Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

The Zieba Tree

A dreamlike, listless scent, misty and hazed, with wisps of white sandalwood, eddying musks the colors of eventide, shimmering pale resins, davana, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach.

This is a very strong and clean scent. Unfortunately, I amp orange blossom like crazy. Also.. orange blossom and I do not get along very well. It really is lovely! Very clean musk, with a touch of fruityness wafting around. It's just that dern orange blossom that kills it for me. Of to swaps you go!

Edited by Purrsnikety

Super light but I love those kinds of scents. It smells pretty similar in the bottle as it does on my skin. I get a light floral from this with a touch of aqua to give it a clean edge. This is one scent that I'm going to have to slather. As I wait for the dry down, I'm starting to detect some fruitiness to it that makes the blend a bit more complex without taking away from its white, clean and quite feminine personality.

In the imp: perfume-y. Floral with a fruity edge and some musk.

Wet: a bit grassy in a wonderful way, with a bit more of that citrus coming out, very present florals and muskiness.

Dry: Boo. I wish this smelled the same dry as it did wet, I was loving that grass. Way too heady for me.

in the imp: Lemony and wonderful.

Wet: holy floral, batman!. I get no resins, no fruit, just a huge burst of nose tingling, get it away from me floral.

Drydown: The floral starts to fade and then it just smells like soap. I can almost smell a hint of something resinous, like the sandalwood, but it is overpowered by the soapy smell.

Verdict: I wanted to like this very badly, but I don't. It takes a very very special floral to work on my skin.

The Zieba Tree is hauntingly beautiful. Spicy, woodsy, with the barest hint of lemon and peach. White sandalwood is at the forefront - dry, crisp, and together with resins creates this dreamy feminine scent. Lemon and Orange blossom add spice and sweetness and the peach rounds it all out. Love it. Bottle worthy.

To me this is a pale, bright woody scent. The lemon and orange blossoms do give a citrus tinge, but it's more floral than traditional citrus. The lemon blossom especially is quite strong. No peach. This scent is fresh and sharp.

In the imp, this is a very strong citrus floral, I'm getting the lemon and the orange blossom first and foremost. On my skin, it's pretty much those two notes, and they're amping to become either cleaning solution or Fruit Loops, one of the two. We'll see if it mellows out at all. Well, it does end up mellowing out... to nothing. Hurm. Not quite for me.

Edited by Venneh

Okay this one is just odd. I got this as a frimp from the lab and tossed into my guy's pile as soon as I sniffed it. He wore it last night and it was sandalwoody goodness on him. A touch of sweet, a touch of green. Then I looked up the noted :blink: Yeah, that should be all girly. But not on him!

Very woodsy but I'm guessing the peach blossom and orange blossom give it that slightly sweet edge to keep it from becoming overpowering. But, then again, my guy has some odd skin chemistry (he can make sweet scents smell serious sexy!) so not all too surprising, lol.

Ah, looking at the ingredients, I really wanted to like this! :( Unfortunately, on me it smelled like floral laundry detergent, or maybe a generic floral body mist. It was sharp and floral in a way that irritated my sinuses when I took a deep sniff. I got a bit of citrus in it as it dried down, maybe a whiff of peach, but I wasn't able to pick out any individual notes. On me, the scent was not very complex.

As far as throw, it was pretty strong on me. I used two or three drops on the top of one arm, and I could smell it pretty strongly without putting my arm up to my nose.

*sigh* Still in search of my perfect floral, I think.

(my first ever review so please forgive my noobish-ignorance!)

In the imp: 'Ooh - Aloe!' Or so I thought. I didn't have the scent description with me, but it reminded me of some aloe vera sunburn stuff I had as a kid - and not in a bad way - I liked that smell! I was a little bit disappointed to read that there is no aloe in this scent - as I've seen it pop up in other scent descriptions and was pleased with myself for having picked it out. :blush2:

Wet: From aloe vera to yummy shampoo! I can't pick out any of the scents but I thought it would be lovely if my hair smelled that way - nice and fresh and clean.

Dry: After about two hours it is still going strong, but it's turned into the nice dryer-sheet smell. Very nice, but, not very me. I would like my clothes or my car or my house to smell like this - light and fresh and bright - but not so much my skin. I'm thinking I might throw some Zieba Tree-soaked cotton balls into my linen chest.

So far all the Rappaccini oils I've tried have been frimps, and this is no exception - I'm not a really planty kind of guy, I guess :P I like the promises of resins and davana, but lemon and orange blossom does not sound good (orange blossom especially is a death note for me), and the peach could go either way.

In the imp - barely there, I can only smell very, very faint fruit and incense.

On wet - still barely there. This is so very light! This'll be nice for after the shower when I don't want to wear something intense.

Drydown - unbelievably faint, just a wee wiff of sandalwood and citrus blossom. I can't get over how light this is. Am keeping it for post-shower pampering.

I get the sandalwood first. There are some sweet flowers with it. It's soft and pleasant, a little bit mysterious.

:::ZIEBA TREE:::

Rappaccini's Garden is a constant in incredible and arcane fragrances.

The Zieba Tree is no exception.

If a tree like this exists anywhere, there is going to have to be one just off the balcony where coffee or tea will be enjoyed every morning. Naked.

