Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarahmarie

Fairy Market

Otherworldy golden incense, blooming wind-flowers, everlasting lavender, bluebell, a faint whiff of exotic sugared candies, and fae mist upon wet green grass.

In the imp, lightly sweet and floral. On arm, that lasts about 3 minutes before it turns to pure baby powder. Wah! Fortunately, I have a friend who adores baby powder scent...this goes to her when I see her in a coupla weeks. :P

imp: delicate and beautiful

wet: laundry detergent-y

dry: the grass comes out, but some of the other notes are powdery---which is a kiss of death for me.

I don't think I'll keep it.

In the imp: :P Lots and lots of floral! It's beautiful and delicate though, no potpourri! Hooray!

On: Lavender! Florals! Sweetness! As it dries this really blends into every note mentioned in the description. This is the first scent I've tried where I can detect small traces of EVERYTHING but close up they blend together beautifully. Just like a market. :D I wish I had had this in April because it seems like an amazing Spring scent.

I'll definitely be keeping up with this one.

fairy market is a pale, sugary floral. it's sweet and the tiniest bit fruity. the incense adds a nice deepness to the scent, which makes me like it a lot. normally i might find this scent too sweet, but the sugary-incense is wonderful and i like it very much. reminds me of midnight on the midway a bit, but is sweeter. definitely keeping my imp of this one.

Fairy Market

In the imp: *keels over* ohh, this is beautiful! A sweet pink fluffy floral with hints of marshmallow and lotus! This reminds me of a perfume from Egypt that I once tried, and adored, and still pine for.

Wet on skin: this becomes creamy and greener once it hits skin.

Dry on skin: oh, wow, this is so beautiful! It still reminds me of that wonderful perfume, sweetly floral like a sugared lotus (is this the wind flower?), but this one is now markedly different. Now I smell more of the other notes…the grasses, the bluebells, and the candies. The sugared notes are smooth, creamy, almost milky, like some kind of fairy ambrosia in which marshmallows float, surrounded by candy floss. It is like a pink, sugar scented mist of scent. I don't know if I can smell the incense, and I can't smell lavender, but this is so beautiful! The bitter grasses and bluebells add a contrast to the sweet, fluffy notes.

After a while: the wonderful marshmallow mist of sweetness wafts off my wrist beautifully. Close to the wrist, I now smell that the bitter grass note has toned down, and now I smell something grainy like Red Moon, it also reminds me of the grainy sweet milk of Dana O'Shee at this point. This is delicate and ethereal and as light and floaty as fairy wings. Ohh, this is so beautiful, so gorgeous. This brings back all the memories of my childhood where I dreamed up wonderful stories of fairy realms and enchanting fairy markets selling sweets and flowers with magnificent fragrances, places I would escape to when reality got too boring. I swear I even had a doll that had a smell like this (but this one smells even more beautiful than that doll!) If those imaginative moments of childhood have a scent, this is it. I feel like I'm seven years old again, and I love it.

The scent becomes just that wonderful pink fluffy creamy sugary marshmallow floral candy that smells truly enchanting, and I love it. there's no sharpness, no bitterness, just smooth, round, and so approachable. It's so well blended at this point that nothing sticks out. Maybe there's a light musk which smoothes this scent so nicely.

Verdict: I am in love, totally infatuated with this scent. I have fallen in love with a lot of Beth's stuff but this one has stolen my heart and kept it captive, and won't let go. I love fairies, so it's no wonder I love this one to bits. Not just because it's a beautiful fairy scent which fits the description perfectly, smelling otherworldly and enchanting, but also because it reminds me of an Egyptian perfume called Isis that I once tried and fell in love with (but sadly, because of it's price, I never bought it. I still covet that Isis scent like crazy) this one isn't identical to that perfume, but it smells very close, with something almost lotus-like to it, with added notes of grass and sweets and sugary cream and marshmallows and candy floss! This is the scent of the wondrous fairy fairs that filled my imaginations as a child. This is so beautiful it seems to have come out of the world of dreams, something that smells this good can't be real, can it? This wonderful fragrance is very unique-there's nothing quite like it in BPAL. It's a nose magnet, my nose is glued to my wrist and won't get off! In fact, this scent seems to have shot to the top of my list of favourite BPALs ever, and it's GC! A more expensive GC, but so worth it. I think this is the closest I'll get to having a signature scent! LOVE IT!

Emoticon rating: :D :P :D

Is it a keeper? yes! I want a vat of this!

