Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
violetblue

Corazon

The scent of divine mercy, pulsating and throbbing through the heart of every living creature. Glorious red musk and a halo of golden amber with a touch of wet mango, lavender, and purple sage.

i thought i was going to love this and liked how it smelled in the imp, but on me, it smelled like cherry nyquil.

i was sure i had reviewed this... but i guess not.

this is my new every day scent. i love it. out of the bottle it is fresh and delicate.

on it is musky and sweet. beautiful spring scent. the mango peaks through in the beginning. eventually it fades out and is replaced with the amber and a lightest whiff of what i guess to be sage.

i bought two bottles of this already but i am afraid i need more! i'm sad that is is being discontinued but i am glad beth gave us generous notice :P

Courtesy of the Oblation Caravan!

In the imp: Sweet, fruity amber. I'm going to take a guess and say that's the mango making it have that fruity sweetness.

Wet: Musky amber. Hmm, I don't like it so much in this stage.

Drydown: It's not bad exactly in this stage, but it's somewhat powdery. I can smell the lavendar in this stage.

Final thoughts: I don't think this blend is for me.

Mellow and smooth fruitiness. The sage balances the fruit out nicely, but I think the mango may be just a bit too thick for me. Yep, ultimately its too thick and sweet for me. Plus I got a headache from it (though this is probably partly allergies).

First Impression: Oooooh, lovely sage.

Second Impression: Corazon has the same juicy quality of Red Moon blended with a big hit of the truest sage. I find it blended so expertly that I can only pick out the sage.

Final Analysis: Once the sharpness of the sage starts drying down, what is left is a golden and beautiful fragrance. The label is gorgeous and the scent inside certainly does it justice.

Yum. Yumyumyum. YUMMY! :P

On me it comes out mildly sweet but herbal. I like Sweetgrass (I think) or clary Sage but more complex. I'm guessing that's the purple sage note that I'm smelling. I loooooooves this one. This is one of the few scents I've tried so far that stays relatively true over the course of a few hours.

The funny thing is, to me, it smells exactly like the local New-Agey store I used to frequent about 10-15 years ago. I used to go so often 'cause the smell of the place just made me happy and relaxed. :D (For the curious, it's Past Times, in Forest Hills, NYC. Pretty sure it's still there. At least it was 2-3 years ago.)

So happy with this one. :D

I was really looking forward to this - the description sounded so beautiful, I thought for sure it would work in some capacity. Yet my skin performed its oddest BPAL trick yet and deleted all of the amber, mango and lavender from the scent, leaving only sage with just a trace of musk. It's pleasant enough, just a very far cry from both the description and the lovely scent of the timp. As it dries down, it turns into a dead ringer for Cathedral. :P

Corazon gave off lovely wafts of scent in the vial. It smells very juicy and red, and I could detect musk and amber which I love. It seemed so promising initially.

There was something in the wet stage which vaguely reminded me of The Bodyshop's Dewberry, as Corazon was almost berry-like to my nose.

Alas, as soon as this hit my skin the richness began instantly to fade. As it dried the mango became more pronounced and the amber and musk vanished. Half an hour later I am left with a very, very mild sagey mango scent which is pretty nondescript. Such as shame, as it smells wonderful in the imp. I can imagine that this would be lovely and berry-like on someone with the right chemistry- but sadly not on me :P

Yep, an hour later and it has totally vanished. All I can smell is the Scherezade I put on earlier in the day. Nope, won't be getting a bottle of this one. I'm glad really, as I hate falling in love with discontinueds!

at first: i can mostly smell the musk and the tang of a bit of mango. the amber is there, too. very nice.

on: very pretty. i smell the mango, but can't pikc out the other notes.

half an hour later: pretty and mellow.

1.5 hours later: i'm mostly smell the sage and thyme.

2 hours later: it's still mostly the sage and thyme on me.

overall: this is nice, but just not something i would wear.

Corazon:

Wet: Red musk, hints of amber and.. mango?

Drydown: Still very true to the description. I have to agree with Macha.. this is one of those blends that really surprised me. It's not at all what I was expecting!

