Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

In the vial: Fruity, mainly apples. Red apples.
Wet: Apples & honey are the most distinct notes.
Dry: The apple fades quite fast, soon all that's left is a light fruity honeyed rose.
Overall: I'm a little unsure about this one as rose and orange blossom are not my friends but this is unexpectedly nice. Maybe a bottle.

This was a lab frimp, as rose always sends me in the other direction.

In the imp: Apple juice! Hardcore apple juice with a touch of rose.

Fresh on skin: Ahh, there's the honey mixed in, and the apple is settling down.

Drydown: For a very brief moment, peed on honey. Uh... x_x But the urine is gone in moments. Now I smell honey and rose, with an underlying note of something I can't quite reach to identify.

I think I tested this once before, on a day where it and everything else I tried ended as soap. It was almost instant then, and so far, not a whiff of it this time.

Now the peach shows up, but it's faded. Is it disappearing already? It's been about ten minutes.

No, it's sticking around. Rose, honey and peach. I don't like rose, am neutral on peach, and the honey just isn't that interesting.

Not as bad as soap, (except for that certain brief moment,) but I remain utterly unimpressed. I need to start a swaps pile.

This is a sweet and sparkling blend that tweaks my nose :) I love this one! A perfect blend of sweet and spice - so many notes I love in this one, too. Predictably, a win.

Oh my goodness, this was incredible.

In the imp, it was apple with a little bit of spice, but it wasn't at all autumn-y.

Wet on my skin in was APPLEPEACHAPPLEPEACHAPPLEPEACH. Luckily, this faded fast.

The florals, frankincense and myrhh start to come out as it dries, then the honey. I got the orange blossom as the first floral, and the rose about 45 minutes later. In every stage, this was lovely.

When it settled down, even though it never quite lost the fruitiness, it was what I was hoping Jezebel would be, with nary a hint of baby powder.

This won't unseat my beloved Shattered or Jazz Funeral, but it will definitely merit a spot in rotation. I love it! :joy:

Inside the imp, I'm smelling rose, skin musk, and orange blossom.

On the skin, orange blossom straight away mixed with myrrh. As it dries, the peach note is faint. Rose emerges but is very tempered. Orange Blossom is still primary note on my skin, although it is not at all overpowering.

This is a faint scent on my skin with little throw and not much staying power. Dries down to light musk and orange blossom with faint swirls of rose.

I never got any apple and very little frankincense or myrrh after initial application.

On first application, floral-fruit, light and slightly sweet and pretty. After a while, though, the fruit fades out, and I'm left with a honey-musk scent, with just a touch of floral, probably rose, and if I sniff really hard, a whisper of peach. I want to like this, but I'm not sure I like the final stage as much as I hoped to.

There is an old heritage apple called Lady In The Snow which I adore. It's small and plum-like, blood red all over and whiter than white on the inside. It's crispy crunchy and super juicy when you bite into it and the flavour is a little tart and quite perfumey. Les Bijoux is this apple.

Bottle Sniff smells like a bottle of botrytis semillion, the honey is very apparent and it's the same honey in Flower Moon. Tart and filled to the brim with orchard blossoms.

Wet Fruits come to the fore and there's a hint of soap in the very first blush of the fragrance which quickly dies down to reveal herbaceous goodness with just a tiny hint of sweetness in the background.

Dry The green leafy aspects of this scent are dominating, I get flower stems crushed into honey and gradually the fruits find their way to the top of the bouquet again. On the extreme drydown I get a pleasant effect. The first breathe of the perfume is all apple but the more you smell it and the more you pick up honey and flower stems. Its a golden green scent like the colour of paler citrine gems. It reminds you of apple without actually smelling exactly like an apple or fake apple scent. This is a HUGE bottle of win for me and is now my official everyday scent. :wub2: It has wonderful wear length on me, envelopes me in a pleasant cloud of orchards in summer. Fresh, slightly tart and dry with a golden base. So glad I've already got a big bottle of it on the way.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

I received this as a frimp, because I hate the smell of honey and the other notes just weren't enough to entice me. However, this is a pleasant surprise!

In the imp, it smells very green and floral. On my skin, the greenness calms down and out comes the skin musk and a sweet note that I'm assuming is the honey. What surprised me was how gentle the honey scent was, it's actually a really nice note- I'm loving this scent a lot! It's soft and a little bit sexy, mostly musk and rose with the other notes peeking out behind.

Edited by yellowbread

Wet: Really sharp peach, almost a little sour. It smells like the peach shea butter I bought from Body Shop once. It went so sour that I stopped wanting to wear it... hopefully this won't turn bad.

Dry-down: Peaches and honey. The honey emerges slowly but it is so seductive. It rounds out the peach and makes me want to nom on myself. I don't know what skin musk smells like, but I'm sure it works on me because this scent is just lovely.

Dry: Still peaches and honey, but with more honey and skin musk. I loooove this scent. I think this stays closer to the skin, but I don't mind as long as I can smell it myself. I don't get any apple or rose, but I like it as is. Also, I think I amp rose so I'm glad it didn't happen here.

My brother's opinion: I got the thumbs up of approval.

My cat's opinion: He didn't run away.

In the bottle: peach gum, apples, light florals, and a bit of spice.

Wet: Musk, myrrh, still a bit of apple. It stays very close to my skin.

As it dries, the roses come out to play, and I barely get a whiff of dark honey, way up in my nostrils. I really like this stage.

Dry: Oh, there's definitely honey now, and I'm almost surprised that my wrist isn't sticky! So, honey and apples, with roses barely registering in the background. I think this is a keeper for me.

