Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Empyreal Mist

A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

Empyreal Myst smells crisp and sweet in the bottle, and on my skin it is the perfect light, feminine fragrance - sweetness, freshness and personality. Unfortunately, my skin devoured it! I put it on, realized it was undetectable, put it on again five minutes later, and barely smelled it until it vanished 45 minutes later. It's so sad...my skin keeps eating the Lab's best fragrances! :P

I'll still be getting it in a bottle and wearing it to bed - something this soft and delightful is perfect for sleeping, and I'll have faded away before it does!

This is a very light, refreshing scent of bamboo and white tea. In fact, on my skin, it smells like a dead ringer for Kumiho. Not my thing, but my daughter should love it. :P

In the bottle: Soap. Nice smelling soap but...yeah, soap.

Wearing: Okaay...not it smells like a soapy Kumiho...

And, after a few seconds- poof. It's gone. Ahh, too bad.

I'm really bad at identifying notes so bear with me. When I first opened the imp, it smelled unassuming. Fresh and light, but I couldn't really tell how. When I put it on my skin, it smelled absolutely wonderful. Fresh, crisp and juicy. It smelled like juicy pears, but not in an artificial way. It reminds me of when I would first bite into an asian pear: light, crunchy and refreshing. After a while, the pear is still there, but it's tempered with something else. Maybe the bamboo? or white tea? that people have mentioned. It makes it even better! A light subtle scent. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this!

ETA: Although it smelled wonderful, it doesn't last very long. On me it lasted about an hour.

Edited by roenim

this smells so familiar but i can't quite place it!

something from 89-93 ... and i can see the bottle, but i can't remember the name.

i remember buying it at Maurice's...

gah!

i'll remember later.

this is like F5's Mom or something... clean and happy.

white tea, asian pear, bamboo, ozone, Cave Springs water (its a North Georgia thing, just imagine the purest, most perfect ice-cold water flowing forth from a gorgeous, lush area), green tea, and some sort of green flower-- maybe a calla lily?

ever watch Lily Munster when she was getting ready to go to sleep, and she holds this big flower on her chest and lays down? i rather imagine this is how that flower smelled.

(and her, i guess, in her pink dress -- cuz pink films better than white :P )

a Mom-safe scent, gramma-safe, gift-friendly scent. enablers-r-us.

In the imp: Light, sweet, slightly fruity. Citrus? I'm leaning towards yuzu and white tea at the moment, but with something to blunt the yuzu, something floral.

On the wrist, wet: Clean, reminiscent of Dirty, which makes me think plumeria. The smell is very faint and the oil dries quickly.

On the wrist, dry: Again getting the scent of plumeria. This is very similar to Dirty, but subtly different. It's also making me think of something I used to use in the shower, but I can't quite place it. Probably something I can't afford anymore. :P

Final Analysis: I like this, it's definitely a keeper. I'll use up the imp and possibly buy a bottle. It's similar to Dirty, but more complex, definitely different enough that you couldn't substitute one for the other. Would make a great warm weather scent.

I was convinced this was going to be a winner. Alas...

wet - white cold water

dry - the water turns icy and then this pear jumps out turning the aquatic very sweet.

This fades way too fast on my skin. If it stayed the wet smell I would be in love - but dry - no.

Oh well, not like there aren't what - a billion other BPAL scents to try!

Light green scent infused with citrus and pale aquatics. I thought that note was Yuzu, but I don't know, maybe mandarin or pear. Ah... pear. That has to be it. A touch of vanilla perhaps, and something slightly anise very very far away. This fades quickly on me though. I'll try it again and see how it lasts.

Another very light throw blend. This one smells faintly aquatic ozone in nature. After drydown, it turns to cheap hotel soap on me though. :P

Wet: Lemons, as in freshly squeezed lemon juice.

Dry: Well, it smells like a vaguely ozoney mist. Very faint on my skin, even after heavy application. The ozone later turns to soap. :P

Hmm, lemon is correct!! A very light, pleasant scent. I do like this scent, although there is a ugly note in it that makes it smell strange after it has dried :P I can't describe it, maybe a chemical scent? My chemistry must suck. Lovely, but I've decided I don't like this after all

I have wrist space... !

In the imp, I smell ... kind of fruity. Pear and ... apple, but with floaty watery florals also. Already, I can think of a couple of people who would really take to this one (:

Wet on skin: apple, pear, something creamy ... something green tea-like? I'm quite taken! Light florals over the top, gently.

Dry on skin: there's something juicy but not overbearing about empyreal mist. I agree with those who have described the colour of this scent to be pale green. It would make a lovely spring/summer scent (: I definitely like it, I know of a few people who might be enabled by it too (:

Soft and perfume-y; not really my thing. I smell a bit of soft fruits mixed in the florals, but the Mist blends together on my like a department store perfume I had when I was younger.

It's pretty, but not really my type of perfume. Worth trying if you want to feel a bit more feminine and don't like a perfume with spice or musk.

To my nose, there is nothing hazy, soft, or misty about Empyreal Mist at all! It's a bright, bright fruity scent that reminds me of a slightly soapy version of The Body Shop's Mango/Peach shower gel. Delicious; I think this would be a perfect pick-me-up scent.

