Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Full Moon that shines over the frost-rimed heart of winter. Traditional lunar oils combined with glittering snow flowers, soft breezes and frozen ferns.

Cold indeed! I can smell the freshness of mint and cucumber. But overall, I just feel the sharp and and dry and penetrating COLD....

On first application, this is a cool, aquatic floral. It's slightly sweet, and almost more green than floral. It's incredibly delicate, though, and every time I try to sniff more deeply, pin down the notes of the oil, it slips away.

This is a pretty, but tame winter, in contrast to the piney winter scents that I adore. I really like this scent, but it's so elusive on me, I can barely smell it after several minutes.

Wow, I love Cold Moon. It has the famous slushy/snowy note Beth does so well. It lacks the fir/pine scent that others with the slush scent have (Skadi, Snow Moon, Snow Bunny, etc) and basically just smells wonderfully delicate and chilly. It's not floral either. It doesn't last enormously well- possibly 2 hours- though I admit I was being very stingy, just having a pitiful little lonely imp. I do like this Lunar blend a lot.

I'd give it a 5 out of 5.

Edit: Raised rating- this one really, really grew on me and I neeeed more! It smells so subtle and icy, I love it!

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

In Bottle: Sweet candied snow and pine

On Skin: What a beautfiul scent! It does slightly remind me of Snow White (which I adore), but it’s a bit more delicate and light. Snow White is a bit more strongly feminine and in your face, where this is a perfect “soft breeze” that just whisps by you and you need to concentrate on it to truly appreciate it. The fern gives a light green tint that makes the scent more alive and bright than a dead of winter scent. There is a pine note as well and some beautiful white florals… and also a hint of berry. The throw is very light and sadly it doesn’t last long on me at all. But it is close enough to Snow White, Ice Queen, Skadi and Snow Bunny that I think I can get the almost the same feeling from those scents in this winter family.

In the imp: FROSTY! Also a little juicy and sweet. I was actually getting hints of Tang for some reason while smelling this one.

On me: Delicious. This isn't the dark, deep winter of some other scents. This is cool, refreshing winter with a hint of sweetness and breezes that nip at exposed skin.

coldmoon.jpg

Cold to being frigid, a little bit floral, rather herbal. Cold moon does what its name implies. Alas, it isn't my thing but that is only because I am not into that kind of floral. Oh well, I am happy I got to try it at least.

Cold Moon - This is beautiful and not what I expected at all. I hadn’t read the reviews, so I was thinking it would be somewhat along the lines of Ice Queen, but I was wrong. Instead, the first note I detected was grapefruit, which was followed by soft, almost powdery florals and maybe a hint of juicy winter berries. The scent is simultaneously slightly aquatic and slightly green. It’s really beautiful! This is an absolutely perfect winter-time scent. It has light to moderate throw, but as with most of the lunar blends, it doesn’t last very long on my skin. Still, I’m going to hang on to my imp and pull it out next winter on a cold, blizzardy day and see if it doesn’t make me feel a little happier about the icky weather.

This smells incredibly similar to Frost Moon, to the point that I had to check I hadn't mixed up the imps. It's not in the piney/woodsy Skadi/Talvikku family of BPAL winter scents, but more fruity, almost lotus-like, with a strong hit of what smells like eucalyptus or mint to me. After a long time, I could smell some sweeter florals in the mix, and I wish they'd jumped up sooner.

Interesting. I'll wear it again to see if I can pick out the notes better, because it does smell like a lot of the other "cold" scents to me at the moment.

In the imp, this is sharp and has a striking resemblance to Snow Moon ... but also a good deal colder. Whereas Snow Moon was soft and clear, with crystalline ice lace around the pretty edges, this is clear cut and exact. Wet, this is a cool floral - reminiscent of both Black Hellebore and Moon Rose, but at the same time very different. Again, it's colder than those scents but reminds me of chilling those scents to get this one. The lunar oils are as always, sweet with an amber-y resin tone to them. Dry, this reminds me so strongly of Snow Moon that I cannot see any significant differences save that this has no pine/wood smell to it and instead is more amber-ish. A little sweeter, more honey than resin. Very pretty and very disorienting as it changes. Even on die-down, this has a mellow chill Moon Rose tone to it. Which is quite lovely but not at all what I was hoping for. *sigh*

Cold Moon is Ice Queen's timid little sister. It's chilling and sweet, without the haughty feeling I get from Ice Queen. Cucumber, mint and that wonderful scent that makes it seem cold, I'm so glad I bought a bottle of this.

I love Cold Moon. I want to marry it.

We are so different, yet we see the best in one another. And I can't get close enough to Cold Moon--I sniff Cold Moon constantly (and Cold Moon is all on top of me).

Similar to Blue Moon, but colder, sharper. I could love Blue Moon more, but if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

And I've never been able to resist the aloof ones.

My wrist is still cold after all these minutes, yet when I inhale, there's sweetness, if not warmth.

i got a sniffie of this from someone with just enough to test it once or twice. to me this is a very clean scent...more oceanic than cold or snowy, yet not aquatic. i smell a soft herbal-musk, and something slightly crisp. this reminds me of something, but i can't put my finger on it. very nice and clean and refreshing but it doesn't go wonky on me like aquatics do. even though it's not aquatic, it's very blue. that's the only way i can think of to describe it.

In the vial: ooo sweeeeeeeet and juicy, like candy!

