Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

In the imp: ACK, butter. I hate buttery scents. Here goes nothing.

On my skin: Well, that's interesting. I ordered this one because I heard a rumor on the forum that it was "a lighter Snake Charmer." I love Snake Charmer but it's a bit much sometimes. And what do you know...Eat Me IS a lighter Snake Charmer on my skin.

Like Snake Charmer, I really don't smell that much vanilla in Eat Me. I smelled a tiny bit in the wet stages; none at all in the drydown. Must be my chemistry, I guess. I get mostly smooth spicy fruit. It smells like a lighter, gentler Snake Charmer (i.e. Snake Charmer minus patchouli), at least on me. I *definitely* do not smell like cake, which given my aversion to foody scents (haaaaate) is a good thing!

I want to like this one. I think I do. I almost do. Every once in a while I catch a whiff of something that *might* be vaguely plasticky, and that's making me think it might not be 5 mL worthy. I'll have to test it again. If I don't get any plastic on another few wearings, I think I'll actually have to order a bottle of this one, because I like the idea of a lighter Snake Charmer for daytime/office wear. Eat Me really is rather nice - and quite a surprise to me, because it sounded like total Electrabane from the description!

I put this on my ankle, and I keep having to hoist it up for a sniff.

Really good.

It smelled like pink frosting in the bottle, but I swear I smell red musk on my skin.

It's not as cakey as I feared it might be.

Reminds me of the Queen Crossbones soap from Arcana.

So, I couldn't wait - but the winnings from an ebay auction sure came quick ! I have a lil imp to try, here goes nothing?

Wet - Buttery, with something vaguely berry-like, and something vaguely ... sour?

Drying - I can smell something that reminds me of plastic (that's not good ): ), but if I try hard to ignore it, I can smell vanilla and berries, like a creamy berry candy, perhaps a flavoured buttercream? Besides the buttercream part, there's nothing that specifically makes me think cakes!

Dry - I was hoping that the thing that's making me think plastic would go away, but it hasn't completely gone yet...

Even more dry - yay! plastic is gone! (unless I put my nose to the back of my hand ...) I smell pink cotton candy and cream! It's just that it took a while to get there ...

I don't tend to go for things that have buttery notes in them, especially buttery + vanilla as the odds are that I'll get something smelling like melting vanilla scented plastic bags, which is kind of unfun. However, not knowing where to start, this wasn't too bad!

This one goes through crazy morphing for me.

In the imp, it's a rich, sweet scent, sharp berries with fresh-from-the-oven vanilla cake underneath.

Wet, the berries are still there, and there's a strong, almost astringent vanilla that reminded me of Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, but without that blend's piercing sweetness. This worried me, as I'm not in love with that particular vanilla.

It softens, though, and the berries sweeten and come more into play; for a while, it's almost straight berry on me.

Dry now, the berries are gone, and all I can smell is soft, airy vanilla cake. This isn't a dense, moist cake. It's light and fluffy.

I like this so much. I don't wear all the scents I test out for a full day, but this one has passed the initial test and will be going through that stage, probably tomorrow. I see bottle potential here.

Edit: And now there's a sweet hint of berries again. I don't even know about this one, but I love all the twists and turns. Can't wait to take it out for a full test drive.

Edited by Cathryn

so i got an imp of this in the mail from a swap, and threw the package in my car on my way to will call from san diego in rush hour traffic. while inching north, i recklessly opened my package and tested Eat Me on my arm.

not a wise choice when you're hungry and not a bakery in site.

Eat Me is cake with a twist on me. it's much more subtle than cake, actually. it reminds me of japanese pastries, gyuhi or even mochi...sweet rice flour with some bean paste in the middle. sweet but very muted at the same time.

seeing as i LOVE japanese sweets, Eat Me is now one of my favs. i think i'm going to have to do a top 5, as i can't choose just one favorite.

Can I just say first that this is the ultimate scent if you want a man to try and nibble every inch of your flesh? I smelled so goooooooood, utterly like a delicious cake, and when I asked one of my neighbors to smell me(note, this is a male) he proceeded to try and knaw on my wrists, proclaiming that I smelled unbelievably tasty.

The name fits, doesn't it? :P

Oh, yes, you want to know how it actually smells. Like cake incarnate. This scent demands it's wearers to wear shirts that declare themselves cake.

