Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Lavender Coconut Cream Pie

Billows of lavender-tinged whipped cream luxuriating on a silky bed of coconut custard.

Edited by Jenjin

I can't overstate how good this one is. The lavender melds into globs of the thickest and richest coconut custard you've ever smelled. The lavender isn't very herbal or astringent, it's a sweet cloud of purple. It's a lot like the lavender in Lavender and White Chocolate Madeleines, which is another favorite of mine. It's a comforting blanket that you want snuggle in and eat.

Startlingly beautiful. I wasn't sure how it would go, but it's amazing.

I love it when coconut smells a little rainy, and that's exactly how this coconut wears on me. The lavender is soft without being too sweet. Infinitely wearable, I'll be popping it into my shopping card for my next Yules order.

Good lordt this is absolutely spectacular. Beautiful sweet fluffy lavender with the coconut cream underneath. This is going onto my night stand with Two Frames, Lavender Buttercream & Santa Doesn’t Need Your Help. 

Also worth noting that if you had told me a decade ago that I would be enjoying lavender perfume I would have laughed in your face! That’s the magic of BPAL. 

mmmmm yeah this is fantastic. The comparison to Lavender and White Chocolate Madeleines is apt, but instead of the white chocolate there's a beautiful sugary coconut. It is not too sweet or overwhelming. Reminds me of a Cadbury Mini Egg with lavender.

This is absolutely gorgeous wet. When it dries I lose the lavender and it becomes mostly coconut cream pie. Within about 30 minutes it's gone. My skin ate my lavender coconut cream pie up 😭 If you are luckier than me and it sticks around you are in for a beautiful treat. 

Getting a lavender cornbread sort of scent upon application. No coconut yet, or the corn is actually wet coconut. I'm of the minority not loving this wet.
It really gets going for me after it dries. Yesterday, kept smelling something and realized it was this. LOVE the dry version, all floofy sugared whipped cream with the slightest hint of coconut on crust. The lavender note is minimal, in the background giving a purple tinge YUMMY :tongue:

Edited by Jenjin

So it's night time here in ND¢towne and thus you're going to get a review of a lavender scent. If you are like me you have a collection that includes Lavender and White Chocolate Madeleines, TKO, Two Frames, Daybreak, and generally regard any new scent in that constellation as a potential member in the gang. I am pleased to say this one delivers.

What I was worried about was this would just be a lav coconut scent, but you know that would never happen. The Black Friday release really allows the buzz to develop for this scent, doesn't it? Basically a free sample of a Yule? Well, the 'pie' aspect of this is the make it or break it and it is letter perfect, uncannily WTF like coconut creme pie almost. I agree with amoray that throw is light and it doesn't stick around, but that's the only 😕 and honestly I don't think you could just turn up the volume on this scent without it collapsing on itself like the ephemeral, yummy thing it is. 

This starts off with a dreamy lavender and then morphs more into a creamy coconut scent with just a hint of lavender over time. It is not the same lavender as Daybreak, and it is more coconut-heavy than that one, but if you're a fan of the lavender Lilith scents, and you enjoy coconut, you will be happy with this one. I could totally see this being a Lilith and pooch scent, like what I had thought True Love would be from the description, before Beth disclosed it also contained jasmine (to differentiate it from Daybreak).

Even though this ends up being coconut-heavy on me, it never ends up being super foodie, and I don't smell any pie crust whatsoever. So if you're hoping for PIE, you might be disappointed. But I enjoy this, despite not being a coconut lover, and will probably end up grabbing a bottle before it goes away to use as a bedtime scent, just for that initial, dreamy, floofy lavender and coconut cream cloud.

Edited by doomsday_disco

soft, fluffy lavender with sweet, whipped coconut cream and a hint of shortbread crust. the coconut is very lightly toasted, and there’s a sprinkle of salt in the crust, making this slightly reminiscent of lavender rosemary baguette. the lavender here is demure but present, not as herbal as some of the other lavender kitchen blends, but still lending a wonderful aromatic quality to the subtly nutty coconut. reminiscent of lilith's gorgeous lav, dreamy and ethereal with an absolutely perfect pie crust note. a soft foodie lavender with average throw and longevity, overall quite lovely.

Edited by blair

I got both the Thanksgiving special imp and the Yule, which Ted confirmed were different scents. And boy, are they ever different!

Yule: in the imp, pie crust and something astringent

wet on skin almost cashmere? a sense of heaviness, almost sunscreen-y or platic-y, and...coconut? Maybe, maybe the barest hint of lavender underneath

dry - definitely cashmere (warm and musky). weird. and a more noticeable occasional hint of lavender

Thanksgiving Gift: in the imp -wow! really yummy pie crust (way better than the yule one and way more recognizable), some lavender with it

wet and dry on skin - lavender with cream and a touch of something plastic-y /sunscreen-y, very light and not foodie (no crust on my skin)

after an hour or so - more creamy coconut!

*I'm adding thoughts on both to both threads ;)

Edited by Roogna

Lavender and jasmine on me. For some reason, the coconut in this scent reads as jasmine one me instead and overwhelms a lot of the scent. I can pick out the cream pie nature of the scent. And the lavender is definitely there. But the jasmine is the strongest and turns this into a floral scent for me, as opposed to a foodie scent.

Comparing both the Thanksgiving imp versus the Yules one!

Thanksgiving: Gorgeous gorgeous soft lavender and fluffy coconut sweet cream in a sugared pie crust. This is exactly what I pictured when I read the name of the scent. It’s soft, creamy, sweet, and a bit sugary without being too cloying or heavy.

Yule: This one is so surprising! I anticipated it would be much heavier on the coconut based on other reviews but I didn’t realize just how much more coconutty it would be. I got lavender at first but this lavender smells different from the Thanksgiving one. This one smells more floral for sure. The coconut cream overwhelms the lavender so I barely smell it. It smells like a very smooth body butter. I get more of a burnt sugar-y pie crust note. Overall this is very very different from the Thanksgiving imp.

On me this starts our with a strong lavender note. It's a similar lavender to TKO. Over time, as it settles into my skin I can smell the coconut cream and pie crust. The coconut cream to me is more cream and not very much coconut. The pie crust is quite subtle and I think adds a hint of vanilla.  This settles into a beautiful, creamy lavender. 

The scent of TKO whipped into coconut custard and poured into a buttery pie crust (no spices in the pie crust). 
There's no sunscreen coconut to be found; this is deliciously gourmand and ultra creamy all the way through. 
TKO itself is usually too strong and sweet for me, but all of the cool creaminess in this scent really mellows it out beautifully.
I'm not even a huge fan of lavender in general, but the Lavender Kitchen series has really surprised me.  Everything about Lavender Coconut Cream Pie just works for me and I don't think that I own anything else like this where it's a tropical, creamy lavender with buttery pie crust undertones.  I love it.

I get a buttery pie crust with no lavender or coconut in sight. Later on the lavender comes out and renders a cool breeze quality to the drydown. The coconut is kind of weak and it's more of a very vague suggestion. I wouldn't even know there was coconut had it not been listed in the scent description.

Disclaimer: this review is for the Yule, not the Black Friday GWP.

Hyper-realistic coconut cream pie filling, this is soooo good. The rich coconut custard filling is working in tandem with clouds of whipped cream, and it's mouthwatering. I am not getting any pie crust (maybe I should find that GWP?), and the lavender is subtle until the drydown. Lavender-infused whipped cream, perhaps. 

I'm missing that pie crust note, but I still love this. I'm not sure I'd wear it enough to warrant a bottle purchase, but it sure is delicious!

Butter creamed with eggs and sugar, a giant cup of custard. I only get a bit of lavender and the coconut is all but lost in the custard. Applied on skin there is a funkiness that could be called butter-musk... Not at all what I wanted from this scent, sadly. 

Wet: Strong lavender, with a tiny bit of coconut.

Dry: Lavender is far less potent now, and I can smell more of that coconut cream.

As someone who isn't a big coconut fan, this is surprisingly nice!