If you like this, try: Midnight on the Midway, Leanan Sidhe, Al Araaf, Dana O'Shee, Poisson D'Avril, Aeval, Cancer 07

Oh no. A sweet, fruity floral.

It is a total mess on me...in the vein of 51.

My chemestry flattens out all the nuance leaving only:

Expensive Department Store Perfume.

I love Stardust, but the scents seem not to be for me AT ALL.

:P

The concept behind this one is just amazing. It's a strong blast of damp grass at first, like you're standing in a grassy meadow early in the morning, and then POOF, there's the market. Sweet incense and a hint of sugary florals, and it's *beautiful*. That calms down a bit and a drier grass note comes out, like morning's turning into a hot summer afternoon in the market. It's fascinating. The scent itself is pretty light, and I'm not sure how I feel about smelling like grass, but this is one of the most evocative BPALs I've tried lately and my hat's off to Beth.

Hmm, this actually comes off as rather perfume-y on me! There's incense and florals...but it's really strong and overpowering on me.I don't get sugar or lavender or bluebell. There's just some strong traditional perfume note that I'm amping but I have no idea what it is. Oh well, off to swaps it goes!

At first, on me, it was an overwhelming floral (overwhelming because I can't do most florals), though pale and fresh. And I thought 'no way'. But on dry-down, a gentle sweetness and fruitiness comes through that makes me wonder if I should buy the bottle!!! Unheard of for me! A few minutes later, it's even fruitier and a tinge spicy, like the scent of lemon sugar cookies floating on the air of a field of flowers. And now it smells floral again. This is one of the MOST changeling scents I've ever tried!

No matter its manifestation, it's always a very pale, light scent. My son sniffed me and said, "leaves; it smells like leaves." On one side it's accidentally mixed with a very true strawberry scent and the two wafting together smell I think what I wanted Fairy Market to be...utter heaven.

Fairy Market is a delectable, sugary, bubble gum (in a good way), candy-coated imp. On my skin, it morphs into a dry, sweet, grassy floral. But that only comes out when I jam my wrist into my nose. Otherwise, it floats around me in a sweet, rich cloud of scent. Thankfully,it doesn't smell in the least bit "foody," and the lavender isn't overpowering.

All in all, it's gorgeous, and I need a bottle :P

Bottle: sweet green, grass, reminds me of my beloved Hungry Ghost Moon

Wet: Sweet green grass, a little candy sweetness but not sticky sweet, just light sweet, a little incense

Dry: it feels blue and green, like a summer night on the lawn, the lavender is faint but present, sweet vanilla and that mysterious hint of green

Beautiful scent, lightly sweet, I loved getting whiffs of this scent through the night. It’s a perfect scent for the summer and is the first Fairy themed BPAL scent that I can wear.

Wow, this is... warmer than I expected. It's very inviting. I can smell the incense, florals, and sugar but they blend together without any single note overwhelming the other. This smells like a pale, dusky purple to me, if that makes sense.

Fairy Market is a straight floral on me initially. I really want to smell the sugar and incense, because I don't do well with light florals. They tend to amp like crazy, become perfumey, and make me sneeze. As it warms, I pick up a tiny bit of sweetness. Then it fades again and the floral tone remains. I think this scent would be beautiful on someone lacking my chemistry. I wanted very badly to love Fairy Market. Sadly, it goes in the swap pile. :P

I hate to be the first to write a negative review, but Fairy Market is the biggest dissapointment I've had in a while. At least I did not get a bottle right away!

In the decant, I can smell grass and fruit, but they are the notes that are under something else that smells something like dandelion sap mixed with turnips. But I tried it anyway, because you never know how things will blossom on your skin.

Sadly for me, this stays the same, except that the fruit goes away completely, and the grassy-turnip scent stays, occassionally leavened by a hint of incense underneath it. Grassy-turnip doesn't sound that bad, I know, but I had to wash it off.

I'm very sad this doesn't work, especially because I thought this was a sure thing. I can imagine how lovely it is for others, but it will never be that way for me. :P Off to swaps, for sure.

This is my first review ever!!!

I received an imp in a group order along with many of the other new scents.

In the bottle I smell sweet, powdery, fruity scents. On my skin it smells the same...but it smells wet! I love wet smells! I love the name of this one and the scent it amazing as well I decided to buy a bottle! Can't wait to get it and see the lable!

P.S. I'm still not used to the correct terms I need to use for how stuff smells...but I'm working on it!

