Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
anmorata

Chaste Moon 2005

Though March marks the end of the desolation and chill of winter, it is not yet Spring, the time of rebirth, fertility and the Earth’s fecundity. March’s Full Moon is a Virgin’s Moon, pure, youthful, unsullied and innocent. This is the Moon of the Child, and the scent is as soft and gentle as a baby’s breath: milky blossoms and soft cream touch the last buds of winter, coupled with crystalline, bright traditional Lunar oils.

I get the buttery smell in the imp, but it's fairly mild compared to say, Jack. On, no butter, but a rush of pineapple and cream with some delicate white flower--linden maybe? Soft, delicate, not a lot of throw, but perfectly fitting its description. Reminds me a little of B&BW's rice flower scent but with pineapple and a little more sweetness. A really nice scent for those of you who like to keep 'em subtle. But subtle I am not. :P Edited by Shollin

In the imp: buttery warmth, but also something vaguely sinus-clearing. It smells a bit like grapefruit to me almost, not butterscotch.

On my skin: This just warms up and starts to glow on me with the butter/milk being balanced by the chilled nature of the other notes.

Later on: Faded away.

This is gorgeous. In the vial it smells almost spicy, I'm not sure what it is but it has that piercing yet warm scent of spice in the scent. But when I put it on my skin, the spicy scents come out to play for a short time before it smooths down to a milky, smooth floral. After a while, when it settles, it becomes much more milky and soft. Delicious, soft and gentle.

Chaste Moon smells somewhat sweet and buttery in the vial, but it starts turning to plastic the instant it touches my skin. Beneath the plastic scent, I smell something that reminds me of buttercream icing, but I can't get a clear enough hold of the scent due to the way this one goes all plasticky on me. It sticks very close to my skin and doesn't have good staying power at all, and even the plastic scent is completely gone from my skin within 30 minutes after application.

in the bottle: Almondy and creamy. Buttery. It reminds me a bit of Bastet, actually.

Wet: This reminds me a lot of Bastet! Very creamy and almondy, with a faint floral that starts to show up during the drydown.

Dry: The faint floral takes the place of the almond note within the first couple of hours. Then it's mild, creamy floral. It sticks close to the skin, and is sweet, simple, and lovely.

Reading this description made me NEED to try this one. Boy it was a bugger to find! Now that I have an imp I can see why it's so popular. It's heavenly. It's got a tea/coffee overtone to it with a creamy milky almond. Divine! I wish I had a bottle.

So...I have had Chaste Moon since last year...trying to find the time to wear her..allowing life to get in the way...

Finally..after a long sojourn I come back to my beloved BPAL..and I allow my olefactory senses to indulge...

:D

I have been wearing Chaste Moon for about 5 days or so..and this is basically all that I could come up with:

Intital sniff from the bottle: Sort of creamy..with the lunar oils making their presence intertwined with the creamy...sweet, creamy, a touch of mint in the background. Kind of reminds me a bit of after dinner mints..just in a vague manner..almost a touch milky??

Applied wet on skin: Crystalline lunar oils JUMP into the forefront..this is what I am used to smelling whenever I try any of the "moons"...and this is a welcome scent..it's a bit minty, sort of "chilly"..but not in a haughty way..the milky/creamy notes keep it from feeling haughty..it's actually a very comforting and intimate scent.

Couple of minutes on skin: Lunar oils warmed up on the skin which give way to more of the floral and now the creamy/milky notes are blooming a bit more as well. Just a wonderfully comforting fragrance...reminds me of soft sweaters, clean flannel sheets, steamed milk with a bit of sugar and a drop of vanilla..just all very snuggly thoughts...heavy on the maternal vibe.

Drying on skin: It's all about the lunar oils..the somewhat aquatic/fruit/floral/mint melange that I associate as lunar...it's just softly permeating in a cloud around me..with the creamy/milky notes more like a sheer veil...

Staying power isn't bad at all. On my skin I can get about 3+hours..if I apply to my hair, it lasts even longer..which is nice..since my significant other snuggled closer to me when I wore it and commented how good I smelled...yipppee..ANOTHER winner!!! First Stardust and now Chaste Moon :D

Bottom Line: Chaste Moon, for me, is definitely a late winter to early spring fragrance. It just oozes maternal comfort to me..the kind that makes you feel as loved and safe as a newborn with its mama. The lunar blends never cease to amaze me. :P

In the bottle: sweet and creamy, with a touch of light flowers behind it.

Initial application: vanilla and almond comes out. It reminds me of Dragon's Milk.

Drydown: this is a pretty, comforting scent. The vanilla and almond die down, and the nonspecific floral note at the beginning comes back, very subtly. The throw is very nice, I first applied about two hours ago and I can still smell it lingering around me. I like it!

Smiley rating: :P

Every since reading the description I knew I really wanted to try this one. Was finally able to purchase about a third of an imp! I definitely know I'll need to find more!

It's creamy, a little bit spicy on me, yet there is a floral side that's present too. Very smooth. Chaste Moon it may be, but there's some... how do I say it? Wisdom here. Innocent and naive don't have to mean the same thing! But that's just me reading into it, what the smell did for me.

I put this one when I went to the gym tonight and promptly ran 5.5 miles and was sweating up a storm-- it had great throw! I could smell it wafting all around my head and yummmmmm! Still could smell it after an hour of running. Oh, this is divine.

