Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In an effort to create a pleasing environment during a surprise trip to Yuggoth, we have created a soothing yet stimulating blend of pink pepper, peony, jasmine, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, white ginger, serene white tea and light musks. Bon voyage!

It didn't really have much throw from the imp itself and I almost couldn't smell it! However, on my skin it was a fruit explosion and the mango, juicy goodness really got alot stronger.

It dries to a lovely sweet, but not sticky sweet smell. It reminds me of an adult fruit-punch, fresh and vibrant but minus the sugar.

This was a frimp to me from a forumite and WOW! Awesome stuff.

Jenn

Mi-Go Brain Canister - There is not one single note in Mi-Go Brain Cannister that I dislike. But put them together, and it's a really awful scent. Upon first application, it's incredibly perfumey -- the most "department store counter perfumey" out of the BPAL fragrances I've tried. It's heady and strong, but fortunately mellows out upon dry-down. The dry-down scent is much more subtle, but still unappealing. It's got some nice tropical fragrances that seem to be rooted in... yes, that's it: poopy diapers. I have no idea which note is giving the poopy diaper after-scent, but it's quite icky. Nope. This is an LE so I can't buy it again, but I definitely won't be looking to swap/buy other people's castoffs. It's got reasonable staying power, and it may work well on someone who doesn't get the poopy diaper effect from it.

Edited by edenssixthday

I should have known better.

Ginger and teas all do bad things on my skin, but I so desperately wanted to try this anyway. Mango! Pomegrenate! Pineapple! I'd have so much love for Mi-Go if I could actually SMELL these notes! Alas...I get nothing but tea upon initial application, and within 5 minutes the ginger takes over. Tea and ginger keep fighting with each other to be the dominant note for the next hour that I wore this scent. I finally had to wash it off and stick my bottle of Chimera up to my nose to tell it everything was okay.

In the bottle: sweet, slightly medicinal fruit.

Wet on skin: Ah, that's better! I smell mostly some type of melon, nice and sweet but not cloying

Dry: Oh dear, my skin is turning this into musty old-lady dusting powder. How sad! The mustiness does die down slightly and I'm left with a faint fruity, powdery scent. I might try it one more time, but it's not my favorite.

I had no interest in trying this when I first heard about it. It took a bottle of Peony Moon to sell me on Mi-Go. And I am so pleased with how this turned out! Mi-Go is sweet and fruity and flowery but not in an overpowering way. This is all about the musk, tea and peony on my skin. There is the faintest scent of kiwi and mango but only enough to make Mi-Go a bit tangy. I just cann't believe how good this smells! :P

this is a weird one. i don't really know what to think of it. when i first opened the imp i was excited because it smelled wonderfully fruity and summery. i couldn't really place exactly what i was smelling, but it was delicious and oddly familiar. everyone says they thought it smelled pink, but i'm definately getting yellow from it. maybe the pineapple is influencing me to think of it as a yellow scent?

anyway, it stays about the same for about 10 minutes after i apply it. unfortunately after about 10 minutes a strange, slightly musty, stinky undertone starts to come out... i don't know what it is. it's not like... poop, or cat pee, (like i got from blend that started off fruity and turned foul- iambe) or anything i can put my finger on, but it smells... off.

i think i'll try this in a scent locket when i get one. or as a room scent maybe? i really enjoy the initial fruity yellow stage but that bizarre underlying rank note when it's dry is really turning me off.

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In the bottle - a sweet fruity floral which reminds me a bit of Juicy Fruit gum. Is that poop I smell? It's kind of there, then it's not. I hope it goes away!

On me - Mmmm lots of fruit, but I cannot detect separate notes - but it's definitely a tropical fruit combination, crisp and clear and not too sweet. For a moment it reminds me of my mom's Madame Rochas perfume, but the scent morphs nicely. Thank god the poop smell didn't come back.

Wow, was this a WEIRD scent.

It didn't really change between the imp and the drydown.

