Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Wildfire

A traditional blend of woods used in Celtic pyromantic divinatory practices, updated and contemporized with the addition of a fae blend of orris essence, dragon's blood, juniper berry, and red rose.

I love Wildfire. When I first put it on, the first thing I thought was "this is a more sophisticated version of Dragon's Bone." I smell the dragon's blood and the sandalwood, but it's got more complexity and a touch of floral and spice. I love Dragon's Bone, but it's a bit strong for me to wear too often. Wildfire has a slightly toned-down version of that intensity.

I wanted to smell the juniper and dragon's blood (where is the stomping up and down tantrum smilie?) I get roses. And a hint of something spicy that tickles my nose. This one goes soapy on me, a rose spice soap, not what I was hoping for. Bah! stupid skin chemistry :P

It is a beautiful scent in the bottle and I bet someone with the right skin chemistry would make this smell beautiful. :D

I am so thankful for ebay, so I could get this one.

in the bottle: weird and very masculine, sharp woodsy smell but not juniper something else

wet: this was masculine in the bottle?? juniper, roe, beautifl

dry: sigh I adore tintagel, which i bring up often :P , this is very similar in feel to me, it is more floral (the rose i guess) but the juniper, winey smell mixed w/ the roe is just too good. I adore this one. I hope one day it i released again so I can get more. I get hints of all the notes, taking turns tempting me, the dragon's blood, juniper, ect it is just simply devine thank you Beth!

This one isn't really what I expected. I thought it would be mostly woodsy, but the rose is the dominant note on me. I get a faint hint of something green but it's only a hint. This particular oil is strong, only taking a small amount for a good deal of scent, and has a lot of staying power. It's nice enough and not as strongly overpowering as many rose oils, but I'm not much of a rose person and it tends to give me a headache so I probably won't keep it around.

First sniff: There’s a hint of cherry-sweetness around the edges, but the core of Wildfire is strong, grounded woods.

Wearing: It’s a wet red scent… I’m having trouble pinning anything down, but it reminds me quite a bit of Red Moon, with a touch of soft florals. I need to try it again, because it turned mostly to rose on my skin, but it's pretty.

This is not the smoky, ashy fire scent I expected. It's a little green, a little floral, but what I notice the most is an almost metallic tang. It's like a piece of metal heated until white-hot. And then the rose come out to play. And what a gorgeous rose it is! It's the clear, fresh-cut, dewy rose of Rose Red, but softened a bit. I'm *so* glad I got a chance to try this!

This may well be my favorite BPAL. The likeness to Dragon's Bone is definitely there, but the woods add a resonance and depth to it that's rich, sophisticated, and unbelievably gorgeous. The rose comes out as just a hint for me, but it's a full-blown rose that adds the perfect touch of feminity.

I cannot even tell you how much I love this scent. :P :D

It smells like spicy dragon's blood on my skin. I am so glad the rose stays to the back on my skin. It isn't overpowering (too bad!) but a nice scent overall. I would think it would be good to wear to the office because it isn't strong or too offensive, but still unique.

It doesn't last more than a couple hours on me. I am happy to say it doesn't turn to powder on me, just into a very very faint dragon's blood scent.

I was thinking this would be more like Djinn with a fire base. I was wrong. It is full of life, herbal and spice with just a wee hint of floral.

The imp smells very wet and perfume-y to me with a sweetness lingering in the background. Definitely nice.

After I’ve put it on my wrist, the various elements in the oil all blend together but none of them really stand out to me. I can pick out a bit of the berry (and maybe a hint of the dragon’s blood resin) and a floral which must be from the orris (it’s absolutely not a rose scent by far).

Everything strikes me as very feminine and it’s a nice mix of scents. However, I find this to be a very traditional-smelling feminine fragrance. It’s exactly what I’d expect to smell if I walked up to any random department store perfume counter and took a whiff of the first bottle I grabbed. Undoubtedly, it’s my chemistry that’s rendering this somewhat one-dimensional as I have full faith in the Lab’s alchemist abilities to create unique and complex blends. I’m sad that I’m missing out n the smoke and even the rose.

