Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Empyreal Mist

A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

In bottle: Candy? Very, very sweet. Light floral - seems like rose to me - soaking in a vase so that the fragrance is somewhat watery. It reminds me a bit of Rose Red.

On me: I definitely get a green floral note from this. It's very fruity; I smell the apples another forumite mentioned with the slightest hint of lemon zest. I do adore this scent! It has inate familiarity to it, and there's nothing overbearing about it.

On me, Empyreal Mist smells like a spring bouquet, with an added fruity note. We can't place the fruit; the closest guess so far is my husband's suggestion of honeydew melon. Unlike some other forum members I don't get a whiff of lemon from Empyreal Mist, which is an unexpected pleasant surprise since the other lemony scents I have tried so far (Eidolon, Namaste) have fairly screamed lemon on me.

I may need a big bottle of this one.

Empyreal Mist

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This is light, airy and a bit citrusy.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This lightens dramatically. Very wispy, very light and airy, and the citrus scent is gone.

Throughout the Day (10am-Noon): Completely gone by noon, except for my skin – my skin still holds a wispy, light, fresh and airy scent. When The Lab says soft, they’re not kidding. ‘Twas lovely while it lasted. Mayhaps I’ll use it as a meditation blend.

WOW. Who would have known I'd love this so much? I don't usually go for light or floral scents.

It starts out a green, white floral..extremely hazy, light, wispy..basically everything the description says. Gorgeous. Despite the floral green-ness, it is in no way sharp- it's EXTREMELY soft. As it wears on my skin, a very faint fruitiness comes out but this in no way smells fruity. It's still very clean.

You know what..? It's not even worth describing the notes. This is one of those singular experiences where a blend perfectly captures a certain mood and the notes don't matter, regardless of whether or not you like them.

Yay for Empyreal Mist! :P

Oooh, this is soft and light, the description is perfect. I'm smelling possibly green tea and other stuff I can't identify. As I'm wearing this softens even more, if that's possible, and becomes even more pale and delicate.

This is an extremely well-blended oil, and it's difficult to pick out individual notes. It's a pale gree sort of scent, very soft and wispy. Honestly, adjectives do this more justice than description. It's lovely, almost like being surrounded with pale green organza.

You know the smell of a fresh cut flower stem? Not the flower, but the stem, where you've cut it. To me, this is what Empyreal Mist smells like. It's soft and light. Slightly floral but only slightly so to my floral disliking nose.

I don't think I would order a larger bottle of this, but it's certainly a "use up the imp and be happy if I get it as a freebie in the future" blend. :P

Edit: The more I smell this on me, the more it begins to remind me of this little bottle of CK's Eternity that I had as a kid and loved. How weird.

Edited by Serenity

Empyreal Mist

In the bottle: lovely warm grassy scent. Smells like a grassy perfume, not pure grass. Sweet and warm.

Wet, on skin: Very light. I'm getting much more of a Houston spring sense than anything in twilight. I'm getting mid-day sun in New York spring. It reminds me a lot of a Gap fragrance my friend used to wear. I can't really identify any notes in this. The grass subsides a bit on my skin. A sweet young maiden in a countryside somewhere. Clean and crisp.

1.5 Hours on skin: Very faint now. I have to inhale really deeply to smell anything. It's a sweet perfume (not like candy-sweet, but baby/puppy/innocent-sweet). It's very light, and inoffensive. I don't usually like sweet, innocent scents like this, but this one is good. It's true to its name -- wispy mist.

Drydown: Gone!

Conclusion: Not bad for a light fragrance, perhaps for the summer when it's hot outside and you don't want something too overbearing.

Edited by Shollin

Origin:

Lagniappe from the Lab. :P

Preconceived notions:

I've actually been debating trying this one for quite a while but couldn't decide if I should order it or not, so I'm lookin forward to trying it. :D

First sniff:

Ooh, I like this! I'm not quite sure how to describe it. Green comes to mind, as does dandelion stems, incense and early morning mist and it's somehow a combination of all of those things for me. It's definitely very green, but green like the smell when you walk outside into the grass very early in the morning when the ground is wet with dew and there's a fog hanging in the air. It's also somehow like a very light incense smoke and I can only catch that portion fleetingly.

Wet on skin:

Gorgeous! I smell gorgeous green grass and morning dew. This is exactly like when I went to summer camp and we would wake up with the sunrise and take early morning walks through the meadows on the edges of the woods. This is very light on me and seems to be fading already but it's so calming and tranquil and happy smelling. Very light and unoffensive.

Dry down:

Empyreal Mist changes character ever so slightly as it dries, becoming more like...well, like the way grass blades taste when you chew them if that makes sense. That same elusive faint smoky scent also make a comeback but I still can't pin it down. It's familiar, but I don't know what it is. Mist is the perfect word for this scent. Empyreal Mist is a morning hike through dew-covered grasses with the morning chill raising goosebumps on your arms.

The bottom line:

The Lab outdid themselves with the lagniappe in this order. I may very well be getting a bottle of this in the very near future even though this fades extremely fast on me. :D

First sniff from the bottle- Green and clean.

