Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Frost Moon

The chill, crystal-bright Full Moon that is harbinger to the death of the year, and a monument to the snowy, dead months to come. A blend of traditional lunar oils frozen with winter mints, shivering eucalyptus, clear lotus, a gust of wind, and a midnight aquatic note.

I ended up trying and wearing this on New Year's Eve. Cold night (well by 2 AM) and cold scent!

I love the mint tones, as they smell just like self dried spearment from my garden. =)

Wet it's sharper, and beyond the spearment it smells, just COLD. Like a night in NH when there's been a foot of snow on the ground for quite some time, and it's just purely frigid outside. Deep snow with a thick crunchy crust.

Kind of how I pictured the outside to smell from the book Owl Moon

As I wear it, the cold smell recedes a bit, still lightly present, but not overpowering. Thus the mint is allowed to come out and play- ending up smelling like a cold night in front of the fire with a cup of Mint Tea in hand.

If you don't like mint, I'd say stay away from it, as that's the predominant note for me.

True love of a scent in a bottle. I really love the lunar blends. For some reason they REALLY agree with me. I can't wait until my Wolf Moon comes, and I want Cold Moon to arrive so I can purchase it from someone since I missed it!!!!

Frost Moon in the bottle is a lovely mint - cool and soft, with a bit of a herbal tone to it.

On my skin, it is minty and a bit sweet, but chilly. It is definitely the smell of frost. The mint notes aren't gum or candy mint - it is a soft, cool mint that isn't too sharp. Very lovely.

However, both times I have tried this one, after only 5-10 minutes, the mint is completely gone and I am left with the herbals and that bit of a soapy smell. I am really not sure about this one. I really like it at first, but once the mint is gone, it just isn't my favorite. I think Blue Moon is a better choice for me.

This is such a beautiful scent! It reminds me so much of my Chaos Theory! It must be the lotus and the aquatic note...

The mint is very soft. It reminds me of buttermints that they always have at weddings. The lotus is also very soft. I'm not a eucalyptus lover, but it barely comes through at all. As for the aquatic note, and the wind note...they are there....but nothing is overwhelming in this oil. Very beautiful.

EDIT: I changed the colour - Aquamarine doesn't work on the lo-tech site. --Shollin

Initial Sniff: Mmmmm... this is Blue Moon frozen. Icy and beautiful! The mint is what makes it smell so very cold, I think... this is the smell of a night where it is so cold it almost hurts to breathe, but you cannot bear to seek shelter inside because the gorgeous path of moonlight across the pure white snow calls you forward.

Wearing: Again, like frozen Blue Moon! No one note is predominant and as it wears, it just mellows without changing too much or fading. Whatever is in this works on my skin, but like I said, I just can't pick out any individual notes.

Final Impressions: I keep reaching for this perfume in the morning even though I have dozens that require reviewing! It is wintery and gorgeous and I love it!

frost moon oh how I love thee....

in the bottle, wet and dry were all pretty much the same. It smelled light and mminty mmmmmm like melt away mints too too yummy and good, a direct opposite of my normal drak, red, heavy scents.

Cool mint and a tiny hint of eucalyptus at first.

As these notes burn off (and they do so quickly), an odd burning rubber smell takes hold, which, I think, is lotus. Although my nose is quite sharp, I've never been able to identify lotus in a blend but this could be it.

The burning rubber fades within a few minutes to a very light floral with an aquatic undercurrent which lasts most of the day, although the floral fades first and the last note remaining is aquatic.

Pleasant, calm and cool, very light green/blue in tone; I don't usually go for 'cool' blends but this is nice and refreshing.

I'm going to save this for summer I think because I tend to like warmer, more comforting scents in the winter and the mint/eucalyptus rush was a little too bracing at six this morning...

At first sniff - frosty! That cold wet scent of slush and pine and mountains, everything perfectly agreeable to my nose. Drying down - is that mint? Yes. I'm smelling some mintyness here, like ice breaker gum. I'm not too fond of mint scents ever since Jabberwocky tried to kill me. Oh, curse you, mint! Alas, Frost Moon, we could have been such good friends, but then you went all minty. Not for me, better luck next time.

Ok, first, I heart mint! (Cathode and Ultraviolet!)

Things that have been said of Frost Moon that are true: Yes, Blue Moon with frost on it, and YES! it is a candy cane kind of mint....

This didn't move me until I got enough of it...I got an aromatherapy diffuser locket today, and dumped a bunch of FM on cotton, and it's been wafting directly into my nose ever since...and the mint to floral drydown thing (which is also nice) hasn't happened because it hasn't dried!

