Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
orata

Gobo

Tangerine, lemon peel, sugared pink grapefruit, and vanilla cream.

Imp: fruity pebbles, lemon bars, aaaargh sweet vanilla citrus candy EXPLOSION.

thinking about it further, I can smell a lot of grapefruit.

wet: even more sugary. I thought I would hate this, but this is quite lovely. I smell delicious!

dry down: sweet, smooth cream. Fades a little quick on my skin.

I smell wayyy too much like food. I'm not much into sugary, sweet, bright scents. I am more a musky, pine, woodsy girl. However, this is DELICIOUS and is highly recommended for those who love to smell like delectable sugary treats.

slather, slather, slather!

i know bpal says don't drink the perfumez, but then they shouldn't have made it smell exactly like the creamsicle drinks from Gloria Jean's Coffee.

the throw isn't major on this one, but it's so freaking delicious i don't even care. i will gladly walk around alternating between holding my wrist to my nose and holding it to other people's noses going, "smell me! i smell like a fraggle creamsicle!" at times there are hints of a sort of gummy candy note, but the really good gummy candies that only come from asia. and it's just a subtle, wafting addition to the overall creamsicle, it never really morphs into gummy.

gobo: it's what's for breakfast!

At first, this is predominantly a bright fruity scent that miraculously does not go sickly sour on me. The citrus isn't at all sharp as I'd been expecting; it's softened by the vanilla cream which starts to come out more as it dries. After a few hours it's dried down to a soft creamy skin scent with only a hint of the fruit. Another Fraggle I am going to have to buy.

I idolized Gobo as a child (first crush? lol) and was so excited to see the Fraggle series added to the lab. But out of them all, I was most excited about Gobo and Red.

This scent, overall, is best described as a melted orange Flinstones push-up from when I was a kid. I could never keep up with the melting and always ended up with my hands half covered in orange sticky goo. THIS IS THAT SMELL. It has a creamsicle vibe too, most prominent in the bottle. On skin the cream backs up and lets citrus play. Orange is most certainly the front runner for me, but lemon rind adds raw citrus zing, with grapefruit keeping everything light and fun.

As it dries down, it's not too foody to be unwearable. It's fun and lighthearted, and I'm certain people will wonder who has a popsicle- but it's still beautiful and joyful. An easy summer scent to wear for easygoing events and adding daily childhood flashbacks.

Now I have to buy a pushup and watch fraggle rock.

Edited by Aveya

This is like a creamsicle rolled in citrus Sour Patch Kids. It's more tangy citrus at first, and settles down into a delicious smooth creamsicle-like scent with cool vanilla, though with a little more variety than the traditional creamsicle becuase of the three types of citrus. This is one of those rare foody ones you can actually wear in the heat. Like everyone else, I need to keep reminding myself I can't drink it. :rofl:

During the first couple minutes I get a sweet tarts note similar to Red, but it morphs pretty quickly. This is definitely a sugary vanilla cream - only a bit of citrus (mostly tangerine). It's honestly delicious. I don't generally go for sweet, but this is so fun that I may want to get a bottle for fun occasions. It seems more of spring/summer scent to me though and we're heading into winter/fall.

It's a blast of citrus in the imp. on my skin it's bitter pink grapefruit with a bit of vanilla cream. It doesn't smell as sweet, creamy, or orangey as the creamsicle I hoped it would smell like. The more it dries, the less citrus I get. It smells musky and masculine with a slightly sweet edge. It reminds me of my dads after shave and the scented citrus clothes soap we us. Vanilla tends to go wonky on my skin. Not a keeper.

Edited by BuxomM

Hands down my favorite Fraggle Rock scent. I get yummy creamsicle on my skin. I have only a decant now, but I do intend to purchase a bottle in the future. :wub2:

I didn't expect Gobo to be great on me, but he is! YAY GOBO!

He's reminds me a bit of Lemon Scented Stick Bat, only brighter and more fruity. I can almost taste the grapefruit.

Gobo is delicious and a bit fizzy to me. I'm most likely going to get a bottle of him. (After I give him a full-day test to see about his staying power.)

