Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Eisheth Zenunim

Honey, ambergris, neroli, white peach, patchouli, and cocoa absolute.

Eisheth Zenunim never smells good on me. This is the blend that taught me that peach is one of my Notes of Doom. It literally smells like rank body odor on me. ::sigh::

In the vial: oh, I smell the cocoa! It's all mixed together with the honey and the peach. It gives them a kind of velvety, "furry" edge. Slightly foody.

On skin: OK, cocoa moving into the background now ... honey more evident. Peach is very very lowkey. Is there patchouli in this? There's something vegetative but not quite green and it's kind of pulling the other notes together. Aha, patchouli and neroli. The neroli really is well-behaved.

The throw still has a little cocoa to it, and a brighter peach. It's almost a sugared scent, but I think that's just my brain wrapping itself around the cocoa. I really like this. It's SO unusual.

Dry: there's more of the patchouli, and the ambergris. It really has a very sweet throw. But up close it's almost more like a peach wine than fresh peach. I think this is due to the ambergris toning it down, maybe it's almost salty.

A while later, the dominant notes are peach, honey and ambergris. The neroli and cocoa are there, but just freshening and grounding respectively without appearing in their own rights. And then the honey comes out even more.

If Les Bijoux (oh my love :wub: ) were a garden, this would be a lovely patch of wildwood. They're almost two sides of the same coin but very different from each other. I was envisioning Eisheth being heavier and warmer due to the cocoa, but now I really think it's more of a clean, light summer scent than Les Bijoux is. Les Bijoux seems like a gracious, refined scent, so Eisheth is like her unruly tomboy younger sister, always out in the fresh air by the sea.

Bottle. Maybe two bottles. Yum yum yum.

Edited by odalisque

In the bottle – Bright juicy peaches bursting with flavour :yum:

Wet on me – The peaches and honey sit on top of the thick, gloopy cocoa absolute

Dry on me – Soft sweet peaches fading into the white musk

Overall – Very nice, very nice indeed

This smells very floral going on--is that the neroli? Yes--it smells just like orange blossom on me; a rather sharp high-pitched white floral. I can smell a little bit of white peach with it, too, but only a little bit.

As it dries down, I know I'm definitely smelling the neroli--a bitter orange blossom scent--and for the first hour and a half, that's the only note I can smell.

After a while, there's still the neroli present, but ambergris has emerged as a backdrop to it. I like the backdrop scent, but I'm not fond of the shrieking, amping top note of neroli-white-floral.

Hours later, the amping bitter floral smell seems to have cleared out, and I'm left with a sweeter ambergris and honey scent. I like this, but it's not worth waiting the hours of screaming, bitter floral in order to get here.

Recaplet: Screaming bitter-floral for hours, then honey-ambergris.

My rating: 1 of 5 (I'm not fond of it.)

Color impression: White with a faint yellow-green undertone.

Wet, smells like peaches and honey.

As it dries, the honey amps and smells rich and sweet. After a while, I smell the patchouli which keeps this from going foody. The cocoa also shows itself during the drydown.

This is a sweet, warm, and glowing scent. The throw is medium.

Oh my, this is gorgeous. I just got an imp today as part of a swap and I'm completely wowed by it.. although somewhat disappointed in myself to have not noticed this lovely lady before, sitting there in the Carnaval line-up.

I think the peach is the most obvious note, but it's a lovely creamy velvety musky kind of peach - not a sweet, artificial smell at all. I can "sense" the other notes, but can't really pick them out individually (not even the patchouli, which is usually so obvious) - this is one of those masterpiece blends where everything has melded together perfectly to create a beautiful synergy of fragrance. It's sticking close to my skin, but that's OK because this is a "snuggling" sort of scent, not something I want wafting all around the room, it has an intimate feel to it.

Reading the other reviews here, it seems people have had very mixed reactions to this one - I guess for once I lucked out in the skin chemistry department. If you're reading this and having trouble making up your mind, I'd say go for it - it's definitely worth a try and if you don't love it, share it with a friend because on the right skin this is really something special.

I'm absolutely overjoyed to have discovered Eisheth Zenunim, I can see it becoming one of my all time favourites.

Wet: Fruity! Very much peach and neroli.

First on: Fruits are dying down to let the florals bloom.

Dry: Fruit and patchouli.

Before I begin, I like all the notes except the patchouli; I'm wary about that...

