Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Sea Foams Blood

When you return go alone, just you and the children and when you approach the beach then call for me:

Zilvine, Zilvineli,
If alive, may the sea foam milk
If dead, may the sea foam blood...

And if you see coming towards you foaming milk then know that I am still alive, but if blood comes then I have reached my end. While you, my children, let not the secret out, do not let anyone know how to call for me.

Blood rising through an ocean wave.

straight sniff from imp is a spicy dragon's blood and a sliver of aquatic goodness...

once applied, the spice and sea share equal billing that is truly electrifying!!

aaaargh maytee!!! a pirates blend, indeed for all the lost souls and treasures 'neath the ocean floor...

hand in hand, this proves to have great sillage and will be a big bottle purchase...

a most beloved ptown scent this shall be :P

(bows humbly to the almighty creator)

In bottle: Sharp and sweet, it has the vaguely floral ocean scent typical of BPAL with something that smells like slightly salty dragon’s blood. Wet: Mostly dragon’s blood with a hint of ocean and a faint bight of salt. The smell gets more complex as it warms though, interesting notes that make up the “ocean” scent come out to play in strange combination with the “blood.” It is ladylike, but not in any easily quantified way. Dry; mostly the sea scent with a hint of dragon’s blood. It’s much more masculine now and rather reminds me of The Phoenix’s dry down.

I pretty much only ordered this to go with, "the sea foams milk." Dragon's blood blends, though I have liked several, don't always agree with me.

This was much nicer than I expected.

This is a light, delicate scent on me. I *had* thought that I only liked dragon's blood in a blend where it mostly dissapeared, but this is nice. Very delicate dragon's blood with just a hint of sea air.

It is never strong. It lasts on me over twelve hours, though.

OMG. Need a bottle of this. It's lovely, aquatic, and has that blood note. Dear God I love this scent!!!! Very cool, nice for evoking a cool beach day. It's more ladylike than the Phoenix, but not girly. I would definitely wear this by the seaside, maybe layered with Black Pearl.

Unexpectedly nice--I love dragon's blood, but it can be so very sweet on me. The saltwater note here calms down the cloying power of the dragon's blood and makes this quite wearable. Unisex, strong, nice throw.

imp: all saltwater. very fresh anf crisp.

wet: quite sharp once applied. it's very strong saltwater. there is not really a dragon's blood or blood accord note on my skin, but there is somethig tangy in the background.

dry: the tangy-ness fades after about 30-40 minutes and leaves a very fresh saltwater scent which lasted a good while on my skin.

This was a frimp from the lab that I was happy to try because blood + aquatic = death for me, so I would have never ordered it on my own. Yup...death. Nice to have tried it though :)

I have no idea how beth does this...but sea foam's blood smells like fresh, green and blue sea water..with hints of metallic notes..which I am assuming is the blood. This one lives up to it's name...

In the imp: Deep, dreamy blues and greens, almost but not quite floral. This is cool, fresh ocean water, with maybe a hint of sweet dragon's blood, but not much. This is really all about the water.

On, wet: Wow, this is potent on my skin! :eek: These are dark waters, and now I'm getting some salt with it—very much like a grotto filled with ocean water. The dragon's blood is piping up, too, adding sweetness and that little touch of lilac-y floral.

On, dry: Much the same, although now the ocean water and dragon's blood are blended, rather than distinct notes. Dragon's blood always smells like cherries and lilacs on me, so it's making this a distinctly feminine blend, even though the saltwater keeps it from being overly sweet. Rather than an ocean with blood, it makes me think more of Egle calling out to the depths for her husband, her perfume mingling with the smell of the sea.

Later: Sweet dragon's blood, with an aquatic undertone.

Overall: I've never tried an aquatic before—somehow the category always scared me off—but I'm surprised to find that I like this. It's very evocative of the ocean and that section of Egle's story, and it has a cool, dark, mysterious feel to it. It would be perfect for Summer, I think. It has absolutely massive throw and wear length for me, which is nice, although I'll have to be sparing about applying it if I don't want to knock people over with the aquatic-y, lilac-y goodness.

I'm so glad the lab frimped this to me, because I doubt I'd have tried it otherwise.

The Sea Foams Blood starts off smelling like dish soap on me, but mellows out in the drydown to smell like a fancy floral hand soap and dryer sheets. I don't smell any blood or darkness here - just soapiness and sweet floral.

