Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
autumn24

Harlot

Based on a Romany incense blend reputed to induce sexual dreams: Somalian rose, Moroccan rose and Bulgar rose with a sultry dribble of cinnamon.

This one is a light rose blend with a hint of cinnamon. It's light, sexy and playful.

Pretty.

In the imp: I agree with the description of these roses being WET.. just the slightest hint of spice.

Wet: mmmmmmmm... That cinnamon springs up. mostly all cinnamon at this point.

Dry: The throw on this one is pretty much entirely cinnamon for me.. the rose is up close. I bet people would think I smelled like Big Red if I wore this.. but I quite like it. It is a sweet cinnamon that I find comforting... more comforting than sexy really.

It really smells like a girly girl sunny house on sunday afternoon more than a harlot one..Said this, I love cinnamon and hate rose but the combination is pure genious and I think it would be perfect as a room scent. The rose is a light one and enjoyable even for floral haters.

Harlot smells much like you'd expect: luscious roses with cinnamon. No surprises.

The three roses together smell very sweet and almost hot (hi, cinnamon) or... like candied roses. It's a hot summer's day in a rose garden. A lot of the rose blends get a little soapy to me, but this one stays perfect and full. That said, the cinnamon amps very strongly as it dries down and takes over the perfume, so that initial sweet rose effect gets pushed back. Overall, it's a bit simple... which is why I am not coming up with a lot to say about it here. Scent locket test pending.

Imp: Jailbait minus the bubblegum. Sort of a pinkish scent mixed with cinnamon.

Wet: Asthma puffer. Seriously. That sort of hazy ozone-y asthma medication scent. Tiny bit of cinnamon. I'm not really surprised. There is a certain type of rose--it shows up in Two, Five and Seven along with Jezebel--that just goes complete awful on my skin. That rose is likely in this blend.

Dry: Cinnamon over asthma medication. It's really pretty until that cold, stinging note hits that back of my nose.

Throw: The cinnamon is strong.

Overall: Not for me. It's probably fantastic if that particular rose note works for you but I don't want to remind people of inhalable steroids.

love this stuff. it reminds me of when my grandmother would make munelos in the kitchen for xmas.

applied/wet: very cinnamony, has some floral but the cinnamon Bogarts the scene. wet or dry it had the same effect.

overall: great during the winter season to go with all the other sweet foody scents people wear. goes alongside the gingerbreads, peppermints, etc., i'll probably stick to the imp.

In the imp all I'm getting is lush roses. Too bad I don't care for the scent of rose or else this would be great.

Once it hits my skin it turns to almost pure cinnamon, I really have to sniff to find the rose in this blend.

Dry this immediately goes to rose and stays there. Not for me.

Overall Rating 1 to 5 (5 being the best) - 1.3

Wet: Smoky musk. Is that all the cinnamon?

First on: Musk and floral. This is a really weird incarnation of cinnamon.

Dry: Unchanged. Weird scent.

I was frimped this, and because I try everything that crosses my path, I put it on. And, I amp rose. Or turn it to ammonia depending on the blend. This went ammonia on me. No, not a keeper.

It's all sweet Red Hots on me. The cinnamon is foremost in my imp but the rose sweetens it and back it up. It's also surprisingly light: rose normally amps like mad on my skin but I put a generous swab of this on my wrist and it's certainly not overpowering at all. The throw is very nice as well.

Its a beguiling scent. It doesn't demand so much as persuade, and because it's so persuasive, no demanding is ever needed. It's very Scarlett O'Hara in that sense. I'm not sure how much I'll use this, but I think it'll be good for those times when I want to feel both sweet and powerful. Lovely.

In the imp, the scent is actually a lot more subtle than I had expected. There’s rose, yeah, but it’s pretty light. And a hint of… is that rye? Er? On me, the rose comes out right away, but is not overwhelming. As it dries, that dribble of cinnamon shows up. Unfortunately, the scent also seems to fade really quickly.

Verdict: I really like the scent… But I wish it would stick around a little longer. :(

In the bottle: I can definitely smell the rose, but it's more than that. It's spicy without being hot. I'm not usually for rose perfumes, but there's something drawing me to this one. So I decided to try it.

