Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Eisheth Zenunim

Honey, ambergris, neroli, white peach, patchouli, and cocoa absolute.

In the Bottle
Soft, sweet peach with a dribble of honey. Smells almost... watery in a way, but crisp.

On Me
It morphs a little-- it gets a bit greener and more tart, like a not-quite-ripe apricot. The honey's still there, and there's blossom of some description lingering in the background: it's a twilight summer perfume in my view.

It disappears on me fast, too. An hour later, I can't smell anything of it on me.

This is very, very soft and gentle. I was hoping for a "peaches and chocolate" scent...this isn't it.

It is very pleasant, however.

In the imp, it's soft fruits.

On skin, wet, it's sharper fruit. This is the only stage where I can pick up neroli at all.

On skin, dry, it's a gently honeyed soft peach (much less peachy than, say, Fae). I can pick out the cocoa note, but barely. The ambergris makes it smooth. I'm not getting neroli at all (which is good, because I don't like neroli), nor can I pick out the patchouli.

This is very nice, and very well-crafted. I'm glad to have a decant.

Being in love with O and Alice, I started drooling over this one as soon as I saw it on the CD page. Well, it arrived yesterday and as soon as I opened the bottle, I thought "HOLY HONEY BATMAN!" I was concerned that it may be too sickeningly sweet.

But I tried it anyway. Wet, the patchouli and the cocoa absolute danced in the foreground, drowning out anything else. Then when it dried down, it smelled faintly of honey and white peach. After 45, minutes it's gone but I occasionally catch wafsts of honey.

Huh. I honestly need to see what it does around September or October when it's a little cooler out because weather can change a scent drastically and I REALLY want to love this one, but in the midst of the heat, it just doesn't stick around long enough.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a few words/smilie: :P

In the imp: A very strange combination of honey, peach, and cocoa.

On skin, wet: Honeyed peach, with just a touch of patchouli! This is very, very nice indeed.

On skin, dry: On my skin, honey can be either a] beautiful or b] horrible. EZ's honey note is definitely taking the former route. The patchouli, peach, and cocoa make this a very earthy scent I'm becoming quite fond of. It's like a combination of peach tea with a hefty dose of fresh golden honey with one of those thin dark chocolate stirring-sticks dropped in, and some inexplicable but lovely patchouli note.

Conclusion: I had no intention of trying it, really, but Eisheth Zenunim is a surprise winner. I'll definitely need to stock up on this.

Edited by Aredhel

This goes pure neroli very quickly on me. Slowly the peach emerges, and eventually the cocoa comes out to make a soft, sweet, pretty/foody smell. The cocoa isn't too plasticky on my skin for once, and it's a lovely scent overall. Sadly, it only lasts for about half an hour before reverting to pure neroli again. I'm keeping hold of this to test again, to see if my skin chemistry is more forgiving next time.

I want Eisheth to love me so much, but I'm not sure she does.

I was initially put off by the cocoa absolute, but after reading reviews that it wasn't that prominent I decided to give Eisheth a try. Honey and peach are two of my favorite notes, and I'm really beginning to like patchouli, so I was hoping this one would work.

The reviews are right - the cocoa is barely present out of the imp and disappears within moments on my skin. Everything is playing nicely except... what's that strange salty / plastic note? Ambergris? Is that you? After a few minutes the plastic impression fades, but a sort of smooth saltiness remains.

I think part of my brain was expecting this to be like O, but with peaches added. Of course the only shared note is honey, so I'm not sure WHY I was thinking that... the reality is very different. Eisheth Zenunim is a skin scent, sweet but not cloying, but a salty tang that serves to give it a sophisticated edge. I'm not making a decision yet about a bottle purchase. I need to try Eisheth a few more times without my preconcieved notions of how she SHOULD smell. I get the feeling she's going to grow on me.

Honeyed fruit, with a slight sharpness and cocoa undertone. The sharpness to it almost tricks my nose into believing that the fruit is apple, not peach, at moments.

I'm not sure how well cocoa and I get along, but this is a place where it could work for me.

In the bottle: peaches and cocoa.

Wet: peaches and cocoa.

Drydown: cocoa and peaches. A touch of honey. If I concentrate really hard, just a hint of the ambergris and neroli. Not a hint of patchouli can I detect.

Not much throw, not much wearlength, but lovely while it lingers.

IN THE IMP: This is... interesting. Honeyed peaches, but there's a weird note in here that's keeping me from liking it. Is it patchouli? Reviews seem to say that it's cocoa, but it doesn't smell like cocoa to me...

