Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

It's so hard for me to fall in love with boozy scents... I've never drank alcohol and have never even been in the presence of a martini, so I'm not sure if this smells like one, lol. On me this smells like beer mixed with fruit punch. Verrry boozy and tart. After about an hour it fades quite a bit and smells like boozy soap :P. It's definitely not a winner for my skin chemistry.

Wet - fruit punch! The kind in snack bars, endlessly cascading down the inside of one of those plastic containers, that dyes EVERYTHING within reach bright red and burns your throat with sugar and citric acid. Ah, the things we digest freely in youth...

Wet - Hm. I do not like this. I get a bright orange note for some reason...ok ok...maybe I do like this...it's orangey! Yay! It's spicy and orangey to me, I like this...like mandarin orange spiked with clove. Mm. I don't smell booze at all?

~Fox

In the bottle:

Very alcoholic smelling, and there's something that smells a lot like apple juice

On me:

This is definitely what it claims to be - pomegranate martini. The pomegranate smells tart, crisp and bright. The alcohol note smells like a clear alcohol, like vodka. It's surprisingly light though. This is very crisp and cooling and fruity.

Final note:

Someone who likes The Hesperides, will probably like this. I find them to be very similar.

in the bottle: exactly as stated, a pomengranate martini.

wet on skin: This is so light and crisp, but with a wonderful amount of throw. The pomengranate smells red and sweet.

dry down: it loses a bit of its booziness during the dry down, but retains all of the juiciness from the pomengranate. There's also a bit of something like apple, but I'm unsure about that or if its just my imagination.

I swapped for this, since I love pomegranate.

In the imp it's woooo fruity! I reminds me of Sweetarts or Pez. On the second sniff, it's like tangy fruit punch, lightly spiked.

On my skin, a major tangy fruit kick, but the booziness softens immediately. It rather reminds me of Bon Vivant, but tangy. It doesn't smell like strawberries at all, but the boozy note mellows on my skin the same way the champagne note in Bon Vivant does. They may also have a semblance in my mind because they are both bright, clear, scents.

After a while on my skin, most of the sweetness in this fades, and there's a pleasant dry tanginess left behind. Like the aftertaste of a pomegranate. It doesn't smell like pomegranate to me, but it "feels" like it with the intial fruit burst, and then the dry (in the way wine is dry) aftertaste.

Someone mentioned that this is an "out with the girls" kind of scent, and I agree. It's fresh, bright, sophisticated, and dry in contrast with BV which is fresh, bright, girlish, and sparkly. I think there is room for both scents in my wardrobe. I'd get a bottle of this.

In the vial: Very fruity, though I'm not convinced it smells like pomegranate. I get more of a grape and orange feel to it. It doesn't have much of that alcohol smell of bottled perfume, but definitely a bite to it since it's so concentrated.

Wet: Still very fruity, but growing sweeter and slightly powdery. It smells a bit more like pomegranate now, but still not exactly how I remember pomegranates. I'm still smelling more orange than anything else.

Dry: It smells a bit more tangy than sweet now, but it's also feeling increasingly... shallow. It's almost as if the scent is floating on the surface of a bubble, and underneath I know it's empty air, and the shallowness of the aroma really bothers me. I'm still not getting much pomegranate, or martini, or a lounge feel. I'm reminded strongly of Body Shop's Satsuma, except with less depth and a bit more mustiness.

An hour later: Still tangy, and sharply fruity yet with a definite mustiness, and empty in a way that I can't stand. I'm finally getting the lounge feel, with a hint of tobacco smoke coming through that makes it like sitting at a bar, ordering a drink, while the person next to you exhales a cloud of cigarette smoke.

Overall: This scent would work on people who like lighter, airy scents, but it's definitely not for me.

Edited by decemberine

*drool*

I love Swank!

Definatly I can smell the alcohol- martinis are a big favorite of mine, so I rather like it. The pomigranite is sweet, but not too sweet and the martini part keeps it very much in check. The lovely scent lasts all day, a mix of sweet and tart to keep you happy. Fruity without makeing you feel like a fruit salad. :P

I really think I need a bottle of Swank.

In the bottle: sweet, tart fruit, similar to cranberry. Must be the pomegranate.

On skin initially: very tart pomegranate, with less sweetness. The kiddos declared it the "Gummy Bear" scent.

After an hour: while it is a nice enough scent, it reminds me too strongly of the "Koolaid" note in Lady MacBeth. While Lady MacBeth's note fades and blends, Swank just stays tartly fruity. A nice scent, but just not a keeper for me.

Wet on me this is sparkling and light pomegranate, with a sweetness that makes it smell like jelly sweets. As this dries it becomes earthier and drier, whilst still retaining that jelly aspect. Dry on me the jelly fruit scent is still there, but it's overlaid by something harsh and chemical :P .

In the bottle: Holy crap! It's green Gummi Savers!

Wearing: Green Gummi Savers!

Later: Green Gummi Savers!

