Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
KatyC

Cozy scents

(Feel free to move this onto an existing thread, I was surprised I couldn't find a suitable one!)

What are your favourite scents for cozy days? Not sleep scents, to me they're a bit different (lavender, basically), but more like a wooly jumper in scent form.

Mine are Hesiod's Phoenix and Morocco.

I'm really hoping to hear of some that are currently available, but all coziness is welcome!

Dragon's Blood and Tombstone are two of my favourite warming cozy scents. They both make me feel extra comfy and cheerful.

Anything with cedar in it gives me a feeling of coziness. The Small Brown Cat feels like a warm hug.

Autumn Overlooked My Knitting has that same feeling as well (the ambergris, perhaps).

O and Lights of Men's Lives definitely! Also in the GC, I find Brown Jenkin and Miskatonic University to be cozy--you don't necessarily expect that in the Lovecraft section, but they totally are, to me! From last year's Yules, Winter: My Secret, if you can find someone selling it.

Wolf's Heart is my #1 for coziness, hands down. Hygge in a bottle.

Musk, honey & amber are all cozy to me, so my main cozies tend to be sweet scents that feature those notes.

I second Morocco, O, Haunted, Wulric, The Small Brown Cat & Brown Jenkin.

I'd add The Little Wooden Doll, Coyote, Against Idleness and Mischief, The Cat, & Reapers Gonna Reap.

Edited by Teamama

I love coffee scents for coziness. Both of the current Coffee Buttercream scents are super cozy for me, as well as El Dia de los Reyes.

Seconding Haunted as well, musky amber amber feels like a cozy sweater. Others I like in that vein are Palmyra and Morocco.

I find I have a couple of different categories of cozy scents.

One category, that I particularly like on rainy, overcast evenings, consist of: (all sort of fougere and musk type scents, I guess? They are all in a similar vein to me)

Theodosius

Famine

Mad Hatter

Dorian

The Serpentine

Jareth

The other category all contain beeswax, which soothes my soul the same way a glowing candle does:

Bunraku Theatre

The Library of John Dee

This Wan White Humming Hive

Flickering Lantern

The Lights of Men's Lives

Bard (This is also light enough to wear to work when I need comfort)

Another category I find cozy is maybe linked by balsams/resins?

No. 93 Engine

Sarah, The Mother Bear

The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil (II)

La Lugubre Gondola

Palmyra

Lastly, I also find certain soft leather scents really cozy and comforting:

Hochelaga

The Arabian Dance

Dancing Koi

Unicorn and Ram

Autumn Overlooked My Knitting is probably the coziest BPAL scent I have ever smelled. COZY.

Autumn Overlooked My Knitting is probably the coziest BPAL scent I have ever smelled. COZY.

Just that name is so cozy, without even knowing the notes I need to try it!

I've been on a bit of a fuzzy/cozy/wool scent kick recently and thought I'd see if people have any recommendations in that vein. I love Rendezvous Behind the Rice Straws and also like Cozy Pumpkin Sweater and Cafe Au Lait and a Wool Blanket. I'm really interested in Two Sheep and Two Goats, as well. Are there any I'm overlooking? 

2 hours ago, feyofthefellwood said:

I've been on a bit of a fuzzy/cozy/wool scent kick recently and thought I'd see if people have any recommendations in that vein. I love Rendezvous Behind the Rice Straws and also like Cozy Pumpkin Sweater and Cafe Au Lait and a Wool Blanket. I'm really interested in Two Sheep and Two Goats, as well. Are there any I'm overlooking? 

Unicorn and Ram is a favorite cozy of mine. 

Edited by artisjok

Looks like Autumn Overlooked My Knitting is a wooly one, too! 
Haven’t tried it personally, yet looks delish.

Dead Leaves and Sugared Cardamom definately reads as a cozy scent to me.

I also love Velvet, the Sandalwood makes is very cozy to me.

I find Fulvous Snow to be a very comforting scent, it just feels soft, so I think it would qualify as cozy as well? I almost never wear it outside of the house, it's a very homey kind of scent to me, and I especially enjoy wearing it to bed, or if I'm settling in with a nice novel on a rainy day.

I like earthy, woody and beeswax/honey scents when I need comforting.  My current comforting scents are:

Coiled Serpent

Anne Bonny

Epidote Phoenix

Dark Rosaleen

Palo Santo and Sandalwood

Dragon Snugs

Kinoko

Monk and Actor

Luke 10:25 w/ O

V'al Hanissim

Terrae

Werepuppy (this is my current sleep scent) 

I like more herbally/grassy/foresty scents when I need soothing.  Are those different for y'all? 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:54 AM, biggnerd said:

I like more herbally/grassy/foresty scents when I need soothing.  Are those different for y'all? 

I find that green or foresty scents make me feel happy, not necessarily soothed, although it is admittedly a thin line! Actually, now that I think about it, many scents I find soothing and/or joyful tend to overlap, it really depends on my mood that day.

For comfort, I prefer wintery, evocative blends. Aside from Fulvous Snow, one of mine would be A Wild and Naughty Girl (although this one could easily veer into the 'sexy scents' category!), it just makes me feel like I'm in a cozy mountain cabin in the dead of winter, drinking bitter hot chocolate by the fire. 💜 V'al Hannisim would also qualify I think, it's just very warm and rich.