This is just way too soapy for me.

In the bottle – Smoke and wood

Wet on me – Smoky wood and a touch of vetiver

Dry on me – Vetiver

Overall – It rattles straight from smoke to vetiver and I think it could do with picking up some of the other notes

This one was a nice aquatic with a hint of metallic blood when on wet. As it dried, it smells like dryer sheets and soap.

PASS.

It has the salt tang of the ocean laced with dragon's blood...and something else that smells like zesty, light citrus. Refreshing and a little spicy. It's pretty unisex, I can see this smelling good on...well, anyone. And I love the name..."That fragrance, it's enchanting. What is it?" "Oh, The Sea Foams Blood." :lol:

auqatic! very :wink: and the milk is barely there.. atleast on my skin there is only fresh sefoam to smell :tongue:

it's nice, especially for summer, but I think I'm not gonna go for a whole bottle :unsure:

I just wanted some more milk

Received a frimp with my order. This was on my wishlist, so I'm very happy to have gotten it.

in vial: dragon's blood, sea salt and bright pretty florals.

wet on skin: bright red, sweet flowers in salt water with the dragon's blood base.

drying: pretty much stays true to form.

later: getting much more of the metallic tang over the sweetness of the florals now. It's turned a bit sharp.

overall: I adore dragon's blood. I love all but one of the ars draconis, so I'm going to be a bit partial anyway. I went and sniffed Dragon's Tears and gave myself a little test dot. Sea Foams Blood is in this same category, but whereas Dragon's Tears is a bit more salty and turns sweet, the Sea Foams Blood starts very sweet and turns very salty with an almost shiny metallic zing.

Very glad to have tried this. Bottle worthy? Perhaps, but not right this instant.

In the bottle: tangy aquatic, with a sharp iron note (blood, I assume) lingering as an after-smell.

Wet on wrist: this is *really* complex on me! I lived on an island for a while, and the beach was a national park so you just got straight-up sea + sand smells without boardwalk smells interfering...this really reminds me of that. I get a hint of the smell of a store where I'd often buy saltwater taffy...but it's not foodie in the least, not even close. There's a scent of wind over the channel that I remember -- salty, but not heady. There's a salty edge to it that bursts in after the initial soft almost floral top note. But it's not a heady floral at all, it's almost like the tiiiiniest hint of...sunblock lotion? I think it might just be my brain associating whatever that scent is with the lotion, but it's really nice, whatever it is. Again, this is quite complex! On the drydown: This is a very clean scent. Not aquatic in the sense of oh-my-god-I-fell-in-the-pool at all, like so many commercial aquatics tend to be like on me. This is the scent of the water pooling in a sandcastle's moat, with a tinge of iron in there (the blood note?).

I really wasn't expecting this to work on me because I fear aquatics, but I've never tried a BPAL aquatic, and now I feel like I'm going to have to try more!I'm really surprised how much I love this. It's really unique.

auqatic! very :wink: and the milk is barely there.. atleast on my skin there is only fresh sefoam to smell :tongue:it's nice, especially for summer, but I think I'm not gonna go for a whole bottle :unsure:I just wanted some more milk

I'm not sure there was supposed to be milk in this one. You may be thinking of the Sea Foam's Milk. :)

One hour later after application: WHOAH this became a bit heady...sort of like floral dusting spray/floral detergent. Normally I like clean linen/cottony smells, but this is really just the floral note added to the detergent, not the detergent itself, if that makes sense. :-/ I liked it a lot initially, but it amped up on me all of a sudden, and now it's a bit much -- rather headache-inducing, almost. :( :( :( Not *bad*, but too strong for me for that scent.

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

In the bottle: Light peach-coloured oil. Heady, soapy florals and salty aquatic notes. I fear dragon's blood due to floral soap and colour. :\

Wet: Fresh, slightly sharp and heady florals indeed....lilac, maybe also some narcissus and maybe some jonquil. Much more green and floral, less salty/oceanic.

Dry: Yeah, still db-heavy floral, going soapy-sharp as it does on my skin. At least it's not sweet. A bit more of the salty aquatic note has emerged.

Later: Increasingly soapy-clean and salty-aquatic. It also really amps in throw, greatly. Fortunately some of the heady-floralness dies down.

