Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Skytyping with Chemtrails

Incapacitating poofiness: spun sugar, white amber, white musk, citron, and lemongrass masking a sinister, almost chemical undernote of elemi, zdravetz, and ravintsara.

This has impressive throw, though it's a bit of a punch in the face at first: almost Yankee Candle pungent, if that makes sense. Sweet and citrusy and bold. It's definitely lemongrass, though, which is neat--usually I get lemon from lemongrass, but this time it's pretty distinct. In a few minutes, however, it fades to a nice, powdered-sugar lemongrass, like those sweet lemony pastille things, but with lemongrass instead. Soft and sweet, with a faint halo of something else, something cool, which keeps it from being generic. I like it.

Very sweet and lemony, like really good lemonade. I like it, but I have a lemony scent I like better so I don't think I'm going to get a bottle, but I will keep and enjoy my imp.

This is all about lemongrass and musk, with some sugar peeping out. It smells like candy and quite nice for the hot weather here. The throw is quite low so I need to get real close to sniff it. I'm glad I have a decant and it should be enough.

:thud: This is yummy!! I normally can't do lemon/lemongrass scents because they turn to straight up pledge on me, but not this baby! This is a super sweet, tart, and lip puckering lemonade. :yum: I'm going to need a bottle (or two ;) ) for those hot and humid days that are going to be starting to creep up on us.

Musky lemon sugar, light and fresh, and there's some lemongrass here to keep this from being too candy-like. This is summery and airy and beautiful! I have a hard time with lemony scents as they either fade in 30 seconds or turn to bathroom cleaner on me, but this is holding up nicely. Might be a bottle purchase!

Soft, slightly tangy, slightly sugary lemonade in an imp. Not too much throw, and not so much lemon as to think scary cleaning products. Not sure that it's for me, but I'm not at all put off by it. The longer it dries the more I like it- less lemon and more sugar. It doesn't seem to have much lasting power, though.

Starts with bread baking. I'm getting the sugar and soft citrus. There are other notes filling in, making it fuller and more complicated. And definitely puffy and light!

All I can say is... go away you chemical herby undertone!

In the imp it's very herbal lemon. Not sugared lemon or the "incapacitating poofiness" I wanted. It is distinctly lemongrass and white amber and citron and herbal chemicalness. Is my nose broken?

On my skin it is the same. I was expecting much sweeter because I tend to amp anything sweet in a scent, but the herbal note in this just... well I didn't like it.

Sigh. Not very good throw on me either and didn't last very long too. I suppose my decant will be finding a new home.

EDIT: Woah. My views on this just changed!! I recently fell in love with Tarot: The Star and because a reviewer had said this reminded her of it I wanted to test it one more time! This now smells like a less sweet brighter and a touch herbal The Star! Fabulous! I'm hoping this means it will lose it's herbal chemical kick with age! Bottle purchase!!

Edited by ciaobonefish

Sweet, bright, tart and complex, with a bright, light yellow-green feel, almost pastel neon. I get the sugar, the citrusy/lemony notes (in order of potency: citron, lemongrass, elemi), lots of white musk, and I definitely get the zdravetz, which adds a refreshing herbal green note that's like a minty geranium, as well as the mentholic, slightly medicinal ravintsara, which is both literally and to my nose, camphoric. But it's a blend that works, and reminds me a little of Schrodinger's Cat and greatly of a sugared Phobos.

I instantly get the bright smooth cologney white amber, which grounds this scent along with the rather heavy, slightly perfumey white musk (the same note from Thoos). The sugar is stronger, sweeter, and richer - verging on foody. The various citrusy notes merge quickly into a blend that I have difficulty dissecting, other than being able to determine that the citron is clearly on top, so this smells much more like real lemon than the notes would suggest. With the sugar, this is almost a 'lemon sugar cookie' version of Mr. Nancy's lime sugar cookie aspect, and like that blend, has some sort of creamy note like tonka or vanilla that gives it the foody edge. The geranium is still going strong and the ravintsara has smoothed out into note that's still bright and green, but not medicinal. I don't get the 'chemical undertone' of this scent, beyond white musk smelling a bit generic and synthetic on my skin as it can in some blends.

This stuff has some crazy-ass throw on me. Like...whoa. Distractingly potent.The white musk and the citron are really the standouts, though this is a pretty well-blended scent and those two aren't necessarily overwhelming the other notes, but they are clearly dominating. They are also both notes my skin loves to amp, and the combo reminds me a lot of Whitechapel. The wafts I get with my wrist far from my face are almost exactly Whitechapel, with geranium in place of the lilac. But if I sniff more closely, I get all the other notes, other than the lemony ones which remain firmly melded into one whole note.

The final drydown after several hours is a bit odd, and it could be due to the time of month, though it shouldn't be. I'm left with cotton candy, exactly the smell of cotton candy, and a softly earthy, oakmossy-sort of musk. In fact it's exactly how oakmoss dries down on me, or how musks of any type dry down on me during 5 days a month, so either there's some oakmoss in here, or my skin is doing weird things to the white musk. Regardless of form, that white musk sticks around. And if I sniff intently, I can pick out the citrus and greenery, but none of these as listed distinctly other than the geranium. In summary: sticky, sugary cotton candy, oakmoss, and white musk comprise 90+% of this blend in late drydown. It has very strong throw for hours that fades gradually until it's still good throw, but most of the notes have burned off, at which point it holds extremely well.

