Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Frost Moon

The chill, crystal-bright Full Moon that is harbinger to the death of the year, and a monument to the snowy, dead months to come. A blend of traditional lunar oils frozen with winter mints, shivering eucalyptus, clear lotus, a gust of wind, and a midnight aquatic note.

Icy peppermint thrill!

Not as wonderful to me as Skadi or Ice Queen, but Frost Moon packs some winter punch. The mint folds back to reveal a nice base of herbal and chilly flowers.

I would stick with Ice Queen, because it is my favorite of the winter blends, but think Frost Moon is my 3rd favorite of the moons, Red and Blue being my favorites.

First sniff from the bottle-Winter minty freshness. Like winter mint gum!

After 15 minutes- Wow, this DOES smell like winter. How did Beth do that? I can smell the mint and can feel the eucalyptus. There is a very soft hint of something sweet in the far background. Like frozen flowers. I was afraid this would be too strong and 'dryer sheets' like because it has both ozone and aquatics in it but it is very mild and dominantly mint fresh.

Summery- Love it! Perfect for hot days when I long for Jack Frost's return.

I just got this from Ebay and it is a perfect day for it. It truely is "June Gloom" here, cold and raining. From the second I opened the bottle it was a cool rush

of frozen mint. I am happy to say I can wear lotus, no bubblegum here :P !

Slowly the floral comes out from behind the mints with a slight eucalyptus note.

I really like this, I can't wait to wear it on a snowy day.....Or when it's 90 outside and I am longing for Winter.

Frost Moon

In the imp: cool, sweet and minty. Almost like chewing gum!!!

Wet on skin: mmm, minty fresh! That sounded like a toothpaste advert! But this smells nicer than toothpaste. I think I can smell the eucalyptus there as well as the mint and lotus. There's also that cool, icy, watery note, like fresh snow.

Dry on skin: cool, man! fresh mint and cool ice, that's what this smells like. It has that watery note that reminds me of Snow White, but with mint and with sweetness added by lotus. I love this, it even feels cool on my skin!

After a while: the lotus is getting stronger, coming out nicely on my skin and mingling with the mint. I love thee, lotus. However, there's something in this blend that's coming through that smells slightly fruity, almost banana like, which is odd, but really nice! I have a feeling it's one of the unnamed 'lunar oils' since Chaste Moon had a similar banana-ish fragrance...

Verdict: this is a lovely, cooling, fresh minty sweet scent. It has the ice/snow/frozen aquatic note from Snow White but with added mint and eucalyptus, and hints of lotus. It's icy, it's chilled, it's wintery and snowy, and the lotus makes it nice and sugary-sweet. This has become another of my favourite Lunacies. This would be very nice to wear during summer. Beautiful, I wish I had a bottle of it.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Bottle (Imp): Ooooh, mint. And snow in the air.

Just On: Yes, this smells just like snowy air and mint.

An hour or two later: Icy air, and a hint of soap.

Around 6 hours: I am getting more icy air than anything now. I really like this. It's not quite as aquatic as I thought it would be.

12 hours: It's pretty much gone now.

Overall: What an interesting scent, and so true to it's name. I'm consistently amazed at Beth's skill in putting these scents together.

After reading other reviews: I didn't really get the lotus scent, but the mint and coldness is definitely there. I got no aquatics out of it at all, except for maybe the icy air.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Goldbond.

In the imp: Strong mints and eucalyptus. Smells of mint candy, actually.

On skin, wet: Lotus, mint and eucalyptus. This has a very medicinal twinge to it. It also reminds me of Goldbond lotion.

On skin, dry: Lotusy Goldbond. It smells as if I've rubbed some sort of medicinal cream on my wrist, then layered it with a strong lotus perfume.

Conclusion: This is definitely not for me. I'd hoped the aquatic note would be most prominant, but lotus, mint and eucalyptus almost always sabotage things for me.