Overall: Um, yeah. :P The gumminess reminds me of Bordello, but while that one was a bag of assorted gummy bears, this is how I so eloquently described it above. I could even smell that weird, artificial, gelatinous scent the candies give off. Delicious. I have a feeling the boy will like this one.

simply put, this is mouthwateringly delicious :P

it is both very sweet and very tart combined.....dries down beautifully and

this scent is very long lasting.....love it......(gnaws arm some more)

most definitely a big bottle order of this baby ..... :D

I actually can't stop thinking 'The Body Shop' when I smell this.

I think it's because it's a blend of tart red fruit and a very potent, strong sweeping alcoholic base which reminds me always of that little pot of fragrance oil they have diffusing outside their store (bad business practice IMHO since no one seems to appreciate getting whomped by cranberry-matazz or whatever it is).

This is too strong on me, and reminds me more of that same diffusing aroma, which I have negative associations with due to working near one of their stores chronically.

Oh well, we can't win them all!

The description sounded really wonderful, but on me it fell short. I don't like the taste of most liquors, but I love how they smell in cocktails, so I thought this one would be a good one to try.

Unfortunately, from imp to skin to drydown, it's predominantly this sickly-sweet potpourri smell--sharper in the imp, but when I went around telling everyone to "Smell!", the majority of reactions were that it was too sweet and too floral.

Once it's dried and has become fainter, it's actually very crisp and refreshing. Don't know if this one's a keeper, but will test it again and may send it off to a friend who wants to start experimenting with BPAL.

Edited by Rem

Yes. It smells just like a pomegranate martini. Sharp, sweet, and fruity, almost lemony. Bright and sparkly. Just not something I can wear.

Thanks for passing it on to me, lookingglass!

In the imp: Strong fruity soap smell. Like someone made a realistic-smelling soap of a pomegranite.

Wet/Drydown: It stayed crisp pomegranite! Same from vial to skin, and I'm loving it! Apparently, pomegranite loves my skin because it stayed for a while. This may become a problem in other blends, I will have to find out.

Overall: I will probably horde this imp and maybe even buy a 5ml. It's so tasty and fruity and tart that I love smelling myself wearing this. I've been drinking Pom juice for the past 4 days, so it's odd that it came yesterday when I finally finished my bottle. Coincidence, wow.

Has anyone smelt the "Juicy Grapefruit" Yankee tart? Swank is almost exactly the same to my nose.

I love the tart, not sure I want to smell like it though.

I was afraid to try Swank, because Persephone smelled really bad on me! I thought it was the pomegranate, but apparently it was just the rose because I LOVE the way Swank smells! It's crisp, tart and lip-smackingly juicy. I don't get any alcohol smell--maybe just a little nose tickling "effervescence."

Swank might be replacing Bordello as my favorite fruity BPAL scent!

Meh - I thought I'd like this one but no it went horribly wrong on my skin - It was very sweet (the sweetness was nice) but then there was something unpleasant lurking beneath it that just seemed to get stronger as the day went on. It started to go Pot Pourri like on me.

ADDED Nov. 23:

I've never had or smelled a pomegranite or a pomegranite martini so I wasn't sure what to expect with this. Unfortunately it is waaaay to sweet on me, it is fruity and I usually like fruity scents but this just overpowered me completely. Just didn't like it at all. I do however want to try the drink now!!

Pomagranate and booze. Lives up to its name, nice and sweet - Good for everyday wear.

It's not very dry though - as a martini should be (or at least a martini should be dry to me). It's a very luscious, sweet, and juicy pomegranate. While it's a lot of fun and playful, it's very much a summer fragrance.

I do have a 5ml, though. Sneaky bottle made it into my last order. :P

I ordered Swank because I found Juke Joint interesting, but felt that alcohol + fruit was something I was more likely to enjoy and wear regularly. While I get the smell of booze from Juke Joint, I didn't get any smell of alcohol from Swank at all; it was more like a very strong, fruity/floral toilet bowl cleanser. An expensive one, mind you, but still, toilet bowl cleanser. The commercial type. Ah well.

ITB: I can definitely smell the pomegranate, very yummy. On: The pomegranate is gone now, now I get just the sharp smell of alcohol, then alcoholic soap, then alcoholic lemon soap. Later: Just soap. And soapy soap at that. Gone within the hour. Drat, I really wanted to like this one. :P

Sparkling, uncomplicated pomegranate with a touch of juniper. It's tart, but at the same time it's almost candy-sweet on my skin. I love pomegranate, and this and Persephone are my favorites thus far.

Swank would be another good going-out perfume, or I think it would be great for work as it is very fresh and inoffensive.

I love the first hour of this scent: it's simultaneously rich and yet crisp and clean. You could wear it to work and feel professional yet sassy at the same time. :P I don't get a booze note at all, just pomegranate with something tart and sparkly added to it. The effervescence only lasts an hour or so, though; the pomegranate lingers forever and is quite nice, but it gets a little muddy. I'll be hunting for The Hamptons and 21, and if they stay tart and clean longer, I'll probably swap this away.

A pomengranate martini??? *note to self- must make pomengranate martinis*

This scent is deicious, boozy notes LOVE my skin. The sweetness of the pomengranate is very fresh and feminine.

The booze note was gone within minutes, but the sweet fruittyness of swank lingered for the rest of the day.