Fades superfast on me, though.

this was a frimp, i'll probably gift it since i'm not big on the lighter scents.

i had my little sister try this on - she thinks it's very light and airy. i can't smell it at all and my mother thinks it's slightly soapy. so! heh.

after about 30 minutes, the drydown reveals a buttery smell, though still very light. i'm not getting the florals/ozone/fruit at all. that said, i think the name's fitting...

i probably won't buy this scent for myself but my sister likes it - sounds like a good b-day present!

In the vial, it was sickly sweet and smelled almost like a chemical perfume-soaked lollipop. Way too harsh and artificial smelling to me

I was disappointed because the description was so lovely and it had such nice reviews, and this was one of the Imps I was looking forward to the most...But I figured that it would do much better on skin than in the vial so I tried it anyway.

YAY!

When I put it on, and it was still wet, the scent was very fresh, crisp and bright. GREEN and LEMONY come to mind. Almost soapy, but not quite. It was a bit too overpowering but it thankfully mellowed out quickly.

When dry, the crisp bright scent faded out and was replaced by an almost musky, but sweet scent. Not really fruity or sugary, but a sweet, ever so slightly floral scent. Apple blossom?? Plum? I don't know.

Final Fade: It is very light and summery, but with a hint of something dark and mysterious. I am reminded of summer nights when I was a teenager in NY : Sweet, innocent but still a little dirty. lol.

What bit of lemon or soap I smelled is completely gone and it has settled into something that I adore. I DEFINITELY want a big bottle of this.

--

Edit: After about 8 hours, the scent has nearly faded completely and is more of a misty, natural scent on the skin. Lingers just enough for me to know it’s there, but isn’t pronounced enough for someone to realize I’m wearing a scent. Anything remotely sweet is gone and it’s more of a nature-y, loamy, early dewy morning smell.

Still wonderful. I love this.

Edited by Muse

Wow... it's like I tried a different perfume altogether! This one sounded interesting to me base don all the reviews of a light, sweet scent. when I first put this on, it was like a very wet, ripe, sweet smelling fruit. It immediately started to get stronger - still in the fruity type of scent, but super sweet, and the scent seemed to just amp up... I liked the scent, but couldn't get away from it; the throw was incredible, and didn't fade for hours... It's a nice smell nitially, but this is just too overpowering for me.

This really is a lovely scent... truly. I got it as a frimp from the lab maybe a month and a half ago with my last order, and since then I've worn it a couple of times. It's one of those scents that tends to slip my mind most of the time, but I was digging around in my BPAL box last night for something I hadn't worn in a while, and I settled on this one, so I thought perhaps it was time to squeeze in a review.

Empyreal Mist is one of those blends that smells divine when it's on, but when you're not actually wearing it, it's tough to really recall what it smells like. I think the main reason for that is I honestly can't identify any of the notes and single them out. I tend to mentally organize my BPALs into categories... fruity, spicy, rosey, vanilla, lily-ish, et cetera... and Empyreal Mist defies that system so completely. However, if I had try to describe it, I'd probably call it "light and unassuming". It just smells "good"... not even really as if you are wearing perfume.

To me this is what it would smell like if you could bottle one of those little moments you have sometimes when you're walking in a park or some such on a clear spring day, wasting a little time, and for just a moment, you catch a hint of some wonderful smell on a breeze that you can't quite identify. It's like a mixture of modest flowers, fresh breezes, and perhaps a breath of fruit, yet not like any of those things. It's beautiful. Definitely one to try if you're looking for something understated and fresh to wear to the office without overpowering your co-workers, or a light scent to put on if it's hot out in the summer.

Ohhh this is just lovely. I agree with the above poster, Beth has managed to somehow bottle a sweet-smelling breeze!

When first applied it's green, green, green, but then quickly dries down into something deliciously fresh, light and crisp underscored my creamy florals and - I'm thinking - a little bit of lemon.

I think I've found my perfect everyday scent :P

This scent, like mist, is beautiful while it lasts, but evaporates quickly. We're talking 15 minutes and I can't smell it.

Hmm. This one really interested me so I bought an imp from another forumite. Sadly, there didn't seem to be a lot of "mystery" to it for me. It smelled like a high, powdery note of Sweet Tarts -- sort of generic-sweet and plasticky on my skin. But after about 20 minutes, it was gone like Keyser Soze.

It reminded me of a few white florals (White Moon, Snow-Flakes), or maybe some of the more subtle blends: my skin just eats them after a few minutes, and then there's nothing left. :P

Hmmmmm! This scent relly confuses me. To my nose....It's a compleley balanced mix between Fruity, Floral, ozone. But it doesn't switch between the 3, it's all 3 at once.

It's really fresh smelling (the fruit and ozone I suppose) but it's also very very soft at the same time (the floral). It's kind of like something a teenager would wear I think, like a body spray.

It IS very misty, as the name says...

There's not much throw with this one unfortunately, but it suits the oil. If it had alot of throw it would take away the whole "mist" element.

Overall, it's a soft but fresh, quite girly scent.

:P

In bottle: bright and clean and just a touch of sweet

Wet: much like the bottle

Dry: sweetness is resolving into florals of a rather nose-tingly sort.

Later: mildly sweet faint white floral, doesn’t get powdery.

Summary: I like this one and will certainly keep this imp and any others that come my way. I’m not sure it’s distinctive enough to make me want a bottle.