Edited by Aredhel

Deep cool wintergreen mint and bubblegummy lotus greet my nose as I dabbed Frost Moon on my arm. Definate icy and aquatic without seeming sinister or frenetic, like Tempest or Hurricane. It has a crystalline sparkle to it...I'm reminded of ice levels in action/adventure/rpg videogames :P Not something I'd wear, but it would be great in an oilburner!

Uh-oh, I knew what this was the second I smelled it- it was the mint flouride that my dentist used to use. Oh god, my stomach turned immediately (and I usually love mint scents). It's that mint with a strange fruity undertone, in a paste.

It's somewhat of the way toothpaste mingles with flouride treatment

It's such a strong visual association for me that I find myself unable to even be around this. Funny how scents can take you back to such a specific time and place.

Drydown:

*tentative sniff*

Arghhhh it's still there! Mommmmm I don't want to go to the dentist! :P

I received this as a gift imp from a friend and I am so glad she sent it! It is chilly, icy, but not overpowering. It reminds me of walking in the cold just before the first snowflake starts to fall. It has that feeling about it. I like Frost Moon and it likes me! From this I get a mintiness, very subtle eucalyptus and a light aura of florals- is that the lotus? The scent is quite consistent on me from application to drydown and it has a long last on my skin. This is just beautiful. I love cold scents and this is a great one.

I got this in a swap, because I want to try some of the lunacy blends that I've missed. I'm grateful for the opportunity to try Frost Moon.

In the imp, it reminds me of an herbal tea blend with mint in it.

On my skin the herb tea scent fades, and for a second I get a whif of some lotiony smelling floral. Then it immediately turns into shampoo. I can't tell what kind of shampoo it smells like, but it smells like a shampoo I've used. Light, fresh, and clean, but I don't want to smell like shampoo.

I think I must swap this. I'm sure it will smell much prettier on someone else.

At first, this is primarily mint and eucalyptus. However, this quickly fades away to be a cool and refreshing scent, yet not apparently minty. It's a cool scent, so there's obviously mint and eucalyptus there, but when I sniff it, I don't think of those notes, just that it's cool and green. There's a hint and it's just really smooth (aquatics), slightly floral, which makes it a bit sweet.

For some reason Frost Moon is among the last of my Lunacy imp lot that I am trying (but not the very very last...). It is extremely hard for me to describe, really. Now that I read the reviews, I can smell the mint, but it is a very low key, almost buttermint kind of smell, not at all overpowering, and I could have sworn that there was sugared fruit in this.

It is also, evidentially, an aquatic I can wear, as it is not turning mens' cologne on me the way that many others have...instead, I can really get the sense of the shifting of a season, the crunchy snow, the crisp air, the slight hint that new life might be around the corner. This is really gorgeous.

In the Bottle: A tiny hint of Lemon, under a big Altoid.

Dry: A calmer, more high class herbal Altoid. Smells very natural and pure like Cold Moon. Smells like some apothecary with decades of experience used the finest herbs and mint to make a breath mint.

1 to 10: 5 Buy Again: No, too minty and too medicinal.

a delicate white floral encased in coolness.

yes, i'd buy a bottle. no, i won't hunt one down.... but i'm so glad to find that the "cold" scents have a chance of working on me. it gives me hope for my birth moon.

n.

Frost Moon is one of my least favorite lunar blends. That's not surprising... mint, eucalyptus and I don't play well together. On me, this has a very menthol/Vicks Vaporub smell to it. Medicinal mint. I had it on for about an hour before I tried to scrub it off. It was still going strong into that hour and I could still smell it after repeated hand washings. This has a lot of throw. It's just very not me.

Wet - this smells practically icy! I can totally see it being the smell of frost. The only note I recognize is mint.

Dry - this is an icy cold mint. A little stronger on the mint than I like, but at the same time it is such an amazing representation of cold, that I barely mind. I tried this mostly because of my son's obsession with eucalyptus scents, but I can only barely smell eucalyptus in this. I will hang on to the imp, but I doubt I will need more.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

Frost Moon - I was kind of leary about trying this since mints hate me and I am not too fond of them...