The oil is very Spring-like in my eyes and perfect for the ultimate girlie-girl-turned-woman. It’s just too floral for my personal tastes. Though I might save the imp to test it again at a later date to rule out any wonky body reactions.

This is very floral and berry on me. I snatched it up because I adore dragon's blood as my "signature scent," and I'm pleased that it blends in so beautifully with the juniper. The rose doesn't stand out as much as I thought / hoped it would, and I get no smoke at all. But it is very beautiful and fresh... a green scent on me more than a red one.

Wildfire is warm dragon's blood and rose while it is wet on my skin.

As it begins to dry, the scent intensifies. A hint of smoke or incense enters into the mix along with a faint fruity edge that is likely the juniper.

This is a passionate and electrifying scent. It has a lot of throw and lasts hours without needing reapplication.

In the bottle: Sweet, yet tart. Almost like a sweet tart. Florals & dragon’s blood.

First on: Dragon’s Blood, some pine-y and other woodsy scents are there, maybe pine & cedar? The florals have taken a back seat to the sweet woods for the moment. It’s a very odd combination, but I really like it.

Drydown: The woodsy fades into the floral, and it's left with a great naturesque blend, topped with sweet dragon's blood. Mmm...

I call this one "Heat n' Wheat"

Wildfire has a very warm, "hot" smell, but with underlying "woody" notes, which roots the "heat" (in this aspect it contrasts with Rage, which is firey hot but with no "base"). I didn't notice the florals, but that's all good and fine. A nice scent, but not one I mourn.

I have had this for a while, but only recently tried it due to my avoidance of wearing alot of oils while I was pregnant.

In the bottle: Green and Moist Wood and Florals. Can't pick up anything distinctive yet.

On me wet: I did not pick up any of the warm tones, just the florals really and pretty much just the rose.

On me dry- Its like something green, mixed with rose and baby powder and something that smells a bit like my own body odor (the non icky smell).

My main problem is the rose. I can't really seem to wear rose scents, but even so the drydown isnt too bad. I did not feel the need to wash it off, nor was it distracting.

I wish I could smell more wood and fire notes, but with me it really is more little girlish feminine than my tastes tend to go. Thats it! Its like a scented doll that I had when I was a kid.

Bottle: It smells like really pretty warm flowers.

Just On: Mmm, pretty flowers.

An hour or two later: Soft pretty flowers (and no soap!).

Around 6 hours: Wow, I can't believe it's not soapy. It's quite faded now, but still soft flowers.

12 hours: It's pretty much gone now.

Overall: This is yet another beautiful flower blend, and I can wear it! What a pleasant surprise.

After reading other reviews: Wow, what a totally great blend, and it has elicited so many different reactions. I got none of the deep dark parts of this. It was pretty much all flowers on me, and they worked, which was shocking. Dragon's blood? Nope. Juniper berries? Nope. Woods? Nope. Just flowers.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Rose soap.

In the imp/bottle: This actually smells very fiery! Sharp, cold rose, dragon's blood and something minty.

On skin, wet: Rose! Oy, rose. Seems like a few different types (or perhaps it's the dragon's blood turning floral), but rose all the same.

On skin, dry: Now I'm getting what others have described as soapy. This really does smell like rose-scented soap.

Conclusion: Rose soap? Not for me. It's nice enough in the imp, but once it touches my skin, it's soap -- and I don't like smelling soapy.

Edited by Aredhel

What a beautiful scent. The juniper is the top note on me, just above the rose. I actually can't really smell the dragon's blood very much at all. It's barely there, but just enough to give this floral a little umph. It's a delicate, soft, to die for scent. I'm in love :P

I swapped for an imp of this from OriginalWacky...thanks!

On me Wildfire is dragon's blood and rose mainly at first, then the dragon's blood fades back more to blend with the other notes and the rose is prominent. It's very red and warm with a touch of smoke, and makes me think of red-gold Indian summer afternoons.