WET: Sweet peach, but with the-note-I-think-is-patchouli in the background. It makes the peach smell a bit darker? Murkier?

DRY: Honeyed peaches and some patchouli. The peach part is nommy, but it's just as I feared. I don't like the scent of patchouli at all.

Initial impression:

Wow, a fresh wind of pure neroli. :P

First on:

Wet, it's ambergis, neroli, cocoa and sweet honey – the florals make me a bit queasy because they overpower everything else right now.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's neroli and honey – creamy and gorgeous! It reminds me of something from my childhood, but I can't quite say what it might be...

Neroli, honey and the fruityness of peach blend beautifully after another half hour.

An hour later, it still has an excellent throw on me, and it remains oddly familiar.

Finally:

A keeper, if only for the unexplained nostalgia she conjures in me.

This is like the perfect peach on me, seriously there isn’t much more to say about this. Its funny how she is originally an after thought, but now I am soo glad I put her on my list of decants cause this is by far one that I need to own!

Meh, this is a bit too fruity for my taste. It's a bummer because I really do like the underlying honey note, but I'm not much of a peach scent fan.

3 out of 5

This sounded more promising to me based on the list of notes than it appears to be in reality. Most of the notes are things I like, but somehow, it's not quite coming together for me. I do like it when first applied -- it's sweet and fresh and a bit mysterious-smelling, with suggestions of hidden depths -- but as it settles in, it seems to go somewhere I'm not so crazy about.

There seems to be a strong aquatic note in it, and I'm not sure where that comes from -- maybe the ambergris? And I don't tend to do so well with aquatics -- they tend to go overly sweet and a bit synthetic-smelling on me.

Though interestingly, the cloying-aquatic version of the scent seems to be predominantly coming from the crooks of my arms, while on my wrists it smells more like I'd expected it to -- a more balanced scent, grounded by patchouli/cocoa depth. It's not the first time I scent has smelled very different on different parts of me... but unfortunately, that version of it doesn't seem to have nearly as much throw as the other, so if I were to just wear it on my wrists, I'd hardly be able to smell it at all. It's frustrating -- I really like the way it smells on my wrists!

This scent also has a distinct resemblance to Ebisu Making Love As Two Octopuses Look On, from the special Salon series earlier this year, which I also had a similar like/don't-like reaction to. Since Ebisu seems to smell different on me at different times, maybe I should experiment a bit more with this one...

Grade: C+ to B+, depending...

In the vial: honey'd peaches with a whiff of cocoa.

On the skin: Oh... waaaay too cloying sweet for me. The patchouli gives it a bit of darkness and depth, but the sweetness of the peaches, honey, and neroli kills me. Kind of an interesting interpretation of a succubi, though. Very fitting.

In the vial: Peach, floral, and dark chocolate. There's a bitter note too, probably the ambergris.

Wet: Peachy chocolate with something very sweet-floral beneath.

Twenty minute: Where did it go? Barely-there chocolate and the ambergris, but it's so subtle I can't believe I just put this on a short time ago. No peach, no patchouli, no neroli? No honey???

One hour: Whew! That scared me. Now I get something like "Imp": patchouli and peach. The neroli is very noticeable, and the honey's there. Even the ambergris is noticeable. The cocoa is the least noticeable of the bunch, but I expected that. At least it no longer smells like a peach truffle!

Two hours: This is a lot like a much more civilized version of "Imp." It doesn't have nearly the aggressive throw of "Imp," though. I'm wearing this one, whereas I often feel that "Imp" is wearing me! I like this very much but haven't decided whether I need a bottle of it or not.

Five hours: Pretty much gone, but I had meetings and couldn't monitor when it went away.

I tested it three times, by which point I was completely overwhelmed. I want a bottle of this.

In the imp: Chocolate peaches O_o

On me: This is pretty much pure watery peaches on me. They're even sweeter than normal peaches thanks to the honey. I can barely detect a dark base of patchouli and cocoa, but I really have to sniff for it. Overall it's very light and seems appropriate for spring and summer, but I think I'm good on light fruit scents.

Hmm... in the bottle it was a nice fresh peach, a firm white one, not an over ripe one or a peach jolly rancher.

On me, the peach hung around and was joined by ambergris. Ambergris on me is different than on folks, I think. Its not salty, its more like myrrh than anything. Its a lot like the ambergris in Masquerade as far as how it hits the mix. The patch isn't there at all. Which is odd, I wish it was, there isn't anything grounding this so its presence is missed (that, and usually its my savior, everything else might smell a bit off, but never patchoulli). I get no cocoa or honey. But there is something waxy going on, which is really unfortunate as that means we are heading into cheap drugstore candle territory on the far dry down. And some thing that smells like- dust? Oh this is odd. It almost works, but then goes a bit off kilter somehow. I do like the quality of the peach in this, its very authentic. But I don't think I can wear this.

