Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

05 version.

In the bottle-sugar cookie

Wet on the skin-snickerdoodles with a hint of anise. :blink:

Drydown: snickerdoodles, with a hint of anise. Sigh....alas I am now coming to the conclusion that sugar cookies are better eaten and not worn. :lol:

In the vial: This smells like butterscotch and toffee!! Yummy!

Wet: It has morph into buttery popcorn. :yum:

Dry: Burnt plastic :(

Overall: This is a extremely delicious foody scent. Beware for you may gnaw off your arm after applying. But alas, foody scents often turn into burnt plastic on me. 'Lucky' me I guess.

In the imp and wet, I smell cookie dough and cinnamon sugar... with a splash of rum. After it dries down, the cinnamon goes kaput! and the rum fragrance comes out. I know they are two different blends, but Sugar Cookie is similar to Rum Cookie. And I am finding out that I am not crazy about food scents. *sigh*

OMG, what is WRONG with my skin? This smells like burnt hair. I wish I got cookie, bake shop, cinnamon, yum yum but I get burnt hair, and it's giving me a headache. I seriously can't believe how rank this is. Damnit! I wanted sugar cookies! :cry2:

Sugar Cookie 04.

The holy grail of sugar cookies....:lol:

In the imp: This smells of fresh baked sugar cookies. :yum:

On my skin from wet to drydown: Dried old crusty stale sugar cookie. Alas...I just have to accept it...I am not meant to wear Sugar Cookies...just eat them. :lol: :yum:

In the imp: Vanilla caramel?

On me: WHOA there butterscotch, calm down! This is sweeter and more candylike than I expected - almost like a Werther's Original candy. As it dries, it becomes a bit more cookie-like, but it still smells like a butterscotch cookie rather than a sugar cookie.

Hmm.. smells a little bit like egg nog in the imp.. must be the spices?

Wet on my skin it smells more like cookie dough, or vanilla cake batter. It becomes a little faint on me, and while it's an okay scent, I'm not in love with it.

yum.. vanilla. this is how i wanted love's philosophy to smell. less cream and more vanilla...delicious.

2005 Version

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Sugar cookie dough and vanilla cream cheese buttercream frosting! Rich, creamy, and sweet. Foody, but not heavy or cloying. Very realistic.

Wet: Cheesecake and cookie dough - sadly a bit less sweet, tangy, and creamy on my skin - overall fainter. A tad buttery, but bearably so. A bit more 'baked' smelling, maybe even a hint of spice.

Dry: It reminds me a bit of the note in Mr. Nancy, though much fainter and it fades much more rapidly. The 'tangy' cream cheese note has a similarity to the acidity of the lime in MN. The spice note (a slightly burnt cinnamon) really makes this much warmer.

Later: Maybe a bit of clove, too? The spices here are very subdued though, and add more warmth than actual bite. This fades so quickly and has such dismal throw, despite extra slathering.

Summary: I do love the cream cheese-cookie creaminess (and it's so warm and comforting), but it's just so faint.I would like more of this, but not at an insane price, not with its pathetic throw & longevity.

2008 version

Sniffed:: Much, much stronger and much more intensely buttery-foody. Cloyingly sweet.

Wet: On me, the butter just won't stop an amps to a sickening degree, refusingto be removed from my skin by any means. I get a nasty hint of spice and heavy sweetness, but mostly, this is EVIL SWEET BUTTER. Off to sink.

:ack:

Edited by fairnymph

The 05 version. It smells really sweet and has this spicey maple syrup smell also. It doesn't smell like cookies to me but it is great. I love it, it's so sweet, but not cloying and has some spice for complexity. I love sweet foody scents and this didn't disappoint

I have the '08 version. In the bottle and wet on my wrist this is a dead ringer for butterscotch hard candies. Once I rub my wrists together it turns into cookies: the buttery ones that come in tins, a little gingerbread, a little cinnamon-sugar. This is the scent of cookies that have been just a little too long in the oven and the bottoms are dark and crisp (which I like, for the record). As the oil dries it smells of brown sugar and maple oatmeal with butter stirred in.

Sugar Cookie '08 is a crazy little morpher but no matter what it turns into it smells of warm, homey, comfort foody-goodness. I've been wearing this to bed and I still smell faint maple syrup when I wake up so it lasts and lasts. This would make a nice room scent, too.

2008 version.

A wearable cookie scent, goodness gracious!

This is a touch buttery, a bit doughy and a hint smoky. Like cookies that were globbed onto the pan a little too thick and left in a little too long. It has those faintly burnt edges and that raw middle and it's delicious!

Overall much lighter than I was expecting, and not really spicy.

2008 version - This is a warm, buttery, cookie scent. It has a touch of spice, maybe there's a bit of cinnamon in this, but it's barely detectable.

This blend stays true to it's name but only sticks around for about 3-4 hours.