After 10 minutes- This smells very similar to Macchu Piccu. Like awaphui shampoo....and kiwi...and green tea.

After 30 minutes- I smell like I just took a shower. Kiwi is dominate in the one.

Summery- Too fruity and green for me. Off to swaps!

I can't pick what notes are in here, but I'm so in love with this scent. It starts sweet without being cloying, and dries down to a lovely light sweetness with just a slight hint of spiciness. It's divine. I've worn it 3-4 times now and I still love it. :P I see a 5ml of this in my future...

Initial Sniff: It's crisp pale green, it's sweet floral, it's just the tiniest hint of fruit... fresh and ethereal and beautiful.

Wearing: I wish I could pick out some of the notes in this. I think there might be sweet pea in here, but beyond that, I'm stumped. The drydown is almost identical to the smell in the bottle - the green loses a bit of the crispness and it sweetens just a bit, but other than that it is true on my skin.

Fianl Impressions: A beautiful, sophisticated, universally appropriate sort of scent. I really love this one!

Edited by paperdoll

First Impression: Very green, and very floral.

Second Impression: For some reason, it reminds me of Ireland. Lush green grass, fog , mist and mossy castles. It smells very cool, and clean...bu not soap clean, more like an outdoors-y clean.

Final Impression: I really like this one. It makes me feel happy and fairy tale like :P

Empyreal Mist:

All I can say about Empyreal Mist is that I suspect that this is exactly what heaven smells like. White and green, light and sweet. Perfect.

Soap =( Sharp green, then soap (the florals perhaps?). I wish I could say more, but this scent was a muddle to my nose.

Vial: Wet, tangy, light floral

Wet: Tangy, slightly green, but the floral is coming on strong. The floral is light perfumey, but not heavy.

Dry: Now there's more greenery, the floral isn't as strong anymore, but there's the same tangy scent in the air also.

It reminds me of Embalming Fluid, but Embalming Fluid with florals. There's something light & airy about it, & it also complements nicely with Aizen-Myoo, which is on my other wrist.

in the imp, it's sweet, almost shampoo-ey. and i think i smell fruit.

wait! i know this scent! it's loreal kids apple blossom shampoo!

sadly, on me, it's not as sweet and apple-y (which is sad, cause i love that stuff), but it's still very faint and feminine.

In the bottle: Light, airy aquatic (yikes) with something slightly floral (smells like apple blossom to me) mixed in with it. It's hard to really pick out the different scents in this because it is really light and fresh. On it goes.

Wet: Apple blossoms. Slightly sweet but very light and with a subtle tart edge to it. There's also something else in it that's like grass or some kind of herb. Very, very light, though. Hardly an afterthough of scent to it.

Dry down: I don't know if there really is any apple blossom in here or if it's just my mind interpreting the scent that way, but that's what it smells like to me. It's a slightly watery apple blossom scent, though. Like something you'd find in a candle or as dryer scents except that this lacks that aquatic note that always goes to fabric softener on my skin. It kinda smells like soap. It's a very clear smell if that makes any sense at all. It's a scent to wear when you want to smell like very little but you want to smell fresh and clean. It's a good light scent that's barely there.

Dry: Slightly apple blossoms scented soap. I haven't decided whether I like this or not so I'll have to keep it around for a few more trial runs. It is an interesting blend. It's just so faint, though.

I really wanted to love this one. But for some reason it smelled like laundry detergent in the vial. On my skin it just got stronger. I had to wash this one off, quickly.

In Bottle: Very green and crisp.

On Skin: Yum! Smells like bamboo and tea! Maybe even apple? I also smell some floral… not sure what… lily maybe? Very light and clean… very invigorating. So pretty and feminine. I would wear this on a warm sunny day, sit on a porch swing and drink lemonade.

Empyreal Mist bubbles and sparkles as a scent! I love this one so much. It is both soft and bright at the same time. Floral and aquatic... very ethereal! It makes me think of cheerful sprites and spirits. It's hard for me to describe in terms of specific notes...I just don't have the nose for it, unless there's something in it that I truly know. I think if I had to pick a color for it, it's a shimmery aqua blue or a blue/green irridescent...like those gorgeous cross dye silks that I love to sew with! It has a good lasting power, which is really nice!

I get the apple and bamboo that others have mentioned, too. This really isn't my type of scent - I never would have chosen it (it was a frimp), but I find I quite like it. Like astrid said, it does feel kind of blue-green, something both bright and soothing at once, liquid and air combined. Misty, even! Hee. I don't think I need a bottle of this, but I'm enjoying my imp.

Oh gorgeous. Is this pear? It smells like pear. Apple blossom? Very clean and delicate. Sweet, in a pale green way. I adore this. I wish it lasted a little longer on my skin, though.

My first impression was yellow flower buds. There's a green smell, and the feeling of fresh air. The longer I wear it, the more lemony the scent becomes. I'm not sure what the notes are, but it's very light and fresh. It's a definite morning scent.