Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Empyreal Mist

A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

I can't quite put my finger on what Empyreal Mist is all about. It's floral and herbal, for sure, and yes, it is misty...but wow, it's much stronger than I imagined. Lovely, but definitely not my cup of tea, and kind of gives me a headache. To the swaps!

In the Bottle: Wet flowers, touch of orange.

Dry: Wet flowers, air, and a breeze over an orange freshly fallen from the tree. Pretty!! I will consider big bottle for this.

Sniffing the imp: I smell white tea, a floral (maybe cherry blossom, only because of the name of the scent, although I would have guessed honeysuckle) and something fruity (although that could be the cherry in the cherry blossom!)

Wet on wrists: Still white tea and something quite fruity, almost pear-like.

Drier: The pear scent is still the most prominent and I really like this. I have no idea if it is pear or not (as I have yet to get a SN of pear) but I am imagining it smells like this. :P

Dry: Soft, white, breezy, beautiful fruity floral. I have no idea of the ingredients but I love this. I had two and swapped one for something else I wanted to try. But luckily, I got through imps slowly, so will definitely use this one up and then get a bottle.

Edited by Lori

In the imp: Tea and citrus and sweet.

On, wet: About the same, really. Some floral, maybe, peeking out.

Later: It's hard to really describe this one. Definitely a fresh/green tea sort of scent, with a little floral, a little sweetness. Almost fruity, but not quite. It's really nice, whatever it is. :P;

Its light, clean, green, leafy. Not terribly exciting though. This scent evokes an image of a small pool somewhere in a very lush forest. I like this scent, just not enough to wear.

a review of Empyreal Mist

Vial ~ soft and sweet, not overwhelming at all. A very clean tea scent.

Wet ~ still very light, but not as sweet, very soft almost undetectable on

my skin.

Drying ~ As it dries, a green scent comes out, taking over the delicate

tea scent.

Dry ~ Soft green scent, very close to undetectable, I have to find it on

my skin, only because I know where I applied the fragrance. But I am also

able to detect a very soft berry scent.

Fade ~ It does not have much throw and it does not last too long on me, but

then again, I didn't apply much on me. Maybe if I slathered it might last

longer.

Final thoughts ~ This scent is so soft, not sure if this one is for me,

only because I would need to really slather this one on me. On a scale of

1 to 5, I would have to give this one a 3.

Edited by Sistinas

In the Vial : I barely smelled anything, I really had to concentrate and I could swear that I smelled cherry blossoms.

On my skin: Suddenly becomes a LOT stronger. I'm very much thinking this does indeed have white tea in it, because I have it in one of my commercial perfumes and it smells very much the same. It also has a greenness to it, but only slightly. It also smells slightly wet. But the white floral is prominent.

Overall: I really like this!! Gorgeous scent. I decided to try it on a rare rainy day and it floats perfectly with the smell of rain. Very nice.

Vial: Nice crisp fruity/green smell.

Wet: Floral with a hint of fruit - blackberry?

Later: Ew. It suddenly went sickly sweet on me. Shame, it started so well.

Wow. Interesting. Really hard to put my finger on, though. It's light, yet sharply and greenly floral, but not traditionally so. Tea, perhaps? But doesn't have the lemon tang that so many BPAL tea scents do. Breezy. Fresh. Surprisingly strong. Huh. Reminds me of some other product. A hair spray, perhaps? Unfortunately, none of these are qualities common to a scent I'd normally wear. I appreciate the sniff, but I think I'll be passing on this one.

I hate descriptions that don't include components, and wouldn't have looked at this without having a chance to sniff an imp. Mostly, what I get from this is a light tea scent with a bit of citrus that fades fairly quickly. (The citrus fades quickly, that is; I have trouble with Beth's citrus notes not lasting on me.) It's pleasant enough and would make an excellent warm-weather scent, but I don't know if it's all that different from Embalming Fluid. I really need to do a comparison of all the tea scents I've collected and pick the top 2 or 3 to keep!

This is a nice scent, a bit aquatic and sweet, and stays very true to the bottle-scent all the way through drydown. Unlike most aquatics on me, it doesn't turn weird.

