Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foxroses

Lilith Victoria

Snake Oil blended with Dorian, plus soft vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel.

I'm sort of shocked that I'm the first person to get/start a review on this. My first review thread! :P

Some people did review this over in the Will Call threads though :D

I should note before I begin that I took a chance on this, and lavender and I don't get along that well, haha.

In the Bottle:
I get tons of lavender! Yikes! I can tell there's something else there but all I really smell is lavender.

Wet On:
Much softer, and very floral. I can tell there is some Dorian mixed in, as I recognize that soft tea/vanilla smell underneath. The lavender is fading as it dries but it's still a very prominent note.

Mostly Dry:
I do get some fennel here as its getting dry, but not significantly, and it doesn't smell like the anise/fennel in Huesos de Santos to me either. It's a very nicely blended floral; I can't pick out vanilla flower or lily of the valley, but I know they are there, nice and smooth. I don't get any Snake Oil but I will report back once it's been worn for a few hours.

I haven't worn this for a full day yet but my general consensus is its really nice and soft, very baby floral, but also very lavender. I get more Dorian than Snake Oil but again, will report back once I wear it more!

edit: I'm getting some throw when I'm typing that is just DELICIOUS. I'm not sure what it is but I'm 99% sure it's coming from LV (as opposed to Lady Lilith on the other arm, haha). Yummm.

edit the second: NOW I'm getting Snake Oil. My boyfriend said it smelled like dryer sheets, and it went through a kind of weird phase but now I get a lot of SO and I really like it. I like it a lot more than SO by itself! Edited by mitsukai

Please note: I am really bad at reviews! But since this is still available and some people might still be waiting to order, here goes...

In the bottle: Nice, a bit Snake Oily, but I can smell the lavender on the tail end of the sniff along with a little something powdery

On, something reminds me of Western Diamondback, maybe the fennel standing in for the sage?

After a few minutes, something about it also reminds me of Cottonmouth, the sugaryness of Dorian coming out maybe?

Drying, this is sweet and warm. Reminds me a lot of Cottonmouth, but in place of the florals is Dorian :D

This is really beautiful! :P

If you have any love for SO or Dorian, you must have this scent. I'm a big fan of both, though I find SO a little strong sometimes, and Dorian a little sweet at times. This one is an absolutely perfect blend of the two. Dorian comes out a little more strongly at first, cut a bit by the lavendar. However, it's not LAH-VIN-DAAAAR! as it appears in many blends (not a fan) and I think it adds a bit more depth and innocence to what are two damned sexy blends. I don't get any of the fennel or florals, and once the Dorian fades, the best aspects of the snake oil emerge, with a very soft throw.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. My favorite scent to be released in the last year or so. I can't wait to see how this ages.

in the bottle lavender. or, if you prefer, OMFGLAVENDERRRRRRRRRRRR! this bodes ill

wet on skin well, gee. bye, lavender, nice knowing you. on, this is your basic dorian only darker and sweeter. my biggest problem with dorian was the sweetness, but the darkness of snake oil's resins are really evening this out and keeping it from being in the least cloying.

dry on skin dark, sultry vanilla. also, vanilla. and vanilla. did i mention vanilla? this is a vanilla lover's dream and i'm pretty damn enamoured of it myself. this makes love's philosophy seem like the world's biggest vanilla wuss.

hate dorian? try it. hate snake oil? try it. hate vanilla flower, lily of the valley, lavender, and fennel? try it! i was prepared to really disenjoy this scent and i was highly wrong! i love it!

Edited by ravenfeathers

In the bottle: This is sparking some indistinct memory I can't quite place. I smell lavender at the fore, which is not uncommon when it's in a blend; lavender is a pushy little plant!

Wet: This is really well-blended; it's hard to pick out the notes. Vanilla and tea, with the lavender keeping it sprightly. A tiny bit of fennel way at the back makes it playful.

Dry: This is really lovely. Now Dorian's musks are coming up, and the Snake Oil has completely tamed the wild lavender without overwhelming it. Then I get the tea, which has a faint tobacco to it. It's a pu-erh or Russian tea, smoked, not some namby-pamby orange pekoe. :P

This is a complex blend, sweet and oddly childlike without being cloying or babyish. It's just beautiful. I love it.

I took a chance on this one, because I don't like lavender and the feelings are mutual. Also although I don't know what fennel smells like, I'm not too eager to smell like it.

Sniffing out of the bottle it's LAVENDER, LAVENDER and then some. I'm scared even to try it, but if there's SO and Dorian in there, surely it must be nice at least.

Wet on my skin it's still lavender but already a bit softer.