Wet: Okay, there's the roses. But it's not strong or over-powering like Two, Five, & Seven was (thankfully). Where Two, Five, & Seven were roses that had been yanked, plucked, stomped on, pulverized, and mushed until it was nothing was a pungent odor, this is soft and gentle breeze of roses. The kind you have to take a deep breath to smell completely. The kind you WANT to take a deep breath to smell. The cinnamon is strong, too, but this isn't the kind that stings. This is cinnamon with a slight sprinkle of sugar.

Dry: Once this dried, it's gorgeous. It reminds me of spring days at a friend's house, out on the back porch. Her mom gardened and baked. She had exotic roses (not your typical roses at all), as well as some other flowers, but the roses really stood out. Whenever I would help her bake, this is what it reminds me of.

In bottle: Rose mostly. So much rose. I do think I can catch a hint of cinnamon. I see no point in skin testing this as it wouldn’t go well.

In the imp, this smells like more than just one simple rose, the cinnamon is also just baaarely there.

On skin, while wet, it turns into a very strange floral. Not generic rose, like my rose water, but more green and muddled. No real cinnamon to speak of. I can ALMOST hint at the presence of cinnamon, and I wish it would bloom, because the roses just smell off (others have said wet). It stays very close to the skin, too. Unusual rose blend, but not in a favorable way. Too green and becoming slightly powdery as well? Swap.

As a rose scent, it's very nice and pretty. It actually reminds me of what a little girl's room would smell like -- very light and floral and feminine. Not very harloty AT ALL.

It faded very quickly on me, and didn't have much throw while it was there. Pretty, but fleeting.

Inside the imp, it's all rose.

On my skin, roses and also the cinnamon note. I'm not much for rose scents, but I do kind of like the way the cinnamon note spices up all the roses.

Harlot was a huge slap in the face for me. Made me realize that most rose scents turn soapy on me. :cry2:

I bought a 10ml of it too without trying it first & accidentally broke the bottle one night. It made the room smell like old grandma perfume for quite a while.

:thud:

I liked this the first time I put it on and loved it ever after. Roses and cinnamon-great blend. Pretty, playful, flirty. Thankfully it doesn' t change on me.

It's a keeper.

All I get was roses. I Don't particular like florals, but this is not too bad. Not over cloying like jasmines. And it dry down well. But sadly it don't last. I would say I got it to go for 4-5 hours maybe. Not a fave but will keep this imp when I feel girly flirty.

Ugh, I'm so scared to try this.. Rose and cinnamon?! Not exactly two of my favorite scents..quite the opposite, in fact. However, I must try each and every imp that crosses my threshold, so here goes!

In the Imp: OH HAI ROSE. That is potent. Not a bad rose though, not powdery or old ladyish.

Wet: A nice, sweet rose. Not bad! Very subtle and soothing. I'm not getting any cinnamon, strangely enough.

Dry: Rose single note. No cinnamon, just light rose. It's nice, not for me, but certainly not bad!

Out of 10: 5, aka meh.

In the imp, I get ROSE. Same wet on my skin. Maybe the cinnamon will come out a bit more when it's dry? Nope, it's pretty much straight-up rose; however, I think I can layer this with Saw-Scaled Viper to bring out the cinnamon in the blend and balance the rose.

Edited by Venneh

Anything Rose related makes me nervous ... :nervous: :umm:

Yeah it's a very Rose scent and on me it's just as I knew it would be ... an overwelming Rose Garden!

I must admit that it is very pretty, but I think it would work better in an oil burner than my skin!

Unfortunately, no matter how much I apply, this blend is super light and undetectable unless my nose is right up to my skin. I smell a powdery rose, but I barely smell anything at all. I tested it on a little piece of fabric to see if it will work in a scent locket and it's still weak, but more sour smelling. Sad!

I wanted to love this one. Really, I did.

Wet on skin, it blooms into a quiet rose scent, lightly laced with cinnamon. Counter to all of my expectations, this one starts out demure, lady-like, and almost innocuous. I do like this stage, but it's a very faint skin-scent even on first application. Normally BPAL rose scents waft nicely on me, and cinnamon has always been relatively prominent on me when it's in a blend. And yet the two combined, instead of having a definite presence, seem to diminish each other.

And after about an hour, Harlot fades into nothing.

I'll keep it around, to see if aging strengthens it at all.