Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
greenranger

Mead Moon

Golden mead, fermented with fruit, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, ginger root, sweet-briar, rosemary, and lemon.

Wet....smells like Queen...what IS that note? Is it hops? I wish I knew, it's such hearth-y grain, especially sweetened by honey.

After @20 minutes...honey lemon (but luckily I don't get any medicinal/cough drop feel).

Nice!! Very nice.

In the bottle – Yep, that’ll be mead then

Wet on me – Mead, extra honey and … strawberries?

Dry on me – Sweet, soft, sticky honey

Overall – On me this might as well be a honey single note, but as I love honey that’s fine by me

My most favorite of scents (OK, after LV) - a rich fruited honey - I feel SO comfortable wearing it! (and I've found mixing Lush's B Never & Flying Fox are pretty close to this scent as a body wash ;) )

So glad I picked up a few bottles - the scent is just getting richer as it ages! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

This is all lemon and honey on me. Very similar smelling to Gennivre without the tea. I like it a lot, but I'm glad I sniffed this before spending a bajillion dubloons on a bottle! It's reeeaaaallly nice, but a decant will probably be enough for me!

Golden grains, sticky honey, mead, hint of lemon. Total comfort scent! Not dry or herbal, sweet but not candied.

Why do I always like the ones that are selling for $25-30 a bottle?!?! :huh:

In bottle: A faint hint of honey...I can't smell the lemon at all. It's very warm, but not strong. Like autumn. It smells like a warm autumn night.

Wet: it's much sweeter now, but not in a sickly way. More like...the party has started, and people are dancing under the moon. :lol:

Dry: Rich honey and mead and warm autumn, all blurring together. Nothing really stands out to me, making it very warm without being overpowering at all. Definitely love this one!

Mead Moon 2008

Whoa, honey. This is pretty much all honey, all the time. At one point, I thought I got a whiff of the undelying spices, but it's mostly just deep, rich honey.

In bottle: Soft and sweet.

On me, wet: Warm, soft, gently spicy. Honeyish. A very gentle scent – reminds me a bit of Dana O’Shee.

On me, drying: It has a beeswaxy note now. Then turns to smooth, creamy honey.

Verdict: I particularly appreciate that this scent doesn’t get gross at any point in the drydown. Keeper.

ETA: After it’s been on me for a few hours, it develops a slight tobaccoey tarnish. It’s a negative, but a relatively mild one.

Bottle: Uh oh. It's THAT honey. The one I think is in Jezebel. But there appears to be many different types of honey. And some nutmeg.

Wet: There's a hint of fruity sharpness but it's kind of working on my skin. Definitely smelling the rosemary and it's adding a lovely herbal contrast.

Dry: This is so pretty. Warm, golden honey with a soft, spicy/herbal feeling. The clove is a bit wonky but I'll live. Just a soft, golden skin warm kind of scent. Very girly and summer appropriate.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I'm glad I snagged a bottle but won't be hunting for anymore.

:-O This smells just like Lush Honey I Washed The Kids soap with lemon-ginger hanging out in the background.

Upon its initial release, I had no huge interest in honey scents, and the fruit mentioned in the description broke any interest I may have had towards those beautiful spice notes listed. But now I have managed to obtain a bottle, and it is indeed all things beautiful. Seriously honey heavy; sweet, cool slightly smokey honey. The touch of lemon is genius, it doesn't smell lemony at all, it lifts the honey into nectar territory, making it a lighter sweetness, a balance of subtle sourness to stop the heaviness of honey. The spices here are perfect, barely discernable as their individual components, they work to make this gorgeously harmonic. There is a touch of a green herbal scent, which I suspect may be the rosemary, however it doesn't smell like straight up rosemary. The dry down is powdery perfect and close to the skin. Now as for the fruit which originaly turned me off, I couldn't even guess that there was fruit in here, but to go out on a limb, I'd say it would be something along the sour side like kumquat or quince, there's a certain sour note along with the lemon that plays to bring down the honey into something very wearable. There may be a touch of vanilla here.

my hubby really digs honey scents so I was excited to get this...

