Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream.

In the imp: This is beautiful! I'm pretty sure I'm getting the sugared sweet pea with cream

Wet on skin: Sweet creamy floral. This smells delicious!

Dried down: Same. Still creamy and gorgeous.

Throw: This has a bit of throw on me, soft and sweet.

Verdict: ***** I need a bottle plus a backup, stat!

Sweet, sweet, SWEET!! In case you haven't figured this one is very sweet. Too much, so, in fact on me. After a bit, the sweetness quietens down somewhat, and I'm getting a creamy coconut along with what must be the SWEET pea. This was a tester imp, so I'm wondering if the blend will age into something like what I'm experiencing? I too, find this tropical now, like a Pina Colada, creamy coconut and fruit. This is definitely a big miss, though foody lovers may be all over this one.

eta: I also get the Snow White comparisons, though this is Snow White at the beach, covered in suntan lotion. Yep, this is the beach.

Edited by milo

Oh man, this so doesn't work for me. It's a sweet cherry blossom/sweet pea blend, with a creamy coconut overlay on me.

In alot of ways, it reminds me to BBW Cherry Blossom lotion.

So, too sweet and pink and sweet for me.

I chose a decant of this on a bit of a whim, owing to my love of creamy/milky scents in other bpal blends. I was more than a touch nervous about it, as normally florals and me don't get along.

In the bottle: oh, how sweet! And creamy! Vaguely reminded of making homemade strawberry shortcake with fresh whipped cream. It isn't strawberry, but the cherry blossoms are just so sweet as to almost read as the cherry fruit itself.

On me: Creamy goodness, staying sweet, but with the florals coming out to play a bit more. Engaged skeptical eye, ready to wash off, but not ready to give up just yet.

Drydown: Miracles happen! The florals mute a bit, but stay super sweet, and the creaminess doesn't die down at all.

This is unlike any other bpal I've ever had luck with (musks, ambers, spices, etc), and my first happiness with anything overtly floral. Springtime excitement!

Hot damn this is pretty. It smells pink...not sparkly pink, or hot pink just soft pink.

RV is creamy and sweet, fruity without smelling foodie or candy-ish.

Snow White did not work on me, but RV does. It also has decent throw and lasts about 4 to 5 hours on me. I do wish it lasted a bit longer.

Sweet Pea is the star in this blend. The listed note of sugared cream is very accurate. This smells like Sweet Pea meets sugar and cream. The cherry blossom is there too only hiding in the back.

After a few minutes I get a strong coconut association, along with a light pretty vanilla breath throughout. It's very very pretty. :wub2:

In bottle: Milky vanilla, it actually smells good!

When dried, I think I smell coconut.

Its actually quite a foody smell, but theres a hint of floral which kind of lessens it a little. Not sure if I'm smelling sweet pea or cherry blossoms - or both.

Quite liked this blend - bought it blind with a few others and this is one of my favorite.

This one intrigued me after some of the reviewers mentioned a coconut note in here. This isn't something I'd normally be into but, say "coconut", and I'm all over it. :lol:

When I first apply Reflected Vulva, I immediately get a gorgeous cherry blossom note alongside sugared…coconut! Even though I think I smell coconut, I'm not entirely sure coconut is in this. The milk note sure does give that impression and the florals feel almost tropical, maybe that's why? Either way, this has a Caribbean/summertime vibe to it. It's warm, sweet, milky, gently floral, pink and feminine. This is another BPAL perfume that could bridge the gap between commercial perfumes and oils. I can see this appealing to a large audience.

The throw on this is amazing and it lasts forever. At the end of the day, I can still smell it on my wrists. I wasn't expecting this to be my favorite Lupercalia scent this year but so far, Reflected Vulva is the winner!

:wub2:

ITI: I get a really lovely sugared cream with the subtle, innocent floral of sweet pea and the ephemeral tone of cherry blossoms. Oh, this is really lovely.

Wet: The sugared cream is a bit stronger on my skin, and it smells like there may be some cocoa butter in here as well. Once it starts to settle, I get 17 Sakura Lane (Lush)'s cherry blossom note plus a faint hint of sweet pea. Well, if I were looking for a toned down and creamier version of Lush's long discontinued soap, this would be it.

Dry: The sugar has diminished some, but I'm left with a gorgeous cream note along with cherry blossoms and the faintest trace of sweet pea. This is a beautiful spring time, feminine scent.

This is really quite lovely. I can sort of see the comparisons to Snow White, especially still wet on my skin- it's definitely creamy and delicate and feminine- but this is pinker and not as sweet as SW is on me. (Although I bet that on someone else this reads sweeter than it does on me.) The first time I skin tested this it ended a bit soapy on me, but the second time there is less of a soapy feeling I think. I get the sweet pea dominating with the cherry blossom wafting in and out and the cream taking a backseat for the most part. I might have ordered a bottle of this if it was still available, but as it isn't anymore, I'll hang on to my decant for sure.