From the Imp: Soft and wooing.

The Zieba Tree is remarkably smooth.

The Lemon Blossom, Orange Blossom, and Sandalwood blend to generate a glowing, polished force-field an almost sonic quality; yes,The Zieba Tree almost sings. It is like the castrati of legend, purifying and rededicating his love of all things eternal to the music of thunder.

On the Skin: Undeniably ethereal. Gorgeous.

The Zieba Tree proudly displays Her resins here; expertly weaving them throughout the complexities of the precipitous blossoms and the Sandalwood and the Musks.

The Peach provided the perfect amount of crisp lushness in this formula. A true treasure of the orchard.

The Zieba Tree is fantastic.

Glow-in-the-dark on Him, Faery-wings on Her.

4 out of 5.

At first this defintely seemed very floral and I was getting nervous. The dry down is a lovely blend of sandalwood, musk and the orange blossom.

The orange blossom gives it just enough floral/citrus notes that it's not overly incensey with the sandalwood and musk and the sandalwood and musk make it just heavy enough to not be all girly flowers.

A pretty blend all around!

There is something really familiar about The Zieba Tree. I can't remember which other BPAL it is reminding me of, which makes me a little crazy. Initially, there's a quick punch of citrus, then the hazy aspects of the perfume set in. There is a hint of aquatic, maybe, and a silvery, solid scent. There are some florals, but they don't set my teeth quite on edge. As the oil continues to dry down, there is a woodiness that appears. I'm not a big fan of this wood note, sadly. With it comes an almost pepperminty, bubblegummy scent. Ugh, the bubblegum is not working for me at all and now that I've smelled it, I can't un-smell it. I liked the first hour's wear, but The Zieba Tree lost me in the dry down.

In the imp: Ooooh. Dreamlike, indeed. I really like the way this smells!

Wet: Wow! Misted blossoms. It’s like a garden where the blooms are just starting to open, early in the morning when there’s fog and dew everywhere. The oil even feels cold on my skin.

Drydown: Vaguely shampooish.

Later: This is OK upon extended wear, but it still has a tang of shampoo. Not for me, unfortunately.

On me, this is an unassuming clean fresh scent. It's pleasant and sunny, and I can see why lots of reviewers mentioned shampoo or soap. I don't get much in the way of peach or resins, to me this is mostly soapy lemon blossom and bright white sandalwood. It's nice, workplace-friendly, and I do like it. I just don't love it.

Very blossomy without being totally floral. The lemon and orange blossom really tie together in this so that I'm unable to pick them out completely. The sandalwood creates a very good base for this scent but it is a bit dry for my tastes. The musk is nice and apparent as well. Musky blossomy sandalwood = nice blend. :wub2:

It goes on kinda planty, but then it blossoms. Reminds me of soft, sort of dewy petals. I would like this a lot except that something in this (one of the pale resins, maybe?) is going powdery on me. I like davana and was really hoping this one would work for me, but I don't think this is the one for me.

I completely love this in the description and even more once I smell it in the bottle. Unfortunately, it is a lovely smelling dryer sheet on me. Drat I really was excited about this one.

In bottle: This is a good fit for the concept. It is heady, yet light. It is a little too fabric softener for me, but the blend of florals and resins creates a complex evening garden sort of effect. The musks blend beautifully with the sandalwood and other resins. The florals are dominant, but it’s not the standard florals. Given the contents, I’m opting against skin testing, since my che,mistry will break this all down into non sense, but it would make a pleasant breezy late spring sort of scent for the right woman.

Sniffed: A watery floral of a blue-green colour, light and dewy.

On skin: The Zieba Tree is a gentle, airy floral-aquatic, touched with some sugar sweetness. Beautiful in its simplicity. Furthermore, it doesn't morph or lose the aquatic component, as most floral-aquatics tend to do on my skin -- which I'm very pleased about! It reminds me of Love-in-Idleness -- both are similar pure florals of a blue-green colour (to my nose). Dirty is quite similar too, touched with a little citrus; as is Moon Rose. Colour impression is colourless, transparent water... perhaps tinged with the lightest blue.

Alright - I wrote this review without looking at the notes, so I'm mighty nonplussed to see the actual notes list is quite different from my scent impression!

Verdict: What a beautiful blend! I would never have thought to try The Zieba Tree if the Lab hadn't frimped me! I have to hang on to this, for sure.

Imp: Pear and woods and green, a cool and sweet scent

On skin: The green is stronger, still cool and sweet and refreshing.

Dry down: The ozone is quite strong here, green and fruity. Still somehow manages to be light.

Dry: Everything has now mostly settled, it's faint but sweet and powdery.

Verdict: I was surprised at this. It's actually a really beautiful scent that is strong at first but still sweet and light. I hoped it would last longer but I would definitely buy a bottle if I finish my imp.

The Zieba Tree

On: I'm definitely getting a fruity vibe from this, but with a lot of powder and musks. Very pretty.

Half an hour in: Powdery, fruity, and very perfumey.

5 hours in: Powdery and a bit earthy.

Overall: This was really nice when I first put it on, but my skin chemistry makes it boring.

Lemon and/or lemon blossom always ruins scents for me. I get very faint citrus cleaner from this blend, and nothing else. :(