Wet: clean; fresh

Dry: Not bad, but I wouldn't wear this, probably ; seems better for a man, maybe; I don't smell the cocoa at all; it's mostly neroli and peach

ADDED June 7:

Wow! Swoon! This is a complete skin scent on me, which I love.

Basically its a salty version of Agrat Bat Malahat, which I adore...I need a bottle of this :)

Thanks to suneshinedaysandbliss for the frimp.

Peach, patchouli and cocoa are not something I would normally mix but somehow it works surprisingly well. Well, actually my mom used to make peaches with chocolate sauce from time to time, which is rather tasty and smelled like this without patchouli. The patchouli gives it a little earthyness and the other notes are just background sweetness. This would be kind of nice if I could wear the fruit notes but they dont really work with my chemistry, especially apricot and peach :( But it was nice to try and now I crave chocolate peaches. Argh!

I love the way this smells in the bottle, like sweet, fresh peaches. Unfortunately, on my skin, the bright peach note turns sour and boozy, like cheap wine. I can't smell peaches, cocoa, or anything else once it's on. It's one of the rare scents that actually smells offensive on my skin.

As others have mentioned in this thread, I think I'm learning that peach is a fail note for me. But the smell in the bottle is lovely--if others get that smell on their skin, lucky them.

A kind gift from ImperatrixMundi—thanks!

Imp: so light, innocent and springlike! I get dewy sweet fruits (peaches, apricots?) over some gentle greenish white florals and maybe even a drizzle of honey.

Wet: same as in imp, maybe with a tea-like quality, as well. THis is crystalline, sweet, peach wine/tea. Very innocent. This prostitute is downright virginal!

Dry: still sweet honeyed peach nectar with a bit of a green/white floral. Virginal and sweet. Like eating peach jam on a picnic blanket under a tree blooming in the springtime.

Overall: Very pretty, will keep my imp, not sure i need a bottle, though.

ETA: August 2014 update: I get a lot more patchouli/woods from this now than I think I did before. Its still a very sweet peachy blend, but more "diabolique" now, if you know what I mean. :)

Edited by jewelbug

This is quite pretty on me, a soft floral. Very refreshing and perfect for a hot day. Thankfully, I just get a touch of ambergris, and I probably wouldn't have even noticed it was there, but I peaked at the description. Cocoa is just a whisp in the background.

Half and hour later, though it is almost gone. One of those "barely there, close to the skin" blends.

Ha, I see there is peaches in this, which I don't like either, and don't find it offensive at all. This is nice, and soooo well blended but I probably won't spring for a bottle.

This is sweet honey and patchouli. The peach blossom is very faint on me, which I'm happy about because fruits don't work very well on me. The neroli prevents this from going too sweet. This is light and glowing indeed (as a previous reviewer stated). A little comforting, but sexy at the same time. I like this a lot.

Well, hello there, Eisheth Zenunim! You are lovely, aren't you? Without reviewing the notes, I get a honey-skin smell. It smells good. After rereading the description, I can pick out the peach and the cocoa, and I think, the neroli. This is so good, I'm glad I didn't let the ambergris scare me off. (I know it's not real ambergris, but I still sort of cringe every time I think about it.)

Eisheth Zenunim

Snap Judgements: Peach is almost always an epic disaster on me. Even in the smallest quantities, it usually morphs into syrupy sweet cough medicine – plastic bottle and all. I almost didn’t try Eisheth simply for this reason, but the white peach was intriguing. Honey, neroli, cocoa and patchouli are all iffy notes for me. Overall, this blend wasn’t screaming my name, but I threw it in a decant order because I’m working my way through all the Grindhouse ladies.

In the Bottle: The peach, ambergris and neroli really stand out here. Interestingly, white peach smells much more subdued than regular peach. It isn’t so sweet and in-your-face. I don’t get any cocoa or patchouli at all.

Wet: The notes in Eisheth might lead you to believe that it is a foody scent, but the ambergris and neroli really keep this from venturing into too-sweet territory. There is a very classic “perfumy” quality here that I’m guessing has a lot to do with the ambergris. This is not a bad thing. Peach seems to be staying in check. Cocoa is starting to become noticeable.

Dry: The light floral topnotes burn away pretty quickly. At about 1 hour, the cocoa has deepened and the peach is still lingering subtly. There is very faint earthy aspect emerging that is probably contributed by the patchouli.

Wearlength and Throw: This easily lasts 12 hours on me. The throw is strong but not overpowering.

