Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
The Poison Queen

Dorian Hair Gloss

Inspired by and created for my beloved Tedwin: my eternal, beautiful, wicked Dorian Gray. Refined, elegant, and lovely, with a noble bearing and seemingly gentle air. This blend is an artful deception: a sweet gilded blossom lying over a twisted and corrupted core. A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Pure, glorious, perfect Dorian. I absolutely am SO excited this has become a HG. Throw is large without being overwhelming, and my hair looks super shiny. I had high hopes for this and I am 100% not disappointed. Thank you so much, Puddin!

Dorian is one of my top ten favorite perfumes of all time and I used to wear it in my hair on a regular basis until I realized that the perfume oil was damaging my hair. So when Puddin released it as a hair gloss this winter I was thrilled to pieces!

Needless to say, this does not disappoint. It smells like aged Dorian, which is to say it smells FABULOUS. Sweet tea with lemon and a dash of vanilla and it's perfect. The hair glosses are my favorite product from the Post because they make my hair look *and* smell fantastic. You'll have to pry this one out of my cold dead hands :D

I love love love Dorian perfume. So I had to jump on the hair gloss:) This is the same musky tea vanilla scent as the perfume, and I'm in love. I tend to smell Dorian as more feminine than masculine, and more of a spring or summer scent, so I will enjoy this more in the warmer months.

My second gloss and just beautiful and everything that I love in the perfume version! Lilting and super-fresh, this is going to herald in spring quite nicely with the sweet vanilla and fresh tea.... This is a standout and I am in lovewub2.gif

This gloss made me realize that wearing Dorian on my skin is a huge waste. I was missing so many aspects of the scent. It's beautiful. Now any scent I wear on my skin smells two-dimensional - clearly the solution is more glosses (and a scent locket).

As for the gloss itself, I am using it as my primary conditioning and styling product because it's that perfect for my hair, which is fine, pixie-length, and prone to slightly wavy disarray.

Dorian is my favorite GC, so it's no surprise this was a winner for me.

To me this is moderately-aged Dorian. I still have the dregs of my original bottle, which I bought in '07, and Dorian definitely gets stronger on the vanilla/musk aspect as it gets older. I find fresh Dorian is heavier on the lavender/tea, and the notes sort of switch as it ages, and the HG has tea/lavender/vanilla/musk all pretty balanced. The "fougere" note has always read as a light lavender-type scent to me, FWIW.

I like Dorian in all its evolutions, but this is very nice and obviously wears well with the perfume, but I wear a lot of vanilla-based scents and it pairs quite well with most of them!

I have long, straight hair that is extremely thick and can go a bit oily, so I tend to do three light sprays, one on the underside, one on the ends, and a light one on the crown for shine. This works for me and leaves a ton of scent, but it might be a bit much for anyone who doesn't have the sheer quantity of hair that I do.

i love this scent so much that i got the hair gloss! it's just like the beloved dorian scent but you can smell it wafting around as your hair moves around your head. so lovely. :wub3:

I havent tried Dorian perfume yet due to the lab being out of stock so i decided to take a chance and get the hair gloss in a swap. Now I NEED the perfume!! This scent is amazing. As a hairgloss it keeps wafting around me. And the gloss is so lovely on my fine, curly, short bleached hair. To me this smells like a lighter version of Black Lace. Everything I loved about Black Lace and none of the things I disliked. So much win!!

Dorian. As a hairgloss. It's just magnificent. And to think that this a GC hairgloss. Meaning all awesomeness available, all the time.

So today in a mad rush to get ready, I blowdried my hair at a higher heat setting, and I got a ton of flyaways. I used the Dorian HG, two squirts, and my hair looked better and NO flyaways. I find that hairgloss works must better late fall to early spring, when the humidity is low here in DC. Over the summer, it has a tendency to make my hair a bit too heavy. But in the winter? Super fab hair!

