Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PilotKitten

BPAL Fruit Blends - the many variations

Shango!! It always reminds me of fruit punch, and it doesn't have a boozy quality to it. Hmm...I need to get a bottle of it...

To me, Schrodinger's Cat smells exactly like fruit punch- the Victoria's Secret Love Spell variety. When I first put it on, I get the mint chocolate note, but that fades off pretty quickly. YMMV though, because the scent I get certainly isn't what I expected from the description.

i've been beat to my rec's of bordello and swank. i've still not tried spiked punch though...

I second Iceblink's suggestion of Shango. I was almost afraid to try my frimp of it because of the banana note, but that didn't come out on my skin - the result was a slightly spicy, mostly appley scent that could definitely fall under fruit punch.

Shango!! It always reminds me of fruit punch, and it doesn't have a boozy quality to it. Hmm...I need to get a bottle of it...

I second Iceblink's suggestion of Shango. I was almost afraid to try my frimp of it because of the banana note, but that didn't come out on my skin - the result was a slightly spicy, mostly appley scent that could definitely fall under fruit punch.

I was able to get my hands on a bottle of Shango from a seller on ebay, and while I really do like it, it just isn't the perfect fruit punch scent for me. I think I am looking for a more "red" fruit punch scent, much like the Hawaiian Punch we had at bday parties when we were kids. Any more recs? I will continue to check the others out that have already been recommended. I doubt I will really like something with a boozy note like Spiked Punch has, so something punchy without the alcohol would be what I am searching for.

I want to smell like what comes in this can:

622hawaiian-punch.jpg

:P

I haven't tried it before but have a bottle on the way of Fire Pig. Judging by the reviews that might be a good one to try if you can get your hands on it.

Croquet also is quite fizzy and fruity!

Hope ya find what you're looking for.

When I made my recs above I was specifically thinking of red Hawaiian fruit punch. I still think Swank and The Hamptons are going to be your best bet, and I've tested about 95% of the general catalogue by now. And I do love Hawaiian fruit punch. :P

Swank was also very punchy to me..

And seeing that Hawaiian Red Punch makes me thirsty! I want some now!

*goes off to hunt for imp of Swank*

i am so totally anti-fruit (or anything else edible, for that matter) when it comes to fragrance. it's generally okay for bathtime stuff, but when it comes to my pulse points, please...dear gad...no. however. when i was urged to try bpal's depraved, i realized there was a favorable way to wear concentrated fruit -- when it's dirrrrrty. (depraved is nothing but apricot and black patchouli :P -- and i never even liked patchouli before). however, thus far, that's the only dirty fruit i've encountered. does anyone here have any recommendations as far this type of fruit goes? doesn't necessarily have to be patchouli-based, just as long as it ends up smelling semi-rotten, sorta moldy, but most definitely pitch-dark and dirt-laden! :D

depraved was the first bpal scent i ever smelled and the first bottle i ever bought. the only other dark, dirty fruit i love is imp, my absolute all-time favourite bpal scent.

Gomorrah!

I don't do fruity fruit either, but this one is just divine.

One of the Biblical Cities on the Plain, destroyed by God with fire and brimstone because of its people’s pride, prosperous ease, deceit, hedonism and indolence, and their callous, uncharitable hearts. A gritty, sordid and languid scent: ripe fig, date and currant with black herbs.

after sniffing through my gc bottles i'm struck by hymn to proserpine and a deep, dark, dirty fruit scent. perhaps dirty isn't the right word... perhaps decayed or mummified? also, while i don't find shango particularly "dirty", it is a very dark fruit scent. ditto for kabuki.

i've always been curious about tweedledum...Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea...is this "dirty"? or does the green tea "spike" it too much?

I'm a founding member of the wrecked fruit-of-the-month club.

I grew up on an apple orchard, and can still smell the rotting fruit, rotting leaves, dirt and crisp autumn scents that permeated the air. YUM.

And I LOVE Depraved.

Anyway, I can't recommend Tweedledum. It's fruity in a way my four-year-old appreciates but not me.

I don't know if you've tried Blood Countess, or if you can handle florals at all, but this is another of my true loves (except for accursed headache it gives me) although the fruit is more preserved than rotten. The scent overall is dark and rich.

I'm closely watching this thread for more recs!

Best,

Tzi

Edited by tziporra

Urd! Its in Excolo, one of the Norns (Fates). Yummy yummy eeevil grape: Muscadine, black and red patchouli, cereus and nag champa.