The wood, orris, and juniper are giving it a dry feel, sort of like a sun-dried August rose garden ready for burning, which is an interesting image. I like it and I'm glad I got to try it!

Naturally, Wildfire is a red scent (metaphorically speaking, of course). It's not as wild as I'd expected it to be, though. With Wildfire, my first thought, after application was, "Barbie's perfume? Uhhhh..." It really did make me think of a Barbie perfume I sniffed when I was a kid. Thus, I can say that it was probably the dragon's blood and rose that was most apparent i this stage. Afterwards, I just get light, indistinct florals with a hint of redness. I thought orris would be a woodsy or earthy smell, since it was in Dragon's Bone, but if it is, it's not apparent in Wildfire.

Wildfire

I got this in a swap with elenmenal.

When I first put this on it was very sweet, I almost thought I got strawberry (perhaps I interpret rose as strawberry since I got it in Dublin too), but it quickly turned sharply soapy and perfumey. Dry it's softer, sweeter and more powdery but still soapy and perfumey. A very "grown up" scent, the kind of sharp perfume that smells like, well, perfume, end of story, without any detectable notes (I have always wondered why anybody would want to smell like that but they do... Chanel no 5 still sells...). The soapiness reminds me of Vinland and since Wildfire is supposed to be woody I'm scared it's the woods that do this to me. Please let it be something else that turns all sharp and soapy since I really want to love woody perfumes! As it fades it turns less sharp and soapy and more generic rosey/floral. Not for me, I'll retry it once to make sure but it's off to swaps.

Edited by Caltha

I won this along with a host of other LEs off ebay a while ago and it was actually one of the first that I tried. I remember likeing it the first time I wore it, but not...feeling...it enough to really review it. Then it got pushed out of mind by the host of other scents I received and I didn't think to wear it again.

Until today, the first truly cool autumnal day we've had this year where I am, and it seems very appropriate. Unfortunately, Wildfire and I are not getting along so well this time. I cannot pick out any of the notes, but it smells almost plasticy, with the same burnt note that literally burned my skin with Brimstone. It may be a cycle issue, so I may try this one again in a week or so, as I remember it seeming much more rich to me.

Odd, that.

My Impression:

Wow, Although this is discontinued and not available for purchase. IT really should be. I got this on a forum swap from embezel. (Thanks) I am not always that fond of dragon's blood scents. This is the most awesome one yet. I would buy a large bottle if only it were available and if my pocketbook allowed me to. My scale of 1-5... 5+ :P

This is quite possibly my least favorite of all of the limited edition blends that I've tried. It doesn't start off so bad. It smells of dry woods and juniper berry. Sort of cold, dry, and forested.

However, after only about five minutes on my skin, this one starts to get intensely soapy. There is a mingling of bitter rose and metallic dragon's blood that is really making me sick here.

Soap. Bitter, metallic soap. :P Wildfire just doesn't work with my skin chemistry at.all.

wildfire.jpg

I am happy I got to try this one. It is heavy with dragon's blood which gives it sweetness and I think I can smell the juniper in it and something woody as well. This one isn't me but it is a well blended scent that smells very natural and charming.

Wildfire - Ooooh, this is a really, really, really nice scent! It’s warm and sultry, and smells like a magical forest without the dreaded scent of pine or evergreen. It’s warm and woody, bright with the touch of berry, and softly floral. I wish this weren’t so hard to come by. It’s a lovely blend and stays on my skin for several hours before fading, although the throw is fairly light. Still…it’s so warm and such a happy scent. Love it! I’ll have to get more one way or another!

Wildfire 2010 - This smells exactly the same as the original. Sadly, my skin chemistry has changed in the past 18 months with a medication change, and I can't wear dragon's blood much at all anymore. When I put this on now, the dragon's blood amps and overwhelms every other note, so that it comes across pretty much as a dragon's blood single note and I don't smell any of the other notes that made this blend smell so awesome to me before. This is sad. :(

Edited by Edens Sixth Day