Thoughts before testing: I love each of these notes separately, but I'm worried that it will be too sweet.

Wet: Creamy sweet pea, sugar overload.

Dry down: The cream is more prominent and the whole thing is quite lovely but it's still tooth achingly sweet on my skin.

Dry: Sweet!sweet pea and cream. Pretty, but too sweet for me.

Final thoughts: I would have liked more cherry blossom but I don't know if that could have saved this for me. I like sweeter perfumes but they have to have a backbone of something not so sweet in order for me to want to wear it. This one is missing that and despite how pretty and girly it is I know that I won't wear it.

Verdict: Off to the sales!

I thought I'd love this since Sweet Pea (even the BBW variety) is a favorite of mine. In the bottle I smell the Sweet Pea mostly, with some cherry blossom. On, its a sugared sweet floral, but as it dries my nose smells something soured. I wonder if its the cream? I've never tried a cream scent before. Eventually it all settles down but then I get a funky base note :( I dont think this one is for me, will probably end up swapping.

Reflected Vulva

In the Bottle: Outrageously sugared and creamy pink sweet pea floral, and a warm, white sweet coconut.

Wet: This is so good. There is a creamy, candy-rich sweetness in this that hits my olfactory senses the same way Strawberry Sufganiyot does, and although none of the two smell alike, it’s a gloriously, gloriously sugared and creamy- almost gourmand and dessert-like scent, with a bit of floral to round it out. Everyone who owns this blend can probably attest to the presence of coconut, and this might be the reason for that sugary, creamy gourmand aspect. The sweet pea is delicious in this, almost like the Sweet Pea SN, but heavily sugared instead of the tinge of freshness present in the Single Note released by the lab. The cherry blossom here is barelyt an accent but it reminds me of the watery, almost aquatic (but not salty!) , and slightly sweet freshness I get from the cherry blossom in Hanami. It kind of also reminds me of the cherry blossom note in Chastising Your Dragon, only much much more dialed down, in addition to the absense of any sandalwood. It's really hard to pick out though, and I imagine most will just detect mostly a candy-rich sweet pea and a pink coconut floral.

This is my absolute favourite coconut despite not having been listed in the description. It doesn’t smell exactly of Ivory Vulva (as in I can’t isolate it from the blend) but the olfactory properties are reminiscent of each other, and I can feel if I layer Ivory Vulva with the lab’s Sweet Pea SN, I’d get a pretty accurate dupe. (I have since done that, which you can read about here.) The coconut actually reminds me a little of Aphrogenes, which shares a similar coconut on my chemistry.

Drydown: Mmmmmmm I don't know how it came to be, but this is such a gorgeous creamy, blush tinted, perfumey coconut-pink floral, especially with the sweet pea and cherry blossom being almost as strongly present (perhaps even fighting for dominance) with the coconut in the forefront. Coconut lovers and enthusiasts of sugared florals, you might want to give this a try…if you can track it down.

TL:DR: Gorgeous sweet, sugared, creamy, perfumey pink coconut floral

Edited by celestia

Love sweet pea, sometimes like cream, not sold on cherry blossom. This is pretty iffy, but I have loved several of the Vulvas, so I wanted to at least try it.

Wet: Oooh! Pretty. The sweet pea and cherry blossom come off almost candy sweet. The cream hasn't gone plastic OR burnt OR sour yet. It's kind of floral perfection. There's a bit of watery greenness to it that is utterly charming. It smells like a mix between real, fresh blooms with dew on them, and candied flower petals. LOVELY.

Dry: This is really so pretty. Simple, elegant, classy. Very...womanly. I expected girly, but this is more refined than that. The notes all sing beautifully together - the clean is more of a "clean" cream to me, if that makes sense - like in Boo. It's beautiful and I am glad I took a chance on it. Now I only have one more Vulva to try...

This scent is very pretty but it fades so fast on my skin! I am getting my sweet pea fix from I Suppose You Are a Princess hair gloss :) I have not tried Sweet Pea SN, but I recommend trying that hair gloss since Reflected Vulva is hard to find. I am glad to have a decant of Reflected Vulva but I keep telling myself I don't need a bottle ;)

The scent sits very, very close to my skin. It is sugared cherry blossom with a hint of vanilla cream and sweet pea. The cherry blossom overpowers the sweet pea more on my skin. After 10 minutes it becomes a sugary skin musk similar to BPAL's Neutral scent from the RPG line.

Edited by VioletVorpal

My first vulva! (There's a phrase you don't get to type every day.) This was a tester from a generous swapper, and thank you so much for sharing, because this one is really hoard-worthy. A sweet, creamy pale pink floral, perfect for a walk through a Japanese garden in full bloom. Sweet pea is always a good note on me; cherry blossom can go plastic, but I needn't have worried because it's quite realistic here. Ethereal in tone and yet with good presence and a little throw. No wonder this is impossible to come by.