Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
anmorata

Chaste Moon 2005

Though March marks the end of the desolation and chill of winter, it is not yet Spring, the time of rebirth, fertility and the Earth’s fecundity. March’s Full Moon is a Virgin’s Moon, pure, youthful, unsullied and innocent. This is the Moon of the Child, and the scent is as soft and gentle as a baby’s breath: milky blossoms and soft cream touch the last buds of winter, coupled with crystalline, bright traditional Lunar oils.

I have been coveting this for months, ever since I was frimped a sniffie of it, and it was everything I was hoping it would be. It's spicy, with a base of sweet creaminess, and it blows me away. It stayed true, with no plastic or fake-ness in the undertones. It clings very close to the skin, with very little throw, the kind of scent you dab behind your ears and on the back of your neck before you meet a significant other and you want to draw them in close. Unfortunately, something in this makes me itch like nobody's business on every body part I tried it on, even places that I rarely react (like the back of my hand)!

In Vial: smells foody, like ginger and buttery cookie dough

Wet: Light, more floral, less foody

Drydown: Very light scent. Smells of floral with a backdrop of butterscotch. Still smell the faintness of ginger in the distance.

This is very mild. It reminds me a little of Enraged Bunny Musk. It has that same gentle creaminess and very soft throw. This stays extremely close to my skin. I can only smell it when I press my nose against my wrist.

The overall creamy tone is pretty and it stays far away from the foody realm. It provides a nice blanket for the florals. The florals are very faint---I can barely detect them. I do smell a spiciness which sort of surprised me. I wasn't expecting that. It's not a sharp spiciness...more of a prickle that only lasts a short time. Then it gives way to the mellow creamy notes and then it disappears completely.

I like this, but I'm not crazy about it as a perfume. It is comforting though and I wore it last night to sleep in. It was soothing and it did help me feel relaxed. So I think I'll use it in that capacity.

In the imp, verrrry creamy vanilla.

First on, there's some sort of spicy edge to the creaminess. It's registering as either ginger or dragon's blood resin. It's very comforting, in the camp of scents like Mouse's Long and Sad Tale.

At one point it reminds me of the craft store I used to go to to buy fabric, which isn't a bad thing. I miss that store.

I know when it gets to be a few hours after application, there's something about it that reminds me of the scented dolls I had when I was a kid.

This is pretty. A scent I would use to either go to sleep or feel relaxed.

The first time I wore Chaste Moon I loved it. It smelled soft and creamy, with some very light florals over the top. Just very light and pretty. I've tried to wear it since then and I keep being disappointed because about an hour into it, it develops an artificial plastic-y vanilla scent. For the first hour it's great, but then... not so great.

So, I guess I'm going to have to finally give up on this one. :P I feel sad about that because I actually have some nostalgia associated with this scent from that time I wore it and it was great.

I was frimped very generously with a sniffie. Thanks! :P

This is one of the moons that is much beloved but I had the sinking suspicion this wouldn't work out well. On wet, it's almost like MM2007 - coconutty, milky, but with a faint plastic tinge to it. It dries down to a creamy coconut/pina colada kind of scent on me. Sweet, milky, slightly fruity.

Yup, no baby. No chasteness. Just beach fun.

In the imp, cream, and a sweet note of...something.

Wet, soft floral. Very pretty. The foodiness imparted by the cream in the imp is totally gone.

Dry, this is all white floral, with a slightly sweet, musky undertone to it, and an even fainter hint of cream. Just gorgeous, and I'm so glad that the sniffy I got still has enough for me to wear it properly a few more times...now to find the right occasion.

Imp: kind of creamy milk, but mostly a sweet white floral...

Wet: ew; that floral is starting to go sour; perhaps bc of the milk?

drydown: hmmm; it's starting to calm down; kind of like honeysuckle milk...

I tried a sniffie, and it was a beautiful crystalline scent. At least, that's how I remember it to be. I recently bought a bottle and it's much more sweet! Upon first application (of the bottle), it reminded me slightly of Cheshire Moon. It's still sweet; I get the creaminess from it.

I'll have to test this one more and see...

WTA: Super dry this is exactly how I remember it to be! I can still smell the milk and cream but it's definitely not the dominant feature. It's perfectly balanced. It just takes a while to get there....but it's beautiful!

Edited by loladae

Sniffed: Light golden oil. Sweet, buttery, foody. Tonka. :( Vanilla and cream too, smothered by the evil syrup and butter. I get a bit of carnation, and some rich booze.

Wet: Still way too sweet and loads of vanilla, but less intensely buttery and foody. More floral, with really gorgeous, slightly spicy carnation. Almost a little green/sappy. Even more boozy - I feel a little tipsy sniffing myself!

Dry: Slow to dry. Something fruity, and something minty that's not actually mint and I can't place it. I like the pineapple idea, because the fruit is tangy and exotic. This is still very rich, bordering on butter - it's a very full-fat cream with little fat globules floating in it.

Later: For some reason this reminds me of Kitsune-Tsuki's drydown - probably the musk, and maybe the sweet fruit and some daffodil? I'd swear it has that same jasmine from K-T (the ONLY jasmine I like). But it's just so heavily creamy and still so sweet...

Summary: I love the musk, carnation, and cream notes (cream is so often very faint on me), but it's just too rich and sugary - if I inhale deeply, my teeth hurt by association. Decent throw & great longevity.

