Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dedee

Almond Blossom

Something must be reassuring to the almond, in the evening star, and the snow-wind, and the long, long, nights: almond blossom, hoar-frost, and snow-wind.

In Bottle: Extremely Snow dominant with a kiss of almond blossom to sweeten it. This is way too much mint for me just in the bottle, so I won’t be skin testing. This snow note is very mint and ozone, and does give a snow-wind and frost impression

This has got to be one of the most simply pretty perfumes I've tried in ages. I get a softly floral, softly bitter almond scent with a cool, slushy backing. Sometimes I get a tiny whiff of the mint (I think it's wintergreen?) that's part of the snow note, which gives me a little shivery delight. I was hemming and hawing about picking this one up and in the end I just went for it. I couldn't be more pleased that I did! What a gorgeous perfume!

This is the lab's snow note along with a sweet almond like scent, which I guess is the almond blossom note. I love the smell of the almond blossom, it sweetens up the snow note in a really nice way. The only thing is that I wish it would stick around a bit longer than 10 minutes. The snow note remains, and it is sweeter than normal, but does not retain that lovely almond blossom. Still, I REALLY like this, it's kind of similar to "Go To Sleep Darlings", but a bit more snowier. Come to think of it, it is probably too similar to warrant it's own bottle, but I'd really like the almond blossom to be in more. *hint hint* :)

In the bottle: A very delicate, sweet blossom.

Wet: Slightly sharper now, with the slightest hint of almond (as in the nut).

Dry: Still blossomy, sliiiightly soapy with a little sweet mint maybe? So glad I got this, it's beautiful.

In the bottle: Almond and snow.

Wet: This definitely smells like almond and snow but with the almond being stronger. This almond smells like almond extract.

Dry: So now the snow has taken over and the almond becomes the background smell. Basically the almond and snow have just switched places between wet and dry. I'm glad though, the almond was a little too strong for my liking. But now that it is not the prominent note its much better.

A sweet, gentle version of the lab's snow note. It's sugary peppermint and a soft, almost powdery, warm, creamy vanilla mixed in with the slushy, clean (but not aggressively soapy) snow note. Makes me think of melting snow and ice, peppermint candy, and snuggling up in a warm, furry jacket while wearing a warm vanilla perfume.
Like all of the lab's snow blends, Lick It, and Snow White had a romp together. I like that this has mint and snow in it, but is still coming off as warm and vanilla-y to me.

Snow notes and I don't always get along, but almond blossom is a favorite floral (because almond), so I wanted to give this a whirl. Wet it's that comforting blast of almond extract which quickly dissipates, leaving a gentle almondy floral in its wake. There's something sharp as it's drying down, maybe a whiff of ozone, but then it all folds into a gentle snow note with a hint of almond blossom. I am not getting the minty note some reviewers have mentioned, which is fine with me. It has lasted an hour and a half but based on current strength I don't think it is going to be particularly long-wearing on me.

My initial impression was that of snow-minted slush with a flurry of Dana O'Shee! The almond dies quickly and it's a blast of ice which eventually also dies down and warms into a beautiful pale fragrance that I wouldn't call a floral because I can't discern "flowers" from it, but that wonderful BPAL Yule-flavored scent that's so special and indescribable. If you like Snow White, try Almond Blossom! 

Edited by cinderfallen

It's a very cool scent, almost masculine at first. All I get initially is the ozone-y snow note. When it does dry down, though, it becomes a very light, sweet almond, something that's nice on the skin. Glad I picked up the bottle. 

2018: Sweet menthol-y snow, with hints of juniper and mint. Creamy, not harsh. Just as beautiful as the previous version.

When I put both on at the same time, the 2013 version is a little gentler while the opening blast of the fresh one is more intense, but once they’re past the wet stage they smell the same. Snow, minty pine, and something lovely and sweet on top.

Still one of my favorites! Thank you so much to the Lab for bringing this back!

Creamy, minty, slushy snow, and a sweet floral almond. I could imagine a little cool blue juniper being in this.

The almond blossom makes me think of almond plus some white flowers rather than a literal almond blossom, and it's kind of intriguing.

In drydown, I get some sugary vanilla added in. The blend goes quite sweet.

I like this. Maybe bottle-like.

Ah snow, why do you not like me? I lust want to be friends, but you keep pushing me away with your astringent personality. Every time I see you, I get all excited and am like "this tine will be different - this time we'll meet and we'll get along like old chums,"  but it's not to be. Until about an hour later ... when the sweet vanilla nuances of this blend start to emerge from the sharp, high-pitched snow and frost. I do like this vanilla stage, but it's only after sitting with the unrelenting snow note for longer than I'm comfortable with, that the softer side of this bend comes forward. If snow is your friend, I"d give this blend a try. But if you're like me and you and snow can't see eye to eye, then it's time to just walk on by ...

Wet: I'm getting a sweet almond-floral scent(... which is probably the almond blossom), and some slightly minty snow slush. 

Dry: The mint has actually intensified a little bit, which is surprising, since my skin likes to eat minty notes. This is more of a minty-snow dominant scent now, with the almond blossom lingering in the background.

While I think I'll hang on to my decant, this isn't bottle worthy for me.

Wet: Light floral (and yes, I do get some almond with the floral) mixed with wet snow.

Dry: Ozone. Ozone. Ozone.

My skin ate up pretty much everything except the ozone, and it's entirely one note on me after the first few minutes.

2018 version.

Initially there's a lot of that zingy mint-pine snow, making the scent start off very masculine. It does become a lot more mild and less masculine with dry time though. It sort of lends a clean refreshing edge to this scent. The more pine like edge to it becomes much more faint and leaves more of the mint remaining. In this stage I think there is a light vanilla to this snow note as well.

The almond blossom itself is really faint on me. I do get a very almond smell in the decant, but on skin anything like the actual nut scent disappears entirely and leaves behind a pale creamy floral.

Overall not a bad blend once it dries, wasn't too keen on the wet stage though.

So almond blossom is like a floral almond? I'd be interested in an almond blossom SN to see what I'm working with here. Because there is almond, but it's creamy and delicate, not cherry or boozy like the lab's almond note. More like the almond milk note in Organ Grinder. So here we have almond milk plus the sweet-slushy-snow-floral mix from Snow White. A pretty, creamy floral.

The almond blossom is really so delicate it's pretty much faded and I'm left with straight up Snow White after a couple minutes.

This reminds me of Snow White as well. Sweet, minty, ozoney snow and sugary almond at first. Then the almond becomes more floral and less candy. A very nice creaminess emerges. Chilly and refreshing almond milk and mint. I'm actually enjoying this in the summer months. 

Edited by VetchVesper

Light, floral almond blossom is between sweet almond and a white floral. 

The snow notes in this take it to Soapland on my skin. 

I don't want to smell like this, but I might add the decant to a bathtub!