Eisheth Zenunim

In the imp: honeyed peach, like Cupid Complaining to Venus.

Wet on skin: right away, I can smell the patchouli. This now smells like Ecstasy of True Love.

Dry on skin: this is very, very similar to True Love on me, but in here the patch is a bit darker and dirtier, very much like the patch in Clemence, or even Luperci. This also bears a resemblance to Angeronalia, with the neroli taking the place of the citrus notes in there. The honey is very pretty, a light and nectar-like honey very much like the one in Itaso or Harikata. I can’t smell any cocoa.

After a while: this scent seems like a fight between patch and peach! Though it’s not an aggressive fight, it’s very pleasant to smell…for now it seems peach is winning but patchouli is desperate to get back into the spotlight. The neroli now bears it’s floral side, and the honey is a lot subtler. I smell something vaguely salty, probably the ambergris, but still no cocoa.

The scent then turns to a dry, dusty peach scent, the patch smelling like dry earth, with just a hint of ambergris lingering. It reminds me more of True Love now as well, though not as dark.

Verdict: this is a very nice fruity patchouli scent. it is, I think, the easier-to-acquire version of Ecstasy of True Love. It starts off heavily peachy but with a strong patchouli undertone and a drizzle of honey. The patchouli and peach do eventually dominate over the other notes, earthy and dirty peach is the overall theme of this fragrance, but I do wish I got more of the cocoa. I have other honeyed peach scents that I prefer. Also, unusually for a patchouli scent, it fades pretty fast on my skin.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Not sure.

If you like this, try: Ecstasy of True Love (if you can find it), Cupid Complaining to Venus, Angeronalia, Thaleia, Luperci, Itaso Kansei

Sadly, the honey in this does something funny and smells very artificial and almost plastic-y. The peach makes a valiant attempt to beat the evil honey back down, but sadly is defeated. Off to the swaps. :P

First off, I have to say, I Really liked this one! I wore it to a wedding over the weekend and smelled absolutely delightful.

in the bottle i smell honey, coco and peach, very sweet.

I put it on and it was soft and sweet, hardly noticible. However, in the car on the way to the wedding, my fiancee, suddenly goes "What do i smell that is like Coco and Peach?" apparently I flared, and filled the car with the scent..i'm like, ''that's me. why, do you like it...hate it?" consensus is that we love it. she said something about smelling pachouli in it, but I can't smell it specifically, so that would be a good thing since i hate patchouli...

Not bad since I got it because of Eisheth's history....i also got her sister Agrat-Bat Mahalat, going to try her tomorrow i think.

Very nice blend on me..going to hoard it now...

Wet in bottle - Peach, ambergris, honey, patchouli and a sharp, dark cocoa scent that is not as sweet as I expected. The patchouli gives this an earthy tone.

Wet on skin - I’m amping the peach at first, but it’s tempered by a patchouli honey base. There’s a bit of ambergris and hardly any cocoa.

Dry on skin - A soft, peachy, ambergris and light patchouli delight. This is sexy and delicious. I LOVE it!

Sweet, honeyed peach. I really do not detect any patchouli in this, except a few whiffs of earthiness here and there. This is one of thoses times that patchouli works, because it tones down the sweetness a bit.

Cocoa is not dominant either. Just like the patchouli I only catch glimpses of it. It is definitely not sweet, but grounds the blend.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised, but I do think the honey is a little overwhelming. Maybe if it ages, it will become less cloying.

The notes I can pick out most easily are peach and patchouli. There’s a green bitterness to it, like an unripe fruit. A green peach, just turning white. I can’t smell the cocoa at all, strangely.

This smells kind of like Mane & Tail hair conditioner, actually…

OK...hold on. I just went and sniffed my bottle of conditioner, and this smells EXACTLY like it. Random!

Backing up earlier reviews, Eisheth smells (to me) like pale honey and white peaches, still crunchy and not entirely sweet. The initial juiciness fades as this dries.

A gentle floral note (neroli, I'm learning!) and a slightly salty undertone (ambergris) waft around as well. I don't get too much cocoa or patchouli.

A lot less fruity/wet/juicy than I was expecting, and lighter. It's pleasant, but I don't know if I'll be keeping it. I like the picture and the name though. :P