I too am disappointed with Fairy Market. It's not a bad scent. I really wanted to smell incense but I just don't. Strangely, I tried this at will call and loved it, but the bottle I brought home with me seems to be a different scent entirely. Fairy Market reminds me very much of Dark Delicacies and Black Moon. It's a sweet floral with no staying power at all. I might have to swap this one as well.

I really thought that I would adore this. I love grassy scents, I love candy scents, I love lavender... but this is definitely a perfumey floral on me with a drydown of baby powder. I've worn this several times since getting my decant in the hopes that it would turn out differently, but Fairy Market isn't pretty or complex on me at all. Every once in a while I catch a whiff of sweetness, as though a candy note is trying to pop through, but it's immediately squashed by floral powder. I'll be swapping away my decant of this one. I envy anyone who has skin that this scent works on, and I'm still sad and surprised that it doesn't work on me :P

I was starting to think that anything 'mist'-y was going to turn soapy on me. Then I got to try Fairy Market (thanks moonarcana!), which I actually really like.

I didn't have the description around me when I tried it, so these impressions are just that....impressions. It was a light, springy, and definitely 'green' scent at first. I thought it smelled good, but not extraordinary.

I already knew that sweet notes can be really strong on my skin (or maybe they just stand out to my nose), but in this case it's a good thing. As the Fairy Market dries, the exotic sugared candies basically dominate the scent for me, with some springy green-ness swirling behind. It's like a lighter, springy Sugar Skull, almost. I really like it although it's a bit feminine to wear out and about....but in the right setting, could be an absolutely fun scent for me to wear.

I must say that I expected more of a 'purple' scent for some reason... maybe I just associate purple with fairies or something!

This is actually a very green, crisp and clean smell to me, like the wind through the grasses with a touch of sweetness from the blooming flowers nearby. I really didn't get much for incense or the fruitiness that some seem to have detected. To me this is grasses and lavender with a tiny touch of sugar that comes out more as the oil dries... There also seems to be a very faint underlying bitter smell hidden underneath it all, and someone had mentioned dandelion sap, which is pretty close. It is almost undetectable, but still there nonetheless.

This would be a beautiful crisp green floral for the right person I imagine, but it doesn't quite do it for me...

ETA: After a very long drydown period, this becomes much sweeter, and less sharp. More of a pretty floral than a green one. Much nicer after about an hour of wear.

Edited by mystery213

Definitely a morpher! This one started out very perfumey-- florals and what smelled like sweaty leather over a thin plummy/berry base. But as it wears on, it gets complex and beautiful! The sugared candy note is to die for mixing with a faint green grass note-- fae indeed. The incense smells purple to me, not golden-- in fact, the drydown is similar to Morgause, which was the purplest perfume I've ever smelled. All of the notes form a olfactory cacophony that ends up greater than the sum of the parts-- it has a real festival feel and would be perfect for a RenFaire or carnival. Better yet, I got no lavender! Thumbs up for this one, both for uniqueness and for scent!

Edited by sihaya09

In the bottle:

This is weird, but sugared musk.

Wet:

As soon as this hits my skin, the predominant smell is the green grass note. As it begins to dry down, it's more reminiscent of sugared florals, but not the same as the ones in Pink Phoenix or Pink Moon, because it's got a "fresh" undertone that those blends don't have.

Dry:

Fresh florals, slightly sugared, but I wouldn't really call this foody on my skin. I love this!

I can't pick up any one note in this, but it's gorgeous!

It's soft, a little powdery, and vaguely florally, but a spicier floral. Every now and then when I sniff my skin directly, I can smell something sweet, and almost carmelly. It's definitely going on my top 10 list. It's absolutely beautiful on my skin, and has a really nice throw.

I was a bit dissappointed wirth this too, but maybe it will be different in a locket when i finally get one. In the bottle it's very light. On, floraly, grassy slightly sweet. i's a pleasent scent.I guess i was hoping it would be a little sweeter. Maybe with age.

Spring and candy!

There are a lot of performers in this fragrance but none are claiming centre stage. The grass note is soft and quite faint, the candy note is sweet without being sickly or foody, the florals are pretty and airy. There really is something about all the Stardust scents that makes me want to describe them as smooth.

The Fairy Market is a pretty scent, but not really the 'style' of fragrance I reach for often. I do kinda want to send it to the major perfume houses though, with a note saying -

This is what you are trying to do......