Another Dorian lover here. Sweet vanilla tea, musk, and fougere—there's a reason it's a classic. Dorian the hair gloss smells just like the perfume oil (heavenly), and allows me to layer the scent while bringing shine to my hair. I find I reach for this one when I'm feeling a bit tired or under the weather, as it's not heavy or overly assertive. That said, it really lasts! A few sprays and I can still smell it the next day. I'm so glad this one is GC.

Hmm....this is an odd one for me, in a good way!

In decant: Get the slightly sweet vanilla tea. Very simple and nice!

In damp hair: Huh? It has very light throw on me, but it seems I get something different every time I catch a whiff of it. It will smell simple and sweet one second and then the other, it gets a bit....I don't want to say manly, but I can so get a unisex vibe from it. Might be the musk. It goes back and forth on me. Kind of fun!

Very lovely and light. Not sure if it is for me....haven't decided! :)

It took me forever to like Dorian. It has to be aged at least a year before I enjoy it. Before that year mark it's almost too masculine for me to wear; however my husband says it’s too girlie on him to wear. At a year mark, it's perfect for me. It's still not wearable for him.

The HG on the other hand smells like aged Dorian with a bit more vanilla cologne thrown in. It's going to be too heavy for me most of the time, unlike other people’s reactions; to me this version of Dorian is very heavy. The good thing is that it's a version of Dorian that the Mr. can wear. He really likes it in the HG and it’s great for his beard.

I've encountered two variations of Dorian perfume - one seems heavier on the vanilla & musk & one has a stronger fougere. I thought it was an aging thing but it appears that it could be a batch difference as well, since my last bottle of Dorian is from 2014 & still is extra strong on the citrus/lavender etc. after two years of aging. Good thing I love both versions!

Anyway, I've noticed the same differences in the Dorian Hair Gloss. I got a decant when it first came out & it has a really strong, almost floral fougere aspect when wet but then the vanilla musk comes out as it dries. I just got a bottle from someone on the forum & this one's all about the vanilla musk. Sure, there's tea & citrus here, too, but it really is vanilla musk dominant. Yum! :wub:

Edited by alterosen

Just realized I haven't reviewed this. I'm kind of a slacker with official reviews though. But oh my....Dorian hair gloss. Dorian is one of my top 5 bpals (possibly my number 1). I hesitated on getting this thinking "well I already have the perfume oil, do I really need the gloss?" But oh was I wrong...this hair gloss is amazing stuff. The scent lasts and it's so lovely to be surrounded by a cloud of Dorian. I've gone through 2/3 of my first bottle in less than 6 months and recently purchased a back up as I don't want to imagine ever running out of this one. If you love Dorian, get yourself a bottle of this one stat!

A perfect companion to the perfume oil. I think more of the fougere aspect comes out in the hair gloss. Thrilled to have it!

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.
Fragrance review:

This is the best hair gloss and maybe the best thing at the Trading Post, period. It is unbelievably cool, smooth, sweet, and perfect. Sweet, but fresh, and soooo smoooooth. Just the perfect vanilla. I've gotten variations of Dorian perfume oil that were very musky and unpleasant, but the hair gloss is milky, creamy, perfect, cool vanilla tea. It somehow manages to smell clean & innocent, naughty, and well put together all at the same time. My husband follows me around nuzzling me and telling me that I smell amazing every single time that I dab this on. It smells amazing.

Edited by Little Bird

Kickass. I've never smelled Dorian as an oil and now I'm wondering if I need to rectify that...but I find it perfect as an HG, and it's probably the only way the vanilla would work on me. My mom says she gets tobacco from it, probably because of the musks? To me it's almost a toffee.

I'm mostly getting tea with vanilla, definitely the same scent I've gotten from the perfume oil. I haven't tried this yet with the matching perfume, but I think this would be great paired with it because I've found this hair gloss has more throw than my imp. Just as lovely as the original, if you're a big fan of Dorian you're missing out by not having this in your collection! Definitely going to hold on to this decant and hopefully I can get both as bottles in the future.

Well this is as advertised, all Dorian in a hair gloss. The vanilla is a bit more prominent than the perfume, but it is still Dorian. So glad I bought this long ago and forgot to review it, now that there is a Dorian drought. Certainly hoping it returns!