Longterm wear: Amazingly, this stayed very mango/amber on me for quite some time, though it ended up being very baby-powderish on me about 4 hours later. I do believe I'll be grabbing a bottle of this before it's discontinued.

Lovely scent and I so wish it wasn't going away. *sighs*

In the bottle it's a lovely mix that I couldn't discern any particular notes from, it just smelled light and lovely.

Wet this scent had a strong mango scent that upon dry down still stayed pretty strong. In the background there's a hint of musk or amber and is similar to Coyote.

After about an hour this scent became very much amber and musk on me, and reminded me quite a bit of Coyote. Yet there is something very different at the same time with this scent, which must be the lavender or sage.

This is absolutely wonderful and already a favorite, I think before it's completely gone I should be ordering another bottle.

When I read the description of this I had to try it. I love mango and the blend just sounded wonderful.

In the bottle the scent is just lovely. The mango jumps right out.

Once on my skin, it smell great wet but as it drys I get this weird scent that I cant place. I guess I finally found one that just did weird things on my skin. Maybe it was the sage. Who knows.

Hours later the scent is still going strong.

Oh well. I hope other mango scents are made because I love the tropical fruits.

I can't figure out why I didn't just order this immediately since I like all of the notes in it and I support the cause that inspired it!

I think that I didn't realize how much I like red musk until recently -- it's definitely a favorite note of mine. It makes everything very warm and incensy. It is not overwhelmingly strong in this blend on me though -- in the imp it is very fruity and the mango is lovely and not too sweet. I feel like I can see the color of pale orange when I smell the hint of mango...very vivid like a sun setting in the desert. Once applied, there's just this wonderful rush of SAGE and just a tingle of lavender, all mixed in with the gentle musk and quickly fading hint of mango. Sage and a fruity fragrance become the main notes for awhile and I really like it in that middle stage. Herbal but sweetly so...and there's a sort of incense-like grittiness to it.

It fades quickly on me but I only used a tiny dab. I ordered a bottle of this just in time and I can't wait to get it! I'd call this a great year round scent but particularly nice in the warmer months maybe, gender neutral (to me anyway) and I think it would also make a nice room scent.

this is mostly amber on me w/ a touch of musk to warm it up, i get a whole lot of pepper also and the slightest swirl of mango. this is a perfectly gorgeous blend, i will miss it when it is gone

Bottle (Imp): I guess it smells kind of, fresh? I really suck at describing scents. <G>

Just On: Smells kind of like fresh flowers, with somethings else in there. Maybe like flowers after rain?

An hour or two later: It's pretty flowery, and I've always been a non flowery kinda gal, but it's not awful. It reminds me a little of the stuff my grandmothers wear (not as in old lady perfume, but more like classy perfume).

Around 6 hours: I almost wish this had faded more than it has. I don't hate it, but I'm not loving it like I do the foody scents. I still wonder if it's just because I'm so set in my mind against florals, and maybe it smells wonderful.

12 hours: It ends with a little sweet, and some flowers, and it isn't so bad at the end. I'd probably wear it once in a while, when I want to smell, well, classier than normal. I'm not sure classy is the word I'm looking for. Maybe expensive. <g>

Overall: I'm glad I got to try the imp, and almost as glad I didn't get a bigger bottle, as it wouldn't have the best home with me. I don't think I'll swap this one, I'll probably use it every so often.

After reading other reviews: I wish I had gotten the fruity scent everybody got from the mango, but alas, I didn't get that at all. Since one of my bestest friends is allergic to lavender and lilac, I will have to be careful not to wear this around her, but it will get used around here.

Corzaon is very green, fresh, and spicy to me -- on my skin, it's almost entirely sage, with a passing hit once in a while of red musk's warm incensey depth and a touch of sweet fruit. I really, really love this, and I'm glad I snagged a bottle before it went bye-bye.

