Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Butter Rum Cookie

BUTTER RUM COOKIE
A boozy addition to the devil's bake sale! Rum-soaked butter cookies, crusted with sugar, soaked in almond and garnished with orange rind.

Butter RUM? You betcha... with these cookies around, the Devil would be too wasted for malice.

The Rum, Almond and Orange Zest all combine together and make this a wearable gourmand for men (and women). The Cookie and Butter part are pretty tame compared to some other BPAL's like Sugar Cookie.

Yes, the aromatics here definitely place this in Cologne territory. But in a foodie kind of way, if you can imagine.

Note- Almond can be almost unbearably bad on me, it is fine here.

This is how I wanted Sugar Cookie to smell. A splash of butter rum, with the sweetness of sugar. This is just how it says from wet in the bottle to the drydown!!! I put this on 6 hours ago...and I still smell hints of it! I love it, love it, love it!!! This is definitely a 2 bottle affair!!!!! :P :D :D :D :D

In the bottle, smells like butterscotch schnapps. :P

Wet on the skin, I get buttery rum, sugar, and almond.

The butter rum sort of disappears after a while and I'm left with more of cinnamon orange scent on my skin, which is still quite pleasant.

Definitely evokes the holiday spirit while wearing it. :D

bottle: this reminds me of the boozy caramel scent from creepy, except there's no apples.

wet: this is sinnamon and butterscotch schnapps. the cinnamon is not burning me so perhaps it's cassia.

dry: wow. just wow. this really smells like i've been baking cookies. like snickerdoodles. :P

Oh, yum. Now THIS is what I had wanted from Sugar Cookie '05. Sugar Cookie, after the wet burst of butterscotch, was a pale, weak scent that wasn't particularly cookie-like on me, but Butter Rum Cookie is an absolutely delicious cookie. I don't smell the almond or orange, which is ok since I was a little concerned that the orange wouldn't be to my liking. The rum is tempered by the cookie smell, like they can't be separated out from one another. I just got my bottle today, so the other notes may come out more upon aging, but I had to post my love ASAP. I don't mind if the other notes never present themselves, I just love this.

Funny. Cinnamon is not a listed note, but this is all rum, almond and cinnamon on me. It's kinda like mixing Sugar Cookie and Three Witches. Almost feel like I can get drunk just sniffing my arm.

:P

Oh man, I am glad I went with my instinct and got 2 bottles right away. I know I will be getting more before they are gone.

:P I'm afraid my reaction to Butter Rum Cookie was to flee as fast as possible. I've never tried BPAL's butter note so this was a good learning experience. My skin does NOT like it. It overwhelmed all other aspects of the scent and made me feel kinda queasy. No cookies for me :D

This was very warm and spicy on me when first applied. The sweet cookie aspect becomes more apparent on dry down. The almond and orange notes are really pretty and sweeten the scent a lot after a while. This scent has the same feel to me as Gingerbread Poppet, warm and cozy for the holidays. It also has plenty of throw and lasted on me all day. This was definitely a worthwhile bottle purchase! Mmm...cookies... :P

I got a chance to try this one today. =)

On me, this is a very little bit like a buttery, spicy, Sugar Skull, with maple candy. It lasts a very very long time, and is quite strong. I can't find the orange rind, or the rum, and the almond is not overpowering.

Funny. Cinnamon is not a listed note, but this is all rum, almond and cinnamon on me. It's kinda like mixing Sugar Cookie and Three Witches. Almost feel like I can get drunk just sniffing my arm.

:P

Oh man, I am glad I went with my instinct and got 2 bottles right away. I know I will be getting more before they are gone.

yeah this is so warm and comforting-no cinnamon on me, so glad I ordered a bottle,and overcame my urge to economize and orderred another bottle from a forumite last night. This is so comforting; a sleepytime scent for me;could actually let me stop using bonfire night as a warm sleepy scent-um yeah this is strong-when i slather at bedtime and i wake up I can still smell the warm almond boozy scent-yum YUM-a new favorite for me

ADDED Nov. 20:

this is my new comfort scent that I can wear all day; doesnt smell of cinnamon to me; have already gone through almost half the bottle.warm but more cookie alcohol-if there is such a thing, than hot spice cinnamon-slightly boozy but not OOH whos drinking here? kinda boozy

just all around goodness to me-a new favorite!

ADDED April 24:

Multiple bottle worthy; the only problem is that I might get hungry-I dont smell cookie specifically, but more of the sweet rum on drydown, and after a while my wrist is a buttercookie with a tad of naughty liquor, and I am wondering why I didn't get another bottle.Oh yeah..I did,and I slathered it all up.Apparently I love for my wrist to smell like alcohol-in a good warm way!

Cookie Orgasm. Seriously.

I'm getting the rum from Mad Sweeney, only not so over-powering, a creaminess with a slight hint of spice (reminds me of Monster Bait Underbed until the orange comes in to play around a little), and a candy orange sweetness that just grounds the scent - this is so much fun and I love love love it!

in the bottle: rummy almond cookies! :D

wet on skin: spiced cookies with frosting. :P

dry down: holiday cookies at their *absolute* finest.

in all: when i tried Sugar Cookie for the first time, i thought it was going to be more like this. it wasn't, but that doesn't matter because it's clear to me now that this is the Cookie Scent i've been looking for all my life!

:D

I'm not much of a foodie girl but this was in my order for a friend.

Not only does this smell so much like cookie but I an picture the EXACT cookie it is. WOW!