Eat Me is fearfully buttery in the bottle, but it doesn't last, thank goodness! Instead it develops into what I want to say is Entenmann's coffee cake/pastry, the kind with the deliciously artificial fruit jam on it. Sweet and fruity and yum!

In the imp: a sweet cakey scent, thankfully without that sour nut smell that made me dislike its counterpart Drink Me.

Initial application: mmm...now this is a true foody scent. Sugared cake, with just a touch of fruity vanilla.

Drydown: "I smell cake," says my daughter, then leans towards me. "Oh, it's you." This is truly a delicious scent. I wore it two days in a row, which is a first considering I'm still going through a sizable collection of untested imps. I'm not sure if it's a future 5ml purchase, because it's a little too sweet and playful for everyday use, but I will treasure the imp I have. Perhaps when that runs out...

Smiley rating: :P

I was worried about this when I first put it on, because I got sort of the same dry, stale smell I got with Queen of Sheba (oh, those almonds did not like me...) -- it smelled sort of like stale corn chips.

But thankfully that went away very quickly, and then I got lovely, lovely sugared currants. Which I'm still getting wafts of 3 hours later. Yum.

In the bottle, before it touches my skin, Eat Me smells like cake frosting.....Yum!! Then I put it on and it quickly morphs into a lighter sweeter Snake Oil with a little sugar and even a pinch of cinnamon, maybe? That's what I'm getting. The first time I put it on I was thinking.....'OMG, am I the only one who thinks this smells like Snake Oil?!?' LOL well, I read the reviews and no, I'm not the only one! :P

Anyway, I actually compared side by side with Snake Oil and I think I might actually like Eat Me a little bit more...very sweet and appealing, with the same sugar/vanilla. Personally I think there must be one more common note here, they smell so much alike to me...maybe the red currant? I could be wrong though. Jeez, now I have to decide which 5ml to buy, unless I just get both. Eat Me does have a little less throw and lasting power than Snake Oil (which is one of the champions in those categories, for me anyway...) Bottom line....a very enjoyable scent that I will wear again!

Based on oohs and ahs and recommendations in the forum, I ordered an imp of Eat Me.

I do like vanilla, and I think I like sweetness, so it would seem I should just devour (so to speak) the yumminess of Eat Me.

So. Open the imp: VANILLA!!!!! I'm not sure, even though I love vanilla, or I thought I did, that so much vanilla is going to be a good thing after all.

Bravely slash a bit on wrists. Okay. Teeth achingly sweet, and I have a vision of a yellow cake with perfect crumbs...and lots of frosting (vanilla, yes) but a touch of...as it dries...spice. Very faint spice. Mostly still vanilla/sweetness.

After a time, a touch of...is it berries? It is fleeting, whatever it is.

The initial throw seems to be tremendous (I think people down the street should be running over to my shop hoping for birthday cake) but the scent doesn't last much more than an hour.

It's nice, it's vanilla, but I don't think it is one of my omigod, must have this always fragrances.

imp:butterscotch, baked goods (snickerdoodle cookies?) and perfume

wet:same, only less butterscotch and more perfume. nice.

dry: It gets really lovely for a while and I can see how people compare it to Snake Charmer, even though it is different. I smell a hint of something menthol-y (but nobody else smells it). I tried adding a bit of Scherezade to see if it would be mroe snake charmer-y...it is, but still not THAT close. The menthol smell comes and goes to my noze, but I get big thumbs up from my coworker who likes BPAL. He likes it plain and with Scherezade, but he likes it best layered with Scherezade.

Verdict-Not bad! But I like Snake Charmer better. *sigh*

This is love in a bottle for me. This starts off as a little too buttery, but very quickly the currants shine through. This is the fluffiest cake with a light buttercream icing, topped with currant glaze. Fantastic :P I like foody scents, but this is my favorite by far (so far) This is going to make a wonderful dry oil spray... I think I will make a lotion as well, I need another bottle.... pronto!

Cakecakecake! :D

Ok, seriously this scent reminds of a South African bread pudding that I got for Christmas last year with custard and everything with some added blackcurrant jelly on the side. I love this to bits! :P

Edited by Dark Sparkle

at first: sweet and vaguely fruity. definitely foody.

on:wow...lots of vanilla and cake. wonderful.

2.5 hours later: this is more perfume-y now. i'm not sure if i like it.

