Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

Fae smells so close to Herve Leger to me that it's difficult for me to review it as anything else. Herve Leger is a tad more vanilla-ambergris-musky, though, while Fae is a tad more on the bright and sweet-peachy side. I like both of them, but Fae strikes me as definitely being the less adult of the two, so I don't think it's going to be hitting my big bottle list anytime soon.

From the bottle:

i can smell peach and something else. but what, i have no clue? the peach smells very good though. strong and tasty.

On me: OMG! fresh peach. that smells good. it gets sweeter, like a candy. i love it!

Two hours later: Slight peach smell. very sweet though. it's faint. but its nice.

Why I tried it: Hoping for another grown up fruit scent.

In the bottle and wet: Peachy and floraly.

Drying down: it's very light, but still mostly a sort of floral peach scent that I really really like. Unless this gets really weird on me, it's a keeper.

Dry: Sadly it fades kind of fast. This might be worth putting into a perfume spray; I like it that much.

Fae is a frimp I received in a swap with the lovely Thorne, and I'm so happy to be able to try it!

I swiped a little on my wrist before going back to the website to check the notes...and I was bowled over when I found that this contains white musk! Huzzah! A scent with musk that I love, didn't think it was possible!

Fae is a lovely, soft, peachy, freshly sweet blend that really does bring to mind the faeries for which it's named. It's mellow, but sparkling. The heliotrope is very subtle and lends a very light soapiness to the drydown, which I love.

Fae reminds me very much of the great classic Guerlain fragrance Mitsouko, only without the rich dustiness of that perfume.

I love it; I'm buying a bottle, thanks to Thorne!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss

White musk is usually awful on my skin. It gets very perfumey and bitter and gives me a headache. But sometimes, in rare instances, white musk is very creamy and adds a smooth, lovely note to a fragrance. The white musk in Fae turns out to be the lovely kind :P.

I don't really smell any floral in this. It smells like true juicy peach laying on a bed of creamy white musk. It's sweet, but not sickeningly so. I don't wear fruity blends very often, but I'll keep my imp of Fae around for special occasions.

This is another scent that initially scared me off because of the fruity element, but having now made my peace with fruit, I thought I would give it a try. I'd gotten it partly because my partner wanted to try it, but figured it might have potential for both of us.

My first thought on smelling it was that it smelled yellow -- kind of a luminous, golden yellow. Not the deeper gold of Coyote, The Lion or Bastet, but more of a shimmering, brighter, yellow-gold. Very sunny, somehow, but sun shining down on a garden, not on desert sands, prairie or savannah. Not bad.

Then my skin started to amp the heliotrope -- I was afraid it might. Heliotrope is one of those high sweet florals that on my skin often rear up and stomp all over the other notes. But thankfully, it seemed to stop before it got too strong -- I can definitely smell the heliotrope, but it isn't entirely obliterating the rest of the scent, or killing it for me the way it did with Greed. It seems to harmonize with the other notes here instead of clashing with them the way it did there. Basically, I'm getting pretty much equal parts earthy, fruity and floral, with the musk sort of softening it all and blending it together rather than asserting itself as a distinct note.

It's not my usual sort of scent, but I think I like it.

Grade: B

Apparently White Musk is what is not agreeing with me in many things, much like myrrh.

In the Bottle: Faint peach, but a sickly peach. Musk.

Dry: The musk has mellowed a lot, but strangely this smells exactly like "Eve" to me, but with a slightly peachy overtone, and Eve is one of the scents I really hate. This is weak and flabby. Swap pile!

Fae, another of the imps from lovely mini.

In the imp: Undeniable fruit, nice sweet wet fruit tinged with musk. I'm very proud of myself, I picked out white musk without seeing the description. Getting a tid bit better with the ol' nose. So far, I like it, as long as the bitterness created by the musk and wet fruit mixture doesn't stay too strong.

Wet: Still musky, but it's in the background more and the juicy fruit comes out to play in full force. Already a heavenly mix of woodland flowers and juicy, wet fruits.

Drydown: Peachy and honeysuckley. I like it A LOT.

Overall: Will keep, will use. Very fruity and nice

In the bottle: Peach, oakmoss, and musk. It's fresh & light, not a sweet peach like in Tamora.