1236475264_oLW6q-Ti.jpg

I was afraid of this blend because of the cream. I don't do cream well, as it tends to turn into sour milk on my skin, but every so often there is an exception, and Chaste Moon is one. I love this blend so much, I already dread the day when the last precious drops fall onto my wrist. The delicate creaminess, the perfect inobtrusive vanilla, the lovely florals...this is a great go-to-sleep scent, which is what I use the Lunacy line for (sleep, I mean). It has decent throw without being overpowering, and lasts a goodly time. And my lone bottle is looking so lonely, I wish I could find a companion!

Edited by stellans

On my skin, this is a beautiful soft, creamy vanilla. Sweet, but not too sweet. Delicate florals. Lasts a long time (mine's been on my skin for 14 hours and I can still faintly smell it when I put my nose to my wrists.) Throw is just perfect amount.

I wish I had more than a decant's worth of this stuff.

i was recently gifted with a sniffy imp of this & was fortunately able to pull enough out to try on. :)!

wet in the imp, i get none of the creaminess that many of you seem to be getting, no buttery note at all, which is great; foody does not do well for me! instead, this one is all fresh, light & pleasant florals. very nice, very subtle. on the skin, it warms up and becomes florals and musk, extremely nice. i almost want to say that, to me, it smells like a nondescript commercial perfume? but then it spices up! hello, carnation! oh, how i love thee.

i have only been wearing this for about twenty minutes, but i am really loving it so far. to be honest, i am hoping it takes a turn for the worse as i do only have a sniffy & i am not sure how easily i could get my hands on more of this! lol :(

I got a tester of this, just enough to drop on a finger. I get a milky herbal sort of scent; doesn't really appeal to me, so will pass it on via swaps, methinks.

Imp: Soft cream and a touch of floral.

Wet: Strong, almost cloying cream. This is a cream that I smell and something closes in the back of my throat. Very thick and heavy. Getting a touch of floral. This is very similar to Milk Moon 07. There is something fruity in here that my skin is amping to high heaven.

Dry: Pretty and soft cream with a hint of white floral. Very skin close and very, very soft. I'm surprised I've been lusting after this to be honest. It's outside of my usual comfort zone. It reminds me strongly of Abhisarika but with a more delicate floral touch. I'm really, really relieved that this is pretty and I like it but I'm not going to be selling organs or first borns for more.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: Pretty and glad to have the decant. Will be using it up and am so very glad to have finally been able to try it but not looking for more.

Oh wow this is just gorgeous!

Once applied, I get a soft watery, slightly vanilla and cream type of scent. Like baby's breath. It's simple, yet elegant and delicate. The watery note that I smell must be the musk. It's not too watery at all. Not ozoney at least. It is just a simple musk giving the whole perfume an airy quality.

Beautiful!! I am so happy to have received a decant of this!!

Simply beautiful. Sweet and creamy carnations. A little green with a touch of spice. You can feel winter linger in this blend, but at the same time know that spring is right around the corner. It sticks close to the skin, and I feel young & kinda carefree when I wear this.

Chaste Moon 2005 is a creamy, buttery vanilla scent, kind of like sweetened condensed milk. There's a tiny hint of mintiness underneath. This is one of my favorite lunar blends.

Origin: can't remember, a decant bought on eBay or swapped

Initial Thoughts: I remember reading reviews that spoke of a creamy floral and decided to try it.

In the Vial: a soft and creamy floral, very mild and gentle.

Wet: Heavily cream with a floral undertone. The florals make me think pale rather than wintry or chilly.

Drydown: Staying creamy-sweet but not quite vanilla territory. The floral notes are now saying "chilly" a bit but remain in the background.

Verdict: I'm glad I have the decant but also glad that I don't feel the need to quest for a bottle.

Pure gorgeousness. This has the subtlest hint of soft and sweet blossoms. I can't get over how innocent this smells. It's smooth and airy, sweet and feminine. Plus it's so well-blended that I can't pick out any particular notes.

in bottle: A soft, bright floral that surrounds without overwhelming. Good throw.

wet: Flowers with a little bit of powdery soapiness. A hint of candied fruit. Rather than a typical floral, this is an innocent, independent scent. Average throw.

drydown: The soapiness quickly disappears, and the sweetness strengthens. For a while, it threatens to turn into Play-Doh, but that eventually goes away. Throw strengthens as the scent becomes half flowers and half icing, so well-blended that it's impossible to tell where one ends and the other begins.

verdict: I LOVE this scent. This is innocence and wildflowers and unicorns all rolled up into a fantastic-smelling bottle. I would love to get my hands on more of this.

In the Bottle (ITB): It smells like vanilla buttercream, gardenia, Monoi de Tahiti, and something that reminds me of sparkling soda.

Wet: It's very creamy and floral at the same time. It still smells like monoi and vanilla buttercream with light, delicate buds speaking through the fluffy whiteness.

Dry: Yum! Monoi de Tahiti, vanilla, delicate white blossoms, and something milky. IT actually is a delicious summer scent to my nose.

Lovely frottle from a sale. It very much smells like a creamy coconut with a hint of white florals in the background. I actually had a moisturizer that smelled very similar to this. It's a sweet, comforting smell that keeps close to the skin. I'm liking that I'm not turning the vanilla into a plastic smell. Yay!!!