Final Thoughts: Well whaddya know? This ended up being one of my top favorites from the whole Carnaval so far. Not only does the peach behave, it actually contributes a subtle richness and beauty to the drydown. Eisheth is a very pretty, warm and earthy blend. For me it’s a summery daytime scent, and it would be great to wear to work, or when you don’t want to scream “I’m wearing perfume”.

First thing I smelled in the bottle was the Patchouli. Which does not bode well for me. XP

However once on the skin the peach and honey really come out. I can still smell the patchouli but it takes a backseat and doesn't give me the BO smell like it usually does.

Overall I like but I don't think it works all that well on me. It's almost a little too sweet.

This is mostly patchouli & cocoa on my skin while wet. I pick up a little of the peach note on dry down, but patchouli and cocoa dominate on my skin.

Oh yay!!!!! I am so happy that this works really well with me!! I received a sniffy and it had intrigued me. I ended up finding a decant to test so that I may decide if I want a bottle or not, and I've decided that I do!!

Once applied... I immediately notice the sweet peaches. Even though there's peaches in here, it's not too foody!! Usually fruity scents don't bode too well with me because fruit is just a little too foody for me. Thank goodness for the patchouli note. It's really settling the peaches down!

I can also pick up a little bit of the brown cocoa note, but it isn't too noticeable. There's just enough cocoa to make one wonder what it is that is making it a bit creamy under the patchouli and Peach. Patchouli has a similar tone to chocolate I would think. They're both deep notes that feel dark. The patchouli and cocoa are complimenting each other perfectly in this.

As it dries down, a little bit of a floral note pops to the surface, but not enough to make it a strong floral based perfume. It's just enough to cast an airy quality to the whole perfume.

This really reminds me of a perfume I used to wear when I was younger. It's sweet, but dark and mysterious at the same time.

I love it!!!

:love!:

In the vial: Neroli and peach.

Wet on the skin: I actually thought there was a bit of rose in there somewhere, because the neroli is so sharp. It's battling the peach for domination, while the honey is slinking around in the background.

Drydown: The neroli backs off after a couple of hours, and it's mostly peach and honey, with a bit of cocoa and patchouli (the patchouli actually behaves!).

I avoided this for the longest time because of the peach, but then Cupid Complaining to Venus worked so beautifully on me that I decided to give Eisheth a go. I prefer Cupid Complaining to Venus, and that also lasts longer on my skin, so I don't think I'll get a bottle of this, but I'm keeping my decant. I think I'll also retest at a later date, because I seem to be getting a bit of a headcold.

This is a 3.5 maybe a 4/5.

I love peach scents so i'm trying a few and then will narrow down to a death match! This one has patchouli in it, so i'm a little weary. If BPAL has taught me anything, it's to give everything a try. you never know how it will turn out.

In the imp, peach.

On the skin more peach...but wait...something else. it starts out with a light patchouli but then it's a very light creamy cocoa. Yesterday I tried out Agrat-Bat-Mahlat, which i found to be heavy cream with a touch of apple. this is the opposite. Heavy fruit with a touch of creaminess.

Throw could have been a little better, but I don't have to dig my nose in to get it. It lasted a few hours but I did re-apply a few times during the day. I think it lasts longer than my other peach scent, Titania.

If you like peach, you have to give this one a try.

I'm getting the peach-neroli-honey, smells like the Gaoler's Daughter in the bottle. On my skin, I'm getting peach and neroli and patchouli. Prolly not going to turn out well. Pretty much the Gaoler's Daughter + patchouli, not appealing for me.

Edited by Venneh

This one was horrible on me. And it's *not* the fault of the blend.

The cocoa and patchouli combined to form a BO scent on my skin. The peach valiantly tried to salvage the blend, which just turned it into a person with BO who sprayed a peach spray to try and cover the funk. Honey also tends to get musty on me, which did *not* help at all.

After the cocoa and patchouli fell asleep, the peach came back out and tried to make things better. Unfortunately, it was too late for it to help.

Woooooowwww. This one is awesome!! The perfect mix of sweet and dirty. My skin eats it up and creates a dreamy haze of stinky awesomeness around me. All notes are there exactly as described. If I could marry a scent, this would be it. Amplified gaoler's daughter mixed with hetairae. It rules.

Okay - I loved it in the bottle. I can wear patchouli, peach, cocoa, honey and neroli, but not this.

On me wet, dry down, and hours later - chocolate scented play-doh. It's so strange on me.

Edited by anachrotech