In the bottle: this smells like a York peppermint patty in the bottle. At first, I think I even catch a whiff of chocolate - it must be the instant association with the candy that makes me think I smelled chocolate. I am thinking it is the lotus that is making it smell sweet.

Wet: all I am getting is mints and eucalyptus - I am getting nervous because mints turn to Vicks vap-o-rub on my skin.

Dry down: about 15 minutes later, much to my pleasant surprise, the lotus has come forward and really tempered the mints. Much better than in the bottle or wet! It is an icy lotus, not a warm, sweet one. I am reminded funeral flowers on a snowy grave on a cloudy, icy day.

Later: This scent didn't last long on me which disappointed me but then on the other hand it was getting way to floral for my taste - almost a Easter Lilly note. At least the mint didn't ruin this particular scent for me.

Conclusion: This is nice but not something I would probably wear again. It turned to floral for me and didn't last long enough.

Frost Moon....

I was not acquainted with BPAL when this actually came out...so early this year...when I found BPAL and become hopelessly addicted to it...my main goal was to somehow pick up all the lunar oils I had missed out..being a Cancer..this was basically my life's mission...get the Lunar oils... :D

LOL..I was lucky enough to nab this particular bottle from Ebay...so it's been sitting in my cold wooden drawer...patiently...waiting for a chance to be worn. This week was the week that it's been waiting for. Cold...actually chilly and yes..we had some snow this week...so Frost Moon has had all week on my skin to show me what she is made of.

Here we go:

Initial sniff from bottle: Smells minty...and cold..and yes..I get that eucalyptus peeking through too. Funny..when I had first sniffed it...several months ago..the eucalyptus seemed a bit overwhelming...I didnt think I would like it..but since wearing it..it actually is a very nice component. It also smells a bit sweet..but not cloyingly so...I think there is lotus in here and although lotus usually becomes a bubblegum gorilla on me, I am hoping with this blend lotus can play nice.

Applied wet on skin: It's defintely a bit minty, a bit floral, a bit aquatic...with that eucalyptus peeking..all of this in the first 3 seconds..and then...somehow...some way...it smells an AWFUL like...like...(whispers incredulously)....Blue Moon???? How is that possible??? :P

Now..I happen to love Blue Moon so this came as a shock to me. I mean..in the beginning it was all chilly,minty, sweet, euclalyptus goodness...but in the span of about 30 seconds to a minute...this morphed into an icy version of my beloved Blue Moon.. I kid you not. It's got that same "feel" to it...and I am just stunned.

Couple of minutes on skin: Same players...it's beautiful really..and funny..when actually on the skin..it does feel frosty and chilly and cold. I mean...my skin gets tingly when wearing this...like I had just been outside in the cold snowy world. It's beautiful.

Drydown: Lunar oils breathing softly over the mint...and the aquatic touches..although frozen..are wafting in and out as well...sigh... :D

This has decent staying power..re-application for me hits at the 4-5 hour mark...throw is minimal..which doesn't bother me at all...

Bottom Line: Frost Moon was unlikely home run for me. I mean...I love all the lunar oils I have tried..but I honestly thought when I had first sniffed this from the bottle that the eucalyptus and mint were going to be just too strong for me to really enjoy..boy was I wrong!!! Frost Moon is a beautiful interpretation of the upcoming winter...chilly but sparkling...a bit icy but approachable..and just gorgeous. For any who missed out on Blue Moon, this is a great lunar blend that plays along the lines of that other masterpiece...wow... :D

I've come to the conclusion the lunar blends can make you...loony.

Take Frost Moon for example. When I first wore it, I would have described it as a chill moon, where the air was clear and crisp, but not bracing. I thought I was in love. I kept sniffing at my wrists like a junkie.

My second two ventures with it were, therefore, quite disappointing. I found it overly minty and sweet...no cool air, no chill moon.

I know that there are scents that grow on you, but I didn't know there were scents that you grew to dislike...

Honey Moon, otoh, was love at first sniff and has never worn off.

These lunar blends can make you loony.

One I overlooked and shouldn't have. I've discovered that I'm making season judgments in my head as I go through my imps. This is definitely a warm weather scent.

In the vial, I got mint and maybe the hint of florals, as well as a shock of something alcohol-like. Maybe that was the eucalyptus.

Wet. the mint faded and "felt" like it moved into the background. You know, in a 'late to hit the nose menthol-y' kind of way. Again, I suppose this is eucalyptus. Tangled up in it was a soft, sweet floral which must be the lotus. I thought it was honeysuckle, but it's even sweeter than that. I was just hoping it didn't turn into rose. There was definitely a frosty, chill scent, too. The "air" others have mentioned, which I'm guessing is the ozone. I've had good luck with the ozone/aquatics I've tried, this far. It had a very powerful throw in this stage.

As it dried, it faded, over the course of three or four hours, until it was just a very skin-level, soft lotus scent. Nicely done, Beth. Nicely done.

This was lovely mint and eucalyptus at first, slushy and frozen the way I hoped Wolf Moon would stay. But I'm a moron and overlooked "lotus" in the description -- one again it had its evil way with me, sweetening the eucalyptus unbearably, and my wrist ended up smelling like a mentholated cough drop. Onto another home with this imp, and back to Ultraviolet for my mint/eucalyptus fix.

I was fortunate enough to get this from an Ebay auction that I won. :D

Bottle, this smelled wonderful. Of mints and chilled air.

Wet, the same as it was in the bottle! YES! I love mints and it tends to love me back in a big way. :P

Drying down, this smooths out and becomes a more creamy mint, with a splash of eucalyptus and florals, I'm guessing the lunar oils coming out to play since I smell them in every Lunancy blend I've tried. This stays fairly crisp and clean hours later. I was typing and was totally absorbed when I caught a whiff of something that was really nice. It sort of brings to mind a bit of Nuclear Winter. The way it's a chilled scent.

I sort of crave a mint martini in a frosted glass now. It's wonderful for those clear nights where you go stargazing with a loved one. It's a bit cool outside and you snuggle closer, content to let the silence and the beauty of starlight wash over you as they twinkle down and the city lights blink.

In Bottle: An aquatic mint

On Skin: Oh goody, this seems very unique. I get an instant refreshing pick me up from the first whiff, that’s the eucalyptus and mint. I normally am not a fan of minty scents, but mixed with the sweet lotus they become almost candied mints here. I love this, oh yes, I must find a bottle. It reminds me of peppermint gum since it’s sharp and minty, but also so very sweet and even a little creamy. This scent would smell good on anyone I think, and is gender neutral for sure. It does evoke a chilly and frosty mood, but nothing overwhelming like Vicks Vapor Rub or medicinal at all thankfully (like Numb). It is also very clean smelling and has a slight floral/aquatic note but I can’t pin down the notes that might be causing that. I do smell the traditional lunar oils that I can usually pick out in the Lunacy blends. They seem comforting and soft… Lunacy scents do seem to be my favorite comfort scents and the one thing they almost all have in common are the “lunar oils” so I’m assuming they are ones responsible for that wonderful feeling. This scent is a hit for me, and unlike any other scents I wear often so I like the change. Bravo Beth!

Wow, I love this one. It is rather ephemeral; it only lasts maybe two hours or so. That's my only gripe. It has a beautiful frigid note, with a cool blast of mint. I can also detect the hint of eucalyptis, and the lunar oils beneath it all. I love the lunar oils in the colder scents very, very much. It is also rather sweet too, in a crisp, cold way. I do love it. It's very subtle too- it stays very close to my body, it doesn't waft out and bug people. For me, a 4.5 out of 5 because I do wish it lasted longer. I like Cold Moon a wee bit better but this is incredibly good too.