My mum and I kept sniffing at it, trying to figure out what it smelled like. She said is reminded her VERY faintly of a wax they used to use on wood floors. I thought it smelled a little like tea mixed in with cucumber melon, like from Bath & Body Works.

When I tracked down a list of the notes, I was very confused.

Verdict: It's cool but really not my thing. Swap.

Pepper is one of my mortal enemies, but I wanted to try this scent because the other notes are wonderful and I love the name :P I was thrilled to track down a bottle.

In the bottle: fruit tea!

Wet: tea and tropical fruit.

Dry: This is great! This is a tea scent that is distinctly feminine. The ginger grounds the fruit nicely to keep the scent from getting too sweet. Lovely!

Recieved as a generous frimp from Deana. Thank you Deana!

In the imp: Sweet and girly. Pink. Not what I thought a brain would smell like, but maybe on the wrist it will get more brain like.

On the wrist, wet: Odd, this doesn't smell like much of anything at the moment... wait... morphing... Oh please let this work, it has so many things I love... please, please... damn.

On the wrist, dry: Jasmine. Jasmine hates me. I get these very faint hints of fruit, but mostly it's just uber jasmine. Anubis says it reminds him of an expensive perfume...

Final Analysis: Probably a gorgeous scent on someone else, doesn't work on me. Off to Eoife.

Fruit, ginger and white musk! :P If the peony (and JASMINE) doesn't amp on my skin, this could be an incredible scent for me.

In the vial - Fruit tea with a slight hit of pepper in the background. Mango is the key note to my nose right now.

Wet - Mango tea with a slice of kiwi. Yum!

Drying - Oh gods, here comes the jasmine. Push it away, fruit! Don't let my skin amp it to the point of being all jasmine! :D The ginger is just a breath mixed in with the pepper, but right now it's the florals battling it out with the mango tea.

Dry (45 minutes) - Soap. Mango and jasmine soap. :/ The pepper and ginger are almost completely gone and I'm left with soap...

Overall - The wet stage was great, but the moment it hit my skin, bad things started to happen. I'm not going to feel bad swapping this one out.

Oddly enough, to my nose this is a cherry Pez, lol. It's fruity and sweet, but not in a sharp way. It's more like powdered sugar, as opposed to sticky sweet syrup, if you know what I mean. Very nice indeed, but it doesn't really float my boat.

In the bottle: For a solid second I get a wonderfully fruity scent... And then it's ruined by pervasive Jasmine. I want to like this, but I'm not so sure.

Wet on skin: Ew. Jasmine's even stronger now, with none of that wonderful mango.

Dry on skin: Still Jasmine.

Verdict: I know a lot of people like Jasmine, but for me it's just *ew*. It does not react well with my skin chemistry. Unless it's mixed with a select few notes, it overpowers EVERYTHING. Mi-Go Brain Canister is no exception. This makes me sad.

I almost didn't even put this one on to test because when I sniffed the bottle it smelled like vomit and bubblegum. Where the hell is my head today? I think I am still feeling the after effects of the Laudanum.

But I put it on. Wet - this is actually quite calming. Very well blended in that it is hard to pick out the individual note other than - fruity, flowery and spicy. Yeah - helpful isn't it?!

Dry - I find it interesting. I can actually catch the ginger which normally just gets sucked into my skin and disappears. Very fruity with a dash of spice.

Wow - this was an awful review. I'll do better with the next one. LOL

I received this as one of my first "hand me down" imps from an enabler a ways back, and after I gave it a quick sniff, I've never given it a chance. Until now.

Sadly, it didn't change much in the wearing. This doesn't work for me. In the bottle this has a tropical drink smell mixed with a drugstore perfume.

On, it did this thing, well, the dry-down reminded me of a bathroom with a commercial air freshner where someone who had one two many pina coladas and long island ice teas is spiling their guts. Literally. It is very spring break 1987.

Which is so weird. I love tropical scents, jasmine and ginger. Normally jasmine works for me. Huh. Well hopefully I can pass this along to someone who will love it.