First on: Peach and musk. It reminds me of a Body Shop scent, but I can't remember which one. I think this might replace Tamora in my peach scent category.

Drydown: As the musk quiets down, the oakmoss is beginning to come out, turning it from a fresh bright peach into a ripe and juicy one. This is more like the peach in Tamora, but with my old friend oakmoss there too. Definitely better than Tamora for me.

Aaaargh! Begone you, heliotrope!

And it does, after a few minutes and the sweetness goes down a notch with it. The I get the peach and the oakmoss. The peach is ok, but I'm a little hazy on the oakmoss - it's got that tickly-your-nose-slightly-nauseating quality.

Overall, I like the sweet juiciness, but not so much the oakmoss. It's quite nice from a distance, but a close sniff just magnifies what I like least. This is a very light blend however, so not much throw.

Ambivalent. I think I will try this again at another time.

Mmmm. I instantly fell in love with this one.

Out of the vial I smell a very citrusy peach. It's light and etheral..exactly like the description says ^^

On my skin this smells almost like hawaiian Fruit Punch with some herbal undertones. Again, it's very very light, sweet and fresh smelling.

Unfortuantly, this doesn't last very long and isn't detectable unles you're very close to where it was applied.

I love this scent! Hoever, i won't be purchasing a 5ml just due to the fact that it doesn't last long :/

**Edit**

Ok, after a while....this seems to get..stronger on me (if that's even possible).

But it does! I can actually smell it really well now. I left my office, and when i came back...Fae filled the room.

Definilty going to need a 5ml ^^

Edited by CourtneyLynne

Oh please, oh please, oh please, I want to LOVE this one! I want...I NEED to smell like the Fae!!

Tentatively sniffs the imp: Hmmmm...smells orange! Not the colour, the fruit.

Wet on wrist: Inititally, this is very Orange (not Peach!). It reminds me of the smell of those sugared jelly fruit candies (the orange one of course), sweet and sugary. And shortly after, the musk starts peeking through the orange.

Drier: Oh No! No, no, no, no, no! This is turning into Gilette's Musk deodorant that my ex used to wear! After awhile, I couldn't take that smell any more (not because it was him wearing it...I am just not a musk fan!) and bought him another type of deodorant! :P

*keeps sniffing every couple of seconds to see if it has morphed out of the musk deodorant smell*

Dry: A sweet smelling orangey musk. Actually pretty nice for a musk scent, but as I said, I am not a fan of wearing musk and it is most prominent here.

It makes me sad that the Fae smell musky. *sigh* But then, I never pictured them smelling like sugared orange jelly candies, either. :D

Actually, I think Elves would smell more like oranges and candy. That was what I always found in my Christmas stocking!

Well, I was going to send this to swaps, but actually, it might make a nice Christmas room scent, now that I am thinking of it. Maybe it will even attract the Elves to bring me more stuff! :D

I wasn't so keen on this when I first applied it - it was too overpowering and sweet. However once it had been on for about an hour it turned into this gorgeous glittery scent. It is quite fruity but that isn't all that there is to this, its musky and just blooming loverly!! Another winner :P

Ok, in the imp, Fae is all peach. To the point where I almost thought we weren't going to get along. Thank goodness I was wrong. :P It smells. LOVELY. I'm not sure I can pinpoint what it is, exactly, that makes me love it so, but once it's on my skin, the peach mellows out and something else comes forward.

Possibly the musk mellowing the peach out but it might be the heliotrope (I have no idea what that smells like, so I'm just guessing here). Whatever it is, it's making the peach very fizzy and a bit erm. Less sweet? Not spicy, but.. I'm not sure what it is. But, this is good.

I probably won't end up with a 5mL, but I'll definitely be using up this imp in good time. Who knows, maybe I will end up with a 5mL. :D

Edit: I just realized.. for all the love that I have for fruity smells (B&BW line, mostly), this is the first BPAL fruity scent that's worked on my chemistry!

Edited by sideviewhotel

:P

I've taken to Fae like catnip. I want to run and jump and roll around...wheeeeee! I must have more!!!!!