On the initial application I definitely get apple and peach, but it's not heavy and over-ripe. There's also a touch of floral sweetness with a sharp, unidentifiable edge. Frankincense and myrrh, perhaps? Unfortunately, after it's been on my skin for a while the sharpness overwhelms everything and irritates my nose. Darn it. :angry:

I thought of starfruit when I sniffed my imp of Les Bijoux. That must be the apple. On my skin, the apple and honey are strong and there's an almost-minty scent, too. What is that? Maybe it's a combination of notes, I'm not sure.

I want to like this -- apples! honey! -- but there's something in the mix that just isn't working for me. It might have something to do with the orange blossom. I'm not sure because I can't quite make out what it is, but orange blossom is usually not my cup of tea, so it's possible. Usually it would be the musk ruining the blend, but in Les Bijoux the musk stays hidden underneath everything else, so it's off the hook this time.

Mmm honey, roses, peach and apple. This is great! Sexy, not overpowering, musk isn't overstrong or rank. Frankincense is one of my favorites and does a great job keeping each not amicable. This is what I'll wear to bed just so I'm pleasantly surprised when I wake up smelling wonderful!

In the imp: PEACH EXPLOSION. Maybe a bit of powdery honey in the background?

Wet: more peaches, faint strands of roses, and a whole lot of powdery honey.

Drydown: BLECH! I smell like my grandmother, this is something I'd imagine old ladies at a tea party wearing. So disappointed, someone said this was similar to Daisy by MJ and I jumped on it, but on my skin it turned into a peachy powdery disaster =[

In the imp, I'm getting fruits and skin musk and honey with a bit of frankincense, really appealing. On my skin, it's peach and honey and apple and skin musk, like Flora and Josie from the District had a lovechild. Mmm. If this keeps it up, it may be a bottle purchase. Definitely going to a second full skin test, especially with the skin musk, honey, and fruits.

Full skin tests confirms that this is the love child of Flora and Josie from the District, except without Flora's shampoo-ness, lovely skin musk and honey and fruits, and definitely worth getting a bottle of.

Edited by Venneh

This starts out as a lovely, fresh "wet" floral if that makes sense. Kind of like you're walking through a greenhouse or conservatory after everything has been watered. As it dries, it becomes like a candied floral. I'm kind of surprised there isn't lotus here, because that's what I'm getting. Maybe the honey is making it sweet. I wish it stayed like it was wet, as this blend is becoming too sweet and candy-like on me. Ah well, more for the rest of ya!

Les Bijoux

In the imp and wet, there's a weird almost menthol-y sharpness, almost a bitterness, to this that I can't really identify. It's a nice fruity-floral, but that weird sharp note kind of ruins it for me. I really enjoy the skin musk+honey combination (Bengal is one of my favorite scents) but it doesn't really do it for me here. The rose comes out more as it dries, but there's this weird note in the background that smells soapy/plasticy to me. Seems like my chemistry and this scent just don't work :( After completely dry, it smells better (I am getting whiffs of honey), but still not amazing. If I want honey and roses, I like Alice a lot better. This is probably a swap.

edit: After reading some other reviews, some people have guessed there's jasmine in this, and if there is, that could very well be the problem. Jasmine seems to go bad on my skin. :sad:

Edited by sunlitgarden

Was frimped this from another forum member :) Everything except the rose and orange blossom sounds good. We'll see.

In the imp - strong frankincense, myrrh and fruit, with a smidgeon of honey.

On wet - fainter than you'd think! Musk, honey, rose (but then my skin amps rose like crazy), peach and faint incense.

Drydown - The rose goes a way a littlebit, thankfully. Honey, musk and peach are now predominant. I can't smell the incense but I guess it helps to calm the peach down. Nice, but nothing I'd wear.

Les Bijoux

Smells like tart apples and peaches to the point that they block out all the other notes. Maybe my skin amps those notes, or maybe they just need to calm down with age. It reminds me of Shango. Tart fruit and vague creaminess. I thought this would be amazing, but I'm disappointed. It's pretty boring. Strong throw.

Sweet, fruity floral. I smell the juicy peach! This is very fresh and pretty. The honey tries to make it creamy and reminds me a little of Defututa, but this no floral compares to Defutua...yet.

In the bottle: Definitely a honeyish undertone which is very rich and sweet, flowery peach tone gives it a brighter topnote. Pretty girl natural.

On my skin (wet): Becomes almost musky, the honey warms up and gives it that afterglow tone :D

Drydown: The honey musk is very nice! Like powder on a woman's skin. The peach takes on this nectar scent. The description in the poem is pretty dead-on for me!

Verdict: Very lovely. A nice go-to scent when I want to feel quietly sexy and pretty in a more adult way.

This starts off almost pure creamy honey/caramel on me, like a lighter O.

After a few minutes, I get a bit of the sharp apple scent under the honey and caramel, like someone cut a caramel apple up into slices for you to eat.

And the drydown remains the caramel/apple scent. It's nice, but not spectacular.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one! I smelled it in the imp and kept going back and forth between wether or not I was going to like the unidentifiable note that kept coming up (I don't know what frankincense or myrrh smell like to pinpoint them). The only thing that jumped at me was apples, and I like apples, so I decided to try it.

Wet: Apple and "perfume" (still can't pinpoint what this is...). Honeyed sweet.

Drydown: Still heavy on the apple. The apple has sharpened a bit, but not to the point of green apple sharpness. It's sweet but it's got bite. Surprisingly it isn't screaming "fruity" with all that apple, it's pretty balanced by that "perfume" that's turned a bit powdery.

Dry after some time: This stuff sticks around! Most scents have to be re-applied before the end of my work day, or are gone very quickly. I got home from work and could still clearly smell it on my wrists (and my scarf!) I've concluded that this is a sweet and bright fruity floral, it's got great balance between each note (even the rose has a glimmer in the background). I really enjoy this!