Summary: Salty, aquatic slightly bitter green soap with hints of floral dragon's blood. A bit cologney. It actually dries down quite nicely, and would probably work well on man. Great throw & longevity.

In the imp: Dragon's Blood and water, with a sharp metallic smell.

On: At first, it's just what the notes sound like - it's aquatic and balanced by the warm DB and a little metal tang.

Later, it becomes Super Aquatic, and nothing else. This is what I get, fish that I am, I amp water like nobody's business. I'll keep it for the boy to try, because I liked the early stages. On my skin though, it could be any nice BPAL aquatic scent. I wish I liked them more.

This is a very light scent.

If there is dragon's blood in this blend, A) I can't smell it and B) dragon's blood is usually gross on me.

I smell a light aquatic scent, with something gently rough in the background after drydown. All I can think of is a mall beauty product, but one of their exclusive poncy high-end ones. Something keeps peeking through that is floral and smiling, but it refuses to be pinned down - I can't smell it if I sniff my skin. It has to waft by.

Imp: Clean aquatic and a touch of dragon's blood.

Wet: More dragon's blood. Oh blodo scents, why are you so... hard to pin down? Blood accord, blood musk, dragon's blood... all seem to be listed simply as "blood" at some point and it's starting to mess with my fragile little mind. Luckily I like pretty much any note that has "blood" as a descriptor so it works out but this is totally not what I was expecting. This winds up being a cool aquatic (the same one from Pirate Moon!!!) with a sort of evolving dragon's blood scent.

Dry: A lovely, fresh aquatic with a sweetening, resinous dragon's blood. The aquatic note adds a nice contrast. It's a simple but interesting scent. Very sweet and skin warm.

Throw: Average.

Overall: I expected this scent to smell like... uh... Jaws. Instead it is a really pretty dragon's blood with a bit of an aquatic edge. Not necessarily a favourite but I think it's something that will definitely grow on me with time.

I'm another person who usually gets lilac out of dragon's blood, and that's the case here. The aquatic aspect is slightly salty -- definitely ocean, not lake or river! -- but my nose insists that the combination of the light floral and the blue watery notes equals fancy hotel soap. *sigh*

The Sea Foams Blood

The Lab has been frimpin' fantastically lately. This is another that I was frimped and would never have chosen on my own. Blood? Foamy blood? No thanks. But it. is. gorgeous. It's not really bloody at all. It's aquatic. A beautiful aquatic--and I don't usually like aquatics too much. This is tangy salt water. Maybe a tinge of metallic, but mostly just sea water. And maybe grapefruit. ;)

ehhh...

In the Imp: sharp, powerful salt and metal

On the Skin right away: Does not morph over much, less metal... and something sweet is seeping through...

After a while: sweet salt?!?! :S HOW does that even happen lol...

Overall: smells a bit like... sweat that has been covered up with a VERY thick floral perfume. The throw is insane.... has lasted about two days!!!

I don't like aquatics, but this was a frimp, so let's give it a go!

In the Imp: Sour and gross. It does smell like the sea though, like Indian Sea in Cape Breton.

Wet: Hmm, a nice ocean breeze. This is very calming, and I actually kind of like it. It doesn't have the green note that disagreed with me in Lyonesse, which I suspect is ambergris.

Dry: It smells like ocean-scented soap! It's uncanny. It's nice, but def not for me. I don't want to smell like soap.

Out of 10: 5

In the imp: It's both fruity and aquatic. The initial hint is of lemons, sharp seawater, and some vague 'red fruit', with just a faint hint of what might be dragonsblood.

On me: The lemons back off, although it's still present. The aquatic note also tends to back way off, though it lends a faintly soaplike quality. The main notes (although this seems to fade quite a bit on my skin) is a warm, 'red' incensy quality comprised of dragonsblood and what might well be frankincense. It has a throw that's more like plum or even possibly cranberry. It might also contain carnation?

Final thoughts: Well... it's inoffensive. I don't hate it (like most aquatics), but it's really not me. It reminds me faintly of a candle shop for some reason, and it fades fairly quickly. However, if you want a warmer, richer scent that's still got those aquatic notes, then this might be what you're after.

Edited since I found out it's not unreleased. Whoops. *cough*

Edited by Nachtwulf