Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Couple Reading Erotic Scroll

Mmm...juicy-sweet blackberry citrus iced tea with lots of sugar! That impression is very consistent in the bottle and fresh on the skin for the first few minutes. Tons of fruit and a noticeable white tea herbalness, a blend that could fit right in with the Mad Tea Party collection. A lot of times, blackberry is paired with other dark fruits or something else that darkens it, but in Couple Reading Erotic Scroll, blackberry gets the chance to really strut its stuff. YUM.

Minutes tick by, the scroll unfurls...to reveal the most beautiful soft rice notes, a little creamy and a little papery, with wispy curls of blackberry and bergamot trailing down the sides. The throw stays close to the skin after the initial burst of fruit, but it is so pretty. I just had to pick myself up a bottle.

This is one that I was very excited to try at Lunacy and I am glad I did get to try for the blackberry as its a note I am always on the hunt for. I adore blackberry and this one is juicy and not artificial at all. Its realistic of ripe summer off the vine blackberries and when first applied made me so happy. The rice milk is creamy and light and Such a great accoutrement to those luscious juicy blackberries. However, this went a tiny bit playdoh on me one hour in. I think this may be the bergamot as it was unexpected and please keep in mind that I have issues with snake oil also being playdoh and this scent was brand new and had not had the benefit of resting.  Other than that, so very pretty and such a nice scent to get to try. 

Starts out a pleasant, very mildly plastic-tinged Welches Fruit Snack. Definitely a blue/purple, definitely girly, conjures images of...Club Libby Lu, this chain of, like, little kids' makeup stores at malls in the early 2000s? Where you could make your own sparkly bright pink/purple potions. So, for me, an unattainable ideal of wealth/femininity. What was I saying? Oh yeah, I liked that stage of this scent fine but then it faded and I got...jackpot, just the rice milk scent I was looking for! Near-perfect dupe of Dove's Rice Milk & Macadamia body polish, which is da best. And yet it's so low-throw that I don't think I'll be needing a bottle.

Sun-ripened blackberry, juicy and bright, is the dominant note. It's mingling with orangey bergamot, papery rice milk, and a little whiff of white tea.

Something in here is tickling my nose in a light, powdery way; it might be a little white musk or something else. 

This juicy blackberry is giving me some blackberry wine craving in the worst/best way. 🍷:cthulhu:🍷

I wish the powdery bit were not present, but otherwise this is a very pleasing, delicate, and joy-sparking combination.

I did not expect to love this as much as I do, not being a huge foody and all! I smelled this and salivated and immediately put a bottle in my cart. 

Very juicy, berries with a nice creamy base to it. I really get no bergamot here, which I was indifferent about. I tried this on yesterday, and the wear was impressive. The throw was also surprisingly strong on me, but would still say was medium. 

JUST WOW! This is a blackberry blend for the history books. 

I wasn't expecting this one! From the notes, I thought it would be pale and, sharp, with a few notes of blackberry/citrus.

When I sniffed it in the bottle, it was BLACKBERRY.

When I applied it, it really bloomed - it was almost like a handful of jelly beans at first, bright and sweet and fruity.

Then it morphed a little, and stayed fruity/juicy, but gained the faintest, faintest hint of a bittersweet citrus, and a bit of the rice note poked out. It has this really specific quality, that I associate with 'oriental' family perfumes (like, spa-type, bamboo-type stuff), but with a young, modern feel.

I really, really like it - it smells amazing in all stages, and lasts forever! I put it on yesterday, and it was still on my inner elbows and wrists this morning! :D

Holy crap, more people need to be talking about this. I was wary of the bergamot because it can be so overwhelming on my skin, and when I first applied this scent that’s all I got. But then a few minutes later I got the most gorgeous, juicy, fruity whiff of that unexpected blackberry. UMPFFFFF. SO GOOD. There’s something a bit creamy and wistful that helps center the berry, but oh yeah, those berries are the star. Great wear length on me, as well. Bottleworthy!

Blackberry is definitely the strongest note wet, somehow it merges with the bergamot and smells sort of like blackberry lemonade, a berry-citrus refreshing drink. Hints of herbal astringency, which I'm guessing is the white tea.

This wears pretty close to the skin, and the blackberry fades a little bit as it dries, coming into a bit more balance with the other notes. I'm not sure what rice paper or rice milk smell like, honestly, and I'm not sure I'm really getting either of them here, but there's something a little soft, maybe powdery? under the berry-citrus.

Good lasting power, though, and if you've been waiting for a scent where blackberry is the star, it might be this one!

Wet: Immediately after applying - blackberry juice! Strongest note, by far. After a minute, I'm getting more of a blackberry tea kind of scent, with some rice milk, and a hit of bergamot. 

