Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
PilotKitten

BPAL Fruit Blends - the many variations

Fruit of Paradise that you mentioned is a good idea to re-try, and you might want to try Hymn to Proserpine again. Maybe Skuld. Also, Lampades. And, oddly, Black Lotus perhaps - it doesn't actually *have* a fruit note, but the sweetness of the lotus puts it into the same feeling, for me, and it's balanced by the spices so it doesn't become too lotus-y. Also, if you don't mind perfumey top-notes, Bette Noir is good.

My favorite fruits (all in my top 10):

Bewitched: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk. When I first put it on, the sage and tea are in the forefront. But it dries down to a lovely berry and black musk combo that lasts for ages on my skin.

The Jersey Devil: pitch pine with blackberry leaf, cranberry, cedar wood and tomato leaf. My Christmas scent and also one of my favorite summer scents to wear outdoors. Not for anyone who doesn't like pine and cedar, but the berries are wonderful.

Josie: heady magnolia and honeyed peaches. I am not usually into white floral/perfume-y scents, but I love this. And the drydown smells like warm peaches in the sun and lasts for a long time. :thud:

Strawberry Moon 2009: wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap. I wrote this off the first time I obtained some, and ended up swapping my bottle. Then I kept thinking of it... and thinking of it... now I have a bottle and a back-up. It's... just... yummy. And quite fruity to my nose. It doesn't last too well on my skin, but in my hair or scent locket it's the epitome of summer.

Hey guys! I'm looking for two different types of sorta fruit blends.

1. Fig/fig leaves. My awful neighbors have this splendid, huge fig tree and every time I go out on the deck I smell the leaves mostly, but later in the year I can smell the fruit too. Is there any BPAL that has a mix of fig and fig leaf? Or anything that might come close to replicating the scent of figs/leaves/warmth? This sounds like a really good non-spicy fall scent to me.

2. Black currant without too much sweetness. I adore the currant notes in Eat Me, but I want something that tones down the sweetness. Maybe currants (esp black) with some kind of green note, or a smoky note? I know that there are a lot of BPALs that have black currant as a note, but after reading so many scent descriptions and reviews my head is about to explode.

I'm sorry if these questions are very redundant. Thanks! ^_^

I'm new to BPAL so I'm also looking for fruity scents minus the spice. I as far as non-fruits go I like sandalwood, a mute cinnamon, and a light patchouli but no incense. I enjoy fragrances that have these scents/accords: candy, fruity (apple, black current, strawberry, banana), citrus, clean, champagne, and anything else that is similar.

Some of the scents that have caught my interest are: Snake oil, Poisoned Apple, Akuma, Shango, Hollywood Babylon, The Hanging Gardens and The Hamptons. I am also looking for a scent that is one of the "seductive" scents that I may be able to wear that may be a little fruity.

Thank you for your suggestions!

;)

Edited by AliceInWanderland

I'm new to BPAL so I'm also looking for fruity scents minus the spice. I as far as non-fruits go I like sandalwood, a mute cinnamon, and a light patchouli but no incense. I enjoy fragrances that have these scents/accords: candy, fruity (apple, black current, strawberry, banana), citrus, clean, champagne, and anything else that is similar.

Some of the scents that have caught my interest are: Snake oil, Poisoned Apple, Akuma, Shango, Hollywood Babylon, The Hanging Gardens and The Hamptons. I am also looking for a scent that is one of the "seductive" scents that I may be able to wear that may be a little fruity.

;)

Fruity scents are my favorite! I think that Persephone (rose and pomegranate) is a nice, mildly seductive scent. The pomegranate makes the roses smell unbelievably juicy and just a little tart. I'm not a huge fan of rose, but this one is like Holy Grail to me.

Just for general awesome fruit scents, I would recommend the following:

Bon Vivant (strawberry champagne)

Strawberry Moon (a more realistic/non-candied strawberry)

Screeching Parrot (tropical fruit with a touch of booze)

Whitechapel (tons and tons of lime)

:)

For a leafy fig tree scent, try Strangler Fig. If you like it mellower and warmer, try Intrigue.

Biwa is my favorite not-too-sweet black currant BPAL.

Hey guys! I'm looking for two different types of sorta fruit blends.

1. Fig/fig leaves. My awful neighbors have this splendid, huge fig tree and every time I go out on the deck I smell the leaves mostly, but later in the year I can smell the fruit too. Is there any BPAL that has a mix of fig and fig leaf? Or anything that might come close to replicating the scent of figs/leaves/warmth? This sounds like a really good non-spicy fall scent to me.

2. Black currant without too much sweetness. I adore the currant notes in Eat Me, but I want something that tones down the sweetness. Maybe currants (esp black) with some kind of green note, or a smoky note? I know that there are a lot of BPALs that have black currant as a note, but after reading so many scent descriptions and reviews my head is about to explode.

I'm sorry if these questions are very redundant. Thanks! ^_^

;)

I second the nomination for Bon Vivant for champagne with strawberries.

Another amazing strawberry is Bat of Virtue, which you can buy from Etsy right now.

;)

In case you are in the mood to hang out in sales and swaps section...

I would suggest trying to track down some Austrakian Copperhead from the Snake Pit. I've seen it available in the sales and swap section; it's very tart berry with a Snake Oil base and one of my all-time favorites. Lawn Gnome, an older LE, had really bright red currant with vanilla patchouli base. Red Tide, a recently discontinued Tiki Bar scent, was very very berry yummy. My brain interprets Ushi to be sweet berry even though it is ripe juicy tomato and mango. Delicious stuff...