I want to nom my wrist off. This is a yummy, buttery, sugary snickerdoodle (did I mention sugary?) It starts completley buttery and vanilla, and the cinnamon comes out after a couple of minutes. It smells so true to the real thing you actually think a batch of them is baking in the kitchen until you realize it's just the perfume you have on :yum:

Ok, I have no idea what Snickerdoodles are :) I was hoping for a vanilla and sugar scent that is not too buttery. But instead Sugar Cookie is very buttery and spicy with cinnamon. I think I'd love a candle that smells like this, or an actual cookie but it is not something I want to wear as perfume because it is too buttery-foody and sweet foody scents and cinnamon in perfumes can make me a bit nauseous, even though I love it in actual food.

warm, buttery cookie. There's a lot of GC's that have similiar smells to this. It smells mostly like sugared butter. It's not as strong as the butter note in Drink Me, but it's there. Very sweet, as it dries, it smells a bit more like burnt cookies with cinnamon. Becomes much more creamy on the drydown, and loses the butter note (thank goodness!) All i'm getting now is warm cookies and spices.

2008 Version

This actually smells almost exactly like the Trunk Show Exclusive imp "Cinnamon Sugar Cookies & Egg Nog" on my skin.

Sugar Cookie 2005 - This is a thick, syrupy and utterly lovely butterscotch schnapps scent in the vial - delicious!! On my skin, the scent lightens to a degree, and the scent of cookies comes out from behind the butterscotch - a divinely sweet and foody scent. After a few hours a lovely spiced cookie scent comes through as the butterscotch softens and fades slowly. Utterly scrumptious!

'05 Blend:

In the bottle, this smells like butterscotch schnapps. Oh, yum. On my skin, butterscotch booze cookies. I'm thinking this is gonna be going onto a second skin test. Second skin tests confirms that I like it, and hey, a bottle just went up on eBay, so away we go! :P

Edited by Venneh

In bottle: Surprisingly butter scotch. Very much a cookie scent, sugary, and fresh baked smelling. Wet: definitely butterscotch. I’m surprised, but happy. It goes more sugar cookie with wear. It is more complex than I expected also. The vanilla starts edging toward whipped cream. I can really smell the foundation dough in there, but the scotch/vanilla is strongest. Dry: yup. Those are sugar cookies. It’s delicate and vanilla dominant and very, very cookie.

I have no idea what year my decant is. At first sniff, I was thinking this was going to turn into the sickeningly sweet mess that Cockaigne was.

There is initially a fresh-baked sugar cookie smell so realistic that I could taste the warm cookies right as they come off the sheet, with their golden brown bottoms. It turns into Snickerdoodles with butterscotch chips and a glass of egg nog. This is one of those scents that can go plasticky, but it doesn't. I love that it's just barely spicy, because I really dislike smelling like cinnamon baked goods. Very well done~

This was beautiful and lickable (I didn't lick it, don't worry) and yummy- but soaks into my skin and disappears within a half hour. Where did my marvelous cookies go?! How can I wear this when it feels like I'm being naughty and scarfing down my cookies!?

This scent manages to to sum up the holidays when I go back to my mom's house. It tells the exact Christmas story of a young college student visiting her young at heart mom.

Wet: The arrival home- "Aw mom, you got me Wearther's Butterscotch candy. You remembered they're my favorite! And you've got the cinnamon spice candle lit!"

Drying: Settling in- "Okay mom, I'm gonna start making the Santa cookies now. I see you've set out a rum and butterscotch filled eggnog for me. Line me up for another because I'm finishing this quickly."

Dry: Late night- "You know, mom...you know, yeah. And my cookies are great, man. Dip the cookies in your butterscotch run shot. Do it! Isn't that yum?"

It fades to a skin scent quickly on me though, but I'm thinking about always keeping this on hand for next time I feel like faking out my book club with some store bought cookies. They can't say I didn't make them since I obviously smell like I spent the day slaving over the oven. And drinking. A good day, indeed.

This is a review of an aged bottle (2005 version).

In the bottle: Buttery rum cookies.

On skin, wet: A little more buttery, less cookie dryness. Rum fades to the background.

On skin, dry: A bit of spiciness comes out, but it's still mainly buttery.

After an hour: The dry, almost powdery scent that makes me think of cookies does peek back out, and the spices get a touch stronger. It's a buttery, spicy, rum cookie. Almost like Spooky without the mint.

Sugar Cookie 2011-

In Bottle: Sugar Cookie 2004 has for years been my favorite BPAL scent, no lie. This smells like the 2004 version: like sugar cookie dough with that nutmeg tang. Oh, joy.

Wet: Yes, I think this is every bit the 2004 version. Rich raw cookie dough with nutmeg.

Dry: Delightful raw cookie dough, how I love you.

Overall: Identical, as far as I can tell, to Sugar Cookie 2004. This DELIGHTS me.