A few minutes on, I can sniff Dorian's tea, along a hint of something a bit flowery? I'm already warming up to this scent.

As it dries down lavender is really subued and I can get a bit of the soft throw of aged SO, not intense like when it's new.

My overall feeling is of wonderful, soft, quiet blend. I have the feeling Lilith Victoria is her Daddy's girl as I mostly get the soft tea, and exquisite musks of Dorian. SO is there as the base, the "cement" that binds all this love together.

An exquisite and eminently wearable scent. Hoard-worthy.

The bottle art is lovely, too: a little girl in red riding cape and hat, holding a few playing cards in her hand like Mme Moriarty does in her bottle. I love the symbolism, for Mommy's girl too.

Edited by ifinena

i love dorian, but the weirdest thing happened when i wore it. after the first few times i couldn't smell it. AT ALL. everyone else could though. and since i wear perfumes to please myself first. i sold my bottle. the same thing happens with egyptian musk on me...but if i take a break i can smell it again.

snake oil i love as well. it is warm and cozy, salty and deliciously dark.

i love lavender, lily, and fennel.

i LOVE lilith victoria.

it smells strongly of lavender-infused dorian (i can smell the dorian!!) resting on a bed of snake oil. it smells like a vintage perfume bottle. it is a little sharp but in a furry sort of way. like the needle-y teeth of a puppy.

It's funny - I did buy a bottle of Dorian early on when I started with BPAL, and I tried desperately to love it but there was something in it that just smelled off to me and it made me sick smelling it for too long at a time so I ended up selling or swapping it away. Likewise with Snake Oil - it didn't smell off, but it was too sharp and gritty even after aging that I never really took to it (although I love Asp Viper!)

Despite that I just had a feeling that I'd like Lilith Victoria, which is why I bought two bottles right off unsniffed... And we have a winner, baby!

The Snake Oil is softer and Dorian lends its lovely sugared vanillas, and I feel slightly dirty saying this but it makes one hell of a sexy scent on me. I'm barely noticing the lavender, but maybe that is because I get along well with lavender and it's not the main focus of this blend so I don't take much notice of it. I DO smell the fennel faintly and even though it might usually be off putting to me it doesn't bother me here - there is not a whole lot of it and what is there morphs away pretty fast on me.

All in all this is made of win! And I'll see if I can squeeze some more bottles out of my budget before they take these down.

wow. i quite like this.

at first in the bottle and on me, it was strangely like some bubble bath i remember from childhood. like something from Avon... or Mr. Bubble.

But that faded quickly. Then it smelled like a doll. maybe like i took my doll in the bath with me. then i walked outside and it just bloomed.

that was last night.

today i put it on and the bubblebathyness was completely gone. it is soft, feminine, lovely. i never tried dorian before... and didn't really like snake oil but do love Boomslang and Temple Viper so ... took a chance on this. and I'm really glad I did.

New favorite.

first of all, i must say that i LOVE the illustration on this bottle- it is SO cute, and exactly what little Lilith must surely become with her particular set of parents! :D but i digress...

in the bottle: fresh Snake Oil, cream tea and a hint of lemon.

wet on skin: yup- that's Snake Oil and Dorian, alright! :D

dry down: the Snake Oil is actually not overpowering in this blend. Dorian and the vanilla flower are balancing it nicely, creating something impish, graceful and a bit naughty :P

in all: yummy, musky and sweet, i have to say, of the three "baby" oils, this one, to me, seems most adult- the one i'd mostly likely wear to a club when i wanted to make sure i got plenty of suitors to choose from as dance partners!

:D

The perfect blend of Dorian Tea and Snake oil. The fennel makes it smell green and light. I love this and I am so glad that I bought this bottle. :P

In the bottle, I could smell the Dorian, fennel, and lavender. On me, the lavender springs forward. It isn't misbehaving and I like lavender, so this is reasonable even if not intended. The lily of the valley is there in the background with the fennel and a little bit of the vanilla flower and Dorian. It seems that the Snake oil is off sleeping. New motherhood will do that.

This smells gorgeous. It is so much more that just a combo of Snake Oil and Dorian. The two are there, but there is an added sweetness of vanilla, the hint of florals, and the fennel lends an earthiness, together they make a beautiful scent.

It is sweet lovely perfection. I cannot wait to see how it ages.

This one moves in stages on me - first I get strong lavender, then Dorian, then Snake Oil. I'm not acquainted enough with Snake Oil to determine the "extra" notes, but there is a really strong herbal smell at the base of this, which I'm thinking is the fennel. Overall, this is pretty deep and dark. I guess I was hoping that it would come out more as Dorian on me than Snake Oil, but I'm sure that this is going to age spectacularly, so I'm going to keep it and see what happens.

