Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
forspecial_plate

Mischief Hair Gloss

Blood-spattered cotton candy.

I know some people are curious about this, so I'll give it a shot. I got it yesterday and wore it all day, applied twice, and wearing it today also.

The cotton candy comes in at the very beginning, but after a short while I found that the blood note took center stage. I am having trouble thinking of how to describe it. It's complex and incensey with hints of fruit or berry maybe? I do think there's some dragon's blood in there, but I did compare it to Dragon's Blood (gc) and Blood (gc) and it's definitely not floral like DB, and it's not clovey like Blood either.

I would describe the blood as rich, kind of juicy, a little sweet and fruity, and I think there might possibly be some red musk in there (I could be wrong about that). I can't wait to read some other reviews and opinions. I really like it! I could wear this with all kinds of different things, Mme Moriarty and Midnight on the Midway come to mind.

Edit: As the day goes by, I keep thinking, maybe I AM smelling the cotton candy note, more than I thought. Because this seems familiar but for some reason hard to describe. If so, it would be a more incensey cotton candy and not a straightforward sugary note. It is fab.....

Edited by Forspecial Plate

This blend is amazing! It starts with a blast of sugary sweet cotton candy, with juicy but somewhat vague red fruits playing in the background. It dries down to a somewhat fruity cousin of Pink Wig Spray, with a grounding base of the sweetest Dragon's Blood ever. If you are a fan of blends such as Dragon's Milk, Velvet Unicorn, and Pink Wig Spray, you will probably adore this hair gloss....

I get dragon's blood, red musk, and a touch of cotton candy. It's mainly a sweet red musk hair gloss on me. Good throw and wear length.

I don't get any identifiable cotton candy, alas. This is dragon's blood leaning toward musky carnation. It lasts well into second-day hair.

Anyone hoping this would smell like cotton candy or like Midway will be disappointed (as I am). I get cinnamon-spiced dragon's blood and a dry incense undertone. Nothing candy-like or reminiscent of cotton candy. The dragon's blood smells a bit floral and a bit like red wine. I don't like the sharp cinnamon at all.

Just sprayed/wet: I got strong allspice, and dragon's blood (I don't like this).

Drying: Spicy dragon's blood with a hint of cotton candy (cheering for cotton candy, hoping it gets stronger).

Dried: Dragon's blood and a hint of cotton candy (glad the allspice is gone, this is ok, still want a bit more cotton candy).

Edited by kscha2017

Hoping for more cotton candy, less dragon's blood!

The second I spray it, I think "holy shit that's good!". This is totally one of those "more than the sum of its parts" scents. I smell something rich and resinous, a little spicy, sugared (but in a sort of a caramelized way?) and seriously yummy. There's almost a pastry note to it. YUUUUM! I had to check and make sure I didn't spray the other foodie one instead! I love this. It smells like autumn in the warm-spicy-baked-goods kind of way, and makes me want a cookie something fierce. Not at all what I was expecting.

I got a 5ml of every single CD HG, and promised myself I could buy a full bottle once I used up the 5ml (I have never managed to use up a 5ml of HG in my life). Currently I think I will predict that this one goes first! It totally smells like something I can wear to work, and people may suspect someone is eating baked goods and not sharing, but they won't suspect someone is breaking the scent-sensitive policy... :cool:

Sorry to say, glad I started with a decant with this one. Sadly, I've had the same reaction as several other reviews - not really any cotton candy - more like a strange mesh of dragon's blood, carnation, with some sweetness, but on me it's still dry and kind of sharp. Not what I was hoping for but not horrible. I was really hoping more for something like Pink Wig Spray.

I have to admit, I wasn't particularly excited about this one - the notes aren't bad for me but they're not my faves. Then I happened to buy a decant secondhand on a whim and oh boy! I'm glad I did! This is really nice. It's sweet and heady, starts out all fruity candy deepened by the tang of blood. As it settles, a spicy note emerges - carnation? It's really lovely.

This reminds me very slightly of Blood Popsicle, which is an exciting realization cuz I love that blend and I've never had a hair gloss that really goes with it. I tried them together and Mischief is MUCH sweeter, but I feel like it really compliments the more cologne-like feeling of Blood Popsicle. I'm unexpectedly in love with this combo!

Edited by threeofcups

ALL the red musk. I had to tone it down with some Snake Oil gloss, because red musk is a headache note for me. I hope it settles, because I was really keen for a more sweet/dragon's blood kind of feel.

Edited by Celrynnya

Ugh, this had a strong sharp bitter note that I couldn't stand. The sweetness is there but the bitter takes the stage and wafts around minacingly. I've added some Eat the Strawberries to help pump up the sweet factor, but the sharpness never really dulls enough for my taste. Disappointed

This gloss is more heavy on the blood, light on the cotton candy. It has more of an allspice and dragon's blood smell, lightened up w/ the sweetness of sugar. So if you were looking for super sweet vanilla sugar, this isn't it. It's like  going into an incense shop while eating a snickerdoodle cookie. But I must say, the staying power and throw are amazing, every little movement of hair brings the scent to me. 

I feel like the previous poster nails it. This feels like going to an incense shop while eating a snickerdoodle cookie, while maybe wearing Strawberry Dragon HG that is faintly sticking around.

First spray I get cinnamon and blood. Mostly cinnamon, backed by something dragon's blood-ish.

When it dries, I'm getting the above plus carnation.

So.. spicy blood hair gloss? No cotton candy, unfortunately. 

I love this, sugary cotton candy with faint traces of dragon's blood and some spices. Cotton candy starts out as the main note, but eventually the dragon's blood and incense like notes get stronger. I'm sure this would be a good compliment to blood themed perfumes, but this is definitely super sweet so it might not work with them all.

Love that it's GC as well! 

I finally blind bottled this one from the Lab and I'm so glad that I did! This is a great blend of dragon's blood, red musk, a hint of spice, and cotton candy! It really reminds me of Blood Popsicle with cotton candy added to make it sweeter.  Over time, it really doesn't morph in my hair, and I continue to smell the cotton candy along with the other notes. It doesn't last in my hair as long as my other dragon's blood or red musk blends do, but that's ok.  Very happy with this bottle!