Better than I expected based on the initial white musk blast and the listed elemi which can be problematic for me, and overall I enjoyed testing this, but it's not something I need.

In the imp: lemon drops!

Wet: I think it might be the "chemical undernote" that is taking this from lemon drop candy to Lemon Drop boozy cocktail.

Quick drydown: TAKING OVER MY ARM

Later drydown: This has calmed down a lot. Sweet and lemony and definitely not smelling like cleaning fluid. Ought to make a good summer scent!

This is one of those fluffy, silly, poofy, sugary things that Beth does so well.. but this one has the lemongrass as a point of difference, as in, this isn't a typical 'white' or 'pink' sugar/fluff thing. The lemongrass is very strong though, it's not a soft and gentle lemon, it's a POW kind of lemon. So actually, it's not really very fluffy, silly or poofy at all.

There is a slight chemical overtone to it, unfortunately for me it's becoming a bit nail-polish remover-ish on my skin. Ah yes, that would be the white musk and/or white amber. 'White' anything is generally not my friend.

If you were looking for a lemon-y version of Marshmallow Poof, Velvet Unicorn, Chewing Little Bits of String etc.. this isn't it. For me, it's sharp rather than sweet, and just not my thing - but I think that it would be lovely on the right skin, that being one which can handle the 'white' elements and the sharp chemical tang.

Lemon gelati! Electric lemonade! Sugary and zingy and wonderful :yum:

So, yes. I bought two bottles of this unsniffed, because I just had a feeling I would love it. I was right! It's just such an awake, happy scent. I may even need more bottles, because I know I will be gutted if I ever run out of this.

This is citrus done perfectly, without the 'air freshener' horror I get from some of the other citrus blends. Also... I think if I layer this with a bit of Obatala, I will have a good substitute for The Star. Which is great, because all I have of that little gem are a couple of imps, and I think the coconut will help offset a little of the zinginess and make it a softer, summery scent.

So good. So very, very good.

This should have been a good scent on me, but my skin turns it to total lemongrass soap :huh?: From the bottle it smells really good and has great potential, like lemon sorbet, but my skin does funky things to make this SOAP.

I really like this. It smells like very sweet lemon over a woody base. It smells like soft sandalwood to me, but that's not one of the notes listed. Nice stuff.

Lemon drops dusted with confectioner's sugar -- maybe a little hint of chemicals behind it, but nothing overwhelming -- in the imp and wet. Once it dries, though, the amber/musk takes over and turns it to new carpet badness with a lemony background. I loved Skytyping wet (I love love love lemon scents) but that new carpet thing kills any interest I had in it.

Edited by karen

In the decant: Slight sweet mums with a squeezing of lemon juice, maybe.

Wet: Very much as in the decant. This has some throw, mostly the sugar. As it starts to dry, I'm getting more of the lemongrass. Lemongrass can be a deal-breaker for me, and it may be happening here.

The dry-down: The zdravetz, which is basically a 'mum, is amping along with the lemongrass. There's still some sweetness, but this is not a sugared lemon. I'd be very happy if it was. Or a lemon drop/lemon sherbet candy. The musk and amber are the base notes, grounding everything together. I'm really not sure that I will need a bottle of this.

On the bf, the lemongrass amped like crazy.

I hope that Beth revisits this concept in the future, and uses lemon instead of lemongrass, and leaves out the florals. It doesn't have to be too sweet, either.

This is a very realistic sugary lemon. Reminds me of a sweet lemon ju jube, only made with 'real' ingredients, or how a lemon gelato would smell. There is a undercurrent of something 'not quite right', maybe a lemon ju jube smeared into pavement, (?), not sure but it's almost a concrete dusty vibe that comes and goes. I like it, but don't need to upgrade. I have crisper lemon blends that I like better.

LOVE. For the first hour or so it's sugary lemony wonderfulness. Then the lemon fades and it settles down to sweet white musk. I haven't worn anything else since it arrived a week ago. This is the first LE I've ever bought a second bottle of. I never buy multiples because it takes me so long to use one up. But as soon as I tried this I knew I had to get a backup bottle.

LEMONGRASS! This is a huge hit of citron on wet, and then I get a ton of creamy lemongrass. In fact, it makes me think of thai food with creamy coconut and lemongrass and I really can't shake the coconut reference.

Very tasty, very savory. Very hunger inducing.

Sad! :( I was hoping for the lemon/lemongrass of The Vortex, Tarot: The Star, or Albedo v5. Instead I got a very chemically scent with little lemon or lemongrass at all. It was like an industrial cleaner or something.

I actually really liked this one, and then I was surprised because I don't normally like anything citrussy. At first application this was exactly sugared lemonade on my skin. It warmed and deepened as it dried, so that it was still light but it had a bit more roundedness and character to it. This is quite refreshing, but not in a sharp way. There wasn't anything that screamed on my skin. I love it. :wub2:

From wet to drydown...this smells like lemony/orangey sugary candy floss. Not. a. fan. Must wash off now. :P

This is all sugared lemons for me. I love this scent. Very bright and sparkling. Moderate throw and wear length.

In bottle: Chemical tainted lemonade. I do like the sugar note in this, but given the in bottle strength of the citrus, it will do ugly, ugly things on my skin, so no skin test.