Unfortunately, after awhile I start to think that it smells like it could be some sort of household cleaner with a name like "Spring Rain" or "Mountain Breeze." Not for me.

This is so pretty. Very wispy, sweet, and soft.. I can't pick out all the notes, but it smells very familiar. I do get a tiny bit of citrus and tea. but its mainly just very sweet

In the bottle - Lemons and something green, like freshly cut grass.

Wet on me - Much the same as in the bottle. Very clean smelling, to the extent of being similar to air freshner.

Dry on me - Fades very quickly leaving the tiniest edge of lemony powder. This blend is really not me at all.

At first, this smells very green. Not quite herbal, but what you'd imagine the metaphorical scent of grass and dew to smell like. Not the actual scent, because it's quite sweet. The sharp note is gone after a few hours, and this smells sweet, green (in a sweetgrass sort of way) and lightly musky with a bit of tea. It's like the dissipating mist. I think I like both stages, even though I like the second one a bit less.

Empyreal was a frimp in my last order, and deffinately not something I would have tried on my own accord.

This is florals, slight citrus and a hint of medicinal herbs.

The herbs and citrus are really nice, but the floral goes all soapy on my skin.

Empyreal Mist is very pretty, but deffinately not for me.

Imp: sweetness/freshness.

Wet: hazy, soft, veiled, it's all there... along with a hint of lemon and melon.

Drydown: it's still sweet and diffuse. "Mist" is also accurate in that it feels that way, a scent lingering, rather than a drift of fresher air. I wonder if there might be a bare hint of violet or lilac, or lychee? Even the lemon is diffusing away, and it reminds me a touch of dryer sheets.

Worn: still sweet, still gentle, and quite possibly the sort of thing to make me nap whether I like it or not. Rather than an overt throw, it just wafts now and again, faintly salty perhaps, definitely soporific.

Conclusion: this seems like a good scent to relax to; it doesn't make demands. I'm tempted to make the rimp into a spray for linens, except I wonder about losing its effect with diluting it. It also seems as though it would be good for wearing somewhere like work, where you want to wear a little something but not have too much throw or potency, as long as you aren't at risk of falling asleep. Mmm, sleep... with this and Baku as frimps, did the Lab know I needed a nap? I'm glad to have tried it and will try it again outside on a rainy day, though in this category, The Hesperides is once again the winner of the Celebrity Death Match.

Edited by melange

In the bottle: Sweet, juicy orange fringed with florals.

On my skin: Not as strong as it was in the bottle now after application.

Later on: Disappeared.

This is a very soft and sweet scent.

Wet on me: Very subtle ... or perhaps hazy is the right word. Clean tea fragrance with a green hint to it.

Drydown: Stays true to the smell when wet. Still very light and quite relaxing.

It's very lovely but it doesn't seem to have staying power on my skin.

From the imp, it's very soft, aquatic, and sweet. When I put it on, something a bit more floral peeks out, and the sweetness subsides. The floral note doesn't overpower the rest, and the aquatic note stays in the background. I like this, but I have to be careful because it has very strong throw on me and lasts for quite a while. If I put too much on, it gives me a headache.

wow! i wasn't sure what to expect from this one and it's prettier than i thought it would be. it's very "fresh".. clean.. i think i smell green tea and a light floral note.

There aren't any notes listed, but this seems like something I'd like, and the name's really cool, too. It was soft in the vial, but I couldn't pick out actual notes until I put it on. I'm getting green tea and pale flowers, very soothing and calm. This is Shanghai with more flowers than just honeysuckle. Definitely misty-soft and barely there, but when I smell it, I have to smile. 8/10.

This really appealed to me in the bottle - very light and airy. It smells just as it's described on the Lab's website. Unfortunately, when I put it on I got a headache, so I'll need to swap this to someone who doesn't share my sensitivity to what's probably an ozone or aquatic note.

ITB: sweet and crisp, citrussy.

On: something in here is reminding me of the linden blossom in The Unicorn, which means that I love this! It does have a bit of a sharper edge to it than The Unicorn.

Dry: If I hadn't already discovered The Unicorn, I would be head over heels for this one. On me, the two are extremely similar, with the Unicorn being just a bit sweeter, which I like. But this is an extremely close second, and may even be better for the summer months.