On the skin: Watermelon? :P There's florals, but it's so juicy they're not bothering me. A bit of tartness to this, it's very delicious. Still getting watermelon as it dried down. Got a bit of warm, spicy-ness too. Would definetly wear during the winter months!

From the bottle sniff I thought I would like this -- it smells sweet and slightly floral in the bottle. However, on it smells very cold and has that nose-tingling property. That's just not for me. I like this one a bit better than Frost Moon, but not much better.

I'm editing this to add the 2010 version:

Weird menthol-y mint, like a spearmint or something. But not straight up mint. It's odd. Cold and like some sort of minty medicinal thing. I do not think I like the mint + fern combination. I liked the original version better.

Edited by filigree_shadow

780084784_py53G-Ti.jpg

I was really hoping for another love-at-first-sniff like it was for me with Snow Moon. But, it was not to be.

In the imp: hm. Not bad, not bad at all. I smell mostly florals, with a nice aquatic note, and only the barest whiff of mint, just enough to truly be 'cold.'

Wet on skin: OH NO! The mint comes pushing to the forefront, I don't readily recognize the 'type' of mint, but it's definitely mint. And I'm already feeling my throat constrict and my gorge rise...

Dry: Are you kidding? If I'd waited for drydown I'd be covered in my supper.

Verdict: Too much mint in too much evidence. This is now on my swap page].

Dang it. :P

Edited by stellans

This is just an empty sniffie

In the imp: I smell ozone and something that almost smells like varnish, but very green. It's sharp

On Skin: I think there is enough residual oil on the wand to swab at my wrist. On the skin its sweeter and yes, I do smell the slushy snow note from the lab in there.

On Drydown: Sweet florals

Verdict: This is pretty. I don't know how feasible it is to try and get some but it's a pretty scent. I'm glad that I got a sniffie to try it!

ETA: So I swapped for a bottle of Cold Moon 2004, and tested side by side with Ice Queen. They smell almost identical except that Cold Moon has sweet spices, and a certain warmth as opposed to Ice Queen which smells more berry/snowy to me. It's like a warmer version of Ice Queen. Very interesting, but I actually like Ice Queen better.

Edited by zankoku_zen

This is a lovely pale aquatic on me. As someone else mentioned, it's hard to pin down.

Sometimes I think 'jasmine!' then... 'citris?' then... 'fuzzy! must be jasmine!' It's occasionally

sweet, too. All in all, I really like it.

oooh! This is wonderful! I can't pick out any of the scents but I know I love it!! I smell a little fruit and floral. It's just a very light and bright scent...great for winter!

Bottle!!

:D

I bought this from a livejournal forum member as a Christmas present for a friend (but, of course, I couldn't resist testing it!)

I ADORE this scent!!!! Its unlike any other I've encountered! Floral, resin, mint, aquatic.....it seems to have them all in perfect balance! Sweet and light and yet grounded so well it lasted through 12 hours of work (most bpal florals exit my skin after about 4 hours unless anchored to a resin or musk).

It reminds me a bit of Singing Moon....but sweeter....with a tang to it... the sweetness of white florals without the cloying factor.

Oh.....I must find one for ME!!!!!!!!

:P

Edit***found one for ME!!!! YAY!

Edited by Bulletslc

This is a gentler Ice Queen, without the white musk or the pine. It has a little bit of sweetness, maybe the berryishness of Skadi -- but mostly, it's a soft, clear, cool snow scent, with just that slight warmth of berry.

I like it, but I'm not head-over-heels, so this can go live with the rest of my Cold scents and I won't have to hunt down more.

OMG, this is so gorgeous. I almost hate getting imps of rarities because I invariably fall in love with them, and this is no exception (I don't really hate imps of rares, I just hate loving what I can't have more of!)

This is snow and soft, clean, gentle floral on me. I don't get any mint or pine or anything strong. Just a sweet, cold, haunting scent that actually does call to mind seeing the full moon reflecting on a snowy landscape.

In the bottle: Sweet, very fruity floral.

Wet: Strawberry-ish? Still much as in the bottle. Not at all what the description evokes for me!

Dry: I feel like there is something minty in here, maybe, giving it a coolness. It's still super sweet and fruity, and a slow-drying oil. The floral notes have a emerged a bit.

Summary: Lunar-woodsy floral with some fruity sweetness.

Meh, too sweet.

Cold Moon is like the best of all of Beth's wonderful snow blends in a bottle. It's as if she interpreted parts of Cold Moon into future blends. It's girly like Snow Bunny, cold & icy like Frost Moon. It has that beautiful slushy snow scent touched with a bit of resins (Shivering boy) and soft flowers & slight greenery (Snow White). It's a little aquatic and has a minty note (minus the vanilla thank gods) like the Lick It series or Nuclear winter. It goes on with a bang and then it just completely mellows out into this stunning perfume. It's calming and breathtaking. Just like the cold winter air.

I am ridiculously excited that Beth has brought back Cold Moon.

Edited by Schmoozy

This is for the 2004 version.

In the bottle: A cold floral.

Wet: There's a sweetness now that is not sugary or foodie, but just a lovely floral note.

The dry-down: Now the ferns, albeit somewhat frozen, have arrived in a gentle fashion. There is ozone present, but not overwhelming so. A very soft and gentle scent. I'm looking forward to testing this side-by-side with the 2010 version. :)