Dry: This one doesn't morph much when it dries; I would still describe this is a blackberry tea with some rice milk.. just minus the bergamot. 

I'm loving how strong the blackberry note is, and it's totally bottle worthy. So good.

I bought this scent after deliberating for days over which lupers to buy this year, and nearly passed over it until I read all of the scent descriptions again. I was very intrigued by the notes, and was especially happy to find a fruit-tea scent without honey, as the lab's honey note amps on my skin and is cloying to the point of making me sick, unfortunately. Plus, the couple of reviews at the time were enticing enough for me to toss it into my cart.

I just got this in the mail yesterday and I'm so happy I sprung for the full bottle, it's so damn good. Lots of sweet sugared blackberries still warm from the sun with herbal tea and a hint of citrus; this is evocative of a lazy warm summer afternoon in a sheer dress, sitting in dappled sunlight sharing freshly picked berries with a lover

*tested on inner wrists

In the bottle: intensely sweet fruity blackberry, can catch a faint wisp of a sharp herbal citrus, which I'm guessing is the white tea and bergamot

Wet: Super sugary-sweet blackberry. Like other reviewers have noted, it has a candy-like quality to it, on the verge of almost being plasticy/artificial

Drydown: Still intense blackberry, but begins to shift into a more sun-ripened fruity scent that doesn't hang onto the plasticy candy smell. I can detect the barest hint of the bergamot and tea in the background

Wear: The blackberry takes center stage for quite a while (about 2-3 hours on me) and the scent blooms wonderfully on me over the hours. A creaminess begins to emerge after about an hour lending a gentle softness, which I'm guessing are the rice notes, and the blackberry slowly calms down and mingles with the herbal tea and citrusy bergamot. Around 3 hours, I get a lovely creamy citrus tea scent with whiffs of blackberry, and a slight papery scent in the background. As the blackberry fades into the background (4-5 hours post-application), this becomes a lovely creamy scent that lingers close to the skin. 

I would say that the fruity blackberry stages of the scent is medium throw, slowly turning into a more low-throw scent as the fruitiness dissipates, but will have to have some friends confirm in the future. The scent lasts for several hours on me (8-10 ish?), with the later stages being a more skin-close creamy milky scent from the rice notes. This is definitely worth a bottle purchase for those who love fruity scents. Beth never ceases to amaze me with her creations! I definitely will treasure this bottle and can't wait to see how aging treats it. 

Edited by redwoobacca

This is a gentle fruity sparkly tea scent. None of the notes stand out individually, but I'm fine with that. You can wear it all year round.

This is fantastic. The blackberry is certainly the stand out, which is lovely.  This isn't a jammy blackberry, it's more of a blackberry tea which makes sense considering the notes. The notes meld perfectly into a common scent so it just smells like a semi tart, sparkly (not fizzy), soft dewberry scent. The waft is wonderful! It took me a while but this reminds me of a Dewberry perfume I bought at a Body Shop in Seoul back in 2000 that I loved. I am very glad I finally decided to get a bottle!

Eta: More of a blackberry hard candy now, softened by the rice element and just delightful. I am so glad I got a bottle! I don't wear it often but it brightens up my entire day when I do!

Edited by HerbGirl

I don't know why this isn't more popular. Out of the mail box, it's fantastic. Juicy blackberries  and sweet rice. The bergamot isn't that noticeable, but there is a fizzy undernote creeping in the longer I sniff it. On the skin, the bergamot emerges for a citrussy blackberry smell that is absolutely delicious. It's a smell reminiscent of fruity bubbly or champagne and the tea is delicate. A whisper in the background.

candy blackberry wet.. as it dries on my wrists, the blackberry remains, but on my ‘ditch’ area (i don’t know what else to call the inner arm elbow part, but when describing this area for tattooing, it is the ditch)- super citrusy as it dries down. 

i forgot bergamot was a note here, so i was a little surprised by it. there is something green in here too, which i guess is the tea?

hours later, i get creaminess and rice!

i love it!

Opens up bright and almost grassy green. As it settles, some sweetness from the blackberry comes out, but the white tea keeps it on the more reserved side. A citrus-y brightness from the bergamot blooms as it continues to dry down—overall, it's very light and clean, but not in a soapy way. It's like a very light, bright fruit tea, crisp and barely sweetened—makes me want to find a shady spot  under a tree and enjoy the sunshine. Very pretty, but I don't think this one is a keeper for me.

Juicy blackberries with a little bit of rice, a hint of coconut/almond, and a drop of tea. The bergamot shows up more on drydown and teases out the tea.