Bless you, OriginalWacky, for this decant. I'll preface this review by saying I have had an incredibly crappy day. One of those days where every single thing in your entire life just irritates the living hell out of you for absolutely no reason. I was seriously considering taking a mental health day from work because I just didn't think I could deal with it. And then I grabbed my brand-new little implet of Corazon, which arrived in the mail just this afternoon.

First sniff: Golden-red warmth with a touch of sharp-edged fruit.

Wearing: Corazon is perfectly lovely, and exactly what I needed today. It’s fruity-fresh and calming, with just enough herbal greenness. I’m sitting at my desk with nose glued to wrist, slowly remembering that I’m human.

This really did give me exactly the lift I needed to face the world again. We loves it, preciousss.

I bought this one because the description and the cause appealed to me so much. However, it didn’t really work for me as a scent.

To me, it starts off very berry-scented, even a little Kool-aid-ish. Then the red musk shines through, and it gets more peppery, but not losing the fruitiness. I usually like fruity scents, so I was surprised that this one didn’t work for me. Very warm and red, but not really my thing, I guess.

Adoration of this scent is not enough! This is gorgeous, fruity and complex with a touch of sage and lavender to ground that exotic, gorgeous mango scent. I'm really glad I took the chance on this and tried. So far it's been pretty gender neutral actually, despite the somewhat floral ingrediants the sage really adds another level to this and I think it would smell as wonderful on Jake as it does on me. Love it!

Initial Sniff: Sweet sticky mangoes awash in a golden red sea of amber and musk.

Wearing: This starts off so juicy! It is the sticky sweetness left on your hands after eating a perfectly ripe mango. The red musk and amber just make this glow. As it dries, some of the juiciness disappears and is replaced by a peppery spiciness, which dances around the edges of the warm melt of amber and musk. This doesn't last all day, but it was good for several hours.

Final Impressions: :P I love it! And I HATE mangoes! Go figure...

I ordered a bottle with my Beltane/Hexennacht order. Corazon starts out VERY fruity fruit fruit, yum! It seems like my wrists would be sticky, the fruit is so strong.

A half-hour later: it's a distinctive herb, which must be the sage. Kind of spicy. The fruit is almost completely gone, and I'm not getting any musk. It's turned very vague, and I can barely smell it. Shoot.

I love the first fruity part, and the sage part is nice, but I wish it was stronger and would hang around more in general. Maybe it's just shy. I'm glad I bought a bottle before it disappeared.

I have to admit that even had I not liked the sound of all the notes in this one, I would have ordered it anyway - the Safe Haven for Donkeys' website made me cry.

In the Bottle: Herbal, with red musk.

On: Oh, fruity! The mango is really prominent in this one; it's by far the dominant note, and I love it. I can still smell the kind of herbal, green smell from the bottle, which smells less like lavendar and more like the giant sage bushes outside my parents' house. What I love about Beth's sage is that the real plant gives me a horrendous headache, but this is just beautiful and painfree.

As it dries, I can smell something warm in the background, which could be musk, amber or both, I can't tell - it's still lovely, though.

Corazon - From the Oblation Caravan circular swap.

In the bottle: Mango, mmm. If it smells like this on me, I'll swoon. :D

On me: The mango note is predominant at first. And it's gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous. The warmth of a little bit of musk is starting to join the mango, and it's still heavenly. Oh, and a hint of sage, too. Wow! :P

Drydown: The mango note faded somewhat, and the sage and musk have moved to the forefront. It's still amazing, although I may just have to reapply this every half hour to get that luscious mango smell! :D

I wasn't sure I was going to like this scent, but I sure was wrong! It is warm, golden and slightly fruity (mango) and carries itself nicely....in terms of weft and duration. If you get the chance to try this scent, do! Beth honored this charity so beautifully with Corazon and the burning heart label is really nice!

:P

I was so pleasantly surprised by this scent. My skin really pulls out the mango and the amber. It's a sweet, delicate, fresh scent that reminds me of spring meadows and wildflowers. It's also a complex scent, with each sniff I notice something new. i really love this one and I am so glad I snagged a bottle before it was discontinued. Another BPAL masterpiece! :P