Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Tweedledum

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

Slightly sweet, a tad fruity and oh shite there's patchouli.
Wait a minute...hahahha the patchouli is disappearing, leaving behind a trace amount of earthiness, which is the only thing I love about pacthouli.
The biting green tea mixed with fig and mango is really delicious, and overall makes for a great fruity tea scent. Edited by Schmoozy

I was tentative when applying this one because I haaaate patchouli.

Luckily, I never smelled hide nor hair of it -- just juicy mango with a spicy edge, which I'm guessing is the green tea?

I'm discovering that I really don't like sweet fruity scents on me. As a room scent, yes, but not on. I do get mango, sweet and somewhat citrussy and it is giving a "sour patch kid" feel to it. I probably would have been all over this 10 years ago, but for now I'll just use it as a room scent. I'm sure this will be great for days when I want a nice tropical feeling atmosphere.

Very interesting. And annoying, because it reminds me so much of something and I can't figure it out. I *think* it reminds me of a shop an ex used to have, or at least the little indoor plaza it was in.

Anyways...this is actually a green tea scent I would wear because it doesn't scream GREEN TEA. It's very bright and uplifting, the patchouli stays calm but grounding, and there's virtually no fig (which is fine w/me!), and the mango is wonderful.

I didn't expect to like this, but I do. I'll have to add it to my bottle list. :P

First time I opened the imp I thought “Yikes! Patchouli!” and quickly closed the lid. Next time I opened it again (because I still had to try it) I cached a fruity smell like of melons and mangos, but with a medicine-like quirk. The patchouli was there, lingering in the background, still, like a sting in my nose. It wasn’t Horrible, with the “Iiiik! Wash it of me!”-thing. It was a powdered, dry mango. Perhaps I could think of having as a tea, dried mango-pieces mixing with green tea, just a little juicy when in the hot water; a little powdered. The patchouli quieted down, but it was still very make up-dusty. Liked the mango, the idea, and sometime I almost liked the smell…

I'm reviewing Dee on one wrist, and Dum on the other, because...that's the way it should be. :P Dum is a charmer! A soft green scent--I smell the fig distinctly, and it goes really well with the clean green tea note from Embalming Fluid. The patchouli just adds a little extra spiciness. This is actually one of the best fig BPALs I've encountered--the other notes round it out nicely instead of drowning it, which is what happened with Eden on me.

Captures the character and essence of who they are. This "Tweedledum" is fantastic. I actually always hated the two characters, Dum and Dee, and maybe that's why I hesitated to get this blend. But oh my god, am I glad I did. This is easily my favorite out of the 8 samples I got. This is the best. The. Best. I love it, I want more of it. It's fantastic. It's like putting on bubblegum and bubbleyum and chewing it for hours. Even when the sweet sugar high subsides and it turns into a sweet meadow of melons, you feel like you're still in a green house sniffing fresh fruit. I love this. It's soft, subtle, adorable, cute, girly, soft spoken, ditzy and delicious.

in the imp: sweet green fruit candy. :heart:

wet on skin: same, with a bit of distinct mango. but only a bit.

dry down: the fruit has faded and i'm left with something that smells like a sort-of sweet soap, like a body wash or a nice mid-level shampoo.

in all: with so many BPAL scents that are gorgeous and riveting and complex, this one can be skipped over.

:huh?:

This was a lab frimp, so I'm interested to see how this works, because really, I tend to avoid fruity scents...but here goes...

In the imp, I can only smell mango. No, cancel that thought, a little hint of green tea peeks out too.

Wet, it's very sweet. Right now, it's all mango and fig. It's kinda gentle and innocent, and that's about all. Not at all complex at all. It is still lab fresh though, so I'm not giving up on it yet...I will at least put it away and try it again in a month or so.

Dry, less sweet, but still fruity. I know I said I would give this up to swaps. Fruity, no matter how well done it is just doesn't do it for me.

At first I smell green fruits, sweet and tart – mango, and perhaps also melon. These light, juicy notes are grounded by the ripe richness of fig and the dark earthiness of patchouli. This reminds me of walking into Pier One. They may make a candle that smells like this. It’s just an association that I have in my mind. It’s really a pleasant scent, fruity yet sophisticated. I’d like it as a room scent. I’m not going crazy over it, it’s not completely “me” due to the fruitiness, but I will wear it on occasion.

maaango. i didn't really like this in the bottle - but then i put it on and went to bed and i started dreaming of juicy fresh mangoes - although the yellow ones, not the green ones. or perhaps only green on the outside. pakistan mangoes, mostly. yum, actually! i'm glad i bought a bottle.

Yummy! The tart fruity scents are really starting to grow on me with the warmer temps.

In the bottle & wet: Pucker inducing tart mango!

Dry down: Still tart but more like a mango dipped in sugar. I don't get any patchouli from this one at all.

It’s nice but I just don't think I like patchouli, not that this is a very strong note here, but I'm quite fussy. I don't get too much mango, this one is predominantly fig on me.

I tried it with Carnal also which I found quite similar and I think they blended well together but I think Carnal has the slight edge on this.

3/5 It's not bad but not bottle-worthy really.

Imp: Bittersweet orange peel

Wet: Bittersweet orange peel

Drydown: Orange blossom. Huh? I know I don't have Dum confused with Dee...maybe my nose is broken. lol This is really bitter. I left it on and waited and waited, but to no avail.

Overall: This was a no go. Way too bitter on my skin.

CANDY!! And children's fruity vitamins. I think the mango and fig are contributing to a candy-like sweetness here. I am getting absolutely no depth from the patchouli at all, and the green tea note is adding a bit of airiness. Fluffy and slightly effervescent.