4.75/5

When I first put this on I was immediately reminded of almond milk. The scent is so creamy and rich and almondy. After the drydown however, Chaste Moon goes all floral and vanilla sweet. :P

In the bottle:A milky flower bush.

Wet:Same as in the bottle.

Dry:Way too much floral!

I thought this was going to be soft and creamy but my skin amps up florals and this turns into a heavy bridal bouquet that's slightly wilted.

Now, I don't like florals. Really, I don't. But a very kind swapper sent an imp of this as a frimp, and I had to try it.

Beautiful. I can't describe what it is that makes me love this, but I do. It's not "floral-y" at all; the notes blend so wonderfully that it just makes me happy to sniff it.

I will treasure my imp.

i was so happy to finally be able to try this one! and i was not disappointed. it’s lovely, a mixture of rich sweet cream and light florals. almost like buttercream frosting, but not that foody. i think there’s also a touch of vanilla and mint. a calming, comforting, gorgeous scent. now i just hope it returns some day so i can get a bottle!

i had to add this: half an hour later, far from fading, this scent has only gotten stronger, richer, and creamier. heaven!

Edited by tinyvulture

Bottle: creamy......a slight hint of something like condensed milk, but less rich. OK, like creamy angel food cake. nice!

Dry on arm: where'd it go? Ah. THere it is. plastic. Oh no.

Dryer on arm: hmm....i'm getting a little bit of lunar oils, and a mild vanilla with a hint of floral.

Forgotten, 1.5 hour later: oh, THERE's chaste moon! very mild and pretty vanilla, but a BRIGHT, calming vanilla, with a touch of some type of sweet tree blossom (barely noticeable) or something. This is very pretty, but I don't know if its me....plus there's a note in a lot of the vanilla-y BPALs that turns to plastic on me and I think Chaste Moon contains it....it fades away but I don't know if I can deal with the hour or so of it. Potential swap.

Mmm, this is really pretty; soft, milky florals, but not foody or floral at all.

I just wish it was stronger, and I'm so happy I found a partial bottle of this. :P

I don't get butterscotch from this. It's lovely, but I mostly get creamy gardenias, and fairly strongly too, when wet. It reminds me nearly exactly of White Shoulders by another company...except Chaste Moon is much more complex, richer. I also get a lot of 'green' from this, but it is mostly overpowered by gardenias, which I happen to love but can be overwhelming.

Dry-down: like sticking my nose in a gardenia bush. Gardenia is a complex, creamy, sweet, strong floral and this scent mimicks it EXACTLY.

I am very familiar with Gardenias, so I don't get any vanilla or anything else from this. May as well be Gardenia single note to me, which is gorgeous, if you're a gardenia fan.

In the vial:

I get a soft, mild honey scent

On me:

This is a lot prettier than I thought it would be, honestly. I saw cream/milk and flowers and thought this one could not be for me. However, unlike many other cream/milk blends (Milk Moon for instance), this one doesn't smell funky and sour on my skin. It's smooth, mild, and barely sweet. It's either vanilla or honey, but it's so hard to tell because it is very soft and just sweetens this up a tad.

The florals are also soft, and work well in this. I want to say gardenia, but I'm not 100% there - and normally gardenia is very LOUD on me, but this one is gentle.

Final note:

So pretty! Not at all what I was expecting honestly.

Honey? Buttery? Spicy? Almondy? :P I was wondering if my nose was broken there for a bit until I saw some reviews that were closer to what I've been smelling- it is creamy and soft and sweet and minty with a hint of florals, but it's more like a tea bouquet. This is gorgeous! It also reminds me quite a lot of Snow-Flakes. It's just a bit creamier and softer, and sweeter... yeah, I can't describe it well. But it is very pretty.

This was very light to me, barely there really. It also faded rather quickly. I mostly get fruity, white floral and coconut notes. It's nice, but I wasn't impressed. I can definitely see why some people call it creamy, but I get no butter myself.

Chaste Moon does have a very milky and creamy scent like the website discribes. It's a very soft and powdery smell too. Slightly sweet and a little foody. This smelled the same on my skin and had a dry powdery scent. I wouldn't buy a whole bottle of this however because it's just a little too milky. I think a lot of other people would really like this scent though!

Imp: Very creamy and yet bright.

Wet: Perfect white florals, without threatening to turn to soap - kind of amazing!

Dry: Nondescript florals. Soft and pretty, but nothing I'd wear. It's definitely chaste. Nothing offensive or sharp about this one!

Beautiful, this is a total comfort scent. It's a softly spicy, milky, pale floral. Not a lot of throw but it lasts a very long time on me. It's not overly sweet, yet it's somewhat foody. Stays fairly true to it's wet stage for me, but loses a bit of the spicyness and gains a bit more milky sweetness.

In bottle: Sweet, light, clear.

On me: I can't pick out individual notes, but yeah - sweet, creamy,light, clear. One my sweet-fragrance-loving daughter and I can share.

In the bottle, it's got a good spicy/milky thing going. On my skin, if you want a pineapple milk wash, this is it. Not bad, but there's this unkind plasticky backnote going on that dies down a bit over time, but still lingers. Oh well, I just sold my bottle, so that's well, then :P I'll try it again when this is resurrected, and you know it will be.