In the bottle I do smell a bit of mead, but on the skin its a nice warm spicy honey. Theres also a touch of something my nose is saying is yarrow, although I know its not one of the notes.

I think its very similar on me to something else... cant remember though :lol:

Nice, My partial will be adequate, I'll just wear it for him.

(p.s. this puppy is strongggg. I slathered in re-apply and got a raging headache)

In bottle: fermented honey, smells a lot like real mead

Wet: Something sharp here that cuts through the honey smell, that I didn't care for.

Drydown: Fortunately, the sharp note (lemon, maybe?) retreated, leaving the honey/nutty smell I was hoping for.

Later: Moderate throw, very nice warm scent. Excellent for winter.

A powdery honey with a hint of herbs. Weird on me.... It is a strange sharp powder.

Edited by Catseyes

In bottle: a sweet honey mead and cream.

Wet: Sugary honey with sweet milk.

Dry: A softer scent, subtle and sweet.

Notes: I was hoping for a touch more of the sharp mead and spice rather then soft and sweet, once again, my skin betrays me!

Another honey blend that I pulled from the collection to retest after the killer beez update.

This is honey at it's finest. Thick, rich, medicinal at times, sexy at others. Fermented to me is like marinating meat/poultry or fish. This particular honey is studded with lemon, herbs, fruit and spices and the longer it marinates the more stunning it becomes. Clove, nutmeg and cinnamon manage to cut the sweetness ever so slightly and just add a richness and dimension. :wub2:

I love this scent.

It's a sweet, rich, warm honey scent. Mainly it's honey but it does have a sweet element to it. I wish I had multiple bottles of this scent.

This really doesn't smell like any kind of mead I've tried, or even honey, for that matter. It's more like just generic sweetness with a kick of lemon. It's kind of creamy as well. I don't get anything boozy or particularly herbal -- I guess that means it's well-blended, but not at all like I was expecting.

An hour or two later it smells like a candle. This definitely isn't me. I expect someone will love it, though.

Mead moon 2008

This is what i wanted O to be. This is AWESOME. I love honey and I love love love mead.

Wet: Spicy boozy mead. mmmm thick honey

Dry: This takes me right back to the medeival fest here in schweinfurt. Ron and I were sitting at table watching all the german medeival people, there were girls singing and we were drinking hot mead from clay cups. Lots of people dressed up and it was so much fun! We go every year.

This perfume makes me feel like a sexy viking valkerie. Lots of honey, lots of warmth, perfect spices, booze. Its amazing. I love it so much I may have to hunt down backups. One of my top 5 favorites.

i expected to see lots of reviews comparing this to womb furie, but maybe i am just weird. this is almost EXACTLY womb furie on me, but like a younger, sweeter, quieter sister to WF. it's lacking the in-your-face heaviness of the other, it's a little more appropriate for work wear or family wear. golden spicy honey loveliness:)

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! It's one of my all-time favorites. The mead note is very true, yummy and rich. The way it mixes with the lemon and spices and gruit smells warm and festive and never fails to put me in a good mood.

This perfume is beautiful. It's such a lovely, clear honey with something that reminds me of the faint lemony note in perfumes like Dorian, Velvet Nudie and Giant Vulva, and a bit of beeswax. While it is a honey scent like O and Womb Furie, it lacks the "skin musk/sweat" aspect of O or the powderiness from the combination with Snake Oil in Womb Furie.

:wub2:

This has automatically become one of my favourite moons. Absolutely stunning. It's a pot of honey with a squeeze of lemon. And on me, the spices, especially the ginger, just barely peek through in the background. The honey in this reminds me of the honey in Xmvlzencab. A rich, golden blend that any honey lover needs to try.