Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UberClaire

Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple

Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple -- With a dollop of caramel!

I'm kind of scared being the first one to review this. This was the one I really wanted, so I was thrilled to see it in the box today!

In the bottle: Creamy caramel, hint of apple.

Wet: Apple, apple apple! Red apple definitely. There's a hint of caramel, but the scent so far is actually a little acrid on my skin.

5 minutes: Much toned down from before - this has really blended nicely. I'm not sure if this is a scent I would wear everyday, but it's a nice pick-me-up. It reminds me a lot of Can't Sleep Clowns Will Eat Me from Isle of Eden with more caramel tones.

Oooh, yay! I'm so excited the goblins decided I deserved this scent!

In the bottle: This smells exactly like a caramel apple! It smells heavily of caramel in the bottle, with just a hint of apple lingering underneath.

First impression on skin: Apple, apple, apple! This smells very brightly of apples at first.

After a few minutes: The caramel begins to come out more strongly, mingling with the apple. Smells incredibly yummy, and has a great throw! I only put one dot from the lid on my skin, and now I can smell it all around me.

A keeper for sure!

In the bottle it smells lightly of a boozy candied apple. heh heh

On my skin now and it's absolutely great.

Crisp red apple, cinnamon like that crunchy shell coating on Candy Apples. It smells just like a candy apple.

It does have an amount of throw. And even the throw smells like a Candy Apple.

It doesn't morph in anyway on my skin and it stays the same medium strong red apple scent with a sugary, cinnamon shell still now at 10 minutes.

The apple is pure and prounounced, it doesn't become overwhelmed by the other ingredients. They all work together beautifully.

I'd wear this all season. My nose gives this a 4.

BPTPTreatSugarSlatheredCandiedApple.jpg

This one is pretty simple for me:

It's a "safe" version of Creepy.

The caramel note is exactly the same, but the apple is different. It's definately a red apple as opposed to the green apple in Creepy. It also has no coconut rum. Frankly, I prefer Creepy (I prefer green apples in general), but to those whom it didn't quiiiiite work on, give this a shot.

Wooo this is super dooper apple-y! I agree this is a lot like Creepy but without the coconut. On my skin it warms up and becomes sweet caramel apples. This one has great staying power and wafts caramel for hours. Another Halloween winner! :P

Sugar-Slathered Candied Apple (LE) (BPTP)-

In Bottle: An acetone apple with caramel swirls.

Wet: Smells just like Creepy, which I love. Highly fragrant apple--that's that acetone hint--with that caramel hint. Yum. And the caramel's getting stronger.

Dry: I really feel like I've found another bottle of Creepy, which does not make me sad except I would have liked it to have been different and new-smelling to me. On the other hand, Creepy is a discontinued scent and I love it, so, how nice to have more of what I love! Apple and caramel and the caramel never smells too burnt or plasticky.--You know, I think this is more caramelly than Creepy. I'll do a comparison sometime.

Overall: Yummy; very much like Creepy, which I love.

This was the first result of my ToT Inquisition orders! It's not one I was hoping for, but I was happy to take it for a test drive anyway.

In the Bottle: It smells exactly like a fresh-dipped caramel apple, with the caramel being the most predominant note

Wet: I dab just a bit on one hand (and believe me, a little dab'll do ya!), and instantly it's like someone took a bite out of their apple; the juices explode and the scent of red apple is right there at your nose, fresh and crisp. This phase lasts only a couple of minutes on my skin before the caramel starts revving up full throttle.

Dry: Caramel SN. This stuff has incredible staying power, and just keeps amping for about an hour or so before the scent mellows to more of a brown sugar note. This stage is the prettiest to my nose, but the scent itself is not one I particularly care to wear.

Overall, it's not my brand of OMGMUSTHOARD scent. But it is very fun, and very festive!

In the bottle: Sickeningly sweet caramel. Like, so sweet it makes me want to gag.

Wet: Apples! Gorgeous, crisp, sweet red apples, with the barest hint of caramel. Oooh.

Dry: The caramel is back, but it's a soft, gentle caramel. There's also something almost waxy about the caramel scent. Still some apple, but less than before ( :D )

It's lovely, and I'll definitely be wearing it. :P Creepy is definitely more apple-y on me, and a little bit buttery. I might layer them and see what happens.

Edited by captainoats

Hmm. Nothing to add to previous reviews, except this is juicy red apple with caramel that somehow reminds me of the caramel/sugar note in Sugar Skull. Very festive, very foody. :P

straight sniff from imp smellz 'zactlee like the candy apples i used

to make as a kid! yummy!

once applied this is like a freshly picked macintosh with lots of intensely

sweet sugar...i don't pick out even a hint of the caramel but the sugar note

in this is fantastic...amazing and so well done!! my only wish is

that it lasted a little bit longer...

This is VERY similar to Creepy, but perhaps a little more sugary sweet. It's not the scent of a fresh, crisp apple, it reminds me more of a dried apple chip. More concentrated and more sugary.

Unfortunately it has the same problem as Creepy. Doesn't last long enough! I think most of the apple-BPAL scents I've tried have had this problem :P

SUGAR-SLATHERED CANDIED APPLE

Wet: I smell the crisp bite of red apple and a slight touch of caramel.

Dry on Skin: This dries into a gorgeously juicy, red apple scent. It is tangy and crisp. The caramel is definitely there, but it's a lighter caramel than what I smell in Creepy. I compared those two scents side-by-side on my skin and there is definitely a difference in the lightness of the caramel. This scent also has a strong dusting of sugar that lasts throughout and is the last thing I smell on my skin, after the caramel and apple have faded away. The wear-length is medium and the throw is strong.