This is a really lovely scent, more snake oil than dorian to me (though I've never smelled dorian). However, I get no lavender or fennel or tea...what it smells like more than anything to me is a mixture of the vanilla and amber oils I bought from C.O. Bigelow a few years ago and would wear together. Lovely, seductive, but not too heavy.

In the bottle: lavender!!

Wet: lavender tea

Drydown: at first lavender and fennel and sweetened iced tea. (Dorian smells just like Lipton sweetened ice tea to me!) The lavender and fennel remind me of Lush's Playdoze bubble bar, a favorite!

Then the lavender and fennel fade and I'm left with snuggly warm vanilla and a very very faint floral note.

Throw: medium to high

:P

This scent is DIVINE!!!! For all of you Dorian lovers out there...this is a MUST HAVE!!!! Dorian+Lavender= :P

I get mostly the sweet tea of Dorian....not very much (if any) snake oil.....plus lavender...but not in your face lavender....this is a very feminine version of Dorian.....very soft and very lovely.

I HEART THIS SCENT!!!!

Vanilla Dorian when first applied. The vanilla quickly amps up, making me think of Underpants, with a hint of Snake Oil. Dries down to vanilla dorian again. Very nice wear length and throw. I don't smell the lavender. Good stuff for sure!

This one REALLLY disappointed me. I love all the notes, including the lavender. And Snake Oil + Dorian sounds absolutely amazing.

In bottle: LAVENDER!!! If I sniff deeply, I cant get a HINT of the Dorian. It actually made me sick to my stomach.

On skin wet: Dorian is coming out a bit more, but it's still heavily lavender on me.

Dry down: That's better. Dorian with something else I can't place. The lavender has settled down. But I think I'm only going to need one bottle of this stuff.

Oh baby!

This scent may be in honor of a child, but it's not childlike in the least.

This is lavender Snake Oil with lemon and tea (the Dorian; Dorian itself has lavender in it). The lavender is pretty well-behaved. I catch occasional whiffs of vanilla as well.

This appears to have massive throw.

Okay, brief review here because there's only one thing I can think of when I smell this on myself: it smells exactly like a Cabbage Patch preemies doll that I had in the late 80s/early 90s. Sweet, soft, and not wholly unlike baby powder. It's not what I expected from the notes, but I've never tried Snake Oil or Dorian, so... I didn't really know what to expect.

This is not particularly lavendery on me, though I can detect a little bit of that and certainly a bit of sweet fennel. But that's about as far as I can analyze this because seriously, my brain just keeps shouting about Cabbage Patch dolls.

So, yeah... I actually really like this a lot.

LILITH VICTORIA

In Bottle: Sweet and herbal

On Skin: I was scared at first, the lavender was overwhelming in the bottle... but on my skin it mellowed out and the vanilla came forward quickly. There's the soft spice of Snake Oil and the tea note from Dorian. The lavender and fennel are very herbal, a bit minty. The lily of the valley is a soft sweet floral in the back fround. I loved this scent at first, but the vanilla and the herbs blended togther almost have that plasticy mint note I got from Love's Philosophy and that didn't agree with me at all. I'm up and down on this one, I love it for the most part but then every so often I get that plastic note. Still, so very gentle and baby like. Light throw and average wearlength.

I was scared of it at first sniff - all lavender and what has to be fennel. Very herby. On, the immediate wet stage - its very strong lavender and I was discouraged. As it dries, I get a very strong Dorian vibe, then a throw back to the lav/fennel - then the final stage where i can distinctly smell Dorian and Snake Oil, and I love it =) I can still smell hints of the lav/fennel under - but the dorian/snake oil is stronger.

Very Nice. Very glad I have a bottle. Quit waffling and Go get a bottle =)

bottle: this is like dorian with vanilla and a hint of lavender.

wet: the snake oil is so well blended with the other notes that i am getting no skin reaction (snake oil makes me itchy for a few minutes after i apply). whatever that soft vanilla flower note is, it's what i'm getting most strongly with the dorian and snake oil as a backdrop.

dry: wow. this is truly dorain and snake oil mixed with an incredibly rich, yet soft, vanilla holding the whole thing together. this is gorgeous!

Bottle: totally lavender, but the herby lavender rather than the floral lavender, which is generally softer and gentler.

On me: I am assuming that's Dorian that I smell, because there's not a trace of Snake Oil that I can pick up - of course, it being fresh, that may not be the case in two months, but right now it's mostly sweet (but not syrupy sweet) lavender tea with a gentle background of vanilla.

This is very interesting. Into the aging box with this one...