Mi-Go Brain Canister-

In Bottle: Very flowery and sweet!

Wet: Tropical-sweet flowers, overwhelming all other scents, but not at all unpleasing.

Dry: Whoa, my skin eats this one up fast! It's almost gone after ten minutes.

Overall: Okay.

This is my insta happy, rub-my-toes-together-and-giggle scent.

Really, it does that to me, puts me instantly in a good mood.

I can smell the pink pepper for sure in this one, or at least what smells like the actual pink peppercorns that they have in the kitchen at work (yes, I go around smelling the spices if I know they're in a bpal I like) It's light and airy and just . . . happy.

Sadly though, it has no staying power on me.

My solution: buy a few more bottles and put them in a roll on. :P

When I first opened the bottle, I almost didn't put it on. It smelt like rancid flowers. I promptly put it away (for weeks) I was in the mood to give it a go today. On me, here's what I discovered.

Wet: Jasmine blossoms bloom fairly quick on my skin. The sour note I smell in bottle burns away (THANK GOD!)

30 Mins: Jasmine, with a fruity tea twist. Not a sweet tea, more fresh and crisp.

Drydown: Jasmine with warmer tea notes.

Reflection: If I was more into floral's and specifically Jasmine, I would be all into this. However, I've never been a big fan of Jasmine. It is very pretty though. I'm amazed that something that smelled so foul in the bottle, smells really lovely on the skin. It is an uplifting, yet, tranquil scent. It makes me think of Jasmine fields at dusk. For those of you doing what I did in the beginning, making a judgement on sniff only. Brave it and try it on. You might be happily surprised!

I wanted so much to love this scent. All the reviews demanded that I love it. It has all the fruity things I love to smell. So I opened the bottle, took a big whiff, and NEARLY THREW UP. It smells like childhood cough medicine that I had to take due to bronchitis EVERY YEAR< Yeech, I can't even put it on my skin.....ok, I;ll go get a soda to wash down the nausea, get some fresh air, and then try it on my skin......

....Ok, its been about an hour, here goes nothing,....ohhhhh, noooooo, gotta wash this stuff off NOW...

Why?Why? I was soo looking forward to this.

Somebody get this 5ml bottle outta my house.

MI-GO FOR SALE!!

This is yummy. Not quite a favorite, but certainly up there! I love ginger, peony, mango, pineapple, tea, and musks, and they're all there.

Mmmmmmm. Just wish the person who traded me the bottle had sent the brain!

This was a frimp for me, and I'm glad I got the chance to try it. Wet, this was very fruity and deliciously sweet (but not cloying or overpowering). As it dried, something else seemed to appear - the pink pepper? And thankfully, I'm not really getting overpowered by the florals. This is really nice! I'm glad I have the imp, and will enjoy wearing this in the summer, or when I want a light or light-hearted scent.

In the bottle: Gardenia-scented Sangria

Wet: Gardenia. But not too bad as a floral scent. Smells like whiffing a fresh flower, not smelling perfumed flowers. I'm not getting any of the other layers.

After a minute: Okay, it's still all flowers, but it's more complex. I can smell the peony and the jasmine separately as opposed to their combined 'gardeniaesque' scent. Still no pepper or ginger or fruit or tea.

After a while: I can smell a bit of the pepper now, but only because I'm searching for it. I doubt another nose would pick it out. Crisp florals with a throw. I'm sure a flower-lover would relish it, but sadly I am not a Petal Princess.

I have to say that most people's reviews of this scent just completely baffled me. I didn't get "fruity" out of Mi-Go at all!

To me, Mi-Go is a gorgeous floral, the petals floating in a glass of champagne, and sprinkled with pepper! It tingles my nose and makes me smile. This is a great substitution for Victoria's Secret's perfume Pink! Pink was once my favorite perfume, and now that slot has been taken by Mi-Go Brain Canister!

If you're looking for something flirty and different, Mi-Go is definitely a scent you should try. :P