Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The sticky sweet scent of candy corn! Even cornier for 2009! - cuz corny is how we roll at BPAL!

Out of the bottle this totally hit me as a fall scent. I try to decipher what I'm smelling before rereading the descriptions so I am more true to my nose. I really smelled spiciness and almost an apple note.

Wet this was pure candy corn but with a little spice to it still. Almost like cinnamon or cloves mixed with the buttery sweetness of candy corn.

Dry down and finish this is still pretty buttery and sweet. Defintely reminds me of candy corn, like the smell that hits you when you open the bag.It's absolutely delicious and I need a big bottle of this!!

What can I say? The description is spot on. It smells exactly like candy corn! Doesn't morph on me in the least. I've gotten a few compliments with this one!!

I've loved this scent for years now- it's not an overwhelming candy corn scent, but more of a soft sweet slightly buttery scent. Delicious and just a little bit of spice. LOVE this one!

This is for the 2009 version: candy corn, sweet, with a light spice and caramel tinge, but not enough to worry those who don't care for caramel. It doesn't morph, it's light enough to wear to work, and it's a fun Halloween scent. I really like this!

The bottle I've had since 2009 has aged to a very heady and rich buttery caramel - no more candy corn, this has grown up into an adult's dessert.

2009 bottle.

Holy moly, I LOVE you, you delicious, delicious thing.

This has aged beautifully. It's pure autumnal/Halloween. A rich, caramelly, slightly spicy, candy corn.

Yummmmmm.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

I'm not sure which year I'm reviewing.

In the decant: Very sweet! That is definitely candy corn, but there's also a butter-y and caramel-like vibe to this.

Wet: There is a bit of a butterscotch-like quality to this... not quite butterscotch, but almost. It goes away rather quickly, and I'm left with a sugar note.

Dry: A buttery, burnt-sugar note remains.

Verdict: This is waaaaay too sickly-sweet for me.

The decant I just received is the 2009 version.

First impression is sweet, sweet candy corn that has been left out in a dish for a few weeks. It's sugary, and buttery, but also a little stale. I'm guessing that part of the scent is just coming from the fact that the oil has aged a few years.

Dry down is quick, and leaves a slightly smoky, sweet caramel scent. I like it, but I think I'll be satisfied with just an imp. Not one I can see myself wearing on the reg.

2009 version....

Whoa....sticky sweet is right. Sniffing in the bottle, I get pure sugar, coma inducing, sweetness. Like melted down candy corn with some extra sugar thrown in for good measure.

On Skin: Stays the same. This is too much for me, and I am a foody lover. This might be good to layer it with something to tame it a bit, but WHOA NELLY! Alone, it is too sweet and cloying for me!

My version is in a cobalt bottle with really cute label art, so I'm assuming '05 or '06. Totally kicking myself for not trying this sooner, the description never, ever appealed - it just sounded sticky sweet and very simple - but this stuff is gorgeous!

I'm having to apply over a layer of sweet almond oil, or my skin eats the scent completely, but with the almond oil it's great. Freshly applied, for a few seconds it is simplistically sweet, but then all this amazing spice comes out - it's definitely candy corn, but with a backdrop of cinnamon and clove and warm brown sugar, like something incredible being baked. As it continues to dry, the spice becomes almost tea-tinged, like an incredible chai tea, and the brown sugar gets richer and smokier :wub3: The final stage stays fairly true to that, and it's the perfect autumn/Halloween scent - there's the comforting candy corn, the cosy chai tea and smoky brown sugar, and yet somehow it retains this edge of spooky autumnal Halloweeniness, maybe just from the smokiness and the spices.

Overall, ZOMG!! I'm so glad that my new bottle is 100% full - this long travelled cobalt has definitely found its forever home, and if this scent comes back this year I will definitely want more - I can see it becoming a huge favourite :biggrin:

I just received a (supposedly) 2005 cobalt bottle of this!

Sweet scents like these tend to be very ephemeral on my skin which probably means I could stand to moisturize more.

In the bottle, I get a deep sweetness, something that reminds me almost of autumn spices, like pumpkin pie crust.

On skin, however, it's soft and sweetly burned sugar. It becomes richer as it dries down. This is lovely, and I'm really glad I blind bought it!!

Now i will start this off by saying that i was looking for the cobalt version of this bottle because i fell in love with the bottle+art combo, and I got lucky finding a swap for it (thank you)! ❤

But, as i sniffed it for the first time i audibly gasped, this is DELICIOUS and i'm happy to say i found a new autumn favourite.

I have tried candycorn before, but this is that, on a whole 'nother level. The spices are strong (but not pungent) and it stays strong on my skin as well. The spices give it this ooky darker layer, definately more complex than "just candy corn". I LOVE THIS!! :rofl: