Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Get comfy, you won’t be going anywhere for a while! Sweet, soft, somnambulant amber.

In the bottle  oh my, spiced? amber? 

wet on skin... Definitely sweet. There's a high 'note' or aspect to this... I want to say labdanum? It reminds me of amber with a labdanum spritz... a very simple seeming scent, and it will age brilliantly I'm sure.

Quickly dries down and calms down. I was surprised by the zing. This is fresh from the mail. Lots of throw. 

ETA this drydown is SMOOOOOTH AF. and I stand by my original assessment of spiced amber. 

Edited by ND¢

I amp the heck out of this amber. On me, an application of Sleeping Cat in my cleavage turns into a spicy cologne with a long throw that lasts more than a day. 

This is a cat with its claws out to play. 

This is really beautiful. In the bottle and wet, this amber is giving me something a like balsam, or another very gentle pine resin, sweetened. As it warms on the skin, it really blooms. This amber is sweet, warm, with that little touch of balsam-maybe, and maybe a sprinkle of spices.

Reminds me of the way Horses conjured radiant warmth from an animal's body for me. So comforting and redolent of safety, trust. 

Edited by elissamay

I love the Lab's amber-focused scents and this is no exception. I definitely detect labdanum at first. There's also a sweet, vanillic amber note that isn't as high-pitched as white amber, and a hint of almost-spice? IMO this is similar to The Lion but softer, less spicy, and more "golden brown" than pure gold. There's also a cashmere quality to this, like a soft scarf or blanket you'd wrap up in on a chilly day (with a warm spiced chai beside). Very cozy; very purring cat.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

I agree with spiced- quite. This is a very loud spiced scent- honestly it doesn't smell like any amber I've ever smelled, has big throw and sticks around.

This is pure balsam, it's Christmas cat to my nose (tree and spice). 🎄Seasonal job flashbacks: affixing trees on the top of cars with twine, walking back to the megastore store that's permeated with faraway holiday spice. It doesn't make me sleepy, but this cat definitely dreams of climbing up glammed-up trees, getting sticky tree resins on it's paws. Throw: medium, Longevity~ 7hrs 

Edited by MonBon

This is spicyyy! There's a slightly fruity ye olde holiday spice blend going on, with a base of powdery balsam and amber. This gives me similar vibes to Knecht Ruprecht except with a spicy opening (that fades eventually) and a smoother amber finish.

For some reason I thought I had already reviewed this! Sleeping Cat is lovely. It is definitely skewing spicy pine on a cool evening with a cat in your lap. I was surprised by this, I don't really know why, but I guess I didn't expect a "winter sky christmas cat" sort of scent. That being said - I love it. It's very peaceful and I can't wait for some cold weather to snuggle into it.

Sleeping Cat smells exactly like Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe at Disney World and I love it.  I usually don't like pine or cinnamon scents and especially not mixed together, but I always love the smell of that shop for some reason.  The pine in this isn't misty and realistic; it's more like air freshener pine, but I like the sweetness and dark, foresty vibe of it.  The cinnamon is a whiff of cinnamon brooms and I normally hate that smell too, but I like it here somehow.  The amber is grounding and warm.  After a couple hours, it's mostly dry, sandy amber with hints of pine and only a tiny bit of cinnamon.  I want to hoard this for the Yule season.

At first, I thought this was a pine-infused amber, as it reminds me of Christmas. But then it got a little more sour on me and I realized that it's balsam, not pine. And that explains the Christmas vibes! It's lightly spiced on me (not as spiced as The Lion is, to my nose), but maybe my skin is bringing out more of the balsam.

I really love this during the wet stage (I actually thought it was bottle-worthy at that point), but I didn't love it as much once dry. I'll retest this before it goes away to see if I love it all the way through once it has had more time to settle. I wouldn't use this as a sleep scent, but it would be a nice cozy Yule-y amber to wear in December.

So i blind bought "Sleeping Cat" over "By day she made herself into a cat".  Wrong call.

Sleeping Cat on my skin is balsam with a glitter of pine. I was expecting a completely different kind of amber. As time goes by, Sleeping Cat develops a faint salty vibe. I wanted the somnambulent purring amber, but looks like the cat decided to relocate under the Christmas Tree.

Edited by theredkilt

Sleeping cat is a warm golden cat, that has been sleeping in a pine forest. 

I get warm, golden amber mixed with pine or balsam notes. This does have Christmas vibes to it. The amber note is warm and spiced, the pine note is not overwhelming but it is still present. I put this on before bed and to me it is relaxing and cozy. 

I don't feel like I know amber very well as a scent note - any the various forms of it, so I was happy to receive a sample of this. I do know I've had some amber scents go a bit powdery on my skin in the past, but this is not one of those. It's warm toned and very gently sweet, and I agree that there seems to be a bit of spice at the outset, but it dries down into more of a golden glow. Wears quite well but stays close to the skin.