4.5 hours later: soft and sweet. a bit powdery.

overall: this just didn't develop well on me. i think i'll have to keep going to beaver moon for my foody fix.

Cake with frosting.

OMFG.

This is the first foody blend I think I'd actually wear on a regular basis. I'm so happy it's gotten cooler! Once the imp is gone I'll definitely be buying a bottle.

:P

Eat Me-

(Being a foodie, I've been looking forward to trying this from the first time I heard about BPAL. No, seriously. It was one of the first scents I heard of and it made me decide to give BPAL a try. So I couldn't wait any longer. It can't possibly live up to the anticipation now! :P But here goes.)

In Bottle: Very light and blackberry (or maybe blackcurrent).

Wet: Mmm, beautifully berry. There is underlying vanilla to mellow it and that really works.

Dry: There really is no cake here that I can perceive, but I'm not sad! This is berries and vanilla syrup, and it's a lovely combination.

Overall: Lovely.

(This is the kind of scent that makes me drag out my absolute BPAL favorite, MonsterBait Underbed, and take a good sniff and say, "Ahhh, that's what was missing." But I won't fault Eat Me for not being Underbed; it's lovely in its own right!)

Edited by steffanina

It's DEFINATLY a foodie scent. I'm a little overwhelmed. After the lightness of the Unicorn, this scent pretty much ripped the doors off.

Wet: it smells part carmel corn and part cake. I'm sure I'm smelling the currents too but my nose hasn't developed enough to tell for sure.

Dry: again it's still very strong on me. Very buttery carmel corn.

I think I'm going to pass on this one though, I'm glad I only got a half-imp. In the words of my husband "I kinda like it...yet I don't"

My first non-raving success. But one out of four isn't bad at all.

In the imp: Dark, sugared vanilla with a hint of musk. It reminds me of Snake Oil, which smelled great in the bottle but totally bombed on my skin. My fingers are crossed.

Wet on my skin: This smells delicious, but not exactly foody to me. I'm not getting any butter from this at all, just sweet vanilla that's smoky and rich.

Drydown: Aha, now the currants have made an appearance. There's a subtle berry smell mixing with the vanilla. And I mean very subtle - if I didn't know there were currants in this, I may not have guessed. There's also something that I can't identify in the background that reminds me of sugared black tea.

I am loving Eat Me! :P It's what Snake Oil should have smelled like on me. I expected a light, foody, cake scent but got an exotic "sugared vanilla tea with a wisp of berry" scent instead. I was so sad when both Snake Oil and Dorian tanked on me, but I think Eat Me is more than capable of filling the void.

Food scents and I don't tend to get along, but this has lovely, lovely currants in it. I'm hoping it doesn't go sickly sweet (ala Dragon's Milk) or plastic (ala Midway) or boozy (ala Gluttony)!

In the vial - Vanilla cake with dried currants on top and some fresh ones baked inside. YUM.

Wet - Cake. CAKE.

Drying - This may be the first food scent I can wear! :P The currant has two layers, one very berry and sweet, the other dark and beneath the surface. Interlaced, of course, by that vanilla not-too-sweet cake.

Dry (45 minutes) - Arg, the vanilla went the way of Dragon's Milk. It's gotten that overly, somehow slightly sour sweet to it and the currant is gone, gone, gone.

Overall - Darn, it was so very promising for awhile there. Just goes to show that I can't ever wear sweet scents. Bah.

I don't get any of the currants in this, nor do I get Snake Charmer. This is straight-up Snake Oil drizzled over vanilla cake. It doesn't morph at all, just goes on, stays pure with a nice modest amount of throw then lingers.

I love it. Snake Oil and O both eventually wore out their charms on me, and this is quickly seizing their throne.

Mm, I do get some cake, but this scent is not wholly foody on me. It smells so yummy and comforting, vaguely reminiscent of potpourri, but in a good way. I will definitely be wearing this a lot through the fall and winter!

Eat Me?

Don't mind if I do! :)

Out of the imp I get a very sharp vanilla cake. Mmmmm! I :P foody scents.

On my skin this smells almost EXACTLY like Snake Oil on me :D I actually had to get my bottle of Snake Oil just to be sure the lab didn't mis-label my imp.

Mmmm as this dries down it turns into a very sugary version of Snake Oil. It's incredible how similar the two are. Snake Oil is a bit more resiny on my skin while this one is more...edible smelling :D

Another winner! ;)