Warm, buttery, golden, perfect little butter rum cookies shaped like wreaths.

This was one of those 'OMG it was made for me!' scents, but alas- it wasn't. It smells wonderful in the bottle, but as with Sugar Cookie (and Gingerbread Poppet and Underbed and Gluttony et al) I amp up the cinnamon so badly, it just makes me smell like I've been bathing in curry sauce.

Another one to try in the scent locket, methinks!

Butter Rum Cookies starts out more like a gingersnap. Over time it morphs into something more mapley, like oatmeal or pancakes with syrup. Not really for me. Darn.

It starts out pure butter cookie on me. I don't get the rum at all. But after a while, it turns into this nice spicy cookie scent. Lovely and it lasted all day on me. I could still smell it when I went to bed.

Foodie fans, get ON this one.

Butter, sugar, cinnamon, rum. I don't know how she does it, but it definitely smells like a cookie in a bottle, and not cake, thereby differentiating this from Cockaigne. The cinnamon does amp up over time, but it behaves well.

Mmm, rum cookies.

In the Bottle/Decant: sweet almond (very strong, not usually a great note for me, but it's not so bad here), sugar, rum, butter cookies (far more cookie than butter), and a hint of orange rind (gives it a slightly bitter edge)

Wet on Skin: ALMOND!!! RUM!!! ORANGE RIND!!! Only a little bit of sugar and butter cookie. Well crap....it was sooo much better in the decant :P

Dry: OK, OK....so within just a few minutes the orange rind fades to almost nothing. Almond and rum back down a little too. Sugar and butter cookie become stronger (now they are evenly matched with almond and rum). After about an hour, the almond fades quite a bit, and I could swear a smell a hint of....cinnamon??? Since there is no mention of cinnamon in the notes, my nose is probably playing tricks on me. Still, it adds a lot to this blend

This stuff is strong!!! A little dab 'll do ya! It lasts a long time too

My rating in the bottle/decant: 3.5 out of 5 (nice, but far too much almond)

My rating on my skin: 4.5 out of 5......WOW! For once my skin actually made something better instead of the other way around!

Edited by SurrealReality

In vial: RUM! and sugar - like a gentler version of Mr Nancy without the lime and tobacco.

Wet on skin: RUM! and sugar - much more alcoholic version of Sugar Skull, still close to Mr Nancy. I think almond and orange rind are what brings to mind Christmas Cake batter. It's pretty strong, and not something I'd wear to work, but it smells good!

Dry on skin: this is sweet and boozy and decadent. A gentler, more feminine version of Mr Nancy. I like it, but I don't think I'll need more than my decant. Short wear length.

ETA: second wearing:

This time I definitely got cookies - and slightly burnt ones too! I would recommend rolling the imp/bottle carefully to blend the oil before wearing. I still like it, but the burnt note is bothering me a little. It reminds me of Christmas baking! o_O

Edited by Lyrical

Butter Rum Cookie smells wonderful and full of buttery cookie goodness with a hint or rum in the imp. On my skin, it quickly turns to the all consuming cinnamon. (Which is weird because I stay away from scents with cinnamon in them for that very reason, but it wasn't listed in the description) It dries down to cinnamon with a hint of cookie, but I this this one would benefit from a better home.

I can't even begin to desribe how much I love this scent. My heart wants to leap out of my chest and scream and explode into joyful confetti. That's the kind of effect butter Rum Cookie is having on me.

In the bottle, it smells like a combo of Gingerbread Poppet ( :P ) and Sugar Skull ( :D ). This makes my pulse start to quicken.

Wet, the spicyness and booziness flow forth, and I am absolutely in love. When I read the description, I was concerned about the orange, but i don't detect it here. This is like Gingerbread Poppet grows up and turns into a femme fatale. It's like a more dangerous, seductive GP.

On the drydown, it turns into a wonderfully cozy scent, but like cozy/sexy like you're all huddled up with your sexy lover under a flannel blanket kissing passionately and drinking hot toddies. It's sweet in a come hither kinda way, and foodie without being headachey. It feels "brown" and warm and *ahem* arousing. It reminds me of my boyfriend, not because he would smell good wearing it, but because of the sexy comfort thing. Oh, and the rum. My sweetie does like his rum.

I think this was meant for me, and i'm so glad I bought it. I'm blown away!

This is one of those mind-blowing scents that I will reach for all the time.

LOVE!!!

Well, let's see.

Butter? Check.

Rum? Check.

Cookie? Wait, where's my cookie?

Sugary, almondy, but no orange rind. A nice comfort-foody scent, perfect for winter, but I don't need a bottle.

ETA: Well, apparently this scent makes everyone else think that something is burning. How embarrasing.

I guess I will keep Gingerbread Poppet as my go-to Winter scent.

Edited by Megank4

Fresh on my skin: spicy spicy golden love! Gentle spices, softly sweet cookie - warm & playful.

Drydown: "Hey! This smells familiar!" Spices. Rum. Spices. Rum. Where'd the cookie go?

Verdict: On me, this is Upa Upa without the tropical drink treatment. It may be a layering scent, or one used in an oil burner, but Upa Upa gone stateside wasn't what I was looking for.

This is really straightforward on me. Goes on very rummy with a nice general sweetness in the background. Dries into a very Christmasy scent with touches of cinnamon, but also comes off as sort of cologne-y in a way (must be the rum). Nice scent, though it faded VERY quickly on my skin.