get the corn smell that other folks have mentioned, but it does sort of remind me of that smell you get when you put fresh sweet butter on corn on the cob. it doesn't smell like that, exactly, but it does remind me a bit.

Mostly though, this smells like caramel buttercream. Like, if you could somehow make cream out of caramel, through some weird alchemical process. It's yummy and sweet, light enough not to be obnoxious and has terrific staying power.

at first: wow! sweet and buttery. candy corn to the max.

on: not as "cold" as it was in the vial. more foody.

1 hour later: sweet and foody! i actually like this.

2 hours later: sweet and lovely.

overall: i was worried about this, but it's really nice. not too overpowering. i only have half of an imp, but i think that will be enough for me.

In the imp: Super-icky-sweet butter and sugar mixture. Kinda gross, actually.

On me: The same, but more like Karo syrup poured on my hand while baking. Does soften down a bit after a while, but still not so lovely.

Overall: Too much like gluttony for me to like. While it did soften up, I still found it disgusting to wear. Not for me one bit.

omg could this be any sweeter????? It's exactly like candy corn (and they are far too sweet for me too!! I thought I could eat a whole bag in one sitting once...pah!). This smells on me exactly how it smells in the imp I got - it doesn't morph at all but its just way too sickly sweet for me to wear - I'm not sure what to do with this one as I like it but I can't think of when I'd wear it or want it wafting around the room!

Firstly, I've never met a candy corn and have no idea what they smell like, although if they smell like this I want some :P .

In the bottle - My first thought is that I've picked up my Sugar Skull (2004) instead, to me they smell exactly alike and as far as I'm concerned this is definitely a good thing.

Wet on me - That same sugary goodness, but with spice, a little ginger perhaps?

Dry on me - The comparisons with Sugar Skull are there again, that sweetness, that molten toffee wickedness, but there are differences. On me Sugar Skull was a brooding teenager, whereas this is her happy-go-lucky younger sister, who dances around without a care in the world.

In bottle: Rich brown sugar; rather buttery. It doesn't really smell like the candy to me - more like a buttery pie crust.

On me: It is creamier on the skin and definitely smells closer to the candy. Overall it is still quite buttery, definitely reminding me of a cookie or some other baked good rich in sugar. I love it far more than, for example, Sugar Cookie.

A rich and foody blend.

It does smell like corn in the bottle. But on me, it's maple syrup. Maple syrup and brown sugar. That's almost entirely what I get from this. I smell like a pile of really syrupy pancakes or waffles. I'll try it again just to be sure, but I don't think this one's going to be staying with me long. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this. It's just too painfully sticky sickly sweet for me.

Preconceived notions:

I got this mainly out of curiosity since I don't want to smell like candy corn, so I'm not sure how well this is going to work out, but I had to try it.

First sniff:

That's...weird. It really does have a sort of creamed corn smell in the bottle...with a hint of caramel. :P

Wet on skin:

Oh, wow, it smells like melted brown sugar and butter! It reminds me more of caramel popcorn than candy corn for some reason, but it's definitely an edible scent, very foody (and not me).

Dry down:

A bit more like candy corn, but more like caramel. This would be perfect for an autumn room scent, but not for my house.

The bottom line:

Not meant for me, but I didn't expect it to be. Still quite nice and autumnal, though. :D

A very nice, warm, home-y, foodie scent.

Yum.

In the bottle I get buttery, maple goodness. Sticky-sweet (in the absolute best way) is an excellent description.

Wet ~ Buttery toffee candy.

On the dry down ~ candy corn with a hint of smoke.

A keeper, for sure!

I love this Fall fragrance, very much.

:P

The gas station near my work had the most amazing pumpkin cappucino this fall.

I never drank it, as sweet + creamy= heave to my taste buds, but the smell was amazing.

Maple-y, sugary, pumpkiny, candy-y...

Trick or Treat captures it perfectly. I found it too much to wear, but burned through a bottle (quite literally) as a home fragrance.

First Impression: Burnt sugar.

Dries down to: The burnt smell subsides fairly quickly but I'm not sure that what remains is candy - it's more "nutty" - and, it's just not working for me.

Additional Comments: I've come to the realization that the Lab's "sweet" scents are really hit or miss on me. They're either fabulous or horrible. This one, unfortunately, falls into the "horrible" group. I'll have to try it as a room scent.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 2 out of 5

Frimp luv'n! :D

In the bottle: sweet, buttery candy corn! :P

Wet: sweet, buttery candy corn.

Dry down: warm candy corn with a smokey edge to it. Smell cinnamon too?

30 minutes: I do believe in cinnamon, I do, I do! Ok cinnamon, but not the fake craft store cinnamon. The cinnamon and the "buttercream," take turns at who is on top :D , but neither dominates. Instead they compliment each other. This is lovely! This isn't sickenly sweet with my chemistry either. I thought I would have to avoid foody scents, but most of the BPAL foodies are working on me.

Conclusion: I love this! It is light, bubbly, and fun. I haven't smelled Sugar Skull, much to my dismay. But I can see this as being the younger fun sister. I am getting a bottle from a lovely fellow BPALer. :D

Rating 1-5 on myskin, 5.

Edited by atropos

This doesn't smell like candy corn at all on me. Something creamy and sweet, but way more cinnamon-y than actual candy corn. It's nice and does remind me of Halloween/fall/holidays, but I wanted candy corn! On my sisters it is something pale and creamy and barely there. I'll try it as a room scent.

I didn't get this at Samhain. I knew it wouldn't work on me...

Ha, was I ever wrong. This is gorgeous. Buttery, creamy, and sweet. It is like Devil's Night without the musk and booze. A slight hint of something spicy, and a sweetness that makes my teeth ache just like candy corn does.

Yummy, so off I went to get a back up bottle ordered!