By far, my favorite Fraggle scent so far!

I'm a citrus fiend, though it has to be a 'good' citrus, one that doesn't go dusty or fade quickly, and be true to the scent. This one starts out as fresh, white grapefruit and tangerine, very nice and crisp. Dryer, less citrus, kind of creamy. At this point, it reminds me of Lilith vs the Giant Crab, only the citrus is different, and there's no musk. Further on, I get the Underpants comparison, only with a touch of citrus, this almost reminds me of, dare I say it, Jingo Kogo, though I'd have to do a side by side just to see. Though this doesn't stay a crisp citrus, I still REALLY like it, it's not candy-like (on me anyways), I'm going to test side by sides comparisons with Jingo and Lilith, to see if they are as similar as I think they are. Even so, I'm pretty sure this will be an upgrade!! :wub2:

eta: Did side by sides with Jingo Kogo and Lilith vs. Lilith is more musky ambergris, and the citrus in Jingo Kogo is less subdued than Gobo. Gobo is very bright at first, but fades extremely fast, however, and is gone within a couple of hours. For this reason, I think Gobo will will not be upgraded. I'll certainly enjoy the imp, though!

Edited by milo

In the bottle: Sugary vanilla lemon

Wet on the skin: More citrus and less vanilla

Drydown: The vanilla comes out more and more with time, the ultimate drydown is more vanilla than citrus on me, but it does go rather faint after 4 hours or so.

I really like grapefruit scents and this is a nice mix of lemon and grapefruit on me while wet. It is a little bit sugary when wet, but it's a wonderful warm weather scent and I'm very happy I got a bottle unsniffed! :)

Gobo leaked a little in transit, so when I opened the package, the most alluring orangey vanilla cream scent wafted up at me. It smells kind of Like Et Lux Fuit, and also a little like Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. And kind of like Lilith vs. the Giant Crab. But it's more citrussy than Et Lux Fuit, less lemony (and also less salty?) than Sticky Bat, and louder than Giant Crab. The vanilla is a bit dry and ambery on me, which keeps it from being a full-on sugarbomb, but it's still sweet and cute. It fades pretty quickly, though.

Gobo is like lemon marshmallows on my skin. That's the best way I can think to describe it. At first I thought it smelled a lot like Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, and it does, but it's softer somehow. I never got the marshmallowy thing from LSSB.

I love Gobo. It's uplifting and comforting at the same time. Pure delight!

I'm normally not a huge fan of citrus scents, but this one is so soft with the vanilla cream. It's not in-your-face lemon or tangerine, but it smells sweet and soft with a tangy fruity overtone. Very cute, and definitely pleasant! I like it a lot.

In the decant: Sugared citrus. No one citrus note dominates.

On skin, wet: Sugared grapefruit. Like a grapefruit Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat.

On skin, dry: A slightly soapy note has appeared, which really surprised me because nothing in here normally goes soapy on me (and I didn't read reviews before trying this, obviously). It's much too sharp and hardly sweet at all, at this point.

After an hour: The soapy note has died down a little and a hint of the vanilla cream has rounded out the scent, but it's still a bit too sharp for my tastes and the soapy period definitely pushes this into "not for me" territory.

ITI: Vanilla cream and the perfect blend of sugar and tart pink grapefruit with the faintest hint of lemon. Yum!

Wet: This reminds me exactly of an Orange Julius. It's more tangerine than grapefruit which, when combined with the sugar and vanilla cream, makes for a deliciously decadent scent.

Dry: The scent doesn't change much once dried. It's still warm, bright, and delicious!

Exactly like an orange creamsicle on me!

Light, sweet, foody citrus. A perfect scent for me to wear to work, where I like to wear blends that are noticeable but not "perfumey" and not too strong.

In the bottle: Delicious orange creamsicle! Well, tangerine creamsicle.

Wet: Same. I hope it stays like this!

The other citrus components are beginning to emerge. I can definitely smell all of the citrus components, so it’s a citrus creamsicle now.

