Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
misspissed

Vixen

Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.

I have an imp so old that it's syrupy, so keep that in mind with this review.

I mostly get patchouli in my imp. It's pretty potent, but the orange blossom gives it some sweetness. It's not just a wall of patchouli. I'm not getting any spice from the ginger, which breaks my heart a little. I love it as a note and wish it would come out more. The patch calms down enough to highlight the orange blossom. I think it would be worth trying a newer sample and seeing if the ginger is stronger when it's fresh.

MMMMM i love love love the Labs sweet patch blends. this one i have held off on because: orange blossom BUT it's so smoothly blended in here it's gorgeous. i love this one.

Hmm, weird. I'm not getting any ginger at all. My skin must just obliterate it. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Wet, it's all patch - and this is a darker oil so be careful of potential staining. On drydown, it's Hunger grounded with some nice woody but not gnarly patchouli. I love Hunger, and Vixen, like Hunger, lasts a long time on me. Yay! If you like Hunger and are on friendly terms with patchouli, this ought to be a slam dunk.

In the (aged) bottle: Mellow, earthy patchouli with the light floral sweetness of orange blossom and just a hint of ginger spice.

On my skin:

Wet, the patchouli dominates, though this patch isn't overbearing. A minute later, the ginger starts to creep through. At this point, while the orange blossom isn't detectable on its own, something is acting to counterbalance the patchouli and ginger.

A few minutes later, the orange blossom does become distinct, which adds a sweetness and lightness to the blend overall.

This remains multi-layered on me: All 3 notes are detectable, and I think that's why I like Vixen so much. The patchouli is earthy and woodsy, without being funky (like some patchoulis can get). The orange blossom is light and sweet, which adds a touch of femininity to the blend. And the ginger is a fun, spicy note that complements both of the others.

Throw on me is medium, but it lasts just about forever. I've worn it to work and out for the evening. It works in both places, and when I wear Vixen, I always get compliments on how I smell.

Vixen is one of my signature scents :wub2: It's super feminine, sexy and sassy. 

Wet on skin dominant notes are patchouli and orange blossom - yum! Ginger makes it spicy. With time it all blends together into a lovely smell.  On my skin it has a great throw and stays perceptible for long, however it can be too heavy sometimes. And yes, it leaves stains.

Vixen definitely deserves a try, especially if you like patchouli or sweet, spicy scents.