:]

I wanted to like Fae, but it just didn't work with my chemistry I guess? The florals smelled too bitter and the sweetness smelled... rotten? Very strange. I'm not a big fan of peachy/fruity or floral perfumes anyways so I shouldn't have had such high hopes. One someone with compatible chemistry this would be lovely.

In the bottle:

Bright and sparkling

On me:

This is not an overwhelmingly fruity scent. The peach remains light and airy and crisp, and there is a wonderful moss note in this that keeps this very earthy and grounded. Sort of like if the peach were just underripe and still new, it's got a great breezey peach smell but it's all green smelling too.

Final note:

This is a great scent, I love how airy this is, and that it's a very balanced scent. The peach is wonderful and that oakmoss goes with it perfectly!

In the bottle: Peach and bergamont. Sweet and sour at the same time.

First on: Fresh peach that is slightly tart, bergamont and a slight hint of oakmoss and musk. This is a very airy scent with a bit of zing.

After a bit: It's mostly just a sweetened white musk now with an ever so slight crispness to it. In some ways the scent reminds me of Lick-A-Maid.

I rather like this, but some might find this a little candy oriented.

Edited to add: After a bit this started to smell like Givenchy's Amariche (however it's spelled) which isn't a good thing. I wont be wearing this again

Edited by Spastik_Kitty

I LOVED Fae in the imp, I just knew it was going to become one of my top 10. But alas, the peach note turned fake and plasticky(!) the moment it hit my skin. I was impressed that the peach stuck around through dry down, which would have been great if my chemistry had allowed it to be a true peach note.

I'm envious of those who can wear this, and I will definitely try it in the burner or as a linen spray or something. Incredibly sparkly and light, probably the most ethereal and lovliest of all the imps I've sniffed. It truly lives up to it's name.

How I love Fae, let me count the ways.

In the vial: Was a bit hard to pick out. Seemed floral and maybe a little green, but sweet.

On me: PEACH! Oh how I love peach. Then it has an underlying white musk. Something is also making it smell like lightly dusted, sparkling sugar. It all compliments the peach soooooooo beautifully.

Overall: I feared that I wouldn't love it, because I love faeries. I have a tattoo of one! So I was very happy that I love this. It reminds me of Avon's Peach, but I don't mean that in a bad way and it is better of course. I'm lovestruck.

Fae smelt very, very strongly of white musk in the imp and upon direct application. Like, it could have been single note white musk on me. However, upon dry down the peach is the dominant note. This is a ripe peach scent - very sweet and very ripe. It is a little too sweet for me, though - I like peach, but this is super peach, almost candy-like, and I'd prefer it if the white musk scent stuck around a little more. Heliotrope never seems to work for me, and I think it is turning this blend a little funky on me.

The name suits the blend, though - it is definitely ethereal and airy. But not one I would repurchase.

Yesterday, I received a set of imps from the very generous Diana. I was so excited to try them all, and Fae was actually at the bottom of my list to try. One by one, each of the scents disappointed me. None of them worked on me. :D

Then I got to Fae. This scent made up for the rest of them. I want to BATHE in this scent!

This is coming from a person who doesn't really like fruit/food scents. I was worried about the peach in this scent, worried that it would be too strong and sweet.

When I first put it on, that's exactly what happened. It went on like cough syrup.

Then, within ten minutes, the musk came out to play. It balanced the peach perfectly! I don't get much floral out of this. Mostly I get vanilla musk, with an underlying tone of peach. It's not foodie, like Peaches and Cream; it's more like standing outside on a hot summer day, smelling faintly of vanilla and the juicy peach you've just eaten.

Love it! Must have a bigger bottle! :P

Fae is so light and lovely on my skin. Sadly my skin seems to prefer richer, spicier scents...

This scent is vanilla and a cool crisp breeze in a bottle. Fae is such a sparking and clean scent. Perfect for spring.

My only complaint with this vanilla-perfection... Fae was undetectable on my skin in less than 30 min. :P

I love the peach note in this. It's a sweet ripe -real- peach. It doesn't smell at all like I expected. I don't know why I keep getting surprised when the notes smell like the real thing and not like a synthetic version. The notes on me at first were mostly peach with a clean touch of white musk. After about 30 minutes everything blended together harmoniously to compliment and work off each other. The peach is still the predominant note but still smells like real peach layered with all the lovlies.

Lerve.