Dry: Citrus-y creamsicle goodness!

Much later on: The vanilla cream is all that remains.

Verdict: LOVE. :wub2: I am so glad that I took a chance and bought a bottle unsniffed.

Edited by dementia_divine

In the bottle: Lovely sugary cream with hints of vanilla and fruits. I smell a non-sweet citrus, probably grapefruit. The more I sniff the bottle the less prominent the cream gets, and the citrus seems to get more juicier.

On: Immediate sugary goodness! Slightly fruity, faint citrus and lots of cream and sugar! I want to lick my wrist, it smells sooo good!! Reminds me of another bpal, I want to say it's the Mad Tea Party.. But Gobo is the better version of it. Is it Cheshire Cat? No clue, I swapped the kitty away a long time ago.

Gobo stays for about 5-6 hours, the fruits eventually disappears and I'm left with the sugary sweetness.

Wet: I immediately liken this to Jiggery Pokery, which I have and adore. Creamy citrus candy. Unlike Pokery though, this wants to go a bit "plastic" on me.

Dry: Still very similar to Jiggery, but I like J.P. better. This has more citrus less cream, and J.P. is the other way around on me. Plus, this is doing that weird bitter citrus thing where it wants to go plastic. Citrus is often not my friend, and that's what is happening here. Not for me!

In the bottle this is orange creamsicle soda I would obsess over as a child. I'm left thinking do I really want this as a perfume?

Drying down I get teeny hints of soapiness. Not as obsessed as I thought this would be.

It faded quickly but it honestly brightened up my mood. Eventually I gave up on him as he was too effervescent a scent.

Edited by Nilbog

Creamsicle in the bottle and on application. The sugared grapefruit appears as it continues — this is just gorgeous, but my skin eats citrus, so I have no hope it will last. There's a wave of cream as the grapefruit departs, which is really nice, and the tangerine makes a brief, slightly bitter appearance before it finishes as the amazing soft rounded vanilla from the Lick It series. I really like this! Not a lot of throw, but I'll try slathering and see how it sticks around.

Creamsicles are one of my most favorite things in the world, so when I discovered BPAL this was one of the first scents I tracked down a decant for. And it's pretty darn close to the perfect creamsicle scent... only, not quite, it's lacking the chill of a frozen treat. (Perhaps some day we'll get something similar with a frosty note?) This is no creamsicle, but rather an orange Creme Saver, and it's making me horribly nostalgic for them. Fortunately for me, while Creme Savers are long discontinued, Gobo is not.

This is a deliciously sweet blend of citruses and the creamiest vanilla. It has a low throw but it also feels like a scent you wouldn't really want to be projecting, as it would likely tempt someone into ruining their diet. It does stick around for a decent length of time on my skin, which is prone to eating citrus but holds onto vanilla for days--it's mostly the vanilla cream after half an hour, but traces of the grapefruit and tangerine keep swirling in and out. They threaten to go soapy but never quite do.

A perfect lighthearted mood-lifter. There are still more creamsicle-like scents for me to try, but they're gonna have to really wow me to beat this one.

I didn't get very much citrus blast from this. I was really hoping for it.

It was sweet and soft and sugary (but not sickly syrupy so) when i sniffed and first put it on but as it dried it turned into the softest vanilla cream skin scent that I swear was more like a skin musk than foody vanilla cream.

At the end of the day a friend sniffed it and said I smelled like a fruit salad made with whipped cream.

Great staying power, but it was a good close scent. It didn't shout loud or haunt me in a cloud, it stayed close and lasted long. I can still get the faintest whiff of it the next morning.

It's nice but I really was looking for more citrus than I got out of it.

Wet: Ultra-sugary grapefruit and vanilla cream!

Dry: Helllooo, creamsicle! Actually, this may be better than a creamsicle. Still have the grapefruit and vanilla cream, but now the tangerine is in the mix. I can't pick out the lemon peel, but it may be hard to identify with both the grapefruit and tangerine.

Amazing. Wonderful. Highly recommend. My bottle is just about gone, and I wanted to squeeze in this review before it was.