This is very festive and warm! It reminds me of Halloween carnivals from my childhood. =)

Huh. I was worried here, because apple usually hits my skin and becomes instant rotten apple, but this might be working! So far, it's staying true apple, with some sweetness around it. This may actually be a candy apple scent that I can wear. Yay!!

I smell the tartness of the apple, and the scent of the peel, and the juiciness. The sugar/caramel is very faint, but it's there.

Much sweeter and caramel-ier than poisoned apple ... but far less of that "burnt caramel" scent than i get from Creepy. This scent in incredibly wearable and very much what it should be based on it's description, no morphin, no odd plastic components, just tart juicy apples with a touch of fresh caramel, perfectly balanced and blended. one of the winners.

In the imp, this is all sweet apple with a smidge of caramel.

On the skin, I feel like I’ve got a caramel covered apple right in front of me, or in the very least apple slices and caramel dip, and I’m ready to take a big bite. The apple scent is strongest. The caramel is not strong, it’s a supporting player only. As it wears, it seems to be getting sweeter and sugar comes out mostly displacing the caramel. The longer it’s on, the stronger the sugar scent gets, overwhelming everything else.

It lasts a couple hours on me, and it ends with the caramel-sugar scent predominant close to the skin.

I feel this scent isn't getting the love it deserves.

It's really good!

To me, this isn't Creepy at all.

It's much fresher an apple scent and actually that goes for the caramel too which is more brown-sugary and wafty.

In the bottle -- this is juicy, crisp apples to a T! There's a sweet brown-sugar scent and actually I almost feel like I can smell the stick they stab into these things so that you can hold them. :P

On: I get mostly fresh apples again with hints of caramel-y sugar rolling around the edges. The apples tend to waft up first and come in waves and I have to lean in more to get the caramel, but then I get washes of generally sweet sugary apple-y kind of goodness that just gets better.

At some point it all blends into sweet apple-brown-sugar-faint caramel goodness but always with a fresh crisp edge and I just sniff and sigh contentedly.

It's a happy-making scent.

In the bottle: mmm, brown sugary.

Wet: Crisp, clear apple.

Dry: Y Halo Thar Brown Sugar. Reminds me a powerful lot of Sugar Skull '05.

Dry, much later: Caramel Apple! Mmm, now I'm hungry.

Edited by harmonyfb

Ultraviolet's review made me track down a bottle of this and I'm so glad I did. I like this much more than Creepy.

In the bottle: apples! Dehydrated apple slices, still soft, but the sugars and appley goodness are concentrated.

Wet: Same dehydrated apple slices dipped in caramel and sugar.

Dry: Mmm, candy apples!

I don't really get any cinnamon from this, just apples and candy/sugary sweetness with a very faint hint of caramel,

Yay! I was sooo hoping to get a chance to try this yummy treat!

First Impessions: Apple, apple apple!! Yes, a big shiny red apple drenched in a layer of sugary sweet decadence. This is definitely quite a bit different than Creepy. This one is more of a sugar based scent, and the apple note is completely different. The sugar notes actually remind me a bit of the same ones in Marshmellow Poof.

When I first put this on, it was very strong and had quite a bit of throw. But, on the drydown, it fades very quickly to almost nothing. I wish it had more throw, but that's ok; it's lovely enough to reapply frequently.

Yum!! :P

This is pretty much like it sounds. On me it is basically caramel and apple. I love it! Where Creepy was too intense and made me a bit itchy, Sugar Slathered is a bit sweeter and milder. Just a bit. And I don't seem to have a reaction from it. :P

In the bottle this smelled strongly of sugar - sort of like burnt sugar actually. But when it hit my skin, I could smell the caramel strongly. I always have issues with the BPAL apple note though - it's always sort of boozey smelling and green (not like a Granny Smith, green like moss) so it doesn't always vibe well on me. I think the sugar and caramel balance it out a bit so that I'm not turned off by it, but add to that the fact that it fades quickly and I only feel so so about this one. Like it enough to wear it, but I dont love it. Definitely a fun scent though! (and if you don't have issues with BPAL's apple note than you just may love this :P ) Smells really similar to Creepy on me.

This is such a rich, crisp Red Delicious apple.

And the sugar...my gods, the sugar. I never was a fan of sugar or sweetness in BPAL scents but this stuff is incredible. Like dark caramel and fresh sugarcane. So complex, and so dark.

The apple in this reminds me a lot of the apple in Mock Turtle's lessons; fresh, juicy, and green. The candied part seems to be spicy brown sugar NOM NOM. The freshness of the apple cuts through the foodiness, and makes for a remarkably wearable scent. Unfortunately, it takes a turn for foodiville rather quickly, and ends up smelling like toasted brown sugar. Great for foodies, not for me! To be fair, I have skin that amps sugar, so that's probably why the lovely apple gets lost.

So excited to get this!

In Bottle: Immediately, this blend delivers... pure caramel apple... like others, I get bright red juicy apple slathered in caramel w/ a hint of cinnamon. The boy smelled teh cinnamon more strongly than I.

On Skin Wet: Luckily, nothing changes. Caramel has a tendency to amp on me and turn hazelnutty.....but not here - still pure, lovely, caramel apple, although the caramel note is a bit more prominent and the cinnamon dissapears to a whisper.

Dry: Caramel continues to strengthen, the cinnamon is gone and the apple is less prominent than it was, but theres still enough "juicy" freshness to prevent it from being pure caramel.

Overall: Pure caramel apple. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm going to love this for the rest of fall...

Throw: moderate

Lasting Power: Slightly less than moderate