In the bottle this is mango plus something green. On my skin, the fig-and-patchouli undertones amp and become too dusky and dead-earthy for this to work on me. :(

Tweedledum

This has been in my imp box for forever, and I'm not sure I've ever even tried it. It's definitely different, and not unpleasantly so. The mango is high and bright, with the fig for sweetness and the tea and patchouli lounging in the background. Not a bottle for me, but I think I'll hang onto this imp. (Like I need more absurdity in my life! :lol: )

The wet stage of this is delicious, it's a lovely fresh mango the smells fizzy to me, very quickly I can star to smell the earthyness of the patchouli but the mango is making it bright/earthy. he green tea is very faint at this stage.

It turns a bit drier smelling as it dries and the tea is more prominent, now I can smell the fig too.

The mango has faded quite a bit, but it's still there.

Unfortunately this fades really fast and get's kinda weak, Such a beautiful wet stage but then..it get's a bit ruined by the wearlength.

:(

I got this as a giftie from the lab. Thanks!

In the imp: Wow fruit! I am getting mango and fig, and honestly candy versions of the two more than anything else.

Wet on skin: upon application it is the same as in the imp. Then it slowly starts to get eaten by my skin. Strange. Still no patchouli for me, but maybe the tanginess I am smelling is the tea? This is really just too fruity for my skin. We don't tend to get along. But I can see how this would be nice one someone else.

Dry on Skin: Much more subtle, but still sticky sweet.

Later: Still waaay too fruity for me but now with an undertone of coconut? Must be my nose.

I have to say overall that I wish this mango was closer to mango... this is lacking the earthy sultriness of mango that underlies the sweet to me, and also that slipperiness.

Ordered this as an imp from the lab, because of the patchouli note. You see, I'm madly in love with Patchouli. I'm planning on marrying patchouli and running into the countryside together and starting a commune. With just me, and patchouli.

This is not a patchouli scent. I am sad.

It is, however, a fruity scent. I'm having an affair with fruit, you see. Ever since I tried Crawdad I went "OH MY, I like fruit scents. Who knew?" and have tried to hide this from patchouli. But, see, when I wear things like Depraved it's oh so very awkward- but oh so delicious.

This is not depraved. This is fruit, with patchouli out back working on the yard, and unbeknownst to him a raunchy affair is taking place. Depraved was a threeway with patchouli and fruit. I got this imp, hoping for another three way. :evil:

Yet, I'm satisfied. Also in Crawdad was green tea, and I wondered... what is it adding to the scent? Naturally, you can't tell at all in crawdad. It's just bizarre. Too much too great who cares mentality. But with Dum, I can tell. Mango is a fresh bright juicy... green. And then the green tea sort of adds this little zest to it. Patchouli is there, but he's just mowing the lawn so all you get is this natural green waft. Then Fig. Fig is a scent I've come across again and again lately, yet have no idea what it is or what it's doing. Stalker.

In any case, this is a refreshing scent. It's, in some ways, comparable to Squirting Cucumbers for me. It feels just as bright and splash-worthy. Light, but full bodied (oh THAT'S fig.) It does have a slight... clean feel to it. I want my clothes to smell like this. But don't be mistaken, it is fruit. And the fruit ripens as you wear it. Getting juicier and sweeter as it sits. It does border on candy-sweet, but yet is too juicy for me to feel ok saying that. Maybe more like mango gushers. Do they make those?

Maybe I'll layer this with Goblin and see what happens. It's nice, but I wanted my love affair :cry2:

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

In the vial: Rich fruit with both depth and satisfying high notes. This smells really good to me.

Wet: Still has that depth, but it's a great deal sharper and more perverse, suddenly. The greenness of the unripe mango comes out now, and there's some herb in the background that's possibly patchouli but not the usual way patchouli behaves on me.

One hour: An appetizing but almost medicinal bitterness now, over something chirpy that's either the mango or the tea, I'm not sure. Still perverse. Whereas Tweedledee made me laugh because he was silly and frivolous, Tweedledum makes me laugh because he's pouty and grumpy. I should try layering them some time!

Two hours: Ah, now the patchouli is in charge. I'm getting fruity patchouli, a combination I always like. There's still a slight bitterness to it, but it seems to be part of the patchouli now, and the chirpiness has turned more sedate. It will be interesting to see whether it keeps on changing, but I'm guessing this is its more or less final manifestation.

Three hours: Yup, fruity pachouli, and less strong now. I like it, and I'm definitely going to try layering the twins together to see how they smell.

Four hours: Gentle patchouli with a touch of fruit. Over sooner than I expected; often patchouli goes eight or more hours on me.

Sweet candy, fruit. Light, tropical. Fun. LIKE settles into vanilla.

BUT: it changed. I don't know if because I tried it the first couple of times before a certain age, but now, it's all patchouli. :'(

In the imp, I get a sweet, fruity candy smell. If I concentrate, I can pick out the unripe mango, but it's faint. Wet, I get patchouli and Sweet Tarts candy. Dry, same thing, with an emphasis on the Sweet Tarts. Again, I can pick out a slightly mango-y note and a bit of tea but I feel like I may be imagining it under the tart sugar. I'm neutral on patchouli in general, and while I like Sweet tarts candy to eat, I was hoping for something more distinctively mango. It doesn't seem to change much, although I think the patchouli is stronger in the first couple hours. It seems to have a medium throw. I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it around for the summer.

In the imp and fresh on: Green, grassy/fruity.

Drydown: I like this. The green tea seems to be the top note, with the fig adding richness and the patchouli providing a spicy undernote.

Long-term: Very little change. Staying power is average to good; it's still around after 8 hours and the patchouli (the last note to fade) is still barely perceptible after 11.

Bottom line: This is a very pleasant blend, with a little more staying power than a lot of the fruity scents. Definite keeper, to be worn often!