So, if I put this on my skin, AND wear the locket, I get both wet and dry...mint and floral and whatever the lunar oils are ...(whatever all the Moon scents share.) ..I love it. I just got Cold Moon, and Frost Moon is far colder, I think....

Ice Blue, right?

Frost Moon... how I :P thee.

This is EXACTLY what I hoped and prayed 'Frost Moon' would smell like. Frosty, minty, cool, fresh, clean, and... a little floral. Just a wee bit. Even though it seemed like a light scent in the bottle, once it was on my skin, it really changed. It became much stronger, much richer, and downright alluring.

Best of all...

It reminds me very much of an incense I used to burn called 'Snow Fall'. A long time ago, Pier One used to carry a line of incense that was not their own brand... and I loved every one of those scents. When 'Snow Fall' was discontinued, I was heart broken. 'Frost Moon' is 'Snow Fall', in a bottle. I am SO happy!!!

Why oh why must I fall head over heels for the limited edition scents?

:D

-Leslie

Edited by MissAnthropy

Well, I really didn't think I would like Frost Moon, and... I was right.

Naturally, I had to buy it so I could try it, since I figured some people would like it, however it just doesn't work for me. I'm not really the minty-scent kind of girl. Frost Moon makes me think of those Andes mints. I feel like I should be eating this oil instead of wearing it.

I have to note that it's wonderfully crafted, icily minty. It's very crisp, like walking across ice cold mint leaves and snow. Definitely a very unisex fragrance. Hats off to the Lab for this one, but it's still one of those "nice, but not for me scents." I'll be thinking about whether I should use it as a room scent, or if I should just sell my bottle, because I feel a bit bad using such a fine oil for, say, air freshener when there might be some lady out there who would strangle live chickens for more Frost Moon.

-doreen

Edited by feline.by.design

This is great! Like others have said: it reminds me a lot of Blue moon but as Blue moon is too aquatic for me, this one is much better. I love the mint/frozen feel of it. Also the lasting power is great and I ended up with my nose in my armcrock all evening and by BF declared me nuts :P

This will be a good early spring scent, with flowers popping out of the snow...

To me, this makes me think that my bottle of mouthwash and my bottle of honeysuckle perfume have both turned over and mixed together. Interesting. After dry down it lost a little mint. Ok- not totally me, but it is ok.

Frost Moon is amazing. The top note is mint, but it's a soft, sweet mint. Underneath the mint and eucalyptus, I can smell sweet aquatic-floral notes. As the mintiness dissipates, the sweet florally-whatever comes out to play. I don't usually care too much for aquatic scents or eucalyptus, but there's something in Frost Moon that draws me to it. Is it the lotus? In any case, I'm so glad I got a bottle of this.

Note: There's Eucalyptus in this? :D :P I smelled more Eucalyptus in "Twilight"... Hmmm.... Methinks my nose is all wonky....

In the imp: Rich, cool, buttery, yet floral mint.... Me likey, me likey muchly. There's more than one mint varietal in this... I detect some spearmint, maybe some apple mint to lend that sweet slightly creamy note... OOOH Yummi.... No Eucalyptus yet....

On me: Swiped on wrist wet: Warm creamy mint with just a bite of crisp coolness (maybe THAT's the Eucalyptus???) And there's a slightly floral note, I believe that's the Lotus behaving like mint flowers rather than the foliage of the plant.

Drydown: one to five minutes: The cool note is coming to the forefront with the warm creamy floral of the mint/Lotus combination supporting it.... LOVELY!!!! The description is dead on.... Except for the Eucalyptus which seems to only be lending a feel rather than a scent... OH what a perfectly cuddly scent on a day like today!!! Like sitting by your window, watching a snow storm your face close enough to the glass to feel the radiating cold with a cup of steaming hot cocoa and candycanes in your hand, while the radiator hisses away making you warm and toasty......... Must have bottle!!!!

-Miriam

Initial Impression:

Strong juicy fruit gum note bathed in crisp mint

After Wearing It:

First on, I smell soft mint, eucalyptus and orange, which is oddly pleasant. I usually associate mint-orange combos with that awful taste you get in your mouth when you try to drink juice or eat hard candy too soon after brushing your teeth. But this was sweet and nice. Slightly medicinal, but not too much. Overtime the lotus bloomed out, making the blend even sweeter. But it never drowns out the mint, so the blend remains clear and sparkling.

Despite the mint, this didn't smell frosty to me. A touch cool maybe, but not sharp enough to feel really cold. But then that's fine with me as I'm not fan of the cold! Ice is horrible in my opinion, so the lack of it here doesn't really disappointment.

Final Thoughts:

Very nice! Probably not something I'll wear often, but it's very beautiful and a gem in my collection.

I normally don't go for mint at all, but I really liked this. It's cold and clean and the mint doesn't take over, it just brings out a lot of the more subtle herbal and floral notes.

Frost Moon is now my all-time favorite scent. It is the perfect mint for me.

Right away there is a clear, sharp mint. It's not a sweet mint, but a more green and fresh mint note. As it dries, more green creeps in, the scent of lotus and ecualyptus making it fuller and more rounded. There's a chill to it, as if these notes are surrounded by ice.

I can't say enough good things about this scent. It is so beautiful, cold and bright.

At first, I thought I would like Frost Moon because of its gentle mint.

Sadly, the eucalyptus devoured the other scents and then faded into aquatic slush.

After a while, this scent was vaguely watery with a green edge of eucalyptus.

Frost Moon definitely didn't agree with me but I am sure it will find a good home elsewhere.

In bottle: Eucalyptus, mint and...coconut? I swear I'm not crazy! I only get that hint of coconut for the tiniest second, and then it's gone. I can't detect specifically what's in here besides the mint and eucalyptus, but I can feel it as a vague floral. Oooo, this is a cold fragrance. It makes me shiver.

On me: It's so chilly. The peppermint dominates, but the lotus follows closely. It's an unusual combination, quite light, and instantly brings images of blades of grass completely covered in frost. For some reason my mind continues to think coconut, even though I don't really smell that note.

First sniff: Thanks to sihaya09 for the decant! Frost Moon has a fantastic minty chill to it. I can’t for the life of me remember why I didn’t order this.

Wearing: Clear and cold, very pale blue. An ice-princess scent. It went oddly floral over the course of the evening, but still beautiful.

In the bottle: Cool and minty…very nice.

Wet: Oh, this is lovely. It smells like mint chewing gum and eucalyptus. Everything is lovely and cold. There is a sweetness to it but so far it’s not overpowering. I hope it stays like this.

Drydown: It’s faded a bit. It’s still minty and cool but the sweetness is getting louder every second.

Later: URGH. The sweetness is now headache inducing. Are none of the lunacy oils going to work on me? :P This is awful. Whatever “lunar oils” are, they seem to not like me (which means that Cold Moon will probly hate me too). BUM. :D :D

:P I really didnt expect to like this as much as I do from the description. This is very close to the smell of Ice Queen but without so much musk. Its crisp, invigorating. I can feel the mint and Eucalyptus, very beautiful. Its something I could justify slathering all over myself in the summer just to feel the cool breath of snow on my skin. Lotus and I don't usually agree, but in this blend it works. I really can see myself wearing this alot.

This must be attack of the lotus - I've never tried a lotus blend before, but now I totally understand what you guys are saying about musty bubblegum.

I didn't buy this initially and was so sad I missed out. I've been searching for a blend that smells something like buttermints (snowblind, where are you?) I love Cold Moon and am okay with Wolf Moon, so I was hoping this blend would work on me.

The top notes are a lovely mint that I'm really enjoying, but underneath there's this nauseating candy smell. Based on other comments, its got to be lotus. Oh Frost Moon, I had such high hopes for you but off you go to another home.

I too am now convinced that lotus is the devil.

I don't know if it's listed for this scent, but I've decided it is the note that is the absolute worst on me, bar none.

Frost Moon was delightfully minty and aquatic in the bottle and upon initial application.

But the drydown was way too floral on me - a heady, sweetish floral, which I'm pretty sure is the lotus. The strong mint balanced this somewhat (I think Wolf Moon has the same or a similar note that without a strong balancer was outright horrible on me), but not enough.

Since this had become another one of my obsessions - where I convince myself that the LE I missed out on would have been THE ONE - I'm so glad that I was finallly able to swap for a decant in order to try it.

I may not have my dream mint scent, but at least I can sleep at night now.

At the present moment, I am loving this scent. I have been allergy/sinus sick for almost a week now and Frost Moon is the only scent that I can smell. This is such a nice wintery scent. I have to say in the aromatherapy area, I can breath when I open this bottle. I need more for these icky days.

I also happen to love mint